PDA

View Full Version : Review: Rovers 1 City 3

pete
30/04/2005, 11:27 AM
Pretty good game, maybe double the attaendacne would ahve last season.

Very open game & was going to be crucial who scored first. City on top in first half, Bennet cleared off his own line & got Rovers player booked for tripping him in the last minute of the 1st half.

George scored with fine header from corner. Doyler scored after taking back with his back to goal, turn & going on run to slot home. Rovers thrwe everything at city & few shakey moments. Looked like city had weather the pressure when Rovers scored with header from freekick. George scored again with left foot drive into top corner & danny Murphy got sent off for stupid reaction to little nudge from Rovers player.

George had good game & good to get 2 goals as he needs to score more. Murray & Bennet dominant at the back. Coudn't tell if Billy was playing. :eek: Colin had good game.

Good win, Rovers good going forward but couldn't defend.

Roddy was fighting with Russell Payne post match in the centre circle.

Counting Crow
30/04/2005, 11:55 AM
Wonder how Gamble is feeling?

Can't be happy at not getting a game..........ego likely to kick in soon me thinks.

SSS
30/04/2005, 11:59 AM
With Danny and Benno out for Monday there is a chance for a couple of guys to get back in and stake a claim.
I presume Greg will get in for Danny, but who will replace Benno - Colin or Derek?

Flynny can't be happy either..

Éanna
30/04/2005, 1:25 PM
Not the best performance I've seen from us, but we did what was necessary and it was a comfortable enough win- great goals too. Rovers very very poor IMO. Still can't see the logic in billy being on the team- he was muck :rolleyes:

Counting Crow
01/05/2005, 8:16 AM
Whatever peple think of Derek, there is no way he is ready for a game of Mondays importance and against a team as strong as $hels.

He needs to be eased in gently against minnows such as Waterford :D or Queenstown :D .

Seriously though, I think you will see Greg in for Danny and Colin dropping back to center half. Gamble will then be back in the side.

In relation to Flynny, who knows at this stage. Papers said he strained himself before the game.......!

Shouldn't he have been out on the pitch with the rest of the players warming up? :rolleyes:

thecorner
01/05/2005, 8:54 AM
Seriously though, I think you will see Greg in for Danny and Colin dropping back to center half. Gamble will then be back in the side.

:
...........................Devine................. .........
....Horgan........Dan.........Greg.....Woods......
....Colin T...George...Gamble....Kearney....
....................Doyle... Behan................

this is based on the fact greg had a good run at centre half in the run in last season...colin t played centre half against rovers away and had an absolute shocker

adamd164
01/05/2005, 11:28 AM
the way woodsie is playing I wouldn't trust him at left back against shels, corner

A face
01/05/2005, 11:28 AM
...........................Devine................. .........
....Horgan........Dan.........Greg.....Woods......
....Colin T...George...Gamble....Kearney....
....................Doyle... Behan................

That doesn't look too bad at all ... Is flynnie definitely out so ??

Ruairi
01/05/2005, 11:34 AM
I've a feeling Ray Lally might start at left back.. agree with corner, think greg should start centre half. or we could go nuts and play a 3-5-2 like this

----------------------devine----------------------

--------hoggy-----------dan----------greg-------

----------------------gamble----------------------

woods-------george----------colin--------kearney

---------------doyler---------behanator-------