PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup 2019/20

Pages : [1] 2 3

Shearer
05/09/2019, 6:13 PM
The draw is being held on Tuesday September 10th following a junior key committee meeting in Abbotstown. Draw will be posted on Striker Online immediately.

Not sure if the provisional date for the first round of week ending September 15th is still being stuck with but I'm sure that'll be revealed Tuesday.

Shearer
11/09/2019, 11:24 AM
FAI Junior Cup 2019/20 draw. (https://www.strikeronline.ie/fai-new-balance-junior-cup-2019-2020)

Shearer
29/09/2019, 3:02 PM
Castleisland knock out Newmarket Celtic.

Johnnie C
29/09/2019, 8:59 PM
Big surprise that. Newmarket have been accustomed to lengthy runs in the competition in recent times.

Round Tower
29/09/2019, 10:40 PM
Mayo Area 2nd Round Results
Moy Villaa 3 - 2 Snugbora AET
Newport/Mullrany 2 - 0 Crossmolina
Manulla 3 - 0 Fahy Rovers
Killala 1 - 2 Kiltimagh/Knock Utd
Westport Utd. 10 - 1 Erris Utd.
Castlebar Celtic 2-0 Claremorris
Ballina Town 7-2 Swinford
Ballyheane 3-1 Ballyglass
Ballyhaunis Town 5-1 Kilmore

Coolcat
02/10/2019, 11:23 AM
FAI Junior Cup Round 3
Ennis Town v Killarney Ath.
Killarney Celtic v Coole FC
Castleisland FC v Newcastle Town FC
Carrig Celtic v Kilcornan FC
Fenit Samphires FC v Lifford
Bridge Utd v Ballinagarry FC
Shannon Hibs FC v Windmill Utd
Shannon Town FC v FC Creeves Cel or Pallaskenry FC
Adare Utd v Grannagh Utd.
St. Brendans Park v Shannon Olympic FC
Avenue Utd v Broadford Rovers
Kildysart Celtic or Manus Celtic v Rathkeale FC

Ties to be played weekending 20th October 2019

CBL20
15/10/2019, 10:28 AM
Glen Celtic v Doolans Cow & UCC United v Blackpool Celtic this weekend in the 3rd Round Cork Section

SteveSilvermint
19/10/2019, 6:55 PM
Big shock today the cow winning 3/2 .

Kennycon
21/10/2019, 6:36 AM
Anyone have an idea what price pike are to win the FAI Junior cup?

ForzaForth
21/10/2019, 8:34 AM
Paddy Power did have prices up for the tournament, but they don't appear to be there at the moment. From memory, I think it was Pike, St. Michaels and another club at five to one. North End of Wexford were at fourteen to one.

Junior10
29/10/2019, 12:50 PM
So the top Business League team beat the top AUL team...away :D

And you have fellas on here discrediting the business league...lol

P.s I'm not shocked

JaketheSnake
29/10/2019, 1:38 PM
So the top Business League team beat the top AUL team...away :D

And you have fellas on here discrediting the business league...lol

P.s I'm not shocked

Glen Celtic are not the top team in the AUL . They didnt win the Premier League , AOH or Mossie last year as they were first division . So how are they the top team in the AUL?

fanaticfan
02/11/2019, 12:25 AM
4th round draw

https://www.strikeronline.ie/fai-new-balance-junior-cup-2

CBL20
05/11/2019, 9:25 AM
Doolans Cow v UCC United - tie of the round down here in Cork!

SteveSilvermint
05/11/2019, 3:53 PM
Doolans Cow v UCC United - tie of the round down here in Cork!
Don't be silly coachford v at Mary's is the big one .

Kennycon
06/11/2019, 5:24 PM
Don't be silly coachford v at Mary's is the big one .

Cork teams are finished at this level

SteveSilvermint
07/11/2019, 1:11 AM
Cork teams are finished at this level
Of course they are sure arnt they doing the fair way with real junior clubs not like all the senior sides in disguise convince yourself all you want some of those cup wins are tainted ...Like taking candy from a baby .. cheats is not a strong enough word.

Kennycon
08/11/2019, 6:38 AM
Of course they are sure arnt they doing the fair way with real junior clubs not like all the senior sides in disguise convince yourself all you want some of those cup wins are tainted ...Like taking candy from a baby .. cheats is not a strong enough word.

Fairway ??? Not sure I understand that, st Michael a prestigious club and great tradition in competitions, they would probably best most if not all senior clubs in cork. My point is cork AUL is poor and has been for some time. I am at every FAI and Mj final and I can’t rem the last time I’ve seen a cork team in it.

SteveSilvermint
08/11/2019, 8:28 AM
Fairway ??? Not sure I understand that, st Michael a prestigious club and great tradition in competitions, they would probably best most if not all senior clubs in cork. My point is cork AUL is poor and has been for some time. I am at every FAI and Mj final and I can’t rem the last time I’ve seen a cork team in it.
My point is form a senior league and do not enter junior competitve cups because to be honest the quality of players your signing should be playing in that compony ..tip Limerick and so on should form senior leagues .not getting into this jobs and cash thing big difference between a guy paying 5 euro script and what going on in the big clubs like those you mention and more .

fifa
08/11/2019, 1:28 PM
Why don't they go and prove it,they cant keep going on about expenses its only Cork they'd be travelling to not Donegal, If theyre so confident about winning the senior league come down and do it

fifa
08/11/2019, 1:31 PM
They cant just "form" a senior league they'd have to join the MUNSTER senior league, Cant see it happening though as theyre happy to compete locally and try win the fai and munster junior cups

SteveSilvermint
08/11/2019, 3:53 PM
They cant just "form" a senior league they'd have to join the MUNSTER senior league, Cant see it happening though as theyre happy to compete locally and try win the fai and munster junior cups
You mean it can't happen as they will get a game week in week out and will have to compete on a level playing field for the silverware.

Shearer
08/11/2019, 5:14 PM
You mean it can't happen as they will get a game week in week out and will have to compete on a level playing field for the silverware.
Yawn.
If those teams who paid their players buggered off then Cork junior sides would still be inferior to what remains.
Isn't Garry Comerford playing for Kilumney United ffs!

SteveSilvermint
08/11/2019, 6:14 PM
Yawn.
If those teams who paid their players buggered off then Cork junior sides would still be inferior to what remains.
Theres no 1 player make s a team he can't win game by himself.thers 5 or 6 teams well capable of holding ther own with genuine junior sides.

Kennycon
09/11/2019, 8:07 AM
Theres no 1 player make s a team he can't win game by himself.thers 5 or 6 teams well capable of holding ther own with genuine junior sides.

No one player can make a team but a big signing can encourage others to follow, but I would like to see the top teams in Munster form a league.

Kennycon
09/11/2019, 8:07 AM
Yawn.
Christ you know your stuff!!!! I didn’t know he signed for them

SteveSilvermint
09/11/2019, 9:15 AM
No one player can make a team but a big signing can encourage others to follow, but I would like to see the top teams in Munster form a league.

I agree and from here in the cork it has already started he will get in signings they just collected team of the year in cork so it's work in progress.

Kennycon
09/11/2019, 7:21 PM
I agree and from here in the cork it has already started he will get in signings they just collected team of the year in cork so it's work in progress.
So the question, is he getting paid

SteveSilvermint
09/11/2019, 8:37 PM
So the question, is he getting paid

I would say no..:D:act-up:

Shearer
10/11/2019, 3:47 PM
Newcastle West Town, Rathkeale and Carrig Celtic will represent the Desmond League in the Last 64.

While North End United were knocked out by New Oak Boys.

nigel-harps1954
10/11/2019, 10:36 PM
Kildrum Tigers, Buncrana Hearts, Greencastle and Cockhill Celtic Youths through from Donegal/Inishowen/Ulster section.

Junior10
11/11/2019, 6:23 AM
Glen Celtic are not the top team in the AUL . They didnt win the Premier League , AOH or Mossie last year as they were first division . So how are they the top team in the AUL?

Well they were picked in this forum as a favorite for their league. Just goes to show the AUL is just another junior league. Any team in it would get murdered in the Munster Senior League. Case in point Carrigtwhoill.

donaldihno
11/11/2019, 9:28 AM
Lakewood came 4th in Premier A last season
Doing ok up senior this season
Knocked out St Marys from fai intermediate cup

JaketheSnake
11/11/2019, 12:48 PM
Well they were picked in this forum as a favorite for their league. Just goes to show the AUL is just another junior league. Any team in it would get murdered in the Munster Senior League. Case in point Carrigtwhoill.

Favourite for Prem A which is the second Tier of AUL football ,a league below Prem . That hardly makes them the top team in the AUL ? The AUL is just another junior league !

SteveSilvermint
11/11/2019, 1:24 PM
Favourite for Prem A which is the second Tier of AUL football ,a league below Prem . That hardly makes them the top team in the AUL ? The AUL is just another junior league !

Let's be fair Jake your take on the glen is only good for this season they will be prem next season and they are a good side on the day their a match for any side in cork junior football and some in msl the quality of players in the team is the envy of many.

JaketheSnake
12/11/2019, 8:51 AM
Let's be fair Jake your take on the glen is only good for this season they will be prem next season and they are a good side on the day their a match for any side in cork junior football and some in msl the quality of players in the team is the envy of many.

They are Prem A this year not Premier. They should get promoted alright . But for me the top team in the AUL is the team that wins the Premier not the Premier A

SteveSilvermint
12/11/2019, 3:33 PM
They are Prem A this year not Premier. They should get promoted alright . But for me the top team in the AUL is the team that wins the Premier not the Premier A
Have to agree with you ...there as good as any team thou

the 12 th man
12/11/2019, 5:26 PM
In AUL Dublin the top League is Premier A lads.Premier is the second tier.

The Athletic Union League is an association football league featuring junior and amateur teams mainly from Northside, Dublin. The AUL currently operates thirteen divisions. Its senior division is known as the Premier A. Teams from the AUL also compete in the FAI Cup, the FAI Junior Cup and the Leinster Senior Cup

JaketheSnake
13/11/2019, 6:49 AM
In AUL Dublin the top League is Premier A lads.Premier is the second tier.

The Athletic Union League is an association football league featuring junior and amateur teams mainly from Northside, Dublin. The AUL currently operates thirteen divisions. Its senior division is known as the Premier A. Teams from the AUL also compete in the FAI Cup, the FAI Junior Cup and the Leinster Senior Cup

The opposite is the case in the Cork AUL where the Premier is above Premier A

Johnnie C
13/11/2019, 4:49 PM
FAI Junior Cup 5th Round Draw
Trim Celtic or Transport FC v Avenue Utd
Sheriff YC or Kilmore Celtic v Salthill Devon FC
Castlebar Celtic v Vee Rovers
Mullingar Town FC or Ballinhown FC v Crettyard Utd.
Fairview Rgs v Ashling Annacotty FC v Castleview FC
Greencastle FC v Mervue Utd
Willow Park FC v Cappamore Celtic v Regional Utd
Manulla FC v Springfield FC or Rathcoole Rvs
Westport Utd v Balscadden or Liffey Wanderers
Cashel Town v Rosslare Rgs or Bridge Utd
Athlunkard Viulla FC v Connagh Utd v Finglas Celtic
Garda FC or St. John Bosco FC v Fermoy FC
Suncroft v Southend Utd
Shannon Hibs FC v Beechpark FC or Dunshaughlin Youths or Tolka Rvs.
Birr Town FC v St. Michaels FC
St. John Bosco FC v Glenthorn Celtic A
Innishvilla FC v Newpark FC
Rush Ath or Dublin Celtic v Rathkeale FC
Oliver Bond Celtic v Castlerea FC
VEC FC or Rosemount Mulvey FC v Buncrana Harps FC
Carrig Celtic v Prospect Prior FC v Newport Town FC
Ballynanty Rovers v Pike Rovers v Newcastlewest Town
Arthur Griffith Park FC or Drumcondra FC v Ferrybank FC
Cockhill Celtic v Usher Celtic
Athenry FC v Coachford FC
Crumlin Utd v Cahir Park FC
Killarney Celtic v St. Kevin’s Boys FC
Bohemians FC or Carrigaline Utd A v Skerries Town FC
Kildrum Tigers FC v Blackrock College FC
Villa FC v Ballinsloe Town FC
Doolans Cow FC v Valeview Shankill FC or Tallaght Utd
Gorey Rangers v New Oak Boys FC

Round Tower
14/11/2019, 12:05 PM
FAI Junior Cup 5th Round Draw
Trim Celtic or Transport FC v Avenue Utd
Sheriff YC or Kilmore Celtic v Salthill Devon FC
Castlebar Celtic v Vee Rovers
Mullingar Town FC or Ballinhown FC v Crettyard Utd.
Fairview Rgs v Ashling Annacotty FC v Castleview FC
Greencastle FC v Mervue Utd
Willow Park FC v Cappamore Celtic v Regional Utd
Manulla FC v Springfield FC or Rathcoole Rvs
Westport Utd v Balscadden or Liffey Wanderers
Cashel Town v Rosslare Rgs or Bridge Utd
Athlunkard Viulla FC v Connagh Utd v Finglas Celtic
Garda FC or St. John Bosco FC v Fermoy FC
Suncroft v Southend Utd
Shannon Hibs FC v Beechpark FC or Dunshaughlin Youths or Tolka Rvs.
Birr Town FC v St. Michaels FC
St. John Bosco FC v Glenthorn Celtic A
Innishvilla FC v Newpark FC
Rush Ath or Dublin Celtic v Rathkeale FC
Oliver Bond Celtic v Castlerea FC
VEC FC or Rosemount Mulvey FC v Buncrana Harps FC
Carrig Celtic v Prospect Prior FC v Newport Town FC
Ballynanty Rovers v Pike Rovers v Newcastlewest Town
Arthur Griffith Park FC or Drumcondra FC v Ferrybank FC
Cockhill Celtic v Usher Celtic
Athenry FC v Coachford FC
Crumlin Utd v Cahir Park FC
Killarney Celtic v St. Kevin’s Boys FC
Bohemians FC or Carrigaline Utd A v Skerries Town FC
Kildrum Tigers FC v Blackrock College FC
Villa FC v Ballinsloe Town FC
Doolans Cow FC v Valeview Shankill FC or Tallaght Utd
Gorey Rangers v New Oak Boys FC

The 3 Mayo league teams all got home ties, Castlebar Celtic would be the strongest of the 3, won the Super League in Mayo the highest league in the Mayo league, Westport Utd. is a formerwinner of the FAI junior cup

Kennycon
17/11/2019, 8:43 PM
Pike rovers are marching

SteveSilvermint
17/11/2019, 9:34 PM
Pike rovers are marching

With the cheque book in hand .

Shearer
17/11/2019, 10:23 PM
With the cheque book in hand .
Yawn.

Fairkop
17/11/2019, 10:25 PM
Good result for Pike ,reports from game would suggest a very comfortable win.Having watched Fairview stroll to victory v Aisling one has to wonder whats all the fuss about Aisling,very poor team performance,didn,t look like they had any game plan,some of their players very unfit.

Shearer
18/11/2019, 12:53 PM
Good result for Pike ,reports from game would suggest a very comfortable win.Having watched Fairview stroll to victory v Aisling one has to wonder whats all the fuss about Aisling,very poor team performance,didn,t look like they had any game plan,some of their players very unfit.
Balla were well on top in the first half but never got a shot off. Pike took over in the second and got two questionable goals but still deserved it.
Thought the LOI players from Balla were non-existant. Red has done nothing since coming back by all accounts, Kelly and Hughes both very ordinary. Ellis didn't get the service needed but looked lethal when he had it.

SteveSilvermint
18/11/2019, 6:10 PM
Yawn..:rolleyes:

Johnnie C
30/11/2019, 6:56 PM
Saturday 30th November:
FAI New Balance Junior Cup 5th Round: Innishvilla 2 New Park FC 2 (New Park won 4-1 on pens aet);
Athenry 3 Coachford 2;
St John Boscos 1 Glenthorn Celtic A 4;

Shearer
01/12/2019, 3:33 PM
4th Round
Rush Athletic 5-1 Dublin Celtic

5th Round
Carrig Celtic 3-2 Newport Town.
Fairview Rangers 9-0 Castleview.
Coonagh United 4-4 Finglas AET (Coonagh win on penalties).
Willow United 0-3 Regional United
Killarney Celtic 4-1 St. Kevin's Boys
Cockhill Celtic 0-7 Usher Celtic

Johnnie C
01/12/2019, 4:29 PM
Carrigaline United 0 Skerries Town 1
Manulla 0 Springfield 2