View Full Version : Today FM - listen now 5.20pm

James
28/02/2002, 4:14 PM
john delaney, treasurer of FAI
talking about the "truth" of the proposed UEFA championships hosting debacle

wonder is eamo going to suck up to him

pete
28/02/2002, 5:02 PM
Dumpy is carry a gripe over the FAI fort last 20-30 years.

If he gets a chance to embarish them I doubt he resisted it?

Pablo
28/02/2002, 5:02 PM
well fill us far flung peeps what was said.......

James
28/02/2002, 5:11 PM
ok he built it up at the start of the show to be a big piece hence my posting..but in the end twas complete pants..

dunphy gave your man the opportunity for a 10 min the fai is great speech.. then took an ad break.

no really debate..twas dissapointing..basically delaney said the fai were in place to take on the responsibilty of co hosting it with scotland.. and he said that the portugese hadnt all thier staiums built when they got accepted so that should follow for us also..

he said they had had a number of meetings with their scottish equivalents..which had gone well..bullchit bullchit

then he just listed the others in competition for the hosting

Rival Bids
1: Scandanavia - Sweden/Norway/Denmark/Finland, which he doesnt rate seeing as Sweden hosted in 92 and also because then all 4 would have to automatically qualify..thus leaving only 12 other places

2: Croatia/Poland he didnt rate the bid

3: Switzerland/Austria .. in delanys opinon the main rivals to the ireland/ scotland bid

complete loads of pants as i said :D

pete
28/02/2002, 5:28 PM
What about Greece-Turkey, Hungary, Switzerland-Austria or even Bosnia-Croatia?

I have yet to hear why the FAI & Ireland want to host euro2008. Portugal got because an opportunity to regenerate football there + a lot of support from their govt & think uefa keen to go for single country then.

Bosnia-Croatia (fighting each a decade ago) or more importantly Turkey-Greece are very interesting options.

The FAI will have to think of a reason for hosting or they haven't a hope.