PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen would have been better move for Murph – Reynolds

A face
05/05/2005, 3:30 PM
Aberdeen would have been better move for Murph – Reynolds

Waterford United manager Alan Reynolds believes that a move to the Scottish Premier League with Aberdeen might have been more beneficial to striker Daryl Murphy, who is set to complete his switch to Premiership newcomers Sunderland before the weekend.

Sunderland and fellow Coca-Cola Championship high-fliers Ipswich Town have both been interested in the Republic of Ireland under-21 international for the past six months.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=17184)

fosterdollar
05/05/2005, 3:33 PM
what were the chi-ching$ involved?

Mad Moose
05/05/2005, 4:04 PM
I don't believe it would have been.Sure thats the top flight in Scotland and its one rubbish league. Richie Foran is plying his trade at Motherwell but the standard is terrible. I take the point that given Sunderland will be playing Premier division football next season it could be difficult for him to make it there. He may have been better going to a league one or league two (like Forest :confused: ) for a season.

Brendan

pete
05/05/2005, 5:29 PM
IMO €100k is cheap for Murphy but would be surprised if Aberdeen could afford him.

What other forwards would be in competition with at Sunderland?

Mad Moose
05/05/2005, 5:35 PM
What other forwards would be in competition with at Sunderland?

I imagine if Sunderland are headed back to the Premiership they will look at strenghtening the side.Mind it wouldn't be the first time a player from this league made an impact across the water. Maybe he will. I mind the time last season Eamon Zayed went to Crewe and under Dario Gradi I thought this was an excellent move for him and this would be the making of him. Never heard how it went though but obviously he's back.

Brendan

bluefan
17/05/2005, 12:42 AM
sorry to see him go , i agree with some points sunderland yes premier team will he get a look in, stuck on the bench. aberdeen no way. sorry to say its a third rate league. just look at the table. i agree with a team in the champtionship., i was at the rsc on friday evening steve coppell was there looking at liam kearney and kevin doyle,, who ithink if he gets to england , will play senior football for ireland. but dayrl maybe going to reading might be better for him. but its his call, i wish him the best of luck. thanks for the goals dayrl :o .

bluefan
17/05/2005, 12:46 AM
harpsbear i was talking to a bray fan, he said eamon zayed never really got a fair crack at it by the manager. which is a shame and a sham. taking him over and not giving him every chance to prove himself. its hard for him at bray , he dosent always get the service up front. :confused: