PDA

View Full Version : Fixtures 19/20 July

joey B
19/07/2019, 1:14 PM
Derry City Football Club V Sligo Rovers F.C.

Waterford FC V Finn Harps FC

Athlone Town AFC Official V Shelbourne Football Club

Cabinteely F.C. V Longford Town Football Club

Limerick Football Club. V Drogheda United F.C.

Galway United F.C. V Bray Wanderers

Saturday 20th:

Cobh Rambler's v Wexford

Sunday 21st:

Bohemians v St Patrick's athletic
Shamrock Rovers v UCD

After all that European nonsense Eir Sport will show Waterford v Harps tonight!!

Really desperate for some kind of result down there but I don't see it, I think Eir will finally get some league goals but not in the net I want!!

Nah Nah Nah Nah
19/07/2019, 7:10 PM
Complete joke in the brandywell as 25 minutes after kick off Derry find the key to turn on the floodlights

redarmyfaction
19/07/2019, 7:38 PM
Complete joke in the brandywell as 25 minutes after kick off Derry find the key to turn on the floodlights

Couldn't find the prepay power card it says on Candystripe twitter

Nesta99
19/07/2019, 7:59 PM
Couldn't find the prepay power card it says on Candystripe twitter

You are joking??? Another greatestleaguein the world moment?

pineapple stu
19/07/2019, 8:08 PM
Is anything at all happening in Waterford?

Nah Nah Nah Nah
19/07/2019, 8:21 PM
And then the announcer started making a load of “funny” comments over the PA while giving no indication of how long the delay was going to be

Derry better team so far here although we’ve had a couple of chances. They seem hell bent on breaking a record for most crosses in a game.

ToberonaTornado
19/07/2019, 8:27 PM
Is anything at all happening in Waterford?

A lot of" LADS LADS LADS LADS LADS LADS LADS" :D

Harps looking more likely although Waterford have the vast % of the ball.

ToberonaTornado
19/07/2019, 8:38 PM
1-0 Harps
pen Mikey Place

pineapple stu
19/07/2019, 8:41 PM
Hmm.

Could Waterford get dragged into things at the bottom? Seemed absurdly unlikely a couple of weeks ago

Nesta99
19/07/2019, 9:14 PM
Games v points on the board - Cork looked vulnerable but have steadied the ship, Waterford are in a bit of a freefall. Just the one game in hand now and they dont look like they can make games in hand count. Losing Hery is a big blow. Not sure O'Connor will be an answer for badly needed goals.

joey B
19/07/2019, 9:18 PM
Waterford all the ball but hadn't a clue what to do with it,one thing we do have is experience and that helped us tonight,Raff and Harkin were good and we probably had the better chances albeit it took a fantastic save from McGinley to get us over the line,it tightens it up again now, should be an interesting run in!

Candystripe
19/07/2019, 9:51 PM

It was someone not familiar with the floodlights that turned them on tonight. Apparently the switches are supposed to have a 5 second gap as each one is turned on.

On a side note, the sunset in Derry tonight was at 9.54pm. The game would have been over 20 mins before that.

joey B
19/07/2019, 10:22 PM
Did Alan Reynolds step down?

Nah Nah Nah Nah
19/07/2019, 10:42 PM
Obviously the floodlights faults but deservedly beaten by 3. Derry are a fine side and Devine has done a great job there. They even took pity on us and took Junior off with 15 minutes to go. He was superb. Soccer Republic should make sure they show all the passes that were involved for the third goal.

We are ****e.

trevy
20/07/2019, 6:19 AM
Only 1 point from last 5 games so we're getting a bit nervous now. UCD v Waterford next Friday is an important game now. We were very poor last night again. Hope Elbouzedi is back soon to add some pace and movement to attack. There were rumours on Facebook of Reynolds stepping down to be replaced by John Caulfield who was at the game last night but that could be nonsense.

sidewayspasser
20/07/2019, 8:29 AM
Wouldn't Caulfield be a bit of a hard sell to Waterford fans considering past incidents?

Nesta99
20/07/2019, 11:22 AM
Sounds like a complete wind up even by LoI standards!

Devine has built two nice footballing Derry sides. I still cant get the head around why he was sacked first time around. Free scoring Derry and just fell off in the run in - hardly a sackable offence and to be replaced with a chap who oversaw the worst Derry side I have ever watched!?

marinobohs
20/07/2019, 2:03 PM
Wouldn't Caulfield be a bit of a hard sell to Waterford fans considering past incidents?

Wouldn't Caulfield be a bit of a hard sell to ANY club's fans ?

brendy_éire
21/07/2019, 2:48 PM
They even took pity on us and took Junior off with 15 minutes to go. He was superb.

Junior had a great game.

Sligo were very poor defensively, but actually looked alright going forward. By half time, I was fairly sure they'd score at some point.
Could have been a different story too if Parkes had scored his chance in the first half.

marinobohs
21/07/2019, 4:22 PM
FT Bohs 3 Pats 0. Awful game that won’t live in the memory. Bohs were poor to be honest but Pats little short of a disgrace. No wonder most Pats fans were gone long before the FT whistle. Great win for Bohs and much needed 3 points after the UCD debacle.
Sorry to say but Kenny on borrowed time. Pats are getting worse each time I see them.

Jack B
21/07/2019, 4:27 PM
Absolutely bizarre game that. Don't think it's bias to say that Pats were the better side on balance but...who cares. Kenny is completely incapable of setting up a team to create chances so we were ********ed once Bohs nicked the lead through an error from Clarkey. Drennan forced a great save from Talbot at 0-0 but outside of that just the usual huffing and puffing, oh and ANOTHER mid-game formation change that once again worked in the opposition's favour. Nice one Harry, now please leave.

Northsider
21/07/2019, 4:59 PM
Pat's were the better team, Bohs extremely sloppy at the back and quite miraculous we kept a clean sheet. Lads can moan and howl about Harry Kenny all they like but there's not much he can do when his team missed sitters like that Pats player did just before Bohs peno. The peno decision itself looked very very harsh.

But a 3-0 win is just the tonic after a tricky week, 8 point gap to Pats now is a decent cushion. Good to see Ryan Swan bag a couple of goals too.

D24Saint
21/07/2019, 5:20 PM
Amazing to see the gulf that has emerged between the top four and the rest this season.

pineapple stu
21/07/2019, 5:27 PM
Well that was a shambles. Never seen a team with so many one-on-ones before.

Though I guess I'd take 7 points from 3 games and 7-0 andi the fourth.

Still, happy 30000th post... :(

sbgawa
21/07/2019, 5:29 PM
Jack Byrne playing with a cigar in his mouth again, he seems to be getting better, great to c greener getting a couple of goals and Cummins getting off the mark.
Shouldn't have taken to much out of the lads in advance of Europe. Finn got a day off which after all the pressing he did on Thursday he more than deserved.

sbgawa
21/07/2019, 5:30 PM
Well that was a shambles. Never seen a team with so many one-on-ones before.

Though I guess I'd take 7 points from 3 games and 7-0 andi the fourth.

Still, happy 30000th post... :(

30000 posts ....Well done.

Ezeikial
21/07/2019, 5:58 PM
Big result for Rovers with the added confidence of getting a load of goals. Heck, even Graham Cummins got one!

RathfarnhamHoop
21/07/2019, 7:36 PM
Felt sorry for the UCD players watching that, huge blocks of time where a UCD player didn't touch the ball nevermind have full possession of it. The possession stat must have been at least 70-30 to Rovers. Jack Byrne was unbelievable once again as was Sean Kavanagh.

RathfarnhamHoop
21/07/2019, 7:48 PM
Didn't know Marino wrote the Bohs official match previews

"Mandroiu will instead serve that suspension today alongside skipper Derek Pender, who received a ban for his part in the unnecessary post-match scuffles, which were initiated by UCD goalkeeper Conor Kearns goading and deliberately inciting Bohs fans."

https://bohemianfc.com/?cat=5

pineapple stu
21/07/2019, 7:51 PM
Felt sorry for the UCD players watching that, huge blocks of time where a UCD player didn't touch the ball nevermind have full possession of it. The possession stat must have been at least 70-30 to Rovers. Jack Byrne was unbelievable once again as was Sean Kavanagh.
Brought it on ourselves really. Lost possession too easily and couldn't keep pace at the back. Rovers scored when they wanted really

RathfarnhamHoop
21/07/2019, 8:01 PM
Brought it on ourselves really. Lost possession too easily and couldn't keep pace at the back. Rovers scored when they wanted really

Yeah some moments where ucd showed what they can do with the ball but only we'll after Rovers had stopped trying.

Good to see Osam do the warmup though even if he's not ready to be in the squad yet.

seand
21/07/2019, 8:16 PM
Imagine losing 7-0 at Shamrock Rovers.... unthinkable

marinobohs
21/07/2019, 9:10 PM

"Mandroiu will instead serve that suspension today alongside skipper Derek Pender, who received a ban for his part in the unnecessary post-match scuffles, which were initiated by UCD goalkeeper Conor Kearns goading and deliberately inciting Bohs fans."

Yea, everyone is wrong except you 😁 and they are all laughing WITH you not AT you.

marinobohs
21/07/2019, 9:14 PM
Absolutely bizarre game that. Don't think it's bias to say that Pats were the better side on balance but...who cares. Kenny is completely incapable of setting up a team to create chances so we were ********ed once Bohs nicked the lead through an error from Clarkey. Drennan forced a great save from Talbot at 0-0 but outside of that just the usual huffing and puffing, oh and ANOTHER mid-game formation change that once again worked in the opposition's favour. Nice one Harry, now please leave.

Wouldn't argue Pats had more of the ball but they looked clueless. Hoofing the ball is not creativity and honestly the players you have are capable of much much better.

I have often said Kenny deserved more time but its getting more difficult to say every time I see Pats. And for the record Bohs were very very poor today just made less basic errors

PartySaint
22/07/2019, 8:54 AM
Wouldn't argue Pats had more of the ball but they looked clueless. Hoofing the ball is not creativity and honestly the players you have are capable of much much better.

It's been like that all season, we've had a lot of games where we look the better side without actually creating anything and then we go 1 down and it's game over.

He has to go now, we could still get a decent run at the Cup with a new manager.

Are Bohs getting a points deduction for the Mandriou thing? Only heard about it briefly in Sweden but haven't been checking the news on it.

Dalymountrower
22/07/2019, 9:15 AM
It's been like that all season, we've had a lot of games where we look the better side without actually creating anything and then we go 1 down and it's game over.

He has to go now, we could still get a decent run at the Cup with a new manager.

Are Bohs getting a points deduction for the Mandriou thing? Only heard about it briefly in Sweden but haven't been checking the news on it.
Middle third Pats are fine.Final ball is awful though.It was a really poor game..Bohs flattered by the win and the margin.
Probably the smallest Pats support I have seen in recent years.About 2, 500 at the game.Another couple of hundred stayed in the bars to watch the golf
A fine and three nil awarded to UCD, Pender suspended, Mandriou ban extended to include Pats game.Heard that was the extent of the penalty

PartySaint
22/07/2019, 9:30 AM
Pender suspended, Mandriou ban extended to include Pats game.Heard that was the extent of the penalty

Pats going to wait and see how many points Bohs finish ahead of us and then write to the FAI asking for a points deduction.

wexfordned
22/07/2019, 9:49 AM

Wasn't really necessary and Bohs should be above that. Thankfully they didn't have someone write an article for the program to review the incident and post match UCD player comments. That would have been really embarrassing

marinobohs
22/07/2019, 10:49 AM
Wasn't really necessary and Bohs should be above that. Thankfully they didn't have someone write an article for the program to review the incident and post match UCD player comments. That would have been really embarrassing

Emm maybe read the club Presidents note in the aforementioned programme, issue was dealt with.

marinobohs
22/07/2019, 10:55 AM
Pats going to wait and see how many points Bohs finish ahead of us and then write to the FAI asking for a points deduction.

Probably too late for Pats to get rid of Kenny this season but suspect a serious consideration will be made with regard to next season. I just cant see a team pattern/ shape at all with Pats, lot of decent players but no cohesion which is down to the management team. Bohs are more limited quality wise but have a clear direction in how they want to play. That, yesterday, was the difference between the sides (although 3-0 was ridiculously flattering to Bohs).

desaintsno.12
22/07/2019, 11:15 AM
... I just cant see a team pattern/ shape at all with Pats, lot of decent players but no cohesion ....

There is NONE. Never has been, never will be, thats been the issue. Kenny is a god awful manger, worst i have seen at the club, absolute spoofer.

Ashbohs
22/07/2019, 11:18 AM
There is NONE. Never has been, never will be, thats been the issue. Kenny is a god awful manger, worst i have seen at the club, absolute spoofer.

Pat's should have gone after Stephen Henderson if you ask me . Very experienced with a good knowledge of youth players. Harry Kenny was a very poor choice

PartySaint
22/07/2019, 11:22 AM
Pat's should have gone after Stephen Henderson if you ask me . Very experienced with a good knowledge of youth players. Harry Kenny was a very poor choice

Never hire a manager with a Twitter account.

Ashbohs
22/07/2019, 11:26 AM
Never hire a manager with a Twitter account.

That being said he is fairly bang on with his opinions on Irish football. Roddy isn't on twitter so there you go 🙈

desaintsno.12
22/07/2019, 11:48 AM
i'd nearly take the rodster for the crack for the rest of the season whilst we find a real manager. Harry has destroyed the season anyway.