PDA

View Full Version : Rico's comments. Shels are scum.

Colm
03/05/2005, 2:01 PM
Rico is quoted in todays Irish Times as describing both Shels and the match officials as "a disgrace" and goes on to say that "they were intimadated here at half time by people waiting for them..... that's what happened".

Now, last June when we played Shels Pat Dolan made almost identical accusations and a lot of people dismissed it.
A second successive Cork City manager has now come out and made the same very serious allegation. Will people now open their eyes??

Shelbourne officals are intimadating match officials and getting them to give decisions in their favour. They are a disgrace. Did anyone else see Ollie Byrne standing behind the goal and making w*nker gestures at the City fans when the linesman flagged for the goal?

Shels are rotten from the Chairman down and are getting away with all kinds of skullduggery. Pat Dolan spoke out against it and was willing to try to stand up to this crap. Rico to a lesser extent seems to be speaking out now too.
However, we need people from our club (other than the manager)to speak out at length against it, to fight our corner so that this criminal behaviour is stopped. Ollie Byrne makes sure Shels always get their own way. Who is going to step up to the mantle and battle for the Rebel Army cause? Do we have people within our club who care enough to try and stop this? If we do, they must make a stand now.

patsh
03/05/2005, 2:11 PM
If we do, they must make a stand now.
What can the club do?
I doubt if Rico has any concrete proof of anything, just the same feeling that most other el fans get up in that sh*thole.
I doubt if the FAI or eL will tkae any notice of that.:(

pete
03/05/2005, 2:39 PM
Need more proof than Rico suggesting.

Didn't see Ollies "jestures" from behind the goal. was it noticable on tv?

Colm
03/05/2005, 2:43 PM
Didn't see Ollies "jestures" from behind the goal. was it noticable on tv?

Don't know if it showed up on TV but Eanna had pointed out Ollie Byrne to a few of us just before the "goal" so when the linesman gave it I immediately looked over at Ollie and he was giving it loads in the direction of the City fans. Surely a few more people must have seen this??

EnDai
03/05/2005, 2:52 PM
So what now? There were a group of Shels officials in the tunnel harassing the officials as they walked in, with the 22 players, substitutes, coaches, physios etc, and only Rico saw it, and allowed it to continue? :eek:

patsh
03/05/2005, 4:18 PM
:eek:
Shels are sh*tting it....
they are cracking lads, come in $hels your time is up......

EnDai
03/05/2005, 4:20 PM
Is it painful having your head that far up your ass? I mean for the most part, people are discussing things, you're just being an idiot.

patsh
03/05/2005, 4:27 PM
blah....blah....blah.....
me ould segosha, how were de tenements in de rare oul times......

Éanna
03/05/2005, 4:33 PM
Don't know if it showed up on TV but Eanna had pointed out Ollie Byrne to a few of us just before the "goal" so when the linesman gave it I immediately looked over at Ollie and he was giving it loads in the direction of the City fans. Surely a few more people must have seen this??
yeah, he was there alright. presumanly waving cash at the linesman just in case he'd forgotten their little arrangement.

fella
03/05/2005, 4:50 PM
Colm/Eanna,
I heard a few guys pointing out a fat fella in a baseball cap behind the goal as Ollie Bryne alright - although he did look like him (and did make those gestures after the goal) surely it couldn't have been him ?? Why would he be standing in the open behind the goal instead of being in the warmth of a cushioned seat in the directors area of the stand ??

If it was him then he is an absolute disgrace (nothing new there !!) and I 'd be interested to hear the views of some of the more reasonable Shels fans here on his behaviour.

Éanna
03/05/2005, 5:34 PM
Colm/Eanna,
I heard a few guys pointing out a fat fella in a baseball cap behind the goal as Ollie Bryne alright - although he did look like him (and did make those gestures after the goal) surely it couldn't have been him ?? Why would he be standing in the open behind the goal instead of being in the warmth of a cushioned seat in the directors area of the stand ??
he wasn't wearing a cap. definitely him though(or his idnetical twin). he wasn't there long though

IIf it was him then he is an absolute disgrace (nothing new there !!) and I 'd be interested to hear the views of some of the more reasonable Shels fans here on his behaviour.
they probably won't try to justify it, as shels fans know what he's like and in fairness, its not their fault he's scum

A face
03/05/2005, 5:46 PM
he wasn't there long though

Who ... him or the twin ?? :confused:

:p

Anto McC
03/05/2005, 7:18 PM
I doubt it was him but if it was and he did make those gestures then it is a digrace.I know how much you all wanted me to come on here and try and justify his actions with your use of reverse psychology but we see things for what there are.I'd be interested to hear the veiws of some of the more reasonable Cork fans on here about Some of their fans behaviour on this site.

Éanna
03/05/2005, 7:37 PM
I doubt it was him but if it was and he did make those gestures then it is a digrace.I know how much you all wanted me to come on here and try and justify his actions with your use of reverse psychology but we see things for what there are.I'd be interested to hear the veiws of some of the more reasonable Cork fans on here about Some of their fans behaviour on this site.
In fairness to you D2 Red, and to the other shels lads who post here, you are very reasonable- as I said, I didn't expect Shels fans to justify Ollie's behaviour. Like I said on the Shels board, I think its a terrible pity that Shels as a club are not more representative of their fans, because any Shels fans I've ever met have been decent, reasonable and straight-talking people. Its very unfortunate therefore that your club is run by a crook and staffed by thugs. I'm not for a moment making this a personal thing against shels fans, it isn't, never has been.

Colm
03/05/2005, 7:45 PM
Colm/Eanna,

If it was him then he is an absolute disgrace (nothing new there !!) and I 'd be interested to hear the views of some of the more reasonable Shels fans here on his behaviour.

It was definately him, I'm 100% certain of that.

Ollie does these type of things on a regular basis. He's a dirty scumbag and has a history of incidents with opposition fans.

Éanna
03/05/2005, 7:50 PM
Ollie does these type of things on a regular basis. He's a dirty scumbag and has a history of incidents with opposition fans.
and you'd know all about that ;) I've no doubt it was him

Colm
03/05/2005, 8:11 PM
and you'd know all about that ;)

Yeah me and Ollie go way back! ;)
We're good old pals! :D

pete
03/05/2005, 9:06 PM
Like I said on the Shels board, I think its a terrible pity that Shels as a club are not more representative of their fans, because any Shels fans I've ever met have been decent, reasonable and straight-talking people. Its very unfortunate therefore that your club is run by a crook and staffed by thugs.

Classic. Compliment & Insult in 2 sentences.

:)

Éanna
03/05/2005, 9:17 PM
Classic. Compliment & Insult in 2 sentences.

:)
and I mean every word of it. I've met a number of the lads from Briogáid Dearg as well as other shels fans, and have found them to be thoroughly decent people.

The Sheliban
04/05/2005, 5:50 AM
Rico's comments were made in the immediate aftermath of the game, and even he has been known to lose the plot from time to time. I would be interested to hear what he means by "harassment" - people bursting into the ref's dressing room a la Rijkaard? Or someone waiting in the tunnel for the ref to come along, and saying "how come you missed those two blatant handballs in the Cork area?"
Because these allegations are so serious, Rico would need to explain further. Put up or shut up.
ps We all admired Dolan's passion for his clubs. We also know he's a liar.

pps Ollie was in the main stand for the entire game.

paudie
04/05/2005, 9:01 AM
I would be interested to hear what he means by "harassment" - people bursting into the ref's dressing room a la Rijkaard? Or someone waiting in the tunnel for the ref to come along, and saying "how come you missed those two blatant handballs in the Cork area?"

I would consider a prominent Shels official "waiting in the tunnel for the ref to come along and saying how come you missed those blatant handballs in the Cork area" to be nothing other than harassment of the officials.

what else could you call it?

niamh
04/05/2005, 11:06 AM
I would consider a prominent Shels official "waiting in the tunnel for the ref to come along and saying how come you missed those blatant handballs in the Cork area" to be nothing other than harassment of the officials.

The tournament comment are now to investigate Rico's comments. Ports manager Ronnie McFall has also said the decision was wrong.

Colm
04/05/2005, 11:49 AM
ps We all admired Dolan's passion for his clubs. We also know he's a liar.

Everything he ever said about Shelbourne was always true.
I always knew it was the truth but now that Rico is saying the same it should confirm it form anyone who had any doubts.

And you have the nerve to call Dolan a liar!!
Listen junkie, I clearly saw Ollie standing behind the goal and making w*nker gestures at the City fans. Eanna has also stated he saw him and I know at least another 10 people who are sure he was there.

But sure we must all be lying and Ollie was in fact sitting in the main stand sipping tea and handing out flowers to any City fans that passed by! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tiktok
04/05/2005, 12:12 PM

I don't really want to get involved in this, but he was pointed out to me standing slightly to the right of Devine's goal in the second half.

I know his face well enough to be sure it was him, even from that distance.
If it wasn't, his doppelganger's hanging around Tolka

Éanna
04/05/2005, 1:35 PM

Its par for the course at Shels. They are bullies- nothing more, nothing less. They've been at it for years. Referees have a difficult enough job without the likes of the poison dwarf and his red-faced assistant chasing them around the place :rolleyes: Not to mention Ollie "warned as to his future conduct (AGAIN)" Byrne :rolleyes:

I don't really want to get involved in this, but he was pointed out to me standing slightly to the right of Devine's goal in the second half.

I know his face well enough to be sure it was him, even from that distance.
If it wasn't, his doppelganger's hanging around Tolka
Likewise. Ollie can stand wherever he likes as far as I'm concerned. He could sit on the roof of that stand if he wants to, but gesturing at opposition fans is not what you expect from a club official......oh wait, its ollie, isn't it :rolleyes:

higgins
04/05/2005, 3:33 PM
I suppose all you cork lads are on here in another thread calling Georgie a scumbag for giving Shels fans the w**ker gesture when coming out for the second half? ....

Or is he allowed do that :mad:

tiktok
04/05/2005, 3:39 PM
I suppose all you cork lads are on here in another thread calling Georgie a scumbag for giving Shels fans the w**ker gesture when coming out for the second half? ....

First I've heard of it.
Of course he shouldn't do that :rolleyes:

Colm
04/05/2005, 3:57 PM

Yes, Georgie is allowed to do whatever he wants when we are playing Shels.

Slash/ED
04/05/2005, 5:03 PM
Yes, Georgie is allowed to do whatever he wants when we are playing Shels.

Good, 'cos Ollies allowed do whatever he wants no matter who were playing.

Éanna
04/05/2005, 5:16 PM

First I've heard of it. He should know better than to do something like that really.

patsh
04/05/2005, 6:23 PM
DON'T BELIEVE THE JACKEEN NONSENSE, lads
$hels ARE SH*TTING IT.......:D

Gareth
04/05/2005, 6:50 PM
Grow up. Never have I seen such bad losers. Patsh your a total moron. Your posts are utterly immature. As for the rest of this thread, its what I generally see after a Shels Cork match as Cork people needing an avenue to vent there lack of ability to deal with losing. Cop on.

Colie
04/05/2005, 6:57 PM
Rico is quoted in todays Irish Times as describing both Shels and the match officials as "a disgrace" and goes on to say that "they were intimadated here at half time by people waiting for them..... that's what happened".

Is this the same man that reckons UCD don't belong in the league. The guy is a sore loser (or drawer) & is trying to talk his way out. I don't give any creedence to his words after his digraceful outburst after the College game in Turners Cross.

pete
04/05/2005, 9:36 PM
Ollie isn't your usual Chairman sitting in the main stand for all the game. He has gone in to the middle of opposition fans before & assaulted them so he does tend to get around a bit.

BTW was very nice to Rovers official come over to the away fans section last week in Dalymount to enquire if any trouble with the junkies who were thrown out.

The Sheliban
04/05/2005, 9:40 PM
No Ollie definitely isn't your usual chairman.

He isn't Shels' chairman either.

Gareth
04/05/2005, 9:42 PM
Ollie Byrne = Not The Chairman

When will people realise this!!! I was sitting beside the Director's area and I could of sworn that Ollie was sitting there the entire game?? (barring half time)

Éanna
04/05/2005, 9:47 PM
I was sitting beside the Director's area and I could of sworn that Ollie was sitting there the entire game?? (barring half time)
Easy mistake to make, considering nobody ever hears anything from your actual chairman. Anyway, "convict chief executive" would be much harder to chant! :)

I was sitting beside the Director's area and I could of sworn that Ollie was sitting there the entire game?? (barring half time)
Well I noticed him in the Ballybough End just at the start of the second half..................