PDA

View Full Version : Irish Media

Gary
01/03/2002, 11:12 AM
Last night one of the headlines on Aertel was
Crowd trouble mars oriel park draw

When i went to the page all it said was the same as the headline and the score of the game. Now I know thugs shouldnt be given any attention, but the fact of the matter is this. Had there been crowd trouble at, say, Wolves Vs Shef Weds, it would be all over the news in Britain and Ireland. I

It was the same on TV3 news and RTE2 news, just barely mentioning the fact and then brushing it under the carpet.

pete
01/03/2002, 11:33 AM
I agree. Unfair to just leave the comment opne without quantifying the statement.

I think they all just got their info from one line of Aertel.

However iIf the league is to have any chance at attracting new people its no use just saying its much worse in England as we need a 'zero tolerance' approach these incidents.

Its hard to control people ouside grounds but theres no exzcuse for ;ack of peoper crowd control inside grounds.

Éanna
02/03/2002, 1:59 PM
according to eircomleague.net, supporters are normally allowed to bring drink into the game! Now, I'm very partial to a few jars in the horseshoe (or anywhere before an away game!) but that is totally ridiculous! Surely it amounts to drinking in public which is illegal anyway! That just shows how amateur clubs are holding the league back-this happens from time to time at the cross as well.

CUT IT OUT!