PDA

View Full Version : Belgrove vs. Cherry Orchard (FAI Cup First Round Replay)

Sheridan
29/04/2005, 3:57 PM
Anyone heading down to this tonight (7.30 pm, Whitehall)? Which players should I look out for (are Dunning and Bruen still at Belgrove?)

drummerboy
29/04/2005, 4:39 PM
Dunning and Bruen are still at Belgrove. Dunning doesn't always get in. The player to look out for is Paul Whitemarsh, baldy guy up front, great goalscorer.

Sheridan
30/04/2005, 11:44 AM
Finished Belgrove 0-2 Cherry Orchard, an outcome influenced by the red card dished out to a Belgrove player for retaliation after about ten minutes. Orchard's first goal was a free header from a set-piece shortly before half-time, their second a splendid solo effort from the number 9 (whose name I didn't catch) mid-way through the second half. Whitmarsh did okay but missed a great chance to drag Belgrove back into the tie before being replaced by my man Dunning, who occasionally showed shreds of his quality betweeen bouts of swearing at officials and team-mates, for the last fifteen.

Very impressed with the standard of play, both sides (Orchard in particular, who used their extra man wisely and stretched Belgrove to breaking point) kept the ball down and tried to play ball after a frantic opening quarter.

branch
01/05/2005, 6:17 PM
have been impressed with belgrove they try play the ball on the deck massive game on wednesday against bangor (title decider?) should be a good game of football who do u fancy fancy to win ill go for a draw

The benchwarmer
03/05/2005, 4:31 PM
I was also the game on Friday and believe the early sending off changed the game. Belgrove had gone a goal up and looked comfortable until a moment of stupidy by their scottish winger (although Stephen Barry made a meal of the push). For the game Belgrove rested 4 or 5 of their regular starters including their keeper, centre half, Dunning, Meade and Andy Brady so this game obviously is not a priority for them.

Sheridan
03/05/2005, 4:34 PM
I was also the game on Friday and believe the early sending off changed the game. Belgrove had gone a goal up and looked comfortable until a moment of stupidy by their scottish winger (although Stephen Barry made a meal of the push).
I was wondering why the Herald reported the score as 1-2. Belgrove must have scored before I arrived... :o

razor
06/05/2005, 11:15 AM
have been impressed with belgrove they try play the ball on the deck massive game on wednesday against bangor (title decider?) should be a good game of football who do u fancy fancy to win ill go for a drawAny Idea who won this one? Belgrove-Bangor anyone ?

branch
06/05/2005, 12:20 PM
wasnt at it heard it finished 1-1 any report on the game

drummerboy
06/05/2005, 1:11 PM
Think Tony Doyle is stepping down at end of season. Anyone know who in the frame to replace him?