PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

the hawk
11/11/2011, 6:36 PM
Just regards the handball on the line hawk for blarneys second goal,
the ref pointed to the spot and flashed the red card at rockmount player and then proceeded to linesman who said the ball was behind the line and the goal was given,
it was my understanding that once you flash the red you cant just ignore the fact that you did??
maybe one for maninthemiddle?

i suppose if he handled the ball behind the line then technically the goal cancels the handball,same as if a defender hits a striker when the offside flag has gone up
suppose lino didnt want rockmount player to get a little ban either :-)

mayfield utd
11/11/2011, 11:36 PM
Howard coakley gone from mayfield...again!!!ya,i've been told his gone,i don't know who his going to,i also heard brendan cronin has retired and steph hurley is thinking about playing junior or retiring,tadgh must be having a hard job trying to keep everyone happy,hopefully he can talk the lads round,cos it's the 1st time ever we have a good squad like this, where there's about 13 r 14 player who are good enough to get into the starting 11

maninthemiddle
12/11/2011, 12:43 PM
Just regards the handball on the line hawk for blarneys second goal,
the ref pointed to the spot and flashed the red card at rockmount player and then proceeded to linesman who said the ball was behind the line and the goal was given,
it was my understanding that once you flash the red you cant just ignore the fact that you did??
maybe one for maninthemiddle?

once play has not been restarted greengrass a ref is actually allowed change his mind on a decision (rarely happens though). In this case it was lucky there was linesmen there to come to the correct decision. commonm sense was applied and the action of the goal happened before the foul/red card.

greengrass
12/11/2011, 2:13 PM
once play has not been restarted greengrass a ref is actually allowed change his mind on a decision (rarely happens though). In this case it was lucky there was linesmen there to come to the correct decision. commonm sense was applied and the action of the goal happened before the foul/red card.

Cheers for getting back maninthemiddle
was curious about the rules in that situation

razor
12/11/2011, 3:11 PM
Avondale Utd 1-0 Everton today.

Also Mayfield Utd 1-2 St Marys

ringmahon4ever
12/11/2011, 4:04 PM
lost 1-0 today to ucc.they scored with 2 mins.we were down to ten men after 10 mins.didnt help the cause at all.wasnt at game but heard they battled very well and deserved the draw

Chiefscout
12/11/2011, 11:45 PM
ya,i've been told his gone,i don't know who his going to,i

also heard brendan cronin has retired and steph hurley is thinking about playing junior or retiring,tadgh must

be having a hard job trying to ke
everyone happy,hopefully he can talk the lads round,cos it's the 1st time ever we have a good squad like this,
where there's about 13 r 14 player who are good enough to get into the starting 11is that four in a row at home?.people talking up mayfield are either going on victory v avondale away or are mayfield people?...Dale ground it out today.everton no pushovers.maybe deserved the point but mark of champs to get the 1-0

Chiefscout
12/11/2011, 11:57 PM
Biggest game of the season could be tomorrow in Midleton.deja vu to what happened to ucc last year with Midleton in my eyes.good team,good good football but no results.I expect a result though for them tomorrow.slippery slope for Leeds on way

Sparky
13/11/2011, 1:08 AM
is that four in a row at home?.people talking up mayfield are either going on victory v avondale away or are mayfield people?...Dale ground it out today.everton no pushovers.maybe deserved the point but mark of champs to get the 1-0

Bit of a shock result today alright up in Mayfield. Massive game next week with Rockmount v Mayfield. Mayfield always seem to raise it against big(ger) teams. I fancy Midleton to win tomorrow morning. Only because they have to. They have been unlucky with alot of their losses to date although the same can be said for Leeds. Think I might pop down to it. I heard Everton deserved a draw today but saying that it was from an Everton man so not sure. I've seen Everton quite a bit this year and I have been very impressed by them. over and out for now, its late.

mayfield utd
13/11/2011, 9:06 AM
ya lost 2-1 yesterday at home to to a fairly poor marys side,when 1 down,came back to 1-1 with a good move dave warren scored at 1-1 we had some good chance to go in front but missed some easy changes,we got a penalty before halftime dave warren missed putting over the bar,marys scored a good header only for it to be called offside,marys started the 2nd half the better team and had a few chances,before getting a penalty marys guy tried to cross the ball it hit dave kiely and there was a big shout for a penalty by marys players and line,penalty was giving jp o sullivan stepped up and took a great penalty right in the top corner,our lads push hard but marys defended well and got a bit of luck at times,good win for marys,but a poor display from our lads,that's 3 straight defeats in a row at home,the lads are have a bad spell at the moment

Chiefscout
13/11/2011, 9:52 AM
ya lost 2-1 yesterday at home to to a
fairly poor marys side,when 1 down,came back to 1-1 with a good move dave warren scored at 1-1 we
had some good chance to go in front but missed some easy changes,we got a penalty before halftime dave
warren missed putting over the bar,marys scored a good header only for it to be called offside,marys
started the 2nd half the better team and had a few chances,before getting a penalty marys guy tried to cross the

ball it hit dave kiely and there was a big shout for a penalty by marys players and line,penalty was giving jp
o sullivan stepped up and took a great penalty right in the top corner,our lads push hard but marys
defended well and got a bit of luck at times,good win for marys,but a poor display from our lads,that's 3 straight
defeats in a row at home,the lads are have a bad spell at the momentwas talking to
few people at match yesterday.said was great battle and the better team won on the day.as I said on earlier post ,the only people that are talking up mayfield are mayfield themselves.another mid table to lower half finish again this season for mayfield

el nino coro
13/11/2011, 11:02 AM
was talking to
few people at match yesterday.said was great battle and the better team won on the day.as I said on earlier post ,the only people that are talking up mayfield are mayfield themselves.another mid table to lower half finish again this season for mayfield

I agree mayfield have no chance of winning the league with 3 or 4 of their players only junior players,the rest only average senior players,brosnan up front should stick to the gaa,the fella they have on goal in the absence of albert is attrocious,i think they will finish 7th,avondale grinding out another 1 nil aswell,we are looking at the champions elect there i feel!

Chiefscout
13/11/2011, 11:31 AM
I agree mayfield have no chance of winning the league with 3 or 4 of their
players only junior players,the rest only average senior players,brosnan up front should stick to the gaa,the
fella they have on goal in the absence of albert is attrocious,i think they will finish 7th,avondale grinding
out another 1 nil aswell,we are looking at the champions elect there i feel!looks like it's theirs to lose.squad of players they have is best in league by far.rockmount though know how to win the big games so you can't right them off.I think blarney aswel only one or two players short of being in the mix

justasupporter
13/11/2011, 12:05 PM
Avondale getting all the 1-0 results in their favor & don't see them dropping too many points , it's who can stay in touch with them now , everyone else will take points off each other but its hard to see beyond dale . Think I posted here a few weeks ago that mayfield had their best team in a few years but after consequetive defeats I think that's it for them , they have no chance , still a decent side but you would have to feel they can be beaten again , if they don't beat rockmount next week I wonder will they have the bottle for a scrap to stay out of trouble because if mount beat them that's exactly where they will be .. Thought the comment about Mary's being a poor side was harsh , Mary's fought for their win yesterday , if it comes to a scrap for survival between mayfield & marys I know who's side I'd prefer to be on . League starting to get interesting now

Sparky
13/11/2011, 12:10 PM
Mayfield made a huge mistake building themselves up after ONE GAME when they beat Avondale. I think they will still challenge but with the unrest up their at the moment it can't help. I think the title has to go to Rockmount and Avondale. The Intermediate Cup could take Avondales hunger from the league. I think Blarney have leap frogged Douglas as 3rd best team in league and I would not write off Everton being up there either. This league is so enjoyable because anybody can beat anyone else on the day. Mount for League and Avondale in with big chance of Intermediate cup.

Clifford
13/11/2011, 1:01 PM
Fermoy 5-0 bandon

One up after 18 Graham Byrnes, Gav Quirke after 30. Long delay after clash between their keeper and our striker same the keeper come off with damaged collar bone.

Scored 3 in last 15 mins, seanie mac, kaylin Kelly and Paul Whitmarsh.

That will scupper a few of ye in the predictions thread that bought into bandons good start.

Pundit
13/11/2011, 6:30 PM
Mayfield made a huge mistake building themselves up after ONE GAME when they beat Avondale. I think they will still challenge but with the unrest up their at the moment it can't help. I think the title has to go to Rockmount and Avondale. The Intermediate Cup could take Avondales hunger from the league. I think Blarney have leap frogged Douglas as 3rd best team in league and I would not write off Everton being up there either. This league is so enjoyable because anybody can beat anyone else on the day. Mount for League and Avondale in with big chance of Intermediate cup.

Sparky I can tell you that the dale want the league this year. All the players feel that 3seasons without the league is to long for the club.. mount are going for3 in a row and the last time that happened dale went away and won 2in arow. The dale never prioritise the intermediate cup it just always seems to pan out that way. every year they want the league and everythin else is a bonus.

el nino coro
13/11/2011, 7:02 PM
Midleton 2-2 Leeds,bad result for both sides especially the home side!

shetland
13/11/2011, 7:29 PM
mayfield s problem i think and i live in the area is that they have the same or more or less the same manement set up far to long .time for a change. same applies to leeds.

Goggs
13/11/2011, 8:00 PM
That's a bit harsh shetland these two managers have been giving there free time year after year and to be competing in the top league with mostly local players is a credit to Taigh and Dec as these guys have brought players through the youths system they dont have the luxary to sign any player they want unlike Avondale and Rockmount I would love to see Billy Cronin or John Cauldfield manage a team where they could only play locals oh we did to an extent Caulfied with UCC who was restricted to UCC only players he didnt fair to well did he.

shetland
13/11/2011, 8:26 PM
why havent they the luxury goggs .successful managers will attract top players and if the likes of billy cronin .or caulfield were in charge up there ,they would do a lot better,thats my oppinion.who said that they were to be only restricted to local players.,

Goggs
13/11/2011, 9:15 PM
As a local shetland which would you prefer to see all Mayfield players playing for Mayfield week in week out competing in the top league or see a Mayfield 11 with no roots to the club and who would leave on a whim in the next transfer window when the going gets tough.Local soccer needs locals in the teams to generate interest,my local club is Midleton who are bottom of the league they played this morning in front of 150 plus people today because the people who pay their 3 euros in have an afilliation with the players they know them and support them even when their team isnt doing great I think this is important to keep an interest at local level.

Chiefscout
13/11/2011, 9:29 PM
why havent they the luxury goggs
.successful managers will attract top players and if the likes of billy cronin .or caulfield were in charge up there ,they would do a lot better,thats my oppinion.who said that they were to be only restricted to local players.,
Clubs like Leeds and mayfield are lucky to have people like taigh and Deccy in charge.these guys are with their respective clubs through the good and bad times and stick with their club.they have both got their teams from first division to premier with their "local" players

Chiefscout
13/11/2011, 9:33 PM
why havent they the luxury goggs .successful managers will attract top
players and if the likes of billy cronin .or caulfield were in charge up there ,they would do a lot better,thats my oppinion.who said that they were to be only restricted to local players.,

I disagree with you.look at ucc last year.caulfield struggled because he was out of his comfort zone of having star players at his disposal...and I'd like to see billy Cronin manage a team where he couldnt take players from other clubs but I'm willing to bet that will never happen

the hawk
14/11/2011, 5:47 AM
i hear one of mayfields players is on there way to douglas hall.

greengrass
14/11/2011, 8:19 AM
As a local shetland which would you prefer to see all Mayfield players playing for Mayfield week in week out competing in the top league or see a Mayfield 11 with no roots to the club and who would leave on a whim in the next transfer window when the going gets tough.Local soccer needs locals in the teams to generate interest,my local club is Midleton who are bottom of the league they played this morning in front of 150 plus people today because the people who pay their 3 euros in have an afilliation with the players they know them and support them even when their team isnt doing great I think this is important to keep an interest at local level.

Not much clubs with strictly locals in it now goggs anymore,fair dues to midleton

justasupporter
14/11/2011, 10:27 AM
whos there to replace these guys Shetland ? surely if there were someone within the clubs they would have had the chance by now , its not an easy job by any means & these guys in fairness are a credit to their clubs for taking on a job like this for so long . on the flip side I think 3-4 years is enough for any manager & if things havent improved by then I think they should be replaced but again is there a lot of fellas out there willing to take on clubs that will struggle to challenge never mind win a league ? the lads in question here have brought their clubs back to Premier football which has to be classed as success of sorts , you could say Mayfield are improving every year since they came up so it probably justifies the management team staying on .
Look at how many managers the Hall have gone through in recent years , have they really been successful by making all those changes to their management ? I would have to say not .

Chiefscout
14/11/2011, 11:25 AM
whos there to replace these guys Shetland ? surely if there were someone within the clubs they would have had the chance by now , its not an easy job by any means & these guys in fairness are a credit to their clubs for taking on a job like this for so long . on the flip side I think 3-4 years is enough for any manager & if things havent improved by then I think they should be replaced but again is there a lot of fellas out there willing to take on clubs that will struggle to challenge never mind win a league ? the lads in question here have brought their clubs back to Premier football which has to be classed as success of sorts , you could say Mayfield are improving every year since they came up so it probably justifies the management team staying on .
Look at how many managers the Hall have gone through in recent years , have they really been successful by making all those changes to their management ? I would have to say not .
If the hall players and manager had half the heart and passion for their club as the Leeds and mayfield lads have they would have won alot more over last few years

shetland
14/11/2011, 11:55 AM
the likes of leeds and mayfield will be up and down like yo yos year in year out chiefscout,thats why the very good players move to other clubs after youths.come on their are no teams around anymore who stick to strictly local. if you want to be successfull you have to branch out.thats why the top teams are.

Chiefscout
14/11/2011, 2:55 PM
the likes of leeds and mayfield will be up and down like yo yos year in year out chiefscout,thats why the very good players move to other clubs after youths.come on their are no teams around anymore who stick to strictly local. if you want to be successfull you have to branch out.thats why the top teams are.

Between the aul job and the Leeds and mayfield jobs you seem to have a fierce problem with managers.im sure if your track record wasn't so bad you'd have a chance of getting a chance at running one of these teams

shetland
14/11/2011, 9:34 PM
chief scout my track record aint half bad not that you would no much about it, but as usual you get your gander up at anything that you dont agree with.i voiced my oppinion about two clubs that should be doing better than they are.,you go on about locals. i bet not one team around the county has 11 locals..scout as has been said on this site before ,you know everything and every clubs affairs and who cares what anyone else thinks. oppinions oppinions.we are all entitled to them.

Chiefscout
14/11/2011, 10:19 PM
chief scout my track record aint half bad not that you would no much about it, but as usual you get your gander up at anything that you dont agree with.i voiced my oppinion about two clubs that should be doing better than they are.,you go on about locals. i bet not one team around the county has 11 locals..scout as has been said on this site before ,you know everything and every clubs affairs and who cares what anyone else thinks. oppinions oppinions.we are all entitled to them.It's opinions 😊...I'm all for opinions,and your dead right to voice yours.same as I'm entitled to disagree with you.ill back up any player or manager that sticks with their club through good times and bad...never said I knew everything,just know more than other people 😃😃😃

mayfield utd
15/11/2011, 12:25 AM
I agree mayfield have no chance of winning the league with 3 or 4 of their players only junior players,the rest only average senior players,brosnan up front should stick to the gaa,the fella they have on goal in the absence of albert is attrocious,i think they will finish 7th,avondale grinding out another 1 nil aswell,we are looking at the champions elect there i feel!i'm never one to knock our lads,but i have to agree with you about brosy playing up front,good centre half but a poor striker,i don't know why he plays him up there when he has the likes of triggs and dave warren to partner macbride

el nino coro
15/11/2011, 12:30 AM
i'm never one to knock our lads,but i have to agree with you about brosy playing up front,good centre half but a poor striker,i don't know why he plays him up there when he has the likes of triggs and dave warren to partner macbride

Is howard coakley gone?

the hawk
15/11/2011, 12:57 PM
Is howard coakley gone?

signing for the hall as far i have heard.Taught you would have known that Gambo

Chiefscout
15/11/2011, 1:27 PM
signing for the hall as far i have heard.Taught you would have known that Gambo

Is this the same player that left mayfield preseason to go to the hall but left to rejoin mayfield because couldn't hack it with the hall?....

el nino coro
15/11/2011, 2:33 PM
Ian stapleton to rockmount next month

magpie
15/11/2011, 6:25 PM
Ian stapleton to rockmount next month

wake up man, more silly rumors(this forum is becoming an online tabloid,where do you hear this ****), he's going no where, he's prob the most loyal guy i've met, he's going nowhere till the end of the season at least.

Chiefscout
15/11/2011, 6:49 PM
wake up man, more silly rumors(this forum is becoming an online tabloid,where do you hear this ****), he's going no where, he's prob the most loyal guy i've met, he's going nowhere till the end of the season at least.
This guy would walk onto every team in the msl but can back up magpie story and tell you that he going to see out the season with Midleton.avondale and the hall are trying to turn his head though

Mighty almighty
15/11/2011, 8:42 PM
why in gods name would ian stapleton go all the way up to rockmount to go chasing balls like a headless chicken for one of the worst footballing teams in the league,a player that looks to play the game properly and get the ball down and pass it.if he's going to move it will atleast b a football team......dont c a move till next year though.

mayfield utd
15/11/2011, 8:52 PM
signing for the hall as far i have heard.Taught you would have known that Gamboi heard he was training with the hall,i don't know if he has signed with them

Glenbuck
16/11/2011, 10:50 AM
why in gods name would ian stapleton go all the way up to rockmount to go chasing balls like a headless chicken for one of the worst footballing teams in the league,a player that looks to play the game properly and get the ball down and pass it.if he's going to move it will atleast b a football team......dont c a move till next year though.Doubcha boy !! ha ha

footiefanatic
16/11/2011, 11:30 AM
why in gods name would ian stapleton go all the way up to rockmount to go chasing balls like a headless chicken for one of the worst footballing teams in the league,a player that looks to play the game properly and get the ball down and pass it.if he's going to move it will atleast b a football team......dont c a move till next year though.

i suppose he would be better off going to douglas hall, play beautiful football and win absolutely nothing!! Rather than chasing long ball day and night up in rockmount and challenge for trophys year in, year out. Douglas look a team that are on a slide, would be a mistake for him to join them i think.

el nino coro
16/11/2011, 2:02 PM

Mark my words there has already been contact between both parties and he is most likely to sign for the mount,this time next month you all will be saying i was right,huge loss for midleton it would spell the end of their premier status for sure!

Mighty almighty
16/11/2011, 4:14 PM
i agree with you about douglas being in decline...i also agree with you about rockmount being title contenders year in year out....but i believe this isnt going to last much longer either,my opinion about stapleton,why would you sign for a club if your not going to enjoy urself playing in the team week in week out...ive seen midleton play this year they try to play the right way,to be honest i think midleton/avondale/douglas best footballing teams in league,and also i think midleton are two top players away from being real contenders in the future,but for me avondale will dominate the next five years!

Goggs
16/11/2011, 5:22 PM
well my little mexican friend we havnt crossed swords in a while but I have it from the horses mouth Rockmount would be the last team he would sign for in Cork.If hes to move teams it would be to play at a higher level Cork City or Cobh this guy is one of the most loyal you could meet and hes happy playing Friday night football in front of 200 plus people week in week out he is loved by his team mates and supporters alike.

el nino coro
16/11/2011, 5:29 PM
well my little mexican friend we havnt crossed swords in a while but I have it from the horses mouth Rockmount would be the last team he would sign for in Cork.If hes to move teams it would be to play at a higher level Cork City or Cobh this guy is one of the most loyal you could meet and hes happy playing Friday night football in front of 200 plus people week in week out he is loved by his team mates and supporters alike.

It came from a very good source with it being a rockmount player and he confirmed a phone call took place and the deal was 90% going to go through,plenty can happen in the mean time and he might never leave but im only passing on info,people on this can either take it in on this or turn a blind eye to it!

Chiefscout
16/11/2011, 6:45 PM
I know for a fact that the lad is working with Avondale and hall players who are trying and at the moment failing to get the lad to sign with them.he just wants to play football and last thing he wants to do is leave Midleton because he is loyal to them.but don't think he will stay if they go down...no chance he will sign with a northside team.none whatsoever

el nino coro
16/11/2011, 7:01 PM
I know for a fact that the lad is working with Avondale and hall players who are trying and at the moment failing to get the lad to sign with them.he just wants to play football and last thing he wants to do is leave Midleton because he is loyal to them.but don't think he will stay if they go down...no chance he will sign with a northside team.none whatsoever

Chief you dont know everything at all man,if midleton dont sort out their problems he is a dead cert to sign for rockmount unless avondale or hall can prize him away with a few bob!

Chiefscout
16/11/2011, 8:49 PM
Rockmount 2 hall 1