PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

Clifford
16/10/2011, 10:46 AM
I'll have to admit that pitch does look awful...

Even the wanderers lad next to Kurt is looking at it in disbelief. :-)

BalagueFC
16/10/2011, 7:26 PM
Mount looked very good yesterday in the second half. But saying that cors didn't look great. Big difference in quality. Not enough senior prem players there yet.

Ringmahon are really struggling. Doesn't look like promotion is possible already. Surprised by Bandon

balls
16/10/2011, 8:15 PM
the cobh lads in the photo are standing in some straight line. straight as an arrow accross the pitch

Reznik
16/10/2011, 9:01 PM
the cobh lads in the photo are standing in some straight line. straight as an arrow accross the pitch

I'd imagine they are setting up for a goal kick. Unless of course they're playing 8 at the back...Haha

townhall tez
18/10/2011, 3:21 PM
i was at the rockmount game saturday and i cant believe no one has mentioned the referrees performance.He didnt give college a blatant penalty at 1-0 when he was only two yards away from it but worse than that was what happened after. He booked a rockmount player who then told him to f**k off! The ref went to book him a second time but then stopped,how could he take that abuse? He looked intimidated by the situation to be honest. Rockmount then took the player off. This surely effected the game. What happened in the last ten minutes was a college collapse but by that stage they should have been 2 up against ten men!!!! I now know what people are on about on this forum when they say rockmount get looked after!!! Ithink the player was captain too,a big center half. Dont know who the ref was but he must be new to that level of football.

el nino coro
19/10/2011, 11:59 AM
i was at the rockmount game saturday and i cant believe no one has mentioned the referrees performance.He didnt give college a blatant penalty at 1-0 when he was only two yards away from it but worse than that was what happened after. He booked a rockmount player who then told him to f**k off! The ref went to book him a second time but then stopped,how could he take that abuse? He looked intimidated by the situation to be honest. Rockmount then took the player off. This surely effected the game. What happened in the last ten minutes was a college collapse but by that stage they should have been 2 up against ten men!!!! I now know what people are on about on this forum when they say rockmount get looked after!!! Ithink the player was captain too,a big center half. Dont know who the ref was but he must be new to that level of football.

That rockmount squad id the worst in 15 years,i was at the game myself and the ref was nothing short of a disgrace i know who he is but dont want to mention hes name one here an absolute disgrace! Any other team in the league and that player would have seen red,a blatent insult to himself and he just chose to ignore it,im almost certain i seen accessors at the game so the ref should be dealt with in due course!

Chiefscout
19/10/2011, 12:42 PM
That rockmount squad id the worst in 15 years,i was at the game myself and the ref was nothing short of a disgrace i know who he is but dont want to mention hes name one here an absolute disgrace! Any other team in the league and that player would have seen red,a blatent insult to himself and he just chose to ignore it,im almost certain i seen accessors at the game so the ref should be dealt with in due course!
How dare you coro .you know,I know and now townhall knows what goes on on the league and nothing ever going to change...ps I'm interested to see what glenbuck has to say.same old babble I presume on how we are all wrong

townhall tez
19/10/2011, 12:57 PM
just been told that the ref for rockmounts game this friday is another lower grade one. Seems strong refs dont get rockmount games.

BalagueFC
19/10/2011, 3:54 PM
Why do people seem surprised by this? It is all part of playing Rockmount, you have to raise your game that bit higher because if they don’t outplay you they will get that extra help because all the referees know the starting 11 on a first name basis.

go for gold
19/10/2011, 7:09 PM
cors should of had pen alright but mount should of had a blatant pen also in first half when al o connor was tackled from behind in box but ye forgot to mention that.these things even themselves out over the course of season.at the end of the day cors were a shambles in second half and their management looked out of their depth.looked liked conceeding everytime mount attacked.rockmounts wingers had a field day and thats the reason they lost not the ref.mount will have hoey philly ross back soon and will surely strengthen their team.if mount win fri they will be top and be after having a much better start than last year and we all know how that ended up.marys and midleton to be relegated in my opinion.would like to see all your picks.

townhall tez
19/10/2011, 10:33 PM
Amazing how Go for gold totally avoided the issue being discussed,that being how the rockmount lad behaved. Then again i suppose the ref on the day avoided it too!

Glenbuck
20/10/2011, 11:12 AM
Back again with ye lads after a bit of illness. Thanks for all the well wishes anyway. ha ha. Missed the last 2 games due to trip to Barca and the auld lay up. Firstly I am only picking up bits and pieces from 2 games. Club totally dissapointed with early exit from intermediate cup. Good luck to Everton in future rounds. Secondly delighted with turnaround with result v Corinthians. From what I hear Alan had a few harsh words to say at half time and it seemed to work. As for the ref, I think every club has had a prob sometime or other with him. Why is it everytime Mount win a game its because of a helping hand from refs. As for the ref this Friday.. he is a grade one for a few years now and has been reffing MSL every second year for the same time. When I come on here to defend MY club I dont disguise my loyalty for my club. To Chiefscout.. why dont you just come out and tell those not in the picture that you are a St Marys man with a big mouth and a case of small mans syndrome. Enjoy the weekend lads.

Glenbuck
20/10/2011, 11:15 AM
Your obviously new to football and the forum

Chiefscout
20/10/2011, 11:26 AM
Back again with ye lads after a bit of illness. Thanks for all the well wishes anyway. ha ha. Missed the last 2 games due to trip to Barca and the auld lay up. Firstly I am only picking up bits and pieces from 2 games. Club totally dissapointed with early exit from intermediate cup. Good luck to Everton in future rounds. Secondly delighted with turnaround with result v Corinthians. From what I hear Alan had a few harsh words to say at half time and it seemed to work. As for the ref, I think every club has had a prob sometime or other with him. Why is it everytimMount win a game its because of a helping hand from refs. As for the ref this Friday.. he is a grade one for a few years now and has been reffing MSL every second year for the same time. When I come on here to defend MY club I dont disguise my loyalty for my club. To Chiefscout.. why dont you just come out and tell those not in the picture that you are a St Marys man with a big mouth and a case of small mans syndrome. Enjoy the weekend lads.must really be wrecking your head that you don't know who I am and think I'm someone I'm not...as for your defending of your club.it borders comical at times.doesn't take even a blinkered person to admit that ye have some refs intimidated and on yer side before and during matches...hope your feeling better after your illness and keep guessing.ye are getting closer.haha

Chiefscout
20/10/2011, 11:36 AM
cors should of had pen alright but mount should of had a blatant pen also in first half when al o connor was tackled from behind in box but ye forgot to mention that.these things even themselves out over the course of season.at the end of the day cors were a shambles in second half and their management looked out of their depth.looked liked conceeding everytime mount attacked.rockmounts wingers had a field day and thats the reason they lost not the ref.mount will have hoey philly ross back soon and will surely strengthen their team.if mount win fri they will be top and be after having a much better start than last year and we all know how that ended up.marys and midleton to be relegated in my opinion.would like to see all your picks.I reckon two from four.Marys,Leeds,Midleton and Corinthians.tough one to call as it is to chose a winner of the league

Chiefscout
20/10/2011, 12:37 PM
Your obviously new to football and the forumYour obviously new to football judging by your standing in the weekly predictions...and here's another prediction for you.dodgy penalty for mount tomorrow night

footiefanatic
20/10/2011, 2:22 PM
Gotta say Rockmount do get a lot of slack or supposedly getting ''a helping hand'' from referees, i have only really seen them play in the big games vs the likes of avondale and douglas hall. And in the games i have seen, the refs have been equally bad towards both sets of teams, some appauling decisions for and against rockmount. I think its a matter of refs having more confidence to handle all the ego's that are on show, playing in these big games, and take time in making potentially big decisions. Too many times, there have been 50/50 challenges which could have gone to either side and the ref reacts almost immediately to whichever side shouts loudest and brandishes cards like they are going out of fashion. But to be fair, it goes both ways and Rockmount get as much decisions against them as they get for them.
Just my opinion.

Glenbuck
20/10/2011, 4:38 PM
Closer than what you think

Glenbuck
20/10/2011, 4:41 PM
Seeing that I missed 2 weeks Im not doing too bad....And if its a dodgy pen what do want us to do.... Grow up will ya.

Chiefscout
20/10/2011, 4:47 PM
Closer than what you thinkGrow up will ya.it's a football forum,not a game of guess who...one good bit of news for your team.Gareth cambridge not leaving ye now in the new year

mayfield utd
20/10/2011, 11:52 PM
He booked a rockmount player who then told him to f**k off! The ref went to book him a second time but then stopped,how could he take that abuse? He looked intimidated by the situation to be honest. Rockmount then took the player off.our lads played douglas hall 2 weeks ago and kevin mull got booked for moaning,after the yellow he told the ref to f**k off,and rightly got a straight red.

townhall tez
21/10/2011, 7:44 AM
The ref from the mount game has been down graded for his actions last weekend. This should put an end to the debate.

el nino coro
21/10/2011, 11:40 AM
The ref from the mount game has been down graded for his actions last weekend. This should put an end to the debate.

What further proof do we need?

Chiefscout
21/10/2011, 8:37 PM
Mount 1 Midleton 0..Monty header in 2nd half..terrible game but another 3 points for mount

Glenbuck
21/10/2011, 9:10 PM
Contrary to what the a/m poster says it was not a bad game. Wind was terrible but both teams tried there best to play ball. Well taken goal by Monty. Cant understand who picks man of match. The guy who won it was not even best player on Midleton team. Tubbs for Midleton and Gearoid for Rockmount played very well.

Goggs
21/10/2011, 10:38 PM
Was at Rockmount game thought it was a very good game nothing between the sides Midleton had a good penalty claim turned down the ref blew his whistle everyone thought it was a penalty and he booked the player for diving Rockmount went up the other end and scored from a corner Ref didnt have the balls to give it there seems to be some relultance from MSL refs in treating teams fairly when Rockmount are involved I saw the same treament dished out to Corinthians last week how long more must we wait for a strong official to take a stand the only one ive seen do it is Dan Deady last season.

six-yard-box
21/10/2011, 10:42 PM
Was at Rockmount game thought it was a very good game nothing between the sides Midleton had a good penalty claim turned down the ref blew his whistle everyone thought it was a penalty and he booked the player for diving Rockmount went up the other end and scored from a corner Ref didnt have the balls to give it there seems to be some relultance from MSL refs in treating teams fairly when Rockmount are involved I saw the same treament dished out to Corinthians last week how long more must we wait for a strong official to take a stand the only one ive seen do it is Dan Deady last season. wasnt a penalty he pushed the ball to far knew it and went over exact sme as the rockmount player in first half. who got man of the match glenbuck? wasnt a bad game wind killed it.. how long is john hayes playing with ye?

Glenbuck
22/10/2011, 12:15 AM
wasnt a penalty he pushed the ball to far knew it and went over exact sme as the rockmount player in first half. who got man of the match glenbuck? wasnt a bad game wind killed it.. how long is john hayes playing with ye?Good call. Why do refs have to be main discussion when Mount win. They got nothing off ref tonight. Not a 50-50 went their way. Left side of midfield player won man of match. Was I wrong in saying Tubbs and Gearoid played well. John is signed since start of season. Gaa commitments meant we did not have him until tonite. Rough around the edges but will come good.

Glenbuck
22/10/2011, 12:18 AM
Was at Rockmount game thought it was a very good game nothing between the sides Midleton had a good penalty claim turned down the ref blew his whistle everyone thought it was a penalty and he booked the player for diving Rockmount went up the other end and scored from a corner Ref didnt have the balls to give it there seems to be some relultance from MSL refs in treating teams fairly when Rockmount are involved I saw the same treament dished out to Corinthians last week how long more must we wait for a strong official to take a stand the only one ive seen do it is Dan Deady last season.Whats your view on yellow card for Alan O Connor after 10 minutes. I am just testing your knowledge of the game. Nothing else. It was a joke to tell the truth. "It was an accident" unquote from the ref and still he booked him.

villaman10
22/10/2011, 9:33 AM
was at game taught it was good enough considering the wind,expected more from rockmount though, but the win is all that matters! glenbuck don't remember a bad tackle during the the game from either side but on the incident in the first ten min's alan o'conner smashed his fore arm into midleton's center backs face, would give ye're player the benifet of the doubt that it was accidental but saying that there was contact and so had to be a yellow, jut my view now and i was on that side of the pitch when it happened! man of the match?? monty/ midleton center half( tall fella in the middle) don't know his name! i taught billy had retired??? still roaring at ref's, but at least now he can't get sent off:-)

townhall tez
22/10/2011, 9:34 AM
i wonder how the midleton manager felt about montgomery scoring the winner last night? He was at rockmounts game last week and would have known he should have been serving an automatic ban last night for his behavior in the previous game.....

el nino coro
22/10/2011, 10:40 AM
i wonder how the midleton manager felt about montgomery scoring the winner last night? He was at rockmounts game last week and would have known he should have been serving an automatic ban last night for his behavior in the previous game.....

The ref bottled it last week and you are dead right montgomery should be serving a one match ban at least,but its rockmount what more do ya expect,referees are terrified of the club and their players!

archie
22/10/2011, 4:01 PM
Was at match, Rockmount playing on the break, Midleton trying to walk the ball to the net,Allan's yellow, ya,just about, no malice i'd say, Midleton shaded first half and nothing for it, Rockmount shaded second half and came away with the points, Penalty claims from both sides each half, ref got them right, Man of the match, Left side for Midleton,Dave Stack, no complaints, Ran his socks off, Rockmount got the three points, should be happy with that.

Glenbuck
23/10/2011, 10:37 AM
was at game taught it was good enough considering the wind,expected more from rockmount though, but the win is all that matters! glenbuck don't remember a bad tackle during the the game from either side but on the incident in the first ten min's alan o'conner smashed his fore arm into midleton's center backs face, would give ye're player the benifet of the doubt that it was accidental but saying that there was contact and so had to be a yellow, jut my view now and i was on that side of the pitch when it happened! man of the match?? monty/ midleton center half( tall fella in the middle) don't know his name! i taught billy had retired??? still roaring at ref's, but at least now he can't get sent off:-)Billy is retired but he is still a great clubman. Getting to see more club games at all grades now. No law at shouting if you are a spectator, is there. I am trying to picture you.. as I was on that side of pitch as well....

Glenbuck
23/10/2011, 10:38 AM
i wonder how the midleton manager felt about montgomery scoring the winner last night? He was at rockmounts game last week and would have known he should have been serving an automatic ban last night for his behavior in the previous game.....How do you think he felt?? He was hardly doing cartwheels. If this.. if that. Go away auld dat !!!

Glenbuck
23/10/2011, 10:41 AM
The ref bottled it last week and you are dead right montgomery should be serving a one match ban at least,but its rockmount what more do ya expect,referees are terrified of the club and their players!The box of Kleenex for the biggest bitch of the week goes to El Nino Coro. Your around long enough.. get a grip. Tomas Long did not seem to be too terrified on Friday night.

townhall tez
23/10/2011, 12:19 PM
sorry glenbuck for having an opinion and a say on an open forum. seriously,really sorry i dont agree with your views. i take it all back. sorry.

j-burt
24/10/2011, 4:08 PM
just reading down through the posts there to pass a few minutes and to be honest it makes me wanna gawk!!! the opinions of some people I just cant understand. there's a lot of bitching about incidents when all that really matters is the result at the end of the day. as far as im concerned all the dealings should be done on the pitch and not bitched about afterwards. if monty is acting up then deal with monty on the pitch. if the players on the opposite side dont have enough to stand up to it or have enough class to just beat it then thats their problem. its a tough league to play in..granted theres talent but also an awful lot of mullocking, hard work and trying to get the upper hand albeit by badgering the ref to get the decision to go your own way. some people might say thats not football and thats not the spirit to have but the fact is, if your opponent is doing it, then you gotta do it too or else you can say goodbye to your three points!!! im gonna finish my bitching session with a prediction.... rockmount wont win a league or intermediate cup this season!!!! you can save this message glenbuck ;) at the end of the season, if my prediction isn't true, i'll have a week of praising rockmount on this..

Glenbuck
24/10/2011, 4:22 PM
just reading down through the posts there to pass a few minutes and to be honest it makes me wanna gawk!!! the opinions of some people I just cant understand. there's a lot of bitching about incidents when all that really matters is the result at the end of the day. as far as im concerned all the dealings should be done on the pitch and not bitched about afterwards. if monty is acting up then deal with monty on the pitch. if the players on the opposite side dont have enough to stand up to it or have enough class to just beat it then thats their problem. its a tough league to play in..granted theres talent but also an awful lot of mullocking, hard work and trying to get the upper hand albeit by badgering the ref to get the decision to go your own way. some people might say thats not football and thats not the spirit to have but the fact is, if your opponent is doing it, then you gotta do it too or else you can say goodbye to your three points!!! im gonna finish my bitching session with a prediction.... rockmount wont win a league or intermediate cup this season!!!! you can save this message glenbuck ;) at the end of the season, if my prediction isn't true, i'll have a week of praising rockmount on this..No prob kid, seeing that we are out of Intermediete cup for last 2 weeks I dont think there is a chance of us winning it but we will battle away in the lge and you would never know. By the way thats the Mount out of the way who do you think will win Cup and Lge. Great post though.

AvondaleNutter
24/10/2011, 5:28 PM
just reading down through the posts there to pass a few minutes and to be honest it makes me wanna gawk!!! the opinions of some people I just cant understand. there's a lot of bitching about incidents when all that really matters is the result at the end of the day. as far as im concerned all the dealings should be done on the pitch and not bitched about afterwards. if monty is acting up then deal with monty on the pitch. if the players on the opposite side dont have enough to stand up to it or have enough class to just beat it then thats their problem. its a tough league to play in..granted theres talent but also an awful lot of mullocking, hard work and trying to get the upper hand albeit by badgering the ref to get the decision to go your own way. some people might say thats not football and thats not the spirit to have but the fact is, if your opponent is doing it, then you gotta do it too or else you can say goodbye to your three points!!! im gonna finish my bitching session with a prediction.... rockmount wont win a league or intermediate cup this season!!!! you can save this message glenbuck ;) at the end of the season, if my prediction isn't true, i'll have a week of praising rockmount on this..

It's a forum. Things like this will be discussed. Not everyone will like what's posted here but it's up to them to debate. Wouldn't be much to discuss if it was just the result. We'll discuss players, incidents, results and referees just like everyone else.

Chiefscout
24/10/2011, 7:02 PM
Is Kevin mull available for selection this week?

Southsider
24/10/2011, 8:19 PM
NO.....

AvondaleNutter
24/10/2011, 8:29 PM

I'm pretty sure he hasn't served his suspension. The fixture will give a good indication of where either team are at

razor
25/10/2011, 12:03 PM
I'm pretty sure he hasn't served his suspension. The fixture will give a good indication of where either team are atI saw them for the first time last weekend and they looked very strong. Leeds matched them for long periods but their few mistakes were punished.
Strong squad when Cotter was able to bring on Conor Meade, Danny Long and Willie Heffernan off the bench in a triple substitution.

j-burt
25/10/2011, 2:31 PM
No prob kid, seeing that we are out of Intermediete cup for last 2 weeks I dont think there is a chance of us winning it but we will battle away in the lge and you would never know. By the way thats the Mount out of the way who do you think will win Cup and Lge. Great post though.

I completely forgot about the cup exit glenbuck, it still hasn't settled in with me really. My opinion for why they wont win the league is because the squad is lacking the strength and depth, especially when ross and philip cunningham are away and with howie not improving injury wise too quickly. rumour has it he has issues with wanting to play with rockmount this year anyway but thats talk for another day. when the months of march and april kick in and you've plenty of games in a short space of time, injuries and suspensions will cost you. To be honest i wouldn't put it down to Alan Martin if they do fail to win anything this year. he's a top guy in fairness. im righting rockmount off at my peril here i know.. look what happened last season!! the intermediate exit may be a blessing for rockmount come april but this is my opinion as of now.
As an avondale man im not gonna count my chickens before they hatch either. there's an awful lot that can go wrong when you've a squad of 20 lads that could all potentially play in the first eleven. In the run in for a league you need comradary in the camp.. hopefully we'll continue to keep the same mentality that has been there for years. we've played nobody yet though... the one big team we played (if you want to call mayfield that) we didn't show up.. so for anybody out there who thinks we're a cert.. then you're sadly mistaken. mayfield everton and the hall all in with a shout.. hard to call...i just feel rockmount dont have the squad to stay the course this season. they need to build again! i think its a fair point. i know i havent given an out and out prediction.. thats because i think this year might be an outsiders year... mayfield????

Chiefscout
27/10/2011, 1:14 PM
I'm pretty sure he hasn't served his suspension. The fixture will give a
good indication of where either team are atShould be interesting to see also how much the hall will want to get one over on kev mull and to see can they keep their discipline

AvondaleNutter
27/10/2011, 4:33 PM
Should be interesting to see also how much the hall will want to get one over on kev mull and to see can they keep their discipline

And Podge too

townhall tez
28/10/2011, 3:45 PM
The keane cup qarter final tomorrow should be a good game. I fancy Mayfield to edge it as there more expierienced and physically stronger. Corinthians probably play the most attractive football in the league but that leaves them very open. There very young(some look like they have not hit puberty yet!)but if they stick together they will do well over the next few seasons. Douglas hall and avondale sunday is sure to be a battle,avondale look to be at full strength and the hall seem to have galvanized after the incidents early season.

villaman10
28/10/2011, 8:51 PM
midleton 2 blarney 2, midleton the better team but blarney are fairly dogged and fought back twice! midleton had a pen appeal turned down last kick of game, looked a dubious decision!

Goggs
29/10/2011, 2:21 PM
Saw Blarney last night for a team who are suppose to be title contenders they looked seriously unfit they were out played and outfought in every area of the pitch they had a lad up front who was at least 2 stone over weight there fitness coach should be hung drawn and quartered.