ARKLOW TOWN, magnificent pitch, stand on one side of pitch
DRUMCONDRA play in Morton Stadiuim, pitch has just been widened
ST JAMES GATE, ex EL club, still have excellent facilities
BELGROVE, now playing in Whitehall
MULLINGAR TOWN: Excellent pitch, stand on one side
MULLINGAR ATH: Excellent pitch, just installed floodlights

Thunderblaster
30/04/2005, 2:14 AM
St. Michael's: Fabulous set up; hosted FAI Junior Cup finals and underage/junior internationals.

Salthill Devon: Serious soccer complex with top class facilities near Galway.

Mervue United: Clubhouse, great pitch and astroturf.

Manulla: Best rural club set up in Connacht. Two pitches, a small pitch, clubhouse and stand.

Pike Rovers: Hosted Eircom League games for Limerick City.

Ballinasloe Town: Very good pitch, clubhouse, floodlights and stand.

Ballyglass: Two storey clubhouse, stand and a quality pitch.

magic_man
30/04/2005, 7:42 AM
Who has facilities fit for higher standard

pike rovers have an excellent pitch complemented with terracing both on the side and behind goals .they also have an acre of land adjacent to a two story club house .this land consists of training facilities with floodlighting.the also have a car park to the otherside of the clubhouse.

the 12 th man
30/04/2005, 9:30 AM
ST JAMES GATE, ex EL club, still have excellent facilities

without a doubt on of the best i've seen,
top quality pitch and a clubhouse/bar/dressing room complex that would put most teams in the e/l to shame.(although they have guinness money to back them).

all they're missing is a decent stand.

lim abroad
30/04/2005, 10:45 AM
pike rovers must have the smallest changing rooms in the country, plus you'd get more light out of a sacred heart candle than those floodlights on the training pitch

the 12 th man
30/04/2005, 2:17 PM
pike rovers must have the smallest changing rooms in the country, plus you'd get more light out of a sacred heart candle than those floodlights on the training pitch

:D :D

hamish
01/05/2005, 12:29 AM
St. Michael's: Fabulous set up; hosted FAI Junior Cup finals and underage/junior internationals.

Salthill Devon: Serious soccer complex with top class facilities near Galway.

Mervue United: Clubhouse, great pitch and astroturf.

Manulla: Best rural club set up in Connacht. Two pitches, a small pitch, clubhouse and stand.

Pike Rovers: Hosted Eircom League games for Limerick City.

Ballinasloe Town: Very good pitch, clubhouse, floodlights and stand.

Ballyglass: Two storey clubhouse, stand and a quality pitch.
Jesus, Thunderblaster, thanks for the nice compliment but apologies for disagreeing with you re. B'sloe's pitch. I think it's awful. I've been at the boys for years to do something about it. Rest of facilities are good but one of my favourites is Manulla, up your way and of course the Castlebar grounds.

Thunderblaster
01/05/2005, 11:17 AM
Jesus, Thunderblaster, thanks for the nice compliment but apologies for disagreeing with you re. B'sloe's pitch. I think it's awful. I've been at the boys for years to do something about it.

I remember the pitch years ago and it was pretty bad.

hamish
02/05/2005, 12:20 AM
Still not too good, I'm afraid. It kinda slopes downwards up in the top left hand corner. town end and the surface is poor around the midfield area. I asked the lads why did they not install a Dunfermline type surface - they have the money, they've spent a million on the grounds in the last while. There's no excuse for any club nowadays to have a bad surface. Again, all those clubs in Mayo are a good example what can be done. Credit where credit is due.

balls
02/05/2005, 9:47 PM
too many clubs with no facilities though. all premier teams around the country should at least have dressing rooms but this isnt the story. a sad fact

widow
02/05/2005, 10:19 PM
FAI semi finalist carew park don't even have a pitch

hamish
03/05/2005, 12:09 AM
too many clubs with no facilities though. all premier teams around the country should at least have dressing rooms but this isnt the story. a sad fact
I think there's been a rule in the Ros. & District League for a few years now that all clubs in the Premier Division must have dressingroom facilities etc to be allowed in (if promoted of course). In fact, that may be extended to all divisions by now but not too sure.

lim abroad
03/05/2005, 3:00 AM
do carew not have a pitch and dressing rooms in roxboro?

swinfordfc
03/05/2005, 3:31 PM
hi all,
thunderblaster, i agreed with you regarding the manulla set up- it class, one of the best set up in mayo, actually in connacht but there is others. i think castlebar celtic pitch is good but the dressing rooms need abit of a tidy. snugboro fc pitch and clubhouse is excellant, i actually play there a few weeks ago a i was amased of the pitch, well done to all involved down there.
Also swinford have a fine set up with the two pitches and the clubhouse and rumour has it that there building a stand there in the future too. i think mayo football is getting up there with the best in ireland regarding the infrastructure to play the best football about.
swinfordfc :)

hamish
03/05/2005, 6:47 PM
Just to add to the above, guys. I think there are so many great set-ups in Mayo would there be the finance, support and backing etc for a Mayo County Eircom League team. Something like what Kildare County did, although they are based at Newbridge Town's ground. Just a thought. What do you guys think??

swinfordfc
04/05/2005, 3:04 PM
it would be great if this was to happen but i would believe it would put the Mayo league football backwards and they would be to much in house fightingamong the clubs in releasing players, some clubs affected more than others etc.
i just dont think it would work here in Mayo
swinfordfc.

widow
04/05/2005, 7:41 PM
do carew not have a pitch and dressing rooms in roxboro?

no, they're going around taping pitches at the moment

magic_man
04/05/2005, 8:56 PM

that candle puts out more light than all lim clubs together ,and it was good enough for oscar traynor and eircom league to train there

Mark_no9
04/05/2005, 9:40 PM
that candle puts out more light than all lim clubs together ,and it was good enough for oscar traynor and eircom league to train there

Would you rise out of us with your PIKE this and PIKE that. Every Topic I open you are posting or have posted about PIKE, best team in Limerick, have the best facilities, have the best players, give us a break. Take off the blinkers and discuss Junior soccer. Not pike soccer.

joeSoap
04/05/2005, 10:18 PM
Would you rise out of us with your PIKE this and PIKE that. Every Topic I open you are posting or have posted about PIKE, best team in Limerick, have the best facilities, have the best players, give us a break. Take off the blinkers and discuss Junior soccer. Not pike soccer.
I would have thought that Pike are a Junior club, with very good facilities at that. Seeing as it is a Junior section, surely people like magic man can voice his opinions on who he supports, or doesn't.Pike are a Junior club, therefore he has every right to leave on the blinkers and discuss what he likes....thats the beauty of this website, it allows people actually support their teams. :ball:

gael353
04/05/2005, 11:05 PM

great post that made me laugh :D

Mark_no9
05/05/2005, 12:14 AM
I would have thought that Pike are a Junior club, with very good facilities at that. Seeing as it is a Junior section, surely people like magic man can voice his opinions on who he supports, or doesn't.Pike are a Junior club, therefore he has every right to leave on the blinkers and discuss what he likes....thats the beauty of this website, it allows people actually support their teams. :ball:

Another one ...Your right they are a Junior club and have very good facilities and are a very well run club. I'm not saying any different. But I personally and tired of hearing about such. Everyone has an opinion, but when it's the same one over and over again with nothing new or contructive to add to the threads, it just gets boring. This section is called Junior League not pike league.
He should open his own thread and call it the Pike forum. Then he and you can go there and wallow in your glory.......

lim abroad
05/05/2005, 2:38 AM
cheers gael :)

magic_man
05/05/2005, 9:46 PM

welcome back bitter balls,you were hiding for a while dere when the heat was turned up

Mark_no9
07/05/2005, 12:55 AM
Not gone quite, just didn't have the stomach to come on and read your tripe.
You seem to have gone kinda quite yourself, maybe there was some truth in what auld bitter balls had to write. ;)