PDA

View Full Version : Istanbul

loscherland
03/05/2005, 10:59 PM
Have to go!

Was straight onto the net after to check flights... 900 quid! Mare. As far as I know, most of the resorts in Turkey are miles away from Istanbul so gettin a cheap package deal probably wont work. saw a price for 1 night 5 star hotel, transfers & match tickets for 1350!!!?
Any suggestions?

stojkovic
04/05/2005, 9:07 AM
Have to go!

Was straight onto the net after to check flights... 900 quid! Mare. As far as I know, most of the resorts in Turkey are miles away from Istanbul so gettin a cheap package deal probably wont work. saw a price for 1 night 5 star hotel, transfers & match tickets for 1350!!!?
Any suggestions?
US transport plane from Shannon-Istanbul-Iraq

anto1208
04/05/2005, 12:50 PM
you could try to get a cheap hol to a airport near istanbul i thinks thats in the middle of turkey and bus it to istanbul , i went to turkey for a week hotel plus flight for under 400 euro , that was to bodrum airport i booked with www.gohop.ie

be carefull istanbul is a dangerous spot for english soccer fans worse than italy

loscherland
04/05/2005, 2:11 PM
Yea well aware istanbul is dodgy! Which is why it'd probably be worth forking out the extra for a package with tickets & transfers tc.
Priced a package deal for Izmir for a week at €469 with a flight into istanbul for 1 night for the match (€140) - so that works out at €609 for 7 nights (Oh, and add 1 night accom in instanbul to that)... which isn't actually too bad. Getting a match ticket is the next problem... and then finding ur way to the stadium without being shot...

gspain
04/05/2005, 2:50 PM
Yea well aware istanbul is dodgy! Which is why it'd probably be worth forking out the extra for a package with tickets & transfers tc.
Priced a package deal for Izmir for a week at €469 with a flight into istanbul for 1 night for the match (€140) - so that works out at €609 for 7 nights (Oh, and add 1 night accom in instanbul to that)... which isn't actually too bad. Getting a match ticket is the next problem... and then finding ur way to the stadium without being shot...

Yes avoiding getting shot on this trip is a big worry but once you reach Dublin Airport you'll be safe until you get back there. :eek:

Book your package fast as others will be on to that soon. I'd suggest maybe a 2nd night in Istanbul if you don't have a match ticket to try and get one early.

Kicko
05/05/2005, 1:49 PM
€289........... return.......via amsterdam....
:D :D :D :D

razor
05/05/2005, 2:08 PM
€289........... return.......via amsterdam....
:D :D :D :D

reveal ur sources please, how long are you staying for ?

deadman
05/05/2005, 5:31 PM
abbey travel are doing a two night trip: €1,400 including match ticket ... think other places in town are waiting to see if they can get an allocation of tickets. €1,400's a little steep to guarantee a ticket

loscherland
05/05/2005, 10:39 PM
Celtic Horizon are doin 2 nights for 1600! Heard of another one for 1800 somewhere... Paid less to go to Korea

Closed Account 2
06/05/2005, 1:07 AM
Yea well aware istanbul is dodgy!

You should be fine, it can be dodgy going there in terms of football matches but as no Turkish team is involved I dont think there will be too much bother. Take a taxi to the Stadium tho, coz public transport isnt great, and I think that stadium (fairly new) is built way out in the back of beyond.

Also you know you'll have to pay an entry visa of around 30 Euros at the airport, its not much hassle but you'll need to have Turkish money ready at your point of entry - and theyve just altered the currency value (knocked a couple of 000s off the Turkish Lira so dont be suprised if the prices look different) old currency is still valid.

jockser
06/05/2005, 8:18 AM
we have 12 tickets for CL final so were all off to turkey for the best week of our lives :D :D :D

sorry i know im a gloating b****rd

Kicko
06/05/2005, 8:40 AM
reveal ur sources please, how long are you staying for ?
Sources being a little travel agents in the literally buzzing town of arklow.. Staying for 3 nights... :) :) :D

aidz1
06/05/2005, 10:26 AM
Booked yesterday (would have been cheaper on wed but was travelling back from pool that day)

a few of us are flying via cologne and ankara on the tuesday.
tough travelling but should be good. arrive 21:00 tues night.
return zombie like thurs morn to arrive in dub via same route thurs night.
€460 all in
ticket in bag via uefa site so looking forward to it.

4tothefloor
06/05/2005, 7:25 PM
Failed with my UEFA application, so have no choice but go with a package. I booked one for €1050 with APM Promotions as soon as I came back from Liverpool, but cancelled it again today when I realised the Itenary. Basically, the trip leaves Dublin airport at 5am on the morning of the game. You spend the entire day in Istanbul, with no accomodation to go to, and then return to Dublin after the game, leaving Istanbul in the small hours. By the time I'd get back to Limerick i'd have been travelling for 36+ hours on the trot. Fcuk that for a game of soldiers! If we win the cup I want to stick around for the atmosphere anyway.

So cancelled that today, and am now waiting on another company who haven't their package finalised yet, I travelled to the Chelsea game with them so should be ok. The Abbey Travel package is actually €1650 for two nights, which is too expensive. If I fail to get a suitable package, a load of us are just going to go to Liverpool for 3 days around the final. That's the next best thing.