PDA

View Full Version : Alan Hunter Saves The Fans! (Again!)

republic
03/05/2005, 9:54 AM
Great news!! :D :D

One of the rags on Sunday (News Of The World?) contained a report which indicated that Irish supporters travelling to the Faroes faced the prospect of a Guinness-free trip. Apparently, Guinness is not sold in the Faroes. However, our hero Alan Hunter has saved the day.

Hunter was quoted saying that he was organising a "major airlift" of Guinness to the Faroes in order to keep the supporters happy.

Where would we be without this man?

Stuttgart88
03/05/2005, 11:14 AM
So Irish people can't adapt to foreign customs? Not a good indictment.

If I was going, I'd actually be looking forward to local beer, local food, local customs...

pete
03/05/2005, 11:51 AM
Well done Alan Hunter for daving the day again. Don't know how irish people could survive without Guinness. Wish i could shake his hand to thank him.

Babysis
03/05/2005, 11:54 AM
So Irish people can't adapt to foreign customs? Not a good indictment.

If I was going, I'd actually be looking forward to local beer, local food, local customs...

You wouldnt be saying that after a week of whale blubber and Puffin pie :eek: To be fair, an added bonus of trips like this is to take in the local culture as much as possible IMO. i dont drink guiness anyway, so Im not bothered. If they were to run out of Vodka now, that would be a different story :D

lopez
03/05/2005, 2:32 PM
Alan Hunter? Is he still banging his fists? He's like the Irish equivalent of Jodie Marsh. Constantly seeking publicity. :mad: Is there an Irish version of 'Celebrity (sic.) wrestling (sic.)' or 'I'm a nobody; Get me a TV career'? Put the w*nker in it.