PDA

View Full Version : Down's glory days are returning!

Green Tribe
01/05/2005, 3:39 PM
Looking good for the young ones! Good for the future, great to beat Dublin :D and look forward to facing Galway (eire06 watch out! :D ) in the final!

Down once had a super team, hope to see something of that in the near future again. :D

Up Down! (http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=6269)

Colie
01/05/2005, 7:48 PM
And we were so good in the first half against the Lillywhites & all. Where have all our hardmen of old gone, we're not able for you nordies anymore! :rolleyes: Cullen is tough & O'Mahony hard but it's just not enough. Roll on the senior championship.

Green Tribe
01/05/2005, 10:18 PM
And we were so good in the first half against the Lillywhites & all. Where have all our hardmen of old gone, we're not able for you nordies anymore! :rolleyes: Cullen is tough & O'Mahony hard but it's just not enough. Roll on the senior championship.

:eek: :D :D Dream on with the senior crew!! :D

ollie
01/05/2005, 10:36 PM
down will have some job in containing the terrible twins of meahan and armstrong.15 points between them against a makeshift cork defence.they were unstopable.apart from them 2 they have no other forwards(with those2u hardly would) and no one who really shines in the rest of the team.
cork could have and should have beaten galway but a combination of poor shooting and bad luck cost us.

EDIT:watch out for cork next year in this grade.most of their players form this years team are under age again next year. ken o'halloran(gk), frank tobin(cornerb), steve o'donoghue(crnrb), kevin o'halloran(fb). eoin cadogan(wb) michael shields(wb or centerb), alan o'connor(mf),pa kelly(mf), fintan gould(wf), john hayes(cf), paul kerrigan(wf), dan goulding(cf), paul o'flynn(ff), a few more there as well that i can't think of...
3 of them are with the seniors with many others to join them in the next few years.......the future is bright. :)

Green Tribe
01/05/2005, 10:54 PM
down will have some job in containing the terrible twins of meahan and armstrong.15 points between them against a makeshift cork defence.they were unstopable.

Bring it on!!!!!!!! :D :D

Green Tribe
02/05/2005, 12:16 AM
Kerrs Tribe, ye were poxed lucky against Galway! :eek: :(

here's hoping it'll be a walk in the park against Galway! :D

Go on the Mourne men! Those were the days! :D

hamish
02/05/2005, 11:13 PM
Ah, fcuk it, I give up. Adam, any chance of adding a white flag logo for the likes of me??? :(

Green Tribe
02/05/2005, 11:35 PM
Ah, fcuk it, I give up. Adam, any chance of adding a white flag logo for the likes of me??? :(

:eek: :D :D

Aberdonian Stu
03/05/2005, 11:34 AM
Down's attack is solid but their defence is too fragile still to make any impact on the championship for a few years yet.

Green Tribe
03/05/2005, 2:03 PM
Down's attack is solid but their defence is too fragile still to make any impact on the championship for a few years yet.

Trying to stop me dreaming Stu? :( :D

Green Tribe
07/05/2005, 5:25 PM
Well f**k that!

:mad: Should've kept my mouth shut :rolleyes: :o

Must have been a cracker of a game, anyone see it?

Well done to Galway.

BBC had the result before RTE (website) :rolleyes:

result :( (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/4517749.stm)

hamish
07/05/2005, 8:05 PM
snigger.............. :D :D :D

hamish
07/05/2005, 8:20 PM
Just kidding, above. Hard luck, KT. In the final minutes, only 2 points separated the teams, Galway broke away and scored another goal which killed the game. Earlier, Down had a penalty saved which might, just might, have changed the course of the game.
There were nearly as many goals as points - amazing score really.
Don't be too disappointed, both teams did their counties proud. :)

Green Tribe
07/05/2005, 10:23 PM
Just kidding, above. Hard luck, KT. In the final minutes, only 2 points separated the teams, Galway broke away and scored another goal which killed the game. Earlier, Down had a penalty saved which might, just might, have changed the course of the game.
There were nearly as many goals as points - amazing score really.
Don't be too disappointed, both teams did their counties proud. :)

Boll*x! Glad they put on a good show, heard about the saved penalty, but ah well. Paddy O'Rourke will be disappointed, but good achievement to get to the final anyway.

:mad: :rolleyes: :D

Green Tribe
23/05/2005, 7:41 PM
Dammit! (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/4571399.stm)

Darn Teeeeeerone again!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: