PDA

View Full Version : Spoofs, fun and craic...

dahamsta
28/02/2002, 12:44 AM
There's been plenty of opporunity for the aforementioned in the last few days. I'd like to do some fun stuff on Foot.ie in future, totally off the bat when something presents itself. Who's up for Comedic Manager? There's a seat on the Board for a committed committer...

adam

dahamsta
28/02/2002, 12:46 AM
In case it isn't obvious, I'm hinting towards a Foot.ie-style Evil Gerald (http://www.evilgerald.com/) or Onion (http://www.theonion.com/). Four-Five-One has the sense of humour, but have they the committment? I say they're a bunch of big mincing girl's blouses...

adam

James
28/02/2002, 12:57 AM
completely agree Adam.. what a shower of tossers they are

now it they were doing stuff as funny as the old Hoof fanzine ..then we'd be laughing.. right kids :D

A face
28/02/2002, 10:45 AM
What are you saying, is it a funny section on foot.ie with humour in gereral, i.e Bertie in a past life, McCrevie (if that is spelt right) and his weekend fantasies. etc.

Pablo
28/02/2002, 1:36 PM
ah hoof.....that was fun! oppertunities to shoot at Shels with a gun...classic! The stories were top notch too!

Bring back Hoof!

dahamsta
28/02/2002, 2:46 PM
What are you saying, is it a funny section on foot.ie with humour in gereral, i.e Bertie in a past life, McCrevie (if that is spelt right) and his weekend fantasies. etc.

Nah, none of that political claptrap, I'm talking about an expanded Four Five One or Hoof! Jesus Christ, it's not as if we're short of material. The eL is like a neverending episode of Monty Python anyway. How about a collaboration of unoffical match programme editors? Surely there's more Four Five One style fings out there?

adam

James
28/02/2002, 2:49 PM
Originally posted by Pablo

Bring back Hoof!

pablo you wouldnt have had anything to do with said hoof fanzine.. cause that comment of mine was made *firmly with otunge in cheek..

hoof fanzine was the milestone which a fanzine should use to avoid IMO..

dahamsta
28/02/2002, 3:15 PM
I reckon Pable meant Hoof! the webzine.

adam

James
28/02/2002, 3:28 PM
oh right sry i was getting his vague comment to refer to the plaguerists that did the fanzine

my mistake.. :D

Pablo
28/02/2002, 3:34 PM
take your time to read the thread like! dont jump on the defensive crikey.....

i just thought Hoof! was great fun, and it hasnt been bettered since

goalside
28/02/2002, 10:01 PM
great idea. i'd be all in support of some humour. but we should not slag anyone off. it can be offensive.

Pablo
01/03/2002, 12:06 PM
Especially Gunther i suppose goalside.......

Éanna
02/03/2002, 2:02 PM
Originally posted by goalside
but we should not slag anyone off. it can be offensive.

unless you're the bald, grumpy and tactically clueless manager of an eircom League soccer team for Cork, in which case it's part of your job description.

OUT