PDA

View Full Version : Favourite goal celebrations?

Pages : [1] 2

Pauro 76
08/05/2005, 9:27 AM
Favourite ever goal celebrations? heres a few....

Francesco Totti (Roma), during a Rome derby i think, after jumping into the stand, he then sat on a vacant camera stool and pretended to be the cameraman...

Rob Earnshaw (Wales): picked up one of those furry microphones behind the goal and pretended to sing into it...

Facundo Sava (ex Fulham): the guy who used to take a mask out of his sock and wear it when he scored.

Shefki Kuqi (Ipswich): how the lad doesnt injure himself with that dive is beyond me...

M@ttitude
08/05/2005, 9:43 AM
Saw someone recently grab a policemans hat and put it on his head, cant remember who but thought it was funny..

GavinZac
08/05/2005, 9:43 AM
that fella who took a mars bar out of his sock and ate it when he scored cracked me up :D

thecorner
08/05/2005, 10:35 AM
denis behan friday night...legend
JOF when he took the corner flag and pretended it was a horse :D

pineapple stu
08/05/2005, 11:24 AM
Ian Wright and teammates' impression of the Di Canio referee push! :D

jofyisgod
08/05/2005, 12:34 PM
JOF when he took the corner flag and pretended it was a horse :D

Thought of that one straight away too! :D Also his half/half off deal with the shirt is cool, and when he blows the kisses :p

Loved Danny Murphy and GOC's aeroplane one against Waaherfur last year too.

edit- also, at Charlton a few years back, Clive Mendonca used to do this pistol celebration into the crowd-twas unreal

thecorner
08/05/2005, 12:38 PM
most annoying celebration goes to robbie keane without a doubt

adamcarr
08/05/2005, 1:41 PM
most annoying celebration goes to robbie keane without a doubt
I likeit! I can remember durin WC 02 everybody in Ireland was having a shot at it! All of Thierry Henry's celebration are fcuking ****, same with Drogba!

EDIT: Worst has to go to Alan Shearer! :rolleyes:

Colie
08/05/2005, 3:40 PM
Robbie Martin has a pretty good one. Does one of those overhead sideways tumbley flip things. If he works hard at it he'll be doing Daniel Amokachi's soon.

I'd love it if just once when Henry is holding his head up whith his arm in the air looking all cool if someone would just do a Cantona 2 footed lunge into his back.

patsh
08/05/2005, 6:27 PM
Nwanko's celebration when he scored against SPA at the stadium de Sh*te.
It's a pity that was the only goal he scoed for us (in league/cup or Europe),
if he was getting the odd few goals at the Cross and doing that, he would add a few hundred to the gate.....:D

aido_b
08/05/2005, 6:34 PM
A bloke I used to play football with scored one day (we were playing on the phoenix park pitches) and ran onto the next pitch where there was a match going on and booted the ball out of play, ran back onto our pitch and got a yellow card. twas class.

Also I always loved Atillo Lombardos flying celebration

pete
08/05/2005, 7:25 PM
Facundo Sava (ex Fulham): the guy who used to take a mask out of his sock and wear it when he scored.

That was bizarre alright.

Klinsmanns 'dive' when got his first goal for Spurs showing keen sense of irony.

aido_b
08/05/2005, 7:31 PM
Remember this celebration?

David O Leary vs Romania in the 1990 World Cup,

1 word .... Beautiful!

Troy.McClure
08/05/2005, 7:48 PM
I hate to say it, but the Canadian guy who used to play for St Pats the year they beat City to the League on the last day of the season (98/99?) scored the only goal on the last day to win Pats the league. The whole Pats team lined up and watched him 'put' an imagenary golf ball. They all turned their heads as the 'ball' rolled passed them. I think that the guy at the end lifted up an imagenary flag. They all went off to celibrate when the ball dropped. It was so cool and calm, especially considering they had just won the league. :(

Anto McC
08/05/2005, 8:40 PM
Peter Begerie who used to play for Everton used to do a load of flips. :eek: :D
Most annoying was Lee Sharpe's one which invloved the corner flag. :mad:

boysingreen
09/05/2005, 4:32 AM
Where the guy scored, did a flying kick that knocked the corner flag over, then proceeded to give the 'L' shaped gesture w/ 2 hands of fvck you to the crowd. Think he got 2 yellow cards for it.

tiktok
09/05/2005, 10:14 AM
Best City Celebration: Nwankwo's tumbling, still don't know where it came from
Best Celebration: Gordon Strachan at the WC (86?), he scored and ran to jump the advertising hoardings, only he was too small, so he had to stop and in the end just put one leg up on it, brilliantly daft!

Worst Celebration: Alan Shearer, put one hand straight up in air

fosterdollar
09/05/2005, 10:21 AM
Paul Keegan's sealer in last year's Cup Final and his subsequent collapsing under his emotions. Not particularly a fan of Keego as a player but that showed a lot re his love of the game. Didn't go for the glory run as many would have in his position.

harpskid
09/05/2005, 10:44 AM
Ray Houghton, USA 1994 :cool:

Mad Moose
09/05/2005, 10:48 AM
Ray Houghton, USA 1994 :cool:

Terry Phelan's reaction. Settle boys, settle. This just cannot be happening. The shock on his face. Its priceless.

Brendan

harpskid
09/05/2005, 10:51 AM
Also, Kevin Mc Hugh's in the play-off against Derry. Last minute equaliser he went on to the doggy track on all fours

Mad Moose
09/05/2005, 10:55 AM
Also, Kevin Mc Hugh's in the play-off against Derry. Last minute equaliser he went on to the doggy track on all fours

Now there was a classic. An original as well.

Brendan

thecorner
09/05/2005, 11:22 AM
Best Celebration: Gordon Strachan at the WC (86?), he scored and ran to jump the advertising hoardings, only he was too small, so he had to stop and in the end just put one leg up on it, brilliantly daft!

wrong there tiktok.

he explained this one time

he was showing the fans that he actually scored with his left leg ;)

Mad Moose
09/05/2005, 11:30 AM
wrong there tiktok.

he explained this one time

Correct!!! He explained this only very recently on MoTD 2 when they selected 5 goal celebrations.

Is it true Lomana Lua Lua was advised not to continue his excellent somersault celebrations. Given the level of sport related or attributed deaths he would be advised to take such avice.

Roger Milla's celebrations. He was known for a somersault.

Maradona's drug induced celebration in USA 1994 in their 4-0 win over Greece.

Brendan

tiktok
09/05/2005, 12:00 PM

ah bugger! that just ruined it for me :D

pineapple stu
09/05/2005, 12:28 PM
Is it true Lomana Lua Lua was advised not to continue his excellent somersault celebrations. Given the level of sport related or attributed deaths he would be advised to take such advice.
Was it something to do with a (relatively minor) illness he suffered which required an ear drop or something?

Karlos
09/05/2005, 12:49 PM
Mickey Thomas' joyful attempt at a tumble into a handstand was both memorable and pathetic at Anfield in '89

Another standout was Northern Ireland International Sammy Nelson flashing his ar$e at the north bank in Highbury after scoring - you can't even lift your shirt these days!! :p

ken foree
09/05/2005, 2:05 PM
marco tardelli's screaming "no-no-no" run for italy against germans in the '82 wc final must be top three of all time

thecorner
09/05/2005, 2:10 PM
the aragonce of cantona as well i think against sheffield united united(open to correction) after a superb chip when he just turned round with arms in the air as if to say "its that easy"

Roo69
09/05/2005, 2:13 PM
the aragonce of cantona as well i think against sheffield united united(open to correction) after a superb chip when he just turned round with arms in the air as if to say "its that easy"

Cantona did the same Vs. Sunderland, Arrogance at it's finest

ken foree
09/05/2005, 2:18 PM
marco tardelli's screaming "no-no-no" run for italy against germans in the '82 wc final must be top three of all time

..a fairly friggin good clip of which can be found for free here:

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/p/cg/ita_frg_1982.html#

stojkovic
09/05/2005, 2:36 PM
Rivelino and Jairzinho in 1970.

Stand facing the crowd with both fists punching the air at the same time. Looks a bit like a gorilla.

Yes - Marco Tardelli.

The Dutch in 74 had a habit of kicking the ball back into the net after it rebounded out. Neeskens done it in the final.

Worst - anyone remember Mick Channon and his windmill arm.

Slash/ED
09/05/2005, 2:56 PM
I love Eidur Gudjohnsens celebration, it's hard to describe it, just a little hand motion thingy he does, it's pure class.

Maradonas insane celebration in '94 was fantastic too but Roger Millas dog ****ing on the corner flag one is hard to beat.

A personal favourite though was Jason Byrnes v Bohs last year, just went over to their fans who were chanting at him all night and stood there looking at them with no expression on his face at all, arms outstretched. Brilliant.

Actually does anyone remember the Newcastle player who just went insane and started kicking the sponsorship boards? That was class :D

Macy
09/05/2005, 2:57 PM
Mark Hughes v Liverpool, Semi Final Replay, Maine Road, 1985.

tiktok
09/05/2005, 3:06 PM
Actually does anyone remember the Newcastle player who just went insane and started kicking the sponsorship boards? That was class :D

Temuri Ketsbaia :D

pineapple stu
09/05/2005, 3:06 PM
Timuri Ketsbaia! :D

Jan Aage Fjortoft (remember him?!) had the aeroplane celebration. 'Twas fairly popular back in the day!

Junior
09/05/2005, 3:15 PM
Ghod - scoring his 50th against the forces of darkness at Ibrox

Lee sharpe - elvis impersonation at the corner flag

Karlos
09/05/2005, 3:25 PM
Wrighty's '179 Just done it' t-shirt was class even though he cocked it up by displaying it after 178 goals - lucky that he got a hat-trick that day in the end!

Romario, Bebeto and Branco (i think) rocking the baby after Bebto's goal against Holland in '98

Tony Adams pointing to his bandaged head after scoring against Ipswich in the FA Cup. 2 nights previous he had fallen down the stairs of a Romford Nightclub!! Nice one :p

Stuart Pearce after his penalty against Spain, pure emotion.

Not exactly a player celebration, but Mick McCarthy's face before, during and after Keane's goal against Germany in 2002 is one I'll never forget!! :)

Some bad ones: david platt's 'jazz hands - esque' celebration that he used to do after scoring - brutal!

Ryan Giggs pulling his shirt off - besides the fact THAT goal hurt alot - he should come with a government health warning!! for a moment I thought the aul lad had flicked to the discovery channel for a show about espaced Neanderthal apes!! :D

tiktok
09/05/2005, 3:32 PM
Not exactly a player celebration, but Mick McCarthy's face before, during and after Keane's goal against Germany in 2002 is one I'll never forget!! :) :D

Class alright

thecorner
09/05/2005, 3:45 PM
gazza's celebration after the goal against scotland...re-acting the famous dentist's chair

Dublin12
09/05/2005, 3:47 PM
Smudgers goal against Man utd at old trafford last season,gald to see he's keeping the bench warm there now :p

monutdfc
09/05/2005, 4:02 PM
Roger Millas dog ****ing on the corner flag one is hard to beat.
Was that Roger Milla?
I remember him dancing at the corner flag (v Colombia I think). Was the p**ing Daniel Amokachi?

KR's Post
09/05/2005, 4:04 PM
Not exactly a player celebration, but Mick McCarthy's face before, during and after Keane's goal against Germany in 2002 is one I'll never forget!! :)

Puts tears in my eyes every time i see it, very emotional celebration... I was crying after that match, even though we DREW. :eek:

Best though i think was when Fergie And Kidd ran on the pitch and Kidd kissed the grass, with Fergie punching the air after Steve Bruce had thundered in a header from a Pallister cross against Sheffield Wednesday @ OT to virtually gurantee United the League title. Brilliant :D

Slash/ED
09/05/2005, 4:09 PM
Was that Roger Milla?
I remember him dancing at the corner flag (v Colombia I think). Was the p**ing Daniel Amokachi?

You're probably right I'm not really sure.

Also Tony Adams celebration after his left footed volley in '98 was absolutley class

stojkovic
09/05/2005, 4:18 PM
John Aldridge when he scored against Mexico in 94 after his touchline antics. He just grapped the ball out of the net and ran back with it. NOBODY dared congratulate him because he was so wound up.

Ronny Rosenthal celebrating scoring into an empty net only to see the ball come back off the bar.

ollie
09/05/2005, 4:47 PM
there was also robbie fowler of liverpool(at the time) sniffing the white goal line after (open to correction)it was said he was sniffing cocaine at the time.

Slash/ED
09/05/2005, 4:56 PM
there was also robbie fowler of liverpool(at the time) sniffing the white goal line after (open to correction)it was said he was sniffing cocaine at the time.

The celebration was good but the master of excuses, Houllier, came up with an absolute gem. He claimed he wasn't pretending to sniff coke, he was in fact, immitating a cow eating grass. You could not make it up.

thecorner
09/05/2005, 4:56 PM
John Aldridge when he scored against Mexico in 94 after his touchline antics. He just grapped the ball out of the net and ran back with it. NOBODY dared congratulate him because he was so wound up.

might have had something to do with looking for another goal as well

just a thought :confused:

strangeirish
09/05/2005, 5:31 PM
I like the Brandi Chastain('99 Womens World Cup)sports bra celebration :eek:

Junior
09/05/2005, 5:50 PM
not a player celebration, but the two ball boys beind the goal when larsson nutmegged Kontermann and chipped Klos was quality. Them two bhoys will go down in celtic history :D