PDA

View Full Version : Cork City 3-1 St. Patrick's Athletic

Rebal Boy
06/05/2005, 9:19 PM
Great win for City tonight. In think they should of won by a bit more. Its about time we got a home win. Hopefully more of the same next Friday in Waterford. :) I'd say there will be hundreds of City fans down there. I'm very much looking forward to it. COME ON CITY!

kevincronin2000
06/05/2005, 10:56 PM
yeah good result for city, Thought billy had a good game at full back, cleared of the line early in the second half, should be be good for his confidence, dont think Devine was 100% fit. SPA commited a lot of fouls and georgie most have been the most foulded player on the pitch, mind you this seems to be a bit of an occurance the dubs seem to be kicking us around on the pitch, hope the refs will protect our players against this thuggish behavior especcially seeing that we have waterford up next.

Éanna
06/05/2005, 11:00 PM
City played very well first half, eased off second half which was understandable given they were 3-0 up 5 mins in. Very good, very encouraging performance- my only complaint is that we didn't keep going and put 6 or 7 past them like we could have. More performances like that first half and we won't be dropping too many more points at home

ccfcgirl
06/05/2005, 11:02 PM
3-1 great result ,roys goal was a classic ,i couldnt believe it went in.Good to see Doyle and Behan scoring as well.As for george getting the og it was pats only way of scoring ,worst Pats team ive seen in years .I m well looking forward to waterford.

pete
07/05/2005, 11:22 AM
I suppose difference was city got early goal so SPA couldn't sit back for rest of the game?

Surprised not to see Greg at fullback.

niamh
07/05/2005, 12:09 PM
Billy did do well against Shels though considering he was up against Richie Baker - one of the form players in recent weeks.
Good to see Roy O'Donovan following up on a very promising debut v Shels.

Fair_play_boy
07/05/2005, 5:19 PM
Doyler's effort across the goal at St. Anne's end was only inches wide. Devine made a world class save up that end in the first half, I was sure it was going to be a goal low to his right. Still can't work out how me managed to keep it out. Super Keeper. :ball:

patsh
07/05/2005, 7:23 PM
Shaky enough for the first few minutes, they could have scored early on.
Was dissappointed by the way we lost concentration near the end, we could have left in more than the own goal.

Was very disappointed with Foley. Though he was a much better player than that. He whinged and moaned for the night, and tried to undress Doyle every time he got near him. Not playing like he used too.

Billy was excellent, some praise due after all the abuse of the last few weeks.
Surely George is now THE BEST player in this league without any argument?