PDA

View Full Version : Drogs vs Shelbourne

Anto McC
07/05/2005, 6:10 PM
Right so lads considering the performance against Harps and the fact that Crowe and O'Neill should be back by friday and that Hawkins is out

1.What do you think the line up will be.
2.What score do you think the match will finish.
3.Whose going up to the match(buses leave Tolka at 5:30pm)

Willo
Heary Scouse Jamie Crawley
Baker Weso Stuey Ryan
Byrne Crowe

I reckon a 1-0 victory for Shels and i'll be there to witness it,should be a few going up considering it's only up the road.

Slash/ED
07/05/2005, 6:59 PM
I'll be there, the new motorway means that it's as easy to get to as any game n Dublin really.

Is Crowe definitely back? I thought he was out for alot longer.

Anto McC
07/05/2005, 7:04 PM
As far as i know Crowe is back but maybe somebody else could clue us in.

Slash/ed do you mind if i also use conspiring against cork globally as my location,if we get a few Shels fans to put that as there location it will really freak the villagers out.

Slash/ED
07/05/2005, 7:15 PM
Yeah go for it if you like :D

The last I heard of Crowe was he had a 6 week long injury, but there's been nothing on the offical site so nobody really knows.

Anto McC
07/05/2005, 7:27 PM
That long,i was talking to someone at the club the night he picked up the injury and they said he didn't pull his hamstring just strained it,that's why i expected him to be back for the Drogs match.

As for the location thing i'm going to change it and appeal to any Shels fans reading this to change it as well it's Conspiring against Cork City Globally.

Slash/ED
07/05/2005, 7:32 PM
Well I picked up this 6 weeks thing off some messageboard to take it with a pinch of salt, I hope he's back for Bohs in Dalymount, it'll be some event if he is!

Anto McC
07/05/2005, 7:41 PM
Let's have him come off the bench to score the winner in the last minute,that's the stuff dreams are made of. :D

Slash/ED
07/05/2005, 7:47 PM
It would be almost poetic if his first goal for us came in Dalymount Park, pratically gaurenteed if he's fit too.

Anto McC
07/05/2005, 7:54 PM
He takes a bit of grief of the fans but if he did score a winner against Bohs in sandymount he would never have to do another thing in his Shels career because he would already have Legendry status in Tolka or wherever were playing.

Slash/ED
07/05/2005, 7:55 PM
I dunno, despite the fact he hasn't scored I've been impressed with his performances. His passing and ability to find a man quickly when the balls played up with him look simple but are fairly effective, we can play good football with him in the side. When the goals come, he'll be exceptional.

Anto McC
07/05/2005, 7:58 PM
I completely agree with you,I'm not the one giving the grief but with all that said strikers are there to score goals first and foremost,but i have no doubts that the goals will come eventully.

pete
08/05/2005, 6:45 PM
No excuses not to have 1000+ at Drogs. Can get to drogheda on the mway almost as quick as getting across to Inchicore!

Slash/ED
08/05/2005, 7:40 PM
Quicker if anything, but only drawback is it's not as easy to hop on a bus or something like that, but we should have a decent support with us yeah.

Anto McC
08/05/2005, 7:44 PM
No excuses not to have 1000+ at Drogs. Can get to drogheda on the mway almost as quick as getting across to Inchicore!

Pete the problem with Shels in regards to numbers is actually not the size but the consistancy.Against the likes of yourselves,Bohs and the other Dublin clubs we get decent numbers but the same people do not show up against the likes of Harps or Bray(no disrespect to those clubs) and very few actually make the effort to travel with the club even if it is only to Inchicore let alone Drogheda.

Slash/ED
08/05/2005, 7:48 PM
That's improving though this season D2 red, even the least attractive home games we have have pulled minimum 2,000, which isn't too bad, it's better than in previous years anyway.

Anto McC
08/05/2005, 8:31 PM
Yeah it's much better in previous years but i hate that selectivness about which games they bother going to.Against Cork at home in the Setanta cup their was a sh*tload singing and the atmosphere was great but the next match against Bray the only atmosphere was being created by the Bray fans.

Btw only noticed recently but the new stand is really bad for holding the atmosphere where as the riverside where the away fans are is brilliant for holding the noise.

Slash/ED
08/05/2005, 9:00 PM
Yeah the New Stand is actually poor for the noise retention, under the roof in the riverside is the best place in the ground for it

pete
08/05/2005, 9:03 PM
Going to be NI officials at the match too.

:eek:

Rebal Boy
08/05/2005, 9:38 PM
That's improving though this season D2 red, even the least attractive home games we have have pulled minimum 2,000, which isn't too bad, it's better than in previous years anyway.

If City were in around 6th spot they would get nearly atleats 2,500 at their games. A club like Shelbourne should be getting crowds of atleast 3000-4000 at every home game. 3000 is like a small crowd to us. If there was a league for the best supporters we would get it without a dought. Anyway I hope ye lose against Drogs. :D :D

Anto McC
09/05/2005, 5:30 PM
If City were in around 6th spot they would get nearly atleats 2,500 at their games. A club like Shelbourne should be getting crowds of atleast 3000-4000 at every home game. 3000 is like a small crowd to us. If there was a league for the best supporters we would get it without a dought.

DUBLIN:4 big clubs,1 small city(by Cork fans admittance)
CORK:1 big club,1 big city(by Cork fans admittance)
There's your answers

Anyway I hope ye lose against Drogs. :D :D
Well there is a big suprise :rolleyes: