PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

townhall tez
29/10/2011, 5:56 PM
watched the keane cup game today between college and mayfield,good game on a sticky pitch. Corinthians just about edged it and deserved their win. Both teams rested first team regulars.

Chiefscout
29/10/2011, 7:57 PM
Saw Blarney last night for a team who are suppose to be title contenders they

looked seriously unfit they were out played and outfought in every area of the pitch they had a lad up front who
was at least 2 stone over weight there fitness coach should be hung drawn and quartered.that center forward your on about ,did he score?.has he more msl medals than rest of players on show combined?...age catches up,class never leaves

villaman10
29/10/2011, 9:42 PM
that center forward your on about ,did he score?.has he more msl medals than rest of players on show combined?...age catches up,class never leaves

very touchy chief, is the fella you are talking bout one of your'e old mary's buddies?? :-) were you at the match, what did you make of the blarney ''supporter's'' abusing the linesman and ref during the game?? the fella who jumped the fence waving his arms mad at the linesman was a disgrace!!never saw anything in my life like that before!! shame as the game was played in a good spirit between players and management! just wondering on your'e perspective!!

villaman10
30/10/2011, 7:49 AM
avondale douglas is still on i presume??

AvondaleNutter
30/10/2011, 8:14 AM
that center forward your on about ,did he score?.has he more msl medals than rest of players on show combined?...age catches up,class never leaves

Easy tiger

Chiefscout
30/10/2011, 11:06 AM
very touchy chief, is the fella you are talking bout one of your'e old mary's

buddies?? :-) were you at the match, what did you make of the blarney ''supporter's'' abusing the linesman

and ref during the game?? the fella who jumped the fence waving his arms mad at the linesman was a

disgrace!!never saw anything in my life like that before!! shame as the game was played in a good spirit

between players and management! just wondering on your'e perspective!!ex-castleview mate!!..ya,was at game.have to say was surprised how well Midleton played.blarney lucky,very lucky to get a point..carry on from the sideline was a disgrace

Billynomates
30/10/2011, 11:59 AM
Avondale 4-1 Douglas Hall

townhall tez
30/10/2011, 12:06 PM
scoreline flatters avondale,better team won for sure but it was a close contest.

the hawk
30/10/2011, 2:28 PM
scoreline flatters avondale,better team won for sure but it was a close contest.

i'll agree tez was a close contest but again the halls in-discipline cost them giving away 2 penaltys and getting a man sent off
Hall went 1 up cracker off goal shot from outside of box keeper got a hand but hit cross bar and in ,dale responded nearly straight away when hall s left back took down dale midfielder .comedy of penalty .player struck it down the middle keeper didnt move hot off his knee and went in poor keeping to be honest.2nd was goalkeeping error slid out to receive it hit his knee came to a dale player ut again he didnt dive luckily the dale striker misssed .both sides had chances in first half .halls striker missed a sitter from 10 yards @1-1 ,dale hit cross bar .

2nd half evenly matched when 2nd yellow and red card reduced the hall the ten .3 goals in last 20 minutes giving dale alll 3 points

villaman10
30/10/2011, 4:30 PM
ex-castleview mate!!..ya,was at game.have to say was surprised how well Midleton played.blarney lucky,very lucky to get a point..carry on from the sideline was a disgrace

have to state that it wasn't anyone involved with either blarney or middleton sideline, but blarney's ''fans''!! wasn't a bad tackle in the game to be fair!

villaman10
30/10/2011, 4:35 PM
i'll agree tez was a close contest but again the halls in-discipline cost them giving away 2 penaltys and getting a man sent off
Hall went 1 up cracker off goal shot from outside of box keeper got a hand but hit cross bar and in ,dale responded nearly straight away when hall s left back took down dale midfielder .comedy of penalty .player struck it down the middle keeper didnt move hot off his knee and went in poor keeping to be honest.2nd was goalkeeping error slid out to receive it hit his knee came to a dale player ut again he didnt dive luckily the dale striker misssed .both sides had chances in first half .halls striker missed a sitter from 10 yards @1-1 ,dale hit cross bar .

2nd half evenly matched when 2nd yellow and red card reduced the hall the ten .3 goals in last 20 minutes giving dale alll 3 points

was at the game, what was the 2nd yellow for?? looked a very harsh decision and ruined a very even and good contest! cotter still up to his old tricks, ref's the game on his own, douglas should of given him the 135 euro for the match fee! felt if douglas held on a bit longer to their lead they might of had the better of avondale, but the tackle for the penalty was so stupid, my god what was he thinking??? foxy lad in middle of park for avondale looked a good player in the first half and got the all important 2nd goal that changed the game, dale got 2 more on the break then, not really a 4-1!

Glenbuck
30/10/2011, 11:07 PM
Where was Temple/Bandon played. Bandon 9-2 winners. No one there yesterday at 3 o clock ?????

townhall tez
31/10/2011, 10:00 AM
some great games next week,the Hall need to bounce back from their defeat yesterday but Rockmount away is a tough game in which to do that. Looks like its an early 6 pointer in St. Marys where Midleton are the visitors

Nedge
31/10/2011, 12:32 PM
Been at few games lately in MSL and to be honest, some the standard is brutal, fella s playing who wouldnt get a game for some of the lower AUL teams, the 1st and 2nd division are a joke, very poor teams in poor games, need to start attracting some players from these aul clubs to teams or do all possable for these top aul teams to be part of the senior league. anybody agree?

villaman10
31/10/2011, 3:11 PM
Been at few games lately in MSL and to be honest, some the standard is brutal, fella s playing who wouldnt get a game for some of the lower AUL teams, the 1st and 2nd division are a joke, very poor teams in poor games, need to start attracting some players from these aul clubs to teams or do all possable for these top aul teams to be part of the senior league. anybody agree?

if its that bad why bother going to them??think we forget some times that the lads playing are giving a huge commitment towards training and playing on a sunday morning, where also they curb their social life to stay in and be fresh for their games! out of all the players in the the premier,1st and 2nd division only a small % get any real reward i.e title's, cup run's! for some they are just happy to be playing at any level, if you want to see ''great'' players go to turners cross or anfield! but am sure you'd probably find fault their soon enough aswell!!
end of my rant!!!!!

footiefanatic
31/10/2011, 5:28 PM
Sorry Nedge, but have to totally disagree with you. Your talking about the standard of teams in the first division and 2nd division being poor, and that some players wouldnt make it on to lower AUL teams. Firstly, isn't only recently that the best of the AUL were beaten 2-0, and beaten well by the Munster junior team. JUNIOR!!! Also, nothing against them, but Kinsale have been one of the most successful teams in the AUL in recent years. But from seing them play last year (haven't seen them play this year) they played a very poor brand of football, just big high ball up top, that seemed to beat most teams. Also Compare lower league MSL teams progress in national cups (intermediate) to AUL in FAI junior...I can't remember the last time an AUL team got to the final 4 of the junior cup, whereas you have the likes of Youghal (MSL division 2) who made it to the 1/4 finals of intermediate cup last year. Also we have seen the likes of Mallow knock out rockmount and Avondale in the Keane cup, And the likes of Bandon and carrigaline who are flying in the first division after promotion last season from the 2nd division. From the matches i have seen this year, the standard of players and football is as good as its ever been in the lower msl divisions, and is continuing to improve.

Nedge
31/10/2011, 7:00 PM
Firstly @ villaman, im not questioning players commitment, the commitment is there for all to see, just making the point that it would be great to see all the best players in cork, play in the top league. Just been dissapointed this year with teams being puleed from league and lets face it, alot of teams put together withh GAA players(who will most likely vanish come Jan or Feb).

@Footiefanatic, perhaps i should have been a bit clearer, meant it just to some teams who appear thrown together, Kinsale are the Rockmount of the AUl and actually do play football when they can but they know its all bout result in the end of the day. Was not at the Mallow games but from what i hear, both teams were missing alot when they played Mallow, secondly if the Aul team was to play MSL juniors again, guarentee they would win, was just an off night. Agree that Bandon and Carrigaline are doing well and im delighted to see that. Would love to see more teams with that quality playing more often

Sparky
31/10/2011, 9:03 PM
The Teams in the AUL would not survive in the MSL Premier Division - NO WAY. Leeds, Midleton, Marys, Corinthians etc who are tipped to go down this year are far better than Aul Premier teams. The AUL team had their chance to win last week and didn't.

I was at Douglas Hall and Avondale last Sunday and fair play to both teams for always getting the ball down, great game to be fair. I want to add that I thought Thomas Long (Referee) had a brilliant game. There is a previous comment about John Cotter dictating the game verbally but I must say Thomas was fair and solid with decisions. He booked Cotter early and took control of the game. He put up with an awful lot of abuse and I want to make a point that we are all the first to criticise referees but I thought he was spot on. He was right with both penalties and UNFORTUNATELY Prout had to go but no malice in his challenges. Well done referee.

el nino coro
01/11/2011, 6:02 AM
The Teams in the AUL would not survive in the MSL Premier Division - NO WAY. Leeds, Midleton, Marys, Corinthians etc who are tipped to go down this year are far better than Aul Premier teams. The AUL team had their chance to win last week and didn't.

I was at Douglas Hall and Avondale last Sunday and fair play to both teams for always getting the ball down, great game to be fair. I want to add that I thought Thomas Long (Referee) had a brilliant game. There is a previous comment about John Cotter dictating the game verbally but I must say Thomas was fair and solid with decisions. He booked Cotter early and took control of the game. He put up with an awful lot of abuse and I want to make a point that we are all the first to criticise referees but I thought he was spot on. He was right with both penalties and UNFORTUNATELY Prout had to go but no malice in his challenges. Well done referee.

prout is only a junior player............

code red
01/11/2011, 8:30 AM
Credit has to go to Midleton. For a team in trouble and badly needing a win, they fought like demons down there and should ahve won the game without question.
I'd have to disagree with your comment about fitness goggs.Blarney put in a big 90 mins.At some stages from what I could see, it was 1 against 3 in the middle of midfield but they kept going and after playing poorly for 75 mins, they could have won it in the end.
The reason for the disgruntled Blarney fans on the sideline was fairlyy obvious to anyone down watching the game.The ref and the linesman on the far side where a disgrace.At 1 all, a midleton player had got treatment so had to go off.Blarney had the ball while he was off the pitch and were breaking down the right.Just as the right winger got the ball, the linesman (Midleton local I believe) left the Midleton player back on the pitch exactly where Blarney were breaking.He just interceipted the ball and went down and Midleton scored.This was just one in a series of terrible decisions from all officials.
Midleton should have also got a stone wall spotter at the end.
Midleton will be ok if they keep fighting like that.

townhall tez
01/11/2011, 12:53 PM
On the subject of the standard of football i think it isnt too bad,teams play different styles and some are better to watch than others. I am pretty new to watching the msl but what i have noticed is a lot of people seem to go to matches just to knock teams. There is a roundy lad(i wont mention names!)down mallow way who has a go at officials and both teams every week! Another guy i noticed is a lad with a tash up at college games who just slates the team from start to finish,he has the corinthians tracksuit on in all sure! Surely they can find something else to do on a sunday morning!!! I suppose all clubs have one or two eejits!

el nino coro
01/11/2011, 1:08 PM
Malcolm stokes and martin cambridge taking over the hall next year and gareth cambridge to be their first signing all coming from the horses mouth

el nino coro
01/11/2011, 1:40 PM
Paul Feehan in charge out in st marys after manager jacked it in,not a good sign for the club,huge game this weekend i know its early but whoever loses the st marys v midleton game is destined for the drop

six-yard-box
01/11/2011, 2:07 PM
Heard manager jacked it in Saturday alright. Why fleezer in charge tho? Surely more experienced guys out there available both in and outside the club! Should hear more about this tonight might have been a knee jerk reaction after Saturdays embarrassing show

el nino coro
01/11/2011, 2:19 PM
Heard manager jacked it in Saturday alright. Why fleezer in charge tho? Surely more experienced guys out there available both in and outside the club! Should hear more about this tonight might have been a knee jerk reaction after Saturdays embarrassing show

Strange appointment alright not too sure of the going ons out there just passing on the info,wonder what players will end up leaving after this,i wudnt imagine there are any very good players out there anyway the way they have started off the season!

six-yard-box
01/11/2011, 2:27 PM
Well if it's true I'd imagine cooney and jp will head to castleview we'll know more tonight anyway heard there's a crisis meeting out there tonight

el nino coro
01/11/2011, 2:42 PM
Well if it's true I'd imagine cooney and jp will head to castleview we'll know more tonight anyway heard there's a crisis meeting out there tonight

Not a good sign for a club in the relegation zone,we are playing ourselves saturday its a shame because i would have liked to go to kilcully to watch the 6 pointer

Fantasista
01/11/2011, 2:44 PM
Credit has to go to Midleton. For a team in trouble and badly needing a win, they fought like demons down there and should ahve won the game without question.
I'd have to disagree with your comment about fitness goggs.Blarney put in a big 90 mins.At some stages from what I could see, it was 1 against 3 in the middle of midfield but they kept going and after playing poorly for 75 mins, they could have won it in the end.
The reason for the disgruntled Blarney fans on the sideline was fairlyy obvious to anyone down watching the game.The ref and the linesman on the far side where a disgrace.At 1 all, a midleton player had got treatment so had to go off.Blarney had the ball while he was off the pitch and were breaking down the right.Just as the right winger got the ball, the linesman (Midleton local I believe) left the Midleton player back on the pitch exactly where Blarney were breaking.He just interceipted the ball and went down and Midleton scored.This was just one in a series of terrible decisions from all officials.
Midleton should have also got a stone wall spotter at the end.
Midleton will be ok if they keep fighting like that.

Funnily enough you seem top forget the free kick which the ''midleton'' linesman gave to blarney for what seemed to me to be no reason and which was less than 3 yards away from me also on the subject of the blarney supporters they were nothing short of a disgrace in the way they carried out there threatening and near violent behavior to the linesman no place in the game for it no exceptions, no doubt just a bad bunch of supporters out of a great and respectable club

Chiefscout
01/11/2011, 3:22 PM
Not a good sign for a club in the relegation zone,we are playing ourselves

saturday its a shame because i would have liked to go to kilcully to watch the 6 pointerI'd say you be safe enough Saturday to watch the 6 pointer because people in the know tell me that you won't be playing any match...shame to see a big club like Marys in such a shambles but have a feeling they will bounce back..were they in same situation last season?

Chiefscout
01/11/2011, 3:28 PM
Well if it's true I'd imagine cooney and jp will head to castleview we'll know more tonight anyway heard there's a crisis meeting out there tonighthopefully .Jp be a great signing for castleview

six-yard-box
01/11/2011, 3:48 PM
I'd say you be safe enough Saturday to watch the 6 pointer because people in the know tell me that you won't be playing any match...shame to see a big club like Marys in such a shambles but have a feeling they will bounce back..were they in same situation last season?

Ya you singlehandedly dragged them to safety sure :)

el nino coro
01/11/2011, 3:57 PM
Ya you singlehandedly dragged them to safety sure :)

The revival last year was because of six yards impact when he joined at christmas,no one to get them out of the hole there in this time!

Shilts
02/11/2011, 1:59 PM
The Teams in the AUL would not survive in the MSL Premier Division - NO WAY. Leeds, Midleton, Marys, Corinthians etc who are tipped to go down this year are far better than Aul Premier teams. I was at Douglas Hall and Avondale last Sunday and fair play to both teams for always getting the ball down, great game to be fair. I want to add that .

The AUL teams would not be applying to get into the MSL Senior Division.
The top AUL teams would perform very well in the 2nd and 1st Divisions MSL though.

As for MSL Juniors beating the aul team.
It might be better to look at the AUL club games v MSL club games
Kinsale beat Douglas Hall juniors comfortably in the MFA Junior Champions Cup
Wilton beat Rockmount and Carrigaline juniors easily I think in other cups.

The top AUL sides are better than MSL junior sides most seasons.
AUL teams would improve the 2nd and 1st divisions of the MSL.
There are plenty of MSL teams who are "disguised" as senior teams at the moment.
These teams can not be relegated to the AUL.
This is wrong.

AUL teams do not do as well in the FAI Jun Cup as the top MSL teams do in the FAI Intermediate Cup for a number of reasons.
The quality at the business end of these two competitions is very comparable.
Pike Rovers, Carrick Utd, St. Michaels would do very well in the Intermediate Cup for example.
AUL teams are not at this level - to improve they would need to play better teams every week - in the MSL Senior Divisions for instance.
Also by going senior it would help prevent senior teams poaching our better players.

Please remember where the majority of MSL Senior teams have come from - The Cork AUL.
Rockmount, Avondale, Blarney, St Marys, Castleview, Douglas Hall, Mayfield etc etc

six-yard-box
02/11/2011, 2:55 PM
Nail head and all that jazz there shilts great post.

Two Touch
02/11/2011, 3:04 PM
The top AUL teams would perform very well in the 2nd and 1st Divisions MSL though.

Kinsale beat Douglas Hall juniors confortably
Wilton beat Rockmount and Carrigaline juniors easily I think.

There are plenty of MSL teams who are "disguised" as senior teams at the moment.
This is wrong.

AUL teams do not do as well in the FAI Jun Cup as the top MSL teams do in the FAI Intermediate Cup for a number of reasons.
Pike Rovers, Carrick Utd, St. Michaels would do very well in the Intermediate Cup for example.
AUL teams are not at this level - to improve they would need to play better teams every week - in the MSL Senior Divisions for instance.
Also by going senior it would help prevent senior teams poaching our better players.

Please remember where the majority of MSL Senior teams have come from - The Cork AUL.
Rockmount, Avondale, Blarney, St Marys, Castleview, Douglas Hall, Mayfield etc etc

Good Post Shilts. Do you think many AUL Teams look to get into MSL each year? I only ask as it seems to be obvious, this season especially, that there are a few teams struggling to to put out teams in the MSL.

six-yard-box
02/11/2011, 3:22 PM
Heard a rumour that 4 have applied to go senior leeside kinsale butttevant and park. Msl apparantly would welcome more they wouldn't mind going with 3 12 team leagues!!

Shilts
02/11/2011, 4:13 PM
Good Post Shilts. Do you think many AUL Teams look to get into MSL each year? I only ask as it seems to be obvious, this season especially, that there are a few teams struggling to to put out teams in the MSL.

There has been a 5 year ban on teams transfering from AUL to MSL.
This was put in place when the AUL and MSL youth leagues joined up 5 years back (for some reason :confused:).
This ban will be lifted this year, I think, and there will be a few clubs looking to move to the MSL.

Candidates:
Park United from Mitchelstown
Buttevant
and Innishvilla all have great facilities

Leeside
Wilton United
and Kinsale are consistently the best teams

However, your guess is as good as mine as to who will actually apply.

But I think that some type of automatic promotion/relegation system should be put in place to ensure that the best teams always have an opportunity to rise to the top and crap teams/clubs do not retain their senior status just by showing up!!!

Goggs
02/11/2011, 4:35 PM

Kinsale beat Douglas Hall juniors comfortably in the MFA Junior Champions Cup
Wilton beat Rockmount and Carrigaline juniors easily I think in other cups.

This is wrong.

That post brought a tear to my eye.
Simply Beautiful Shilts

TempleMan
02/11/2011, 9:25 PM
it was played in bandon, game was supposed to be played in temple park 2weeks ago but bandon cancelled and temples pitch wasnt playable as it wasnt lined i was told. so the game was scheduled to be played in temple this time but again the pitch was wrecked from weather so it was changed at d last minute to bandons pitch, and i mean LAST MINUTE. it was changed about 1pm for a 3pm kick off

Shilts
03/11/2011, 4:38 PM
The MSL in the past have stopped teams going up because their facilities are not good enough.
Buttevant's facilities are as good as ANY in the MSL but then ability is questioned.

By the way, Kinsale's "field" is as good a playing surface as any in the MSL.
You obviously haven't been down for a spin in the last few years!!!

Leeside, Wilton and Kinsale would handle themselves very well in the Senior 1st Div.
Of course they would have to start in the 2nd but none of those 3 clubs would fear the present 2nd Div "senior teams".

I've played MSL Senior Prem and 1st as well as AUL Prem so I have a fair idea of what is required at each level.

Also, congrats to Bandon who are doing so well recently as you mentioned.
Six of their players have won AUL Prem medals in the past...with Kinsale :)

Radiostar
03/11/2011, 4:56 PM
I would love to see the opportunity for Junior teams to play senior, it would make sense for there to be one organisation (AUL) to run junior football in Cork and another (MSL) to run the senior football, and it does make sense for Junior teams to be able to get promoted to senior football and for senior teams to be relegated to junior football. Facilities can always be rented to make sure they are up to Senior football quality. But the liklihood of that happening is probably zero!

Innishvilla
04/11/2011, 7:19 AM
Facilities can always be rented to make sure they are up to Senior football quality. But the liklihood of that happening is probably zero!

Some of the ideas are good radiostar - but I think one of the major point the MSL insist on is that a club is not renting their pitch.

kinsale would be although their 'field' and dressinroom facilities are shocking....

Way off there red&white - Kinsales pitch and facilities are first class - it must be a good few years since you passed Charlesfort...

Silly Billy G
04/11/2011, 9:13 AM
The MSL in the past have stopped teams going up because their facilities are not good enough.
Buttevant's facilities are as good as ANY in the MSL but then ability is questioned.

By the way, Kinsale's "field" is as good a playing surface as any in the MSL.
You obviously haven't been down for a spin in the last few years!!!

Leeside, Wilton and Kinsale would handle themselves very well in the Senior 1st Div.
Of course they would have to start in the 2nd but none of those 3 clubs would fear the present 2nd Div "senior teams".

I've played MSL Senior Prem and 1st as well as AUL Prem so I have a fair idea of what is required at each level.

Also, congrats to Bandon who are doing so well recently as you mentioned.
Six of their players have won AUL Prem medals in the past...with Kinsale :)

They are playing Blarney this weekend so be a good test for Blarney, Blarney scraped past them in the intermediate cup after extra time.
I genuinely dont think there is a huge difference between AUL top teams and the MSL senior premier teams, i played both and went from AUL to MSL 1st division with Blarney. The biggest challenge for teams like Kinsale, Leeside etc is having to bring their A game every week, there are genuinely no easy games in the MSL premier and if you take anything for granted your onto a loser. I'd imagine in the AUL Prem there are a few handy fixtures and when they are so dominant, esp in Kinsales case it might be easy to take some results for granted.

Every game up MSL premier is like a cup final in terms of standard and attitude i found. You need to be performing and have the correct attitude no matter who your playing or else your beaten. Rockmount, Avondale have dominated it for so long it is hard to see any teams from the AUL challenging these teams anytime soon. Even Blarney, Douglas Hall, Marys (up to this season anyway), have taken sometime to build themselves up to be in a position to challenge the big two.

Chiefscout
04/11/2011, 1:27 PM
This is directed at glenbuck...are you in agreement with your teams manager ringing other teams players asking them to sign in January while the season is in full swing and no other manager would do so?...a certain am poster asked me to ask for your opinion and he reckons it's a complete and utter disgrace

Chiefscout
04/11/2011, 1:42 PM
the aul guys seem to take it as an insult when people mention they are not

msl prem standard..u can argue every other way but nobody knows until it happens..one of games in

football anything can happen but as mentioned in last post week in week out is the test...thats why i reckon the
top top teams in the aul (kinsale wilton) would prob hold their own in msl division one....couple of others
(leeside, blarney st, killumney) may survive in div 1 or be competitive at top of div 2...rest of aul im sorry is mjl

standardAlot of msl teams and good few premier teams would struggle in aul premier.

Reznik
04/11/2011, 3:27 PM
the aul guys seem to take it as an insult when people mention they are not msl prem standard..u can argue every other way but nobody knows until it happens..one of games in football anything can happen but as mentioned in last post week in week out is the test...thats why i reckon the top top teams in the aul (kinsale wilton) would prob hold their own in msl division one....couple of others (leeside, blarney st, killumney) may survive in div 1 or be competitive at top of div 2...rest of aul im sorry is mjl standard

Ahhh. The age old arguement of MSL and AUL. Its simple for me if some aul players feel insulted about the topic they have two choices.
1. Accept your club isn't able or dont want to contest in a superior league.
2. Leave your club and join a MSL team if you think you are good enough.
Personally i feel the MSL is the best amateur league in the country. If Avondale played Kinsale 100 times you could probabaly count Kinsales wins in 1 hand...

Glenbuck
04/11/2011, 4:58 PM
When I have more concrete evidence from a more reliable poster I will let you know. Is the transfer window not open at the start of December ??? Pardon my naivity ! As I have said before they are all big boys.. no one is handcuffed and dragged kickin and screaming to Whitechurch or to Douglas or Avondale. Talking to the gaffer later... must set my reminder on mobile phone to ask him about your post "scout"...

overthehill
04/11/2011, 7:15 PM
Chief.. surprised you havent been first with the breaking news of the week......... Hoggy gone from Avondale to join the army!! Major loss to club and the league.

razor
04/11/2011, 8:32 PM
Mount won 2-1 with a penalty at the death
Didn't hear if it was controversial :D

six-yard-box
04/11/2011, 9:17 PM
Looked a spotter anyway but I was on the far side!! Tempo to the game was quick from the start. Rockmount should have lead at half time. Hall went 1 up with an absolute clanger from Brendan dont know what he was up to. Long free kick which Ross won for buttsy to tap in. Then a free kick was awarded Douglas hall player kicked it buttsy intercepted it and walked it into the net. It was a bit like nani against spurs few years ago. Linesman disallowed tho. Alan o Connor went on a run and got brought down. Gareth was haunted with the spotter. I felt a draw would have been the fair result.