UCD v Derry City
Cork City v Saint Pats Ath - 8pm - live on eir sports
Finn Harps v Bohemian FC - 8PM

First Division:

Athlone Town v Longford Town
Cabinteeley FC v Limerick FC
Galway United v Drogheda United
Wexford FC v Bray Wanderers

Cobh Ramblers v Shelbourne FC 7PM (SATURDAY)

Candystripe
02/08/2019, 8:18 PM
Derry go 2-1 up away to UCD after being 1 down. Connor Davis ex UCD scores with his 1st touch after coming on as a sub. Derry dominating.

Harps still 1 up v Bohs.

D24Saint
02/08/2019, 8:22 PM
Scintillating stuff in the cross :(

White Horse
02/08/2019, 8:31 PM
McNulty gets away with one there.

pineapple stu
02/08/2019, 8:35 PM
That's the end of that so...

Evidently our players are too good for this division

CorribsideSteve
02/08/2019, 8:48 PM
This Cork-Pats game is the Oireachtas Report of football matches. :sleeping:

White Horse
02/08/2019, 8:51 PM
Pick that one out!

McNulty should have done better though. Slow to react.

Ezeikial
02/08/2019, 8:52 PM
I don't know how Corkonians watch this drivel

CorribsideSteve
02/08/2019, 8:53 PM
Sweet finish!

pineapple stu
02/08/2019, 8:55 PM
Pats fans must be furious.

Kenny's led them to a decent position, but with football to gouge your eyes out to.

Deserves a contract extension if they get into Europe

White Horse
02/08/2019, 8:56 PM
I don't know how Corkonians watch this drivel

Less and less of them every week.

D24Saint
02/08/2019, 8:59 PM

Kenny's led them to a decent position, but with football to gouge your eyes out to.

Great strike to win it. I thought tonight proved the point that we are just less **** than those below us.

Ezeikial
02/08/2019, 8:59 PM
Can you imagine what a techical player like G Burke would do against these hoofers?

White Horse
02/08/2019, 9:02 PM
Great strike to win it. I thought tonight proved the point that we are just less **** than then those below us.

Pats kept trying to play, to be fair. Cork were just going through the motions.

The likes of McNulty and Sheppard are killing Cork.

sbgawa
02/08/2019, 9:06 PM
Pats could Nick 4th with a strong finish. After all the anti Harry stuff it would be some turnaround.

ToberonaTornado
02/08/2019, 9:09 PM
Highlights from an awful match at tx for me were -

.Hale's goal with McNulty all over the shop.

.McCormack getting smashed in the chops from a Clifford shot:D

Harps will catch that Cork side.Awful team,no passion in them attalll.

D24Saint
02/08/2019, 9:15 PM
Must be the worst Cork side for a very long time.

MattB11
02/08/2019, 9:24 PM
Better side tonight Bohs pretty toothless, great strike from Ascroft, that's 4 wins and a draw from 6 games since the break and 5 clean sheets

D24Saint
02/08/2019, 9:31 PM
I'd fancy Harps to catch Cork if it wasn't for the games in hand. It would be tough anyway, reckon them games give Cork enough opportunity to stay clear of trouble.

marinobohs
02/08/2019, 9:38 PM
Better side tonight Bohs pretty toothless, great strike from Ascroft, that's 4 wins and a draw from 6 games since the break and 5 clean sheets
Didn't make it to Donegal (that damn work habit) but pretty much how it looked through the grim online view I "enjoyed".
Yet again Bohs lack of even a hat stand up front threatens to screw up our season. Grim.
Fair dues to Harps, Lazarus like run of late when they honestly looked dead and buried given themselves a real chance of staying up or at worst a playoff

RathfarnhamHoop
02/08/2019, 10:06 PM
Can you imagine what a techical player like G Burke would do against these hoofers?

No need to imagine
https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=10160310251795858&_rdr

RathfarnhamHoop
02/08/2019, 10:08 PM
UCD were well in that game until Byrne went off. They missed him when he got injured

joey B
02/08/2019, 10:26 PM
4 wins and a draw since the break with 1 goal conceded in 6 games, can't argue with that form, we've really got it together at the back since the break, it's also helped that Waterford, Derry and Bohs tonight really struggled to create chances, tonight our keeper for all the possession Bohs had remained pretty much untested! #uth

oriel
02/08/2019, 10:40 PM
I honestly thought Cork would not be pulled into the relegation zone, but after tonight I'd be very worried for them. Although they got a very good result last time out v Rovers, their home form this season is shocking.

Losing can become a nasty habit and confidence must be almost rock bottom, this is an incredible rapid decline, even the very modest league winning Dundalk side of 1995 took 4 years to get relegated. That league winning side was an almost unbelievable win, if the season had gone on a week more we would have finished a deserved 3rd.

patrickccfc
02/08/2019, 10:46 PM
Can we just end the season now please. Sweet suffering christ it is horrible to watch. The decline is alarming.

Nesta99
02/08/2019, 11:04 PM
Momentum with Harps in a serious way. Games in hand are not points on the board and Cork dont look like making the games in hand count. Waterford were the same with 3 games in hand and didnt kick on up the table. Cotter is a Caulfield light manager - same tactics, same bizzare team selection, refuses to see the writing on the wall that real change is needed rather than hoping that they can play in to form. McNulty has lost his edge but in fairness the ball came through a player so could have been unsighted and not expecting the shot either. Its an ever decreasing circile for Cork, poor home form = less people going to games and its having a serious impact on finances. It will likely have to be a slow rebuild of a team with young players over a few seasons to get back in to a top 4 position. It's incredible the turnaround. If there was a walking away of investors or the like its understandible but this is a club that could well have won 2 or 3 leagues over the last number of seasons that were nip and tuck. The Seanie title might actually have been a sort of negative in the long run as it covered over the cracks for a bit too long and allowed the rot to get hold. There doesnt even seem to be the passion or fight in the players that you always associate with Cork teams regardless of quality or style.

Jack B
02/08/2019, 11:27 PM
I thought we were bad but jesus Cork are really, really bad. Same old for us in terms of a weird team selection, then playing well up until a point but failing to create anything at all, but Cork really did bring nothing to the table. Good stuff from Hale once he came on, hopefully he'll be able to offer something a bit different for us for the remainder of the season.

joey B
03/08/2019, 12:09 AM
Is the First division really dodgy or just really bad,can't make up my mind......

PartySaint
03/08/2019, 1:03 AM

That goal is the worst thing that could have happened to us, awful awful game and we’ve been like that all season.

Cork are dreadful.

Nesta99
03/08/2019, 1:12 AM
When do FORAS hold their AGM? To be a fly on the wall at that meeting....

El-Pietro
03/08/2019, 6:10 AM
When do FORAS hold their AGM? To be a fly on the wall at that meeting....

January/February. Had a GM recently. Might be another GM later in the year potentially.

Nesta99
03/08/2019, 6:18 AM
January/February. Had a GM recently. Might be another GM later in the year potentially.

I've been hearing that Cotter is by no means out the door in November and that the board are considering him for the full time job? I dont think he has a pro licence and any appointment cant be very underwhelming if the club want the crowds back. It is the most important appointment in Cork's history so Cotter would be a big risk if it was possible to give him the job. Didnt the ladies manager joing the coaching staff because he had a pro licence? Also out of interest do FORAS have any input to the appointment of a manager or is just left to the board after they are elected - can members call an EGM for ecample if there are question marks over finances, player recruitment policy etc?

placid casual
03/08/2019, 6:27 AM
Ye just get the feeling that dundalk fans on here are really revelling in corks demise.
They have unravelled alarmingly quickly, and are now in danger of falling through the trapdoor

Ezeikial
03/08/2019, 7:24 AM
Ye just get the feeling that dundalk fans on here are really revelling in corks demise.
They have unravelled alarmingly quickly, and are now in danger of falling through the trapdoor

When did you start to have feelings?

Have you seen a Doctor?

trevy
03/08/2019, 7:50 AM
Waterford still have games in hand. 2 are against Shamrock Rovers so hard to see us getting anything there and another is away to Cork City. No news yet when they will be played. Our next game in league is Cork at home in 2 weeks. That's a big one with a Finn Harps team in form only 4 points behind now.
I don't think fans of Waterford or Cork would have been expecting to be in this position at this stage of season.

Nesta99
03/08/2019, 8:04 AM

Discussing one of the most baffling turn arounds in a teams performances negatvely probably in my time watching LoI, consideration on how the downward cycle can be broken, Cork fans not happy with the board, whispers of financial diffiulty having played in Europe and with the largest attendances in the league - all quite normal for discussion on a LoI forum. Whats happening at Limerick, Bray, Athlone in recent seasons were all discussed without peple thinking there was an agenda so how is this any different. You re projecting PC!

Ezeikial
03/08/2019, 8:49 AM
Even if it was obvious for some time that Cork were unlikely to be title contenders this season, the extent of their demise is baffling.

The major beneficiary is Shamrock Rovers who have been catapulted from 3rd place also-rans to 2nd place also-rans

Dalymountrower
03/08/2019, 8:59 AM
Even if it was obvious for some time that Cork were unlikely to be title contenders this season, the extent of their demise is baffling.

The major beneficiary is Shamrock Rovers who have been catapulted from 3rd place also-rans to 2nd place also-rans
That Rovers team would be comfortably winning leagues if it wasn't for Dundalk. Nothing to do with Corks regression.

White Horse
03/08/2019, 9:34 AM

The ones I speak to aren't revelling, they are marvelling and stunned at the pace of the decline. Dundalk fans were initially chuffed that Cork fell down the table and are no longer rivals. However, that is old news, this is something new. People who have followed the LOI know that what can happen one club could happen to any club, we are all in the same boat.

Clubs do not usually go from being in the top two for five consecutive years, cup finalists for four consecutive years, and double winners two years ago to this. Also Cork have been the beneficiary of massive European money in this time, probably adding up to 2-3 million.

The rumours are that the cash is gone and they have no nest egg to get them out of their slump. They have players on long contracts who are crocked and past it and have an army of staff behind an unqualified "manager" who is out of his depth.

The scale of the mess is unprecedented. Other clubs have got in troubling by borrowing for success. However, Cork had everything going for them, big crowds, big European cash, success, transfer revenue, and they still screwed it up.

If a club can mess it up so badly given all those advantages, all other clubs should be very worried.

joey B
03/08/2019, 10:03 AM
Cabinteely against Cork next week looks a really interesting game,Cabo would fancy their chances....

nigel-harps1954
03/08/2019, 10:50 AM
Harps winner against Bohs was a bit of a cracker. Ascroft picked the ball up in midfield himself, played in the cross, and scored the winner. Not a bad minute of action from him.

Ezeikial
03/08/2019, 10:53 AM
That Rovers team would be comfortably winning leagues if it wasn't for Dundalk. Nothing to do with Corks regression.

It's difficult to know if you are taking about the past, present or the future, but there is little evidence to back up your view

Past

Rovers currently have 52 points from 26 matches - an average of 2.0 per match

That average points per match would have achieved maximum of 3rd place in any of the last 5 years since Cork became prominent in 2014

Present

Rovers are currently second - of course they would be top if it wasn't for Dundalk.

However Cork were well ahead of Rovers current 52 points total at this stage last year. Rovers current performance levels would have them in 3rd place last season.

Cork demise has opened the door for Rovers and has led to lots of hype and delusions about their performances

Future
Who knows - perhaps a lot depends on whether they retain the manager or not?

Shamrock Rovers have clearly improved and have added some more strength in recent signings, but have a distance to travel yet

NeverFeltBetter
03/08/2019, 11:20 AM
Limerick's first loss to Cabinteely last night. Is the season over yet?

D24Saint
03/08/2019, 11:58 AM
Harps winner against Bohs was a bit of a cracker. Ascroft picked the ball up in midfield himself, played in the cross, and scored the winner. Not a bad minute of action from him.

Bloody hell are they putting something different in the football special up there, that is a cracking goal.

Nesta99
03/08/2019, 12:56 PM
If Harps escape relegation Ollie Horgan might get a call from a panicking owner in the EPL in January to save them from relegation ;)

Goes to show what consistant hard work can achieve and how things can come together. Obviously still a way to go but I dont think Harps fans can ask much more than givE themselves a chance to stay up. Assuming UCD are relegated fixtures in the run in suit Harps even if its just that Cork have Dundalk and Rovers in their last 2 fixtures so on the form guide getting within 5/6 points and staying there to the very end could see a very dramatic relegation play-off place battle. I dont think either would lose the play-off when the chips are down but as things are right now Harps being on the upward curve and Cork at best plateaued Harps would be the more positive even with Horgan's merchant of doom act. A lot of football still to be played at both ends of the table!

joey B
03/08/2019, 1:28 PM
It can still all turn very quickly and I wouldn't rule out UCD yet,they still have a game in hand on us one good result for them,which they're capable of and its back in the mixer,one thing we do have in our favour is we still have UCD and Waterford to come to Finn Park,it'll certainly be an intriguing end to the season.

pineapple stu
03/08/2019, 1:32 PM
Problem for us is we've only three home games left of nine, and have only one away point all season.

Could have been so much different of course not just if we'd not lost players (Farrugia particularly annoying as he's still in college, but also O'Neill, Davis and Molloy), but also injuries and suspensions haven't helped. Josh Collins, Seán MacDonald, Evan Osam, Kearns of course - they've all missed a lot of games, and we just don't have the squad for that. And even when we didn't lose a player - Scales - we've still gotten messed around.

Obviously there's a long way to go yet and it's only a few weeks since we beat Harps to put daylight the other way, so things can change. But if nothing else, we've another 8 scholarship players coming in shortly and worst case scenario is we should be challenging for the First Division title next season. And obviously fair dues to Harps if they can reach the play-offs - or even stay up - even though I do think Horgan is an absolute blight on the league. :)

ger121
03/08/2019, 2:45 PM
I think I’ll be putting the passport away for now. We have been rubbish of late and if we are not careful we could be out of Top 4 altogether.

disgruntled
03/08/2019, 3:09 PM
I honestly thought Cork would not be pulled into the relegation zone, but after tonight I'd be very worried for them. Although they got a very good result last time out v Rovers, their home form this season is shocking.

Losing can become a nasty habit and confidence must be almost rock bottom, this is an incredible rapid decline, even the very modest league winning Dundalk side of 1995 took 4 years to get relegated. That league winning side was an almost unbelievable win, if the season had gone on a week more we would have finished a deserved 3rd.

We.re not being pulled, we're going of our own free will :rolleyes:
At the moment we're praying for Harps to return to form & stop winning ;)

That goal is the worst thing that could have happened to us, awful awful game and we’ve been like that all season.

Cork are dreadful.

That was one God awful game.
Pats were as bad as us but at least they tried to play & managed to hold onto the ball.
Highlight of the night was Clifford getting booked for diving :rolleyes:
Clarke must have thought he was in the back garden playing with kids so little had he to do.
I can't wait for this season to end.

patrickccfc
03/08/2019, 8:09 PM
Cobh get a late late winner to beat shels 1-0