PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Gig

max power
30/04/2005, 1:44 AM
if you had the chance to see anyone dead or alive, who would it be. for me it would have to be bowie, closely followed by elvis in vegas.

Bluebeard
30/04/2005, 12:53 PM
if you had the chance to see anyone dead or alive, who would it be. for me it would have to be bowie, closely followed by elvis in vegas.

I wouldn't mind seeing Westlife or Bryan McFadden dead :)

Ruairi
30/04/2005, 1:05 PM
Would have loved to have seen Rory Gallagher in his prime.. Or hendrix for that matter..

the 12 th man
30/04/2005, 1:14 PM
joy division with ian curtis on lead vocals :cool:

thecorner
30/04/2005, 1:55 PM
The Doors

hamish
30/04/2005, 11:24 PM
Would have loved to have seen Rory Gallagher in his prime.. Or hendrix for that matter..
Ruairi, saw Rory in Leisureland in, 1978 or 1979 - awesome. We even got to meet him after the gig - utter and absolute gentleman. I really miss him not being around.

Neish
02/05/2005, 1:46 PM
The Doors
Yeah would of loved to see them live, also The Clash

CollegeTillIDie
02/05/2005, 2:51 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Westlife or Bryan McFadden dead :)

McFadden is a bit like Fame he's gonna live forever but not in the public eye. Well maybe not the gobsh1te is a smoker ! :D

Colie
02/05/2005, 3:11 PM
Pearl Jam. Have seen them in Indanapolis & Sydney, but wanna see them here, & soon damnit.

Gerrit
02/05/2005, 4:24 PM
Placebo and Echo & The Bunnymen are my favourite bands of all-time, but as both are still going strong I see them as often as I can.

From past bands I'd love to see Bauhaus, especially since I missed their once-off reunion gig in California :( I hope they re-found the thrill and will decide after all to do a reunion tour, though very unlikely as two of the members (Daniel Ash and Peter Murphy) are starting a solo tour this month... Hopefully more Bauhaus gigs once their solo tour has finished...

and I'd also like to see Indochine (the one band I like that I didn't see live yet) and also, if it were possible to raise the dead, I'd like to see Joy Division. Hopefully no JD reunion with a replacer such as the new Queen tour with Paul Rodgers. With all the respect to whoever would take his place, but you can never really replace an icon such as Ian Curtis.

Gerrit
02/05/2005, 4:25 PM
Oh yeah, a Virgin Prunes reunion gig in Dublin would be cool as well...

www.virginprunes.com

-lamb-
02/05/2005, 7:00 PM
very early 70s led zeppelin
late 60s small faces
sam & dave in their prime
james brown in his prime
the cure mid 80s

oh, and i nearly forgot......the specials ;)

exile
02/05/2005, 9:18 PM
would have liked to seen nirvana or guns/n roses

Gareth
02/05/2005, 10:51 PM
The Clash. I remember the day the dream died when I heard Joe Strummer was dead. I was standing in a Branch of Bank Of Ireland and my friend phoned me and I remember saying it to my co-corkers and no one knew who it was. Then one person turned to me in shock, told me they loved his songs. They esp loved "Summer in the City". The muppet confused Joe Cocker with Joe Strummer.

Apart from the Clash, I'd like to see Pink Floyd or Led Zeppilin or Jeff Buckley.

IsMiseSean
02/05/2005, 10:59 PM
Simple Johnny Cash & Hank Williams

CollegeTillIDie
02/05/2005, 11:07 PM
The Clash. I remember the day the dream died when I heard Joe Strummer was dead. I was standing in a Branch of Bank Of Ireland and my friend phoned me and I remember saying it to my co-corkers and no one knew who it was. Then one person turned to me in shock, told me they loved his songs. They esp loved "Summer in the City". The muppet confused Joe Cocker with Joe Strummer.

Apart from the Clash, I'd like to see Pink Floyd or Led Zeppilin or Jeff Buckley.

"Summer In The City" was by The Lovin' Spoonful NOT Joe Cocker ...kermit :D

Gerrit
02/05/2005, 11:09 PM
Best punk band: The Damned. Dave Vanian's a goth god :cool:

hamish
02/05/2005, 11:19 PM

Reminds me of a session in The Cellar Bar in the 1970s. A then girlfriend of mine was trying to impress us with her knowledge of Deep Purple. My mate, Monty, said to her "Katherine, that song "Smoke along the tracks" is a classic isn't it?" She agreed and was brutally slagged when told that song was a hit by Big Tom!! Remember him?? :D :D

Anto McC
02/05/2005, 11:52 PM
Rory Gallagher at any stage of his career
Thin lizzy around 1980
Led Zep at the time of Led Zep IV
and Johnny Cash.

Colie
08/05/2005, 3:51 PM
very early 70s led zeppelin

Saw the cover band Stairway to Zepplin in the Ambassador earlier in the year. Total letdown, real dissapointment. Hard to ever equal I guess.

Eire06
08/05/2005, 4:40 PM
has to be the Rat Pack...
Sinatra, Martin, Davis, Bishop, and Lawford...
Coolest men that ever lived :cool:

beautifulrock
08/05/2005, 5:06 PM
Has to be Nirvana for me...with Lizzy as warm up :)

Anto McC
08/05/2005, 5:44 PM
has to be the Rat Pack...
Sinatra, Martin, Davis, Bishop, and Lawford...
Coolest men that ever lived :cool:

Completely agree,Cooler than the other side of the pillow as the saying goes.

fosterdollar
09/05/2005, 8:47 AM
From what i can think of at the moment:
The Stone Roses
Pink Floyd
The Stunning

From what's already mentioned, i would agree about:
The Doors - just to have seen the reactions they were getting from authrities, etc.
Rory Gallagher/Taste - Live at the Isle of Wight and showing up Hendrix must have been unforgettable

Dublin12
09/05/2005, 9:26 AM
The Skatalites
Bob Marley
Lee Perry
Janes Addiction
Jimi Hendrix Experience
The Kinks
The Who
Nirvana
David Bowie
The Clash

and the following eye candy ;)
Destiny's Child :eek:
The Shirelles

tiktok
09/05/2005, 10:21 AM
At the moment it's Weezer, but tickets can't be found :( :(

Would love to see/have seen the following:

Nina Simone
Bobbie Gentry
Brian Wilson (taking care of that this summer :) )
The Rat pack (excellent suggestion)
Johnny Cash
The Ramones

IsMiseSean
09/05/2005, 10:23 PM
The Stunning

I saw them in 2003 in Galway. Did they play in Dublin?

fosterdollar
10/05/2005, 8:15 AM
I saw them in 2003 in Galway. Did they play in Dublin?

They played all over Ireland in the early nineties. Was mainly too young to have seen them and when i wasn't i missed them for one reason or another. They were veterans of Feile AFAIK. Could be wrong but i think 94/95 might have been their finalé. Haven't seen The Walls either but thier music doesn't come close to matching The Stunning's.

Macy
10/05/2005, 11:11 AM
They played all over Ireland in the early nineties. Was mainly too young to have seen them and when i wasn't i missed them for one reason or another. They were veterans of Feile AFAIK. Could be wrong but i think 94/95 might have been their finalé. Haven't seen The Walls either but thier music doesn't come close to matching The Stunning's.
Thought they'd played Longford Festivals? I'm sure I saw them at one anyway....

Mine would be the Rolling Stones around 1973/4.

fosterdollar
10/05/2005, 12:48 PM
Thought they'd played Longford Festivals? I'm sure I saw them at one anyway....

They would have done alright. Probably around '91/'92, in which case I would have been 9 or 10 so oblivious to their presence.

Macy
10/05/2005, 2:06 PM
I would have been 9 or 10 so oblivious to their presence.
Running around, falling on broken glass, looking forward to the Beat on the Street :D

fosterdollar
10/05/2005, 2:08 PM
Running around, falling on broken glass, looking forward to the Beat on the Street :D
Now you're talking!