PDA

View Full Version : Sligo Rovers 1 Kilkenny 0

shedhead
07/05/2005, 9:02 PM
Poor game,we were easily the better team but again (especially without ogrady) we offered little up front. McT came on, did well but still a good few games from match fitness. Flannery done well with the goal and prob could of scored a few others. Kilkenny were limited to long shots and came close from them on a couple of ocasions. Poor crowd but considering the last few home games performances i cant blame people from stayin away. Even tonites result will send a few people away. One bad note on Pat Scullys side was where ohara throw the ball out for an injury in the last few minutes and kilkenny attacked from the throw in, such w*nkers and if any kilkenny fans read this you should be ashamed of your team for doing stuff like that, its not like ye have any thing to play for anyway. As usual ref and co were ridiculus with some decisions(mcT about 5 yards on side one stage when he was blown up and the amount of yellow cards kilkenny got, at least 6). any way it was 3 points but it was only against kilkenny

SligoRoversfan
07/05/2005, 11:19 PM
awful game,we were lucky with scullys header,hopfully flannery is on his way back to form

Rory H
08/05/2005, 11:53 AM
really enjoyed the second half...first was as dull as flannerys new haircut...their physio was nice wasnt she:}

flannery grew in confidence and was DELIGHTED to score....saw that when he celebrated and as he came off the pitch....

sean connor is weird isnt he....someone shouted "change it connor,it isnt working" and he just looked up and shook his head.....it wasnt working!we were lucky to score to be honest!

mc tiernan back now though...watch out kildare

pat scully....so much fun watching him...not in a sexual way.....

he must get abused at every ground....especially when he is going into the tunnel and you are standing outside abusing him....eh john!

got the 3 points so thats all that matters...att. are going down though.....come on rovers this league is ours for the taking!

Da Real Rover
08/05/2005, 12:32 PM
Poor performance against a poor team but at least we got the 3 points. Sean better alter the team for the game against kildare, to be honest we were a bit lucky to come away with the win.

The Stars
09/05/2005, 1:03 PM
Flannery was terrible yet again and still got man of the match.o'hara was inspiring once again in goal and deserved motm.gallagher is a joke,no wonder the gaa didnt want to keep him.hopefuuly ryan o d will recover from his injury and put gallagher out of his myserie.

big pat scully was unlucky to miss that header.will watch tv3 tonight to hear what he has to say........

akearins
09/05/2005, 2:29 PM
"Flannery was terrible yet again and still got man of the match"
Listening to this Flannery bashing for a few seasons now.Down in Athlone certain supporters wer singing his praises for 80mins and when he tired in the last 10 they tore him to bits...wats dat about. His strenghth is his strength, he is no Thierry Henry on the pace front so never expect him to get on the end of hit and hail Mary balls into corners, in the air he got stuck in and won his fair share and the rest, gave his all and got the winner so give him a break......Learned over the years Rovers supporters are quick to criticise local players, remeber O'Grady getting the same treatment before he left

The Stars
09/05/2005, 3:51 PM
"Flannery was terrible yet again and still got man of the match"
Listening to this Flannery bashing for a few seasons now.Down in Athlone certain supporters wer singing his praises for 80mins and when he tired in the last 10 they tore him to bits...wats dat about. His strenghth is his strength, he is no Thierry Henry on the pace front so never expect him to get on the end of hit and hail Mary balls into corners, in the air he got stuck in and won his fair share and the rest, gave his all and got the winner so give him a break......Learned over the years Rovers supporters are quick to criticise local players, remeber O'Grady getting the same treatment before he left

im all for locals at the club but only if they are up to the standard.i agree that flannery won alot of headers but it is very frustrating when he mopes around the pitch.if he gets fitter id have no prblem playing him butnot in his current state.One local who shouldnt be near the team is gallagher.Please Agree. he doesnt realise that he is allowed to overlap Creataro and still thinks he is playing Gaelic.did u know supports of the Gaa sent letters of complaint to the county selecters regaurding his preformances..

akearins
09/05/2005, 3:58 PM
fair comment the Stars.As for Galagher I like most would like to see O'Donnell giving his chance at right full and too would prefer to see the fullbacks over lap to suppprt the attack, by sitting behind J abd Ralph our only option when strikers are marked is to go back to full backs instead of having an outlet in front if they overlapped and simply let tyem sit in and cover the holes left.. :D

sligoman
09/05/2005, 5:18 PM
Flannery was terrible yet again and still got man of the match.

The Stars have you not realised by now that the man of the match always goes to whoever scores the goal :confused: . It's ridiculous and a joke really :D . Rovers could be beaten 10-1 and played absolutely ****e and still it's whoever scores that goal that gets man of the match.

The Stars
09/05/2005, 5:34 PM
Ya i know but surely motm should mean whoever has played the best.

Ciarán Keaveney
09/05/2005, 5:35 PM
O'Donnell was meant to be starting but he injured his knee in the warm up.

sligoman
09/05/2005, 5:36 PM
Ya i know but surely motm should mean whoever has played the best.

I agree, it should. But that's not how it works. Man of the match in the Showgrounds means nothing, it's as simple as that, unfortunately :(

sligoman
09/05/2005, 5:37 PM
O'Donnell was meant to be starting but he injured his knee in the warm up.

Yes we know, I've already posted this :rolleyes: :D :D

Ciarán Keaveney
09/05/2005, 5:43 PM
The draw for the fai cup is on now. its on the news on rte 1.

Ciarán Keaveney
09/05/2005, 5:46 PM
We got malahide utd. at home. (an easy game...Hopefully)

The Stars
10/05/2005, 4:00 PM
i agree totally about flannery

Thank you.finally someone agrees with me about flannery.

Wildrover in fairness would also agree.