View Full Version : Harry Kenny

Pages : [1] 2

joey B
24/08/2019, 4:08 PM
Has resigned......

Jack B
24/08/2019, 4:10 PM
Good riddance.

Not our worst side but still my least enjoyable period in 20-odd years supporting Pats. I'm sure many can relate. Absolute waste of a season allowing him to last this long but at least now we can maybe salvage something from it, even if only through raising the mood around the place.

CorribsideSteve
24/08/2019, 4:59 PM
St. Pats fans rejoice!

D24Saint
24/08/2019, 5:04 PM
Very surprising turn of events this season. It could never have been predicted the sheer level of incompetence he displayed at times. The players have looked lost and unmotivated of late. Not sure who to turn to next.

marinobohs
24/08/2019, 6:10 PM
Roddy..... his time has surely come 😁 both have claims to "never been relegated" it's a perfect match.
You know it makes sense 😁

Onapointoforder
24/08/2019, 6:50 PM
C O Neill to take over @ St Pats....might b too much of a step up...one thing managing wet behind the ears kids, another dealing with hardened lads, will he b able for it???

Nesta99
24/08/2019, 6:55 PM
Fair cop, he fell on his sword saving money. Opens the way for a Placid Casual's ongoing campaign to get him to Tallaght!!

TonyD
24/08/2019, 9:35 PM
Roddy..... his time has surely come 😁 both have claims to "never been relegated" it's a perfect match.
You know it makes sense 😁

Ah here. We may be in a bad way, but we're not that desperate :)

oriel
24/08/2019, 10:01 PM
Roddy just a spent force at this stage, doesn't warrant any further discussion. Its a tricky situation for Pats, out of the cup but comfortable in mid table. What route will they take, get someone in to just stabilise or push the boat out a little and try and get into euro spot next season?

I'm just not sure they have the squad to push on, plus the 3 year deal for Forrester is obv taking a huge dent in their budget and he has been very disappointing with 1/4 the season left. It will depend on what they want, I was there a few weeks ago and it might have only been a 1-0 win for Dlk on a sat tea time ko to accommodate our run in Europe, but I couldn't get over the quietness of the whole set up, from Pats fans to players not talking, it ended up very easy for Dundalk who made 7-8 changes I think.

I like Pats, decent club and I enjoyed that challenge in 2013 when they deservedly won the league by eventually pushing us aside, but they'll need to carefully think of their next move. In the city Bohs have firmly overtaken them as no 2 if Shels come up that will be another challenge to them.

Dalymountrower
24/08/2019, 10:21 PM
Thought that wins v Cork and Sligo made HK's position secure.Thay are well placed to push for fourth as Bohs look to be a bit gassed.Harry's a proud man, not afraid to take on Delaney and the FAI in a previous life, surprised he didn't stick with it to the end of the season.

marinobohs
25/08/2019, 8:07 AM
Ah here. We may be in a bad way, but we're not that desperate :)
I was joking 😁 I'm guessing Ger O'Brien until the end of the season (see how he gets on) and a permanent appointment then.

disgruntled
25/08/2019, 10:11 AM
How about Collie O'Neill ?

pineapple stu
25/08/2019, 10:13 AM
The Pat's job was full-time, which would likely be a problem.

PartySaint
25/08/2019, 10:21 AM
It’s a shame the club didn’t do it before the cup game as we could see we were going nowhere with Kenny in charge.

Still only 3 points off 4th so plenty to play for.

Who do we get to replace him? I’ve no idea but I wouldn’t mind looking at something different outside of the league.

Nesta99
25/08/2019, 11:27 AM
Coul Long and Croly be enticed to move for a fulltime setup (unless Bohs are going FT)? John Caulfield is kicking his heels at the moment ;) There will be no shortage of applicants for withing league circles and the UK from lads looking to build a career. Important times for Pats and a key appointment needed to make Europe!

Dalymountrower
25/08/2019, 2:15 PM
Maybe your own straw man Mr Gill might be interested,?Has badge will travel.

Nesta99
25/08/2019, 3:32 PM
Not beyond possible. He was at Pats as assistant in the past so familiar with the club. As soon as Perth has his pro licence complete Gill could well move on. It would be an end of season change though.

Ezeikial
25/08/2019, 5:39 PM
Not beyond possible. He was at Pats as assistant in the past so familiar with the club. As soon as Perth has his pro licence complete Gill could well move on. It would be an end of season change though.

Pro Licence course finishes mid season 2020 so the man with the pro licence (and a bucket full of clichés) will be needed for a while yet

RathfarnhamHoop
25/08/2019, 6:01 PM
How about Collie O'Neill ?

He's certainly someone Pats should look at. Job at Microsoft probably rules him out of Cork and Longford if they want to train in Longford but Microsoft are only half an hour from where pats train on the m50 so depending on just how flexible his hours are (know they are to an extent) it might be doable.

Martinho II
25/08/2019, 6:47 PM
Surprised Martin Russell hasnt being mentioned considering his Pats connections or is it cos hes so busy fighting his son Seans battle with Limerick for medical bills regarding his bad injury?

Couch Potato
26/08/2019, 8:15 AM
I think I'd prefer to get off the LOI merry-go-round of managers as I think we will need something different to get back involved in the business end of seasons.
Since we've gone full time we now compete with Rovers and Dundalk for any of the players in the Dublin area, naturally that's a battle we will lose 9 times in 10 so I'd prefer someone from outside the league with different connections for players.

A gamble no doubt but one worth taking IMO. We have some good players already under contract so there is the bones of a good squad there for next year and European football has to be the aim.

PartySaint
26/08/2019, 8:52 AM
With the Cup draw this morning it looks like a team from the top 3 will definitely win the Cup, so there's still plenty to play for, hopefully get someone in soon.

TonyD
26/08/2019, 6:46 PM
I was joking �� I'm guessing Ger O'Brien until the end of the season (see how he gets on) and a permanent appointment then.

Ah yeah, I assumed you were. Nobody could make that suggestion seriously :D

Looks like Ger O'Brien for the rest of the season alright. Would like to think we could still push for Europe, but who the hell knows at this stage.

marinobohs
27/08/2019, 8:47 PM
Ah yeah, I assumed you were. Nobody could make that suggestion seriously :D

Looks like Ger O'Brien for the rest of the season alright. Would like to think we could still push for Europe, but who the hell knows at this stage.
Players should be good enough to put in a decent finish but depends on whether G O'B (or AN Other) can get them playing, there is a lot more in that squad than we have seen this season.

PartySaint
28/08/2019, 10:18 AM
https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/gerard-nash-front-runner-take-19020253?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Charlie Darwin
28/08/2019, 6:02 PM
He's certainly someone Pats should look at. Job at Microsoft probably rules him out of Cork and Longford if they want to train in Longford but Microsoft are only half an hour from where pats train on the m50 so depending on just how flexible his hours are (know they are to an extent) it might be doable.
Longford still train in Leixlip, do they?

Martinho II
28/08/2019, 6:17 PM

Yeah we still do Charlie!

RathfarnhamHoop
28/08/2019, 6:21 PM

Yeah but I had heard they were planning on moving training to Longford, think all youth teams now train in Longford?

Martinho II
28/08/2019, 6:28 PM
Yeah but I had heard they were planning on moving training to Longford, think all youth teams now train in Longford?

yeah our youths teams train in longford but its news to me that senior team are moving training to Longford. It hasnt being done since 2008 season. Unless its something that has escaped me?

RathfarnhamHoop
28/08/2019, 6:41 PM
yeah our youths teams train in longford but its news to me that senior team are moving training to Longford. It hasnt being done since 2008 season. Unless its something that has escaped me?

It's not something that's definitely happening just think I remember hearing in a podcast in the last season or so that that's the aim, and with a new manager coming in you'd think that'd be the time to do it if it was the plan.

outspoken
28/08/2019, 10:35 PM
It's not something that's definitely happening just think I remember hearing in a podcast in the last season or so that that's the aim, and with a new manager coming in you'd think that'd be the time to do it if it was the plan.

No lad what you recall is our former Judas manager saying on a podcast that he wanted to move the clubs underage set up to Dublin to attract better players and so that it would be easier to keep tabs on up and coming players and bed them into the senior set up but the club rejected it saying the youth teams would remain in longford and rightly so.

We've trained in Dublin for a long time now (senior team) and it is a major asset to us there's definitely no plans to change that.

RathfarnhamHoop
29/08/2019, 10:33 AM
No lad what you recall is our former Judas manager saying on a podcast that he wanted to move the clubs underage set up to Dublin to attract better players and so that it would be easier to keep tabs on up and coming players and bed them into the senior set up but the club rejected it saying the youth teams would remain in longford and rightly so.

We've trained in Dublin for a long time now (senior team) and it is a major asset to us there's definitely no plans to change that.

Maybe that was it. Bit harsh to call him a Judas, he got a job offer at a former club, a bigger club and probably a pay rise, he'd have been daft to turn it down

D24Saint
29/08/2019, 10:56 AM
https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/36631/nash-front-runner-for-managers-job-at-st-patricks-athletic

More on the Nash speculation, he would be a punt but might be worth taking.

CorribsideSteve
29/08/2019, 6:30 PM
Perhaps to be taken with a pinch of salt, but Neil O'Riordan of the Sun tweeting that Stevie O'Donnell may be taking the reins at Pats til the end of the season.
https://twitter.com/noriordan/status/1167122379404914690

Ezeikial
29/08/2019, 6:45 PM
Perhaps to be taken with a pinch of salt, but Neil O'Riordan of the Sun tweeting that Stevie O'Donnell may be taking the reins at Pats til the end of the season.
https://twitter.com/noriordan/status/1167122379404914690

Journo James Rogers tweeting that St Pats have made an approach to Stephen O'Donnell

https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/status/1167128708035022848

Nesta99
29/08/2019, 7:08 PM
Interesting choice if it comes to pass and would be a big loss to Dundalk FC.

Jack B
29/08/2019, 9:13 PM
Seems a weird one, why would O'Donnell leave the job he's in to only take over at Pats until the end of the season? Unless he'll have gotten the requisite qualifications for the start of next season but strange all the same.

Ezeikial
30/08/2019, 6:45 AM
Seems a weird one, why would O'Donnell leave the job he's in to only take over at Pats until the end of the season? Unless he'll have gotten the requisite qualifications for the start of next season but strange all the same.

Pats can do a Giller

PartySaint
30/08/2019, 8:06 AM
Pats can do a Giller

That's the plan with Martin Russell coming in as our Gill.

I wanted something different and O'Donnell is different, hopefully he brings that winning mentality from Dundalk with him and we might see our players get fitter and more physical.

marinobohs
30/08/2019, 11:00 AM
That's the plan with Martin Russell coming in as our Gill.

I wanted something different and O'Donnell is different, hopefully he brings that winning mentality from Dundalk with him and we might see our players get fitter and more physical.

If his team plays anything like he did it will be a serious upgrade for Pats.
He has the players to mount a strong finish it will be interesting to see if it pans out.

Ezeikial
30/08/2019, 2:54 PM
Stephen O Donnell is a born winner. He would be like a breath of fresh air in Inchicore. Some current players may not survive if he does come in.

Its a very low risk \ high reward strategy to appoint him

sbgawa
30/08/2019, 3:05 PM
Garts and Robbie Benson to Pats ...you heard it here first.
Massey to Rovers

Ezeikial
30/08/2019, 3:14 PM
Massey to Rovers

Brian Gartland is under contract to 2020, but is probably a more likely mover than Robbie Benson if Dundalk sign Liam Scales or a top centre half. Same situation for Dane Massey if Dundalk signed Daragh Leahy or another higher standard left back

TonyD
30/08/2019, 8:33 PM
Massey to Rovers

Yes please to Benson (wouldn't expect Dundalk to let him go though). Gartland, not so much. Don't think we need him. O'Donnell would be a big punt alright. Being a top class player is no guarantee at all that he'd be a good manager. Certainly couldn't see him leaving Dundalk for a temporary position.

ToberonaTornado
31/08/2019, 1:06 AM
Former Dundalk FC captain — and current Lilywhites opposition analyst — Stephen O’Donnell is expected to be confirmed as the new manager of St Patrick’s Athletic over the weekend.

https://dundalksport.ie/dfc-odonnell-set-to-be-unveiled-as-new-st-patrick-s-athletic-manager-after-receiving-green-94a47d6f9586

Charlie Darwin
31/08/2019, 2:11 AM
Stephen O Donnell is a born winner.
So is Roy Keane. That said, I have no idea what O'Donnell would be like as a coach and I'd wish him the best as a Shamrock Rovers legend.

D24Saint
31/08/2019, 9:10 AM
So is Roy Keane. That said, I have no idea what O'Donnell would be like as a coach and I'd wish him the best as a Shamrock Rovers legend.

He hasn’t even got the job you have ruined it , I hope your happy Sir.

Ezeikial
31/08/2019, 9:34 AM

Slightly more measured and calm.

There is always a risk with a managerial appointment, but O'Donnell is an astute and intelligent person who relates very well to others

D24Saint
31/08/2019, 10:15 AM
The more I ponder the appointment the more upbeat I become. It’s a gamble but he brings a lot of experience from his playing days and I’m sure he will bring lots of passion and determination to the job. The one thing I love about the game is that there is always a fresh start around the corner.

oriel
31/08/2019, 11:00 AM
Brian Gartland is under contract to 2020, but is probably a more likely mover than Robbie Benson if Dundalk sign Liam Scales or a top centre half. Same situation for Dane Massey if Dundalk signed Daragh Leahy or another higher standard left back

Massey only signed a new contract last winter, I think up to end of 2020. Benson only does one year deals.