Saturday
7:45 longford v bray
8:00 Derry v dundalk LC final

Monday
12:00 crumlin v bohs fai cup
19:45 Galway v limerick

sbgawa
13/09/2019, 7:49 PM
Cabo into the play offs 3 nil at half time.
Unbelievable season for them.
Harps picking the wrong time to go on a run of losses.

marinobohs
13/09/2019, 8:47 PM
Abroad so watched Bohs disaster on TV (locals learned some new phrases 😉). Shocking defending and got exactly what we deserved. Awful performance.

pineapple stu
13/09/2019, 8:52 PM
We got one of those things where the other team didn't score more goals than us! What are they called again?

Congrats to Shels too. There was doubts over Morris from early in the season, but they've improved throughout, and 3-1 away to Drogheda is a good way to secure the title.

Jack B
13/09/2019, 8:54 PM
Thank God UCD won't be in the league next season. Absolutely sick of them.

joey B
13/09/2019, 9:00 PM
Congratulations to Shelbourne,we conceded 3 goals in 8 minutes and that was that,had an awful feeling UCD were going to beat Pats so actually relieved it ended 0-0.
Its 5 games left now and UCD need to pick up 5 points on us,not out of the question at all and they'll probably have to beat Sligo next up to set it rolling,I fully expect us to go to Cork next week and lose so the game in early October against UCD will decide what way we finish.......

ger121
13/09/2019, 9:14 PM
At this rate we’ll be doing well to finish 4th

Dalymountrower
13/09/2019, 9:28 PM
Bohs really need an experienced midfield enforcer, bullied off the ball tonight by seasoned pros.
Cracking second goal from Holland, nice player.
Will need to get 3rd or 4th the hard way with results away to Derry and Pats and get something from the Dundalk game.

CorribsideSteve
13/09/2019, 9:29 PM
Some result for Galway tonight. 1 nil down at Half time, win 7-1. Marooned (pun intended) in 8th place in the 1st. It was only 3 years ago they were beating Dundalk 1-0. but maybe signs of something positive from the result tonight for next year.

D24Saint
13/09/2019, 9:36 PM

We will help you’s with that. We cant score , a big clear out needed to give SOD a decent chance next term :(

sbgawa
13/09/2019, 9:38 PM
Surprised to see bohs losing to waterford, Talbot was poor for the first.
Celebrations in Cabo tonight a couple of wins away from premier division.
Would rather see longford or drogs come up or preferably harps stay up.
Nice people in Cabo but would add nothing to the premier division

sbgawa
13/09/2019, 9:39 PM
We will help you’s with that. We cant score , a big clear out needed to give SOD a decent chance next term :(

You dropped the ball tonight with bohs losing.

nigel-harps1954
13/09/2019, 9:46 PM
Surprised to see bohs losing to waterford, Talbot was poor for the first.
Celebrations in Cabo tonight a couple of wins away from premier division.
Would rather see longford or drogs come up or preferably harps stay up.
Nice people in Cabo but would add nothing to the premier division

I'd prefer to see Harps stay up too.

sbgawa
13/09/2019, 9:48 PM
What way do the play offs work is it 2nd bottom if premier v 4th in first division ?

joey B
13/09/2019, 9:51 PM
Premier division straight to the final,3rd plays 4th,winner plays 2nd and the winner of that plays the premier division side,its ridiculous in my eyes that the premier division side gets straight into the final for being crap basically but that's how it is!

dejadem
13/09/2019, 9:51 PM
Congrats to Shels on their title.
It has been some season for Cabinteely.

sbgawa
13/09/2019, 10:12 PM
Seen a good few games of all the play off teams in div 1, not much to choose between them , especially in these cup final type matches.
Could be any of them in the final v harps.
Harps should be good enough for any of them tbh

brendy_éire
13/09/2019, 10:50 PM

Poor result tonight, but Pat's drawing was good.
Our game in hand is against Cork, winnable.

Huge game next week in the Brandywell. I could see yourselves coming away with another win. I've no confidence that we won't concede.

D24Saint
13/09/2019, 11:04 PM
Pat's drawing was good.

Bah Humbug

trevy
14/09/2019, 5:57 AM
Big win last night for Waterford which virtually assures premier division football. We got a bit of luck with first goal but second was a lovely goal.The penalty decision right at the end went our way and it was over a minute or so over the 4 minutes added time when it happened anyway.

marinobohs
14/09/2019, 7:21 AM
Big win last night for Waterford which virtually assures premier division football. We got a bit of luck with first goal but second was a lovely goal.The penalty decision right at the end went our way and it was over a minute or so over the 4 minutes added time when it happened anyway.
Looked a pen alright but after that display Bohs don’t deserve any excuse. Second Waterford goal was a nice finish but home “defending” left s lot to be desired throughout. Squad down to bear bones but defence was experienced enough to do a lot better.

Not looking forward to Derry next week 😵

Nesta99
14/09/2019, 8:05 AM
Looked a pen alright but after that display Bohs don’t deserve any excuse. Second Waterford goal was a nice finish but home “defending” left s lot to be desired throughout. Squad down to bear bones but defence was experienced enough to do a lot better.

Not looking forward to Derry next week 

Wait until RH's forensic analysis before deciding anything conlsuiive!

SeanDrog
14/09/2019, 8:18 AM
Congrats to Shels on their title.
It has been some season for Cabinteely.

I fully agree - congratz to the real Shels supporters and their club, promotion means so much to clubs. Best of luck next season.

Table does not lie and no complaints about last nights result as we were not disciplined enough leading to the sending off - always tough with ten men in such a game. Something we need to learn from.

Playoffs here we come :)

Martinho II
14/09/2019, 9:04 AM
In fairness to Shels they thoroughly deserve their title after the hard years they have suffered. Hope they go from strength to strength and go back to where they originally were.

total hoofball
14/09/2019, 9:25 AM
Absolutely ecstatic were are back in the Premier Division. I fancied our chances to seal it last night as Drogheda's head-to-head results against the top 5 teams in the more crunch games was underwhelming

Huge credit to Ian Morris and his coaching staff, for an inexperienced manager to turn it around after a poor start to win the league is a magnificent achievement. Also the squad had question marks too about their effort after the poor start and their response says it all. We will have to strengthen in alot of areas to finish in the Top 8 next season and I think the club will do that

joey B
14/09/2019, 10:21 AM
Don't fu*k with Tim Clancy :cool:

Longfordian
14/09/2019, 10:50 AM
He might get in trouble for that, though I hope he doesn't as he was dead right.

Olander
14/09/2019, 11:20 AM
Some result for Galway tonight. 1 nil down at Half time, win 7-1. Marooned (pun intended) in 8th place in the 1st. It was only 3 years ago they were beating Dundalk 1-0. but maybe signs of something positive from the result tonight for next year.
It's strange to see you actually posting something about "Galway".

Some performance from us last night - don't want the season to end now. It's a pity we didn't have this squad in place at the start of the season, the 3-4 signings have really strengthened us. If we can retain the key players from this season and improve on it with a few additions we'll definitely be in the hunt for promotion next year. It was great to see a ruthless edge to us last night, it's something United sides often lack.

CorribsideSteve
14/09/2019, 11:43 AM
It's strange to see you actually posting something about "Galway".

Some performance from us last night - don't want the season to end now. It's a pity we didn't have this squad in place at the start of the season, the 3-4 signings have really strengthened us. If we can retain the key players from this season and improve on it with a few additions we'll definitely be in the hunt for promotion next year. It was great to see a ruthless edge to us last night, it's something United sides often lack.
I agree it must seem strange. Bit of a lapsed supporter.There was 5/6 years where I was at nearly every game between 07-13, but University and other life missions got in the way of that. Went to Terryland sporadically after that. I've seen a lot of bad things go down in that period. Bleak. Hope the future is rosier than the past decade has been with all the upheaval.

Olander
14/09/2019, 12:54 PM
I agree it must seem strange. Bit of a lapsed supporter.There was 5/6 years where I was at nearly every game between 07-13, but University and other life missions got in the way of that. Went to Terryland sporadically after that. I've seen a lot of bad things go down in that period. Bleak. Hope the future is rosier than the past decade has been with all the upheaval.
Keep the faith, better days are coming :good:

marinobohs
14/09/2019, 2:39 PM
In fairness to Shels they thoroughly deserve their title after the hard years they have suffered. Hope they go from strength to strength and go back to where they originally were.

Ringsend? 😁 fair dues to Shels, glad to see them back but with the squad they had anything less would be an embarrassment.
As shown in recent seasons, there is a big gap between first and Premier so need a fair bit of improvement to stay up.

total hoofball
14/09/2019, 6:16 PM
Don't fu*k with Tim Clancy :cool:
If Conor Kearns get a 6 match ban I look forward to seeing the length of a ban that actual knacker gets for grabbing a young Shels fan by the throat

marinobohs
14/09/2019, 6:29 PM
If Conor Kearns get a 6 match ban I look forward to seeing the length of a ban that actual knacker gets for grabbing a young Shels fan by the throat
Think Kearns got 5 games the other was by UCD.
Not sure the two are remotely similar incidents but we will see.

Straightstory
14/09/2019, 8:36 PM
Presuming Longford can't catch up Drogs 10 goal goal difference, Drogs finish second after Bray beat Longford. Cabinteely v Longford in the first play-off.

SeanDrog
14/09/2019, 8:58 PM
Presuming Longford can't catch up Drogs 10 goal goal difference, Drogs finish second after Bray beat Longford. Cabinteely v Longford in the first play-off.

Good result for Drogs - more rest time etc.

I really didn’t see Longford losing that match.

Martinho II
15/09/2019, 6:29 PM
Good result for Drogs - more rest time etc.

I really didn’t see Longford losing that match.

The ref we had last night was shocking. Paul Keegan on three occasions got away with not being sent off. But game changed with the sendings off after we took the lead from a lapse in concentration for Bray. Our first sending off was for 2 yellow cards should be one game suspension. As for the second one Anto Breslin could be getting a three game suspension for a straight red.
Think Cabo game in playoffs is going to be extremely tough considering we will be two players down!

Redzer
15/09/2019, 7:31 PM
Keep the faith, better days are coming :good:

Reports from Galway is ye are going for broke next season, with the Comers backing hugely. Is Murphy another Clancy or will the Comers bring in a new manager aswell?

Paulgufc
15/09/2019, 8:10 PM
Murphy staying on. For me, he’s done a good job this year given the budget constraints. Some silly decisions to play himself in games but he’s learning too. He’s big on attitude which I like; for too long we’ve had too many lads who don’t give a ****e.

We’ve some v good young players who will be better next season.

hollocaine
15/09/2019, 9:11 PM
The ref we had last night was shocking. Paul Keegan on three occasions got away with not being sent off. But game changed with the sendings off after we took the lead from a lapse in concentration for Bray. Our first sending off was for 2 yellow cards should be one game suspension. As for the second one Anto Breslin could be getting a three game suspension for a straight red.
Think Cabo game in playoffs is going to be extremely tough considering we will be two players down!

Think Cabo in the play-offs is going to be tough given that Jack Doherty is carrying this Longford team. Too many players raised their game for Bohs in the cup, yet in the recent matches that really mattered (Shels and Bray), they went missing. Absolute stupidity from Chambers. Keegan got away with his as he was more subtle about it. Bray deserved their win. Didn't think Doyle did much in the dugout to motivate/manage the players. Doesn't strike me as management material.

dublinred
16/09/2019, 11:45 AM
A major bookie was running a generous special on Bohs , Pats , Sligo rovers all to win looked great on paper and even upped to odds late on to encourage more bets yet alas Bohs lost and Pats failed to win, obviously Bohs were distracted by the Cup but what was the story with Pats?

Olander
16/09/2019, 12:03 PM
Reports from Galway is ye are going for broke next season, with the Comers backing hugely. Is Murphy another Clancy or will the Comers bring in a new manager aswell?
Murphy will stay on next year, he deserves a chance to manage us with an actual budget. This year our squad was almost entirely amateur with most of the team playing for literally nothing. We played mostly academy players with a few inexperienced players from others clubs like Mark Hannon etc.

Three or four good signings towards the end of the season have strengthened us, but we'll need a few proper additions on top of what we have if we're going to contest the title next season. There is talk of us being interested in 1 or 2 Sligo players already.

Nesta99
16/09/2019, 1:32 PM
A major bookie was running a generous special on Bohs , Pats , Sligo rovers all to win looked great on paper and even upped to odds late on to encourage more bets yet alas Bohs lost and Pats failed to win, obviously Bohs were distracted by the Cup but what was the story with Pats?

UCD proved to be much more organised defensively when we played them in Oriel after the change of manager albeit a week later we did score 5 against them. Pat's werent prolific consistantly in the league so far and with a new manager trying to bed in new ideas it was a potential banana skin. Even after shipping heavy defeats when Dundalk were due to play UCD under new management nothing was taken for granted with the new manager lift a team can get. Same opinion was there for the Cork game that they will be working that bit harder for the visit to Oriel and they nearly picked up a point. UCD actually cause a bit of a scare when a good chance was pulled across the goal and wide before we put the game to bed. Its why bookies are wealthy folk, they have an almost psychic reading of the game and where great prices to us average punter the bookie always comes out on top. LoI in particular can throw some completely odd results up at any time and why i'd be inclined to take the whole rigging of games with a pinch of salt for example.