PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

six-yard-box
04/10/2011, 9:05 PM
castleview 3-1 against ringmahon earlier tonight.

Glenbuck
04/10/2011, 9:06 PM
New to the site, have to point out that Deccie Foley, Brosie n Micky Deasy are still good players and would still be with Rockmount if they weren't pushed out to accommodate the "Stars" that started to arrive after they won the double that year. By stars i mean fellas looking for medals with no loyalty to Rockmount. Deccie Foley another one. So saying we tried our best in the meantime doesn't say much. After a while there was a definite policy of sign every decent player available so no one else could have them playing against. It's the whole reason that there is a limit to the amount you can sign now.Fantastic is right. None of the above mentioned players left under a cloud. Are you another one of these guys with the auld chip on the shoulder. Brosy went on to play LOI, Deccy is settled (and recently married)in Dublin who always comes out to meet and support us anytime we are in The Capital. Micky will always be a Rockmount man regardless of who he plays with.

Glenbuck
04/10/2011, 9:08 PM
Waiting for Chief Scouts report...

six-yard-box
04/10/2011, 9:17 PM

must be on his way back from training in kilcully...well deserved it was 2-1 at half time....3-1 from a corner mid-way through second half..ringmahon rarely threatened second half. stupid late red card for bopper. got a bit saucy then and the ref just dished out cards. good week for patsy eh chief!!!

Chiefscout
04/10/2011, 9:22 PM

Only one on here with chip on shoulder is you...buy the echo tomorrow and read the report 

Chiefscout
04/10/2011, 9:31 PM
must be on his way back from training in kilcully...well deserved it was 2-1 at half time....3-1 from a corner mid-way through second half..ringmahon rarely threatened second half. stupid late red card for bopper. got a bit saucy then and the ref just dished out cards. good week for patsy eh chief!!!
Kilcully?.ha ha.nice one six but no,wouldn't have any reason to be near that area...patsy deserves alot of credit for the way he has the team playing

ringmahon4ever
04/10/2011, 10:14 PM
i must of been watching a different game. Castleview went two up after ten mins. We got goal back and were well on top all right. We just badly need a striker. Missin few tonight. Sending off was a disgrace. Should get a good few games for what he done.we fell apart after sending off when we should of got on top more.the tackle on our midfield player was shockin as well. No ball played and player is up hospital now but badly damaged knee.. Finally i think that patsy freyne is a disgrace. Running up and down the line like a animal,abusing everyone. Ref took some amount of stick off him and done nothing.

Chiefscout
04/10/2011, 10:18 PM
i must of been watching a different game. Castleview went two up after ten mins. We got goal back and were well on top all right. We just badly need a striker. Missin few tonight. Sending off was a disgrace. Should get a good few games for what he done.we fell apart after sending off when we should of got on top more.the tackle on our midfield player was shockinas well. No ball played and player is up hospital now but badly damaged knee.. Finally i think that patsy freyne is a disgrace. Running up and down the line like a animal,abusing everyone. Ref took some amount of stick off him and done nothing.
Patsy is a bit over the top,in fact goes bit too far at times.no disagreement there.

ringmahon4ever
04/10/2011, 10:37 PM
glad someone agrees with me. At one stage he ran from dug out all th ways up to corner flag to scream abuse at player and the ref. Wavin arms in air like he was landing a plane. No need for it. We could hear everything he was callin the ref but as usual damien ignored the abuse

Pundit
05/10/2011, 12:27 AM
in fairness you say...are you actually serious.how could you defend something like this.why try and copy another club.avondale are our closet rivals and you dont see us doing it.

Ringmahon get a grip. Avondale are nowhere near your closest rivals now. How can you be rivals when ye are not even in the same league as the dale. Ye cant go and sign players cause players dont want to play for ye. Even players like jammer didnt wanna sign with ye and he is a so called local player. You seem to like to have a dig at avondale lately. Total jealousy. Your telling me if karl caulfield, alan carey,locky, mucky wanted to join ye tomorrow you would turn them away because ye are a local club and they are not from the area, Ya right. Players want to come to avondale because the club is successful. As for the home grown players at the club, there is 4players who have come through schoolboys playing at the moment and more will follow. Worry bout your own club getting promoted this year and maybe if ye do then we can be rivals again but if and till then stop worrying bout the dale,

el nino coro
05/10/2011, 2:57 AM
i must of been watching a different game. Castleview went two up after ten mins. We got goal back and were well on top all right. We just badly need a striker. Missin few tonight. Sending off was a disgrace. Should get a good few games for what he done.we fell apart after sending off when we should of got on top more.the tackle on our midfield player was shockin as well. No ball played and player is up hospital now but badly damaged knee.. Finally i think that patsy freyne is a disgrace. Running up and down the line like a animal,abusing everyone. Ref took some amount of stick off him and done nothing.

enjoy the first division for the next 10 years because thats all ye are

el nino coro
05/10/2011, 2:59 AM
glad someone agrees with me. At one stage he ran from dug out all th ways up to corner flag to scream abuse at player and the ref. Wavin arms in air like he was landing a plane. No need for it. We could hear everything he was callin the ref but as usual damien ignored the abuse

didnt patsy bring back the inter league? up in dublin aswell,sour grapes cause ye are staying in the first division

Chiefscout
05/10/2011, 8:36 AM
enjoy the first division for the next 10 years because thats all ye are

That's harsh coro..for what it's worth I think Mahon will be up there challenging for promotion this year along with castleview,fermoy,ucc and another one or two and will be very tough to beat in their own ground

ringmahon4ever
05/10/2011, 10:46 AM
el nino coro must of been havin some dutch courage at 4 this morn ha..who's your club again

Glenbuck
05/10/2011, 12:10 PM
didnt patsy bring back the inter league? up in dublin aswell,sour grapes cause ye are staying in the first division
Inter lge was on in midlands this year. Fair play though to Patsy and squad.

Glenbuck
05/10/2011, 12:11 PM
Only one on here with chip on shoulder is you...buy the echo tomorrow and read the report ooohh

AvondaleNutter
05/10/2011, 1:01 PM
el nino coro must of been havin some dutch courage at 4 this morn ha..who's your club again

In fairness Ringmahon4ever you have a go at anybody Avondale sign. I just don't get involved with you because i get the same responses saying "Avondale aren't not a club", "its about playing for your local club" bla bla bla. As someone previoulsy mentioned ye would take any decent player in a heartbeat if they decided to join your club. If Kev Mul wen't down to Ringmahon i'm sure Ringmahon wouldn't tell him go away due to the parish he's from

It looks like signing players from outside the parish is working and bringing success to clubs such as Avondale & Rockmount. There's no rule to say you can't sign these players and it's up to them to put pen to paper.

We'd all love a team of locals but it looks like this isn't working, a prime example is Ringmahons poor start to the season. Lets just put all these comments to bed Ringmahon4ever, you're like a broken record at this stage honestly. I'm sure if went back through the history of the forum you have repeated yourself more than once.

On another note, did ya see that an acrrington stanley match was called off last night due to an injured player being treated for over 25 mins with a head injury, kind of reminded me of the incident you posted here about the match not being called off. Same sort of situation and looks like the right thing to do and call off the match so it supports you're comments form last season about the incident.

Dixie's Cousin
05/10/2011, 1:15 PM
In fairness Ringmahon4ever you have a go at anybody Avondale sign. I just don't get involved with you because i get the same responses saying "Avondale aren't not a club", "its about playing for your local club" bla bla bla. As someone previoulsy mentioned ye would take any decent player in a heartbeat if they decided to join your club. If Kev Mul wen't down to Ringmahon i'm sure Ringmahon wouldn't tell him go away due to the parish he's from

It looks like signing players from outside the parish is working and bringing success to clubs such as Avondale & Rockmount. There's no rule to say you can't sign these players and it's up to them to put pen to paper.

We'd all love a team of locals but it looks like this isn't working, a prime example is Ringmahons poor start to the season. Lets just put all these comments to bed Ringmahon4ever, you're like a broken record at this stage honestly. I'm sure if went back through the history of the forum you have repeated yourself more than once.

On another note, did ya see that an acrrington stanley match was called off last night due to an injured player being treated for over 25 mins with a head injury, kind of reminded me of the incident you posted here about the match not being called off. Same sort of situation and looks like the right thing to do and call off the match so it supports you're comments form last season about the incident.

If you want to play a parish game, put on a crap jersey and start hand passing the ball to each other, this is football. It's about attracting the best players to your club. SIMPLE AS THAT

Chiefscout
05/10/2011, 1:37 PM
End of the day you can't blame a manager for wanting to have the best players.it's down to the players loyalty to his club and ambition to win trophies with his club whether he stays or goes.

el nino coro
05/10/2011, 2:11 PM

Ya i was after 20 cans in work,im with blarney this year,just dont like when teams are beaten and they make excuses

Shilts
05/10/2011, 4:29 PM
Ringmahon4ever
I saw that the Acrington v Tranmere cup game was abandoned due to a severe head injury to one of the players.
Maybe I was too harsh in my assessment of your game with Corinthians at the tail end of last season.

AvondaleNutter
05/10/2011, 5:41 PM
as i recall the ringmahon player was conscious and sitting up when taken away in the ambulance whereas the guy last night apparently was hanging in there just to live....small difference no?? plus i think players last night were genuinely concerned whereas at last seasons game were the ringmahon players not kicking the ball around and not too worried about their player (as in they knew he would be ok not that they didnt care ha)

Your wrong mate with everything you said there I'm afraid.

Chiefscout
05/10/2011, 6:01 PM
Only one on here with chip on shoulder is you...buy the echo tomorrow and read the report 

I take it back,Avondalenutter also has a chip on his shoulder

Chiefscout
05/10/2011, 6:11 PM
Ya i was after 20 cans in work,im with blarney this year,just dont like when teams are beaten and they make excuses

Working?.blarney?...and with the teams that you actually did and do play with you should be well used to losing and making excuses

AvondaleNutter
05/10/2011, 9:13 PM
I take it back,Avondalenutter also has a chip on his shoulder

Lol :-)

Chiefscout
05/10/2011, 9:23 PM
Lol :-)

.........what way do you see Avondale starting 11 when all players available?

AvondaleNutter
05/10/2011, 9:51 PM
Not too sure who's fit and who's not fit and there's still rumors flying around about this and that player but I'd go with Podge gk lockers, Cahill, hoggy and Alan Carey in defense. Caulfield, kev Mul centre mid, mucky and tynan on the wings spratty and mark sull up front.

Most deffinetly forgetting someone. I hear Ken Murphy is back from Spain too with rob o mahony back playing also

Clifford
08/10/2011, 5:04 PM
Massive heads up to whoever does the msl site for getting fixtures up early today again. Makes such a difference to be able to let the squad know before this weeks game what is coming next. I know it's a pain of a job, but this really has started well this season.

Thanks whoever you are, if you are out there.....:D

mayfield utd
10/10/2011, 11:16 PM
i'm starting to fear for rockmount a small bit,they lost alot of players from last season's squad and didn't really replace them with very good players like they use to.the season only a few weeks old and there already out of two cup and had a slow start to the league.a lot of there players must have sign purely for winning trophy's,not many if any would be so called club men,come january if they were mid table they could lose a few trophy men and no one will want to sign for them anymore,and next season could even be worst if they win nothing this season.i hope they can turn things around cos they've been brilliant for cork soccer for the best part of 15 years are so

el nino coro
11/10/2011, 1:34 AM
i'm starting to fear for rockmount a small bit,they lost alot of players from last season's squad and didn't really replace them with very good players like they use to.the season only a few weeks old and there already out of two cup and had a slow start to the league.a lot of there players must have sign purely for winning trophy's,not many if any would be so called club men,come january if they were mid table they could lose a few trophy men and no one will want to sign for them anymore,and next season could even be worst if they win nothing this season.i hope they can turn things around cos they've been brilliant for cork soccer for the best part of 15 years are so

They signed the best player in the league,but even cambo wont do,lost too many good players,out in the 1st round for the 1st time since 2002,avondale are the team to beat

justasupporter
11/10/2011, 8:56 AM
Im fairly confused by your comments Mayfield , your starting to fear for Rockmount ? why would you fear for their decline , if that is what it is ? surely you should be delighted that a rockmount fall can only benefit your own club , mayfield IMO are in with a great shout this season , or at least will / should be challenging ,you have good players & surely the obvious choice for good players is a move to Whitechurch when their own club dont look like matching their ambitions a la Steph on more than 1 or 2 occasions at the expense of Mayfield , I think if a northside club in particular can keep their best players away from whitechurch they are in a good position as the rest of the northside clubs are probably on a par with each other anyway ? just my opinion .
Your spot on with your other points tho , there are very few out there that you could class as Clubmen , outside of Alan & his assistants I would say there are none , what does that mean for Rockmount if it goes pear shaped ? same as Corinthians a few years back I would say ? Cors probably the best team in the MSL for a good few years ,lots of success under Mcdaid but when he left , corinthians big names did one & they had no players of good enough calibre within the club to stay challenging & gradually dropped down the leagues , theyve rectified that now tho & are back in the Top division again & got there with a lot of club based players but its taken a few years ( before I get hammered by CC forever ;-) im just saying success goes in cycles , Cors had it , Rockmount def had it ,prob still do Dale have it but look how close they came to being in trouble last season until cotter stepped in , its a fine line between success & even staying in the Prem divison , its that tough thats all Im saying ,but I dont think your should fear for Rockmount , if they come in looking for Wolfey , brosy or any of your important players Id say you might have a different outlook . all above is just my opinions , I have no vendettas against any clubs mentioned or otherwise !!

mayfield utd
11/10/2011, 8:01 PM
Im fairly confused by your comments Mayfield , your starting to fear for Rockmount ? why would you fear for their decline , if that is what it is ? surely you should be delighted that a rockmount fall can only benefit your own club , mayfield IMO are in with a great shout this season , or at least will / should be challenging ,you have good players & surely the obvious choice for good players is a move to Whitechurch when their own club dont look like matching their ambitions a la Steph on more than 1 or 2 occasions at the expense of Mayfield , I think if a northside club in particular can keep their best players away from whitechurch they are in a good position as the rest of the northside clubs are probably on a par with each other anyway ? just my opinion .
Your spot on with your other points tho , there are very few out there that you could class as Clubmen , outside of Alan & his assistants I would say there are none , what does that mean for Rockmount if it goes pear shaped ? same as Corinthians a few years back I would say ? Cors probably the best team in the MSL for a good few years ,lots of success under Mcdaid but when he left , corinthians big names did one & they had no players of good enough calibre within the club to stay challenging & gradually dropped down the leagues , theyve rectified that now tho & are back in the Top division again & got there with a lot of club based players but its taken a few years ( before I get hammered by CC forever ;-) im just saying success goes in cycles , Cors had it , Rockmount def had it ,prob still do Dale have it but look how close they came to being in trouble last season until cotter stepped in , its a fine line between success & even staying in the Prem divison , its that tough thats all Im saying ,but I dont think your should fear for Rockmount , if they come in looking for Wolfey , brosy or any of your important players Id say you might have a different outlook . all above is just my opinions , I have no vendettas against any clubs mentioned or otherwise !!
what i ment by my comments was i feared they'd end up like cors a few years back,don't get me wrong i'm delighted that they have dropped off a bit cos that gives hopefully our lads a chance,i'd just don't want to see them drop off the pace or worst,it just wouldn't seem right

Two Touch
13/10/2011, 11:58 AM
Castleview 1 Mallow Utd 1 last night in Keane Cup QF.
Mallow won 3-2 on pens
Last min equiliser for Mallow after Castleview had deservedly went 1 up after 20 mins.Pretty even enough game after that with both teams having good opportunities during the game.

Clifford
13/10/2011, 5:22 PM
Fair play to Mallow. That is some Keane cup campaign being put together.

six-yard-box
14/10/2011, 10:05 PM
2-2 in blarney tonight. fair result i think anyway. blarney 1 up bob with a good header.. hall equalised 2 mins before half time.. moorsey got a free header to put them 2-1 up. blarney equalised in the last minute a poor goal from the hall's point to give away but it was a good finish.

Clifford
15/10/2011, 7:36 AM
Is Cliffy back for Blarney yet six?

Gobias
15/10/2011, 7:48 AM
Is Cliffy back for Blarney yet six?

Came on as a sub last night

footiefanatic
15/10/2011, 5:21 PM
Carrigaline 3 - 2 Castleview. Great win for Carrigaline, 2 goals from shields up top, first goal from a hungarian lad, think his name renato. never seen the ball go out of play so much in a match. Comfortable enough win for carrig, 2-0 up at half time. Under the kosh first 20 minutes of 2nd half and castleview pulled back a deserved goal. But as soon as they pulled one back, carrig went up and made it 3-1, great play between danny kelly and hugh shields. they pulled consolation back at end of game. Castleview line suprisingly quiet for once, patsy must have had a sore throat :p . Anyone any other results from matches??

ringmahon4ever
15/10/2011, 5:24 PM
lost three nil to bandon in keane.wasnt at game so dont have much to say

Clifford
15/10/2011, 5:48 PM
Fermoy 3-1 cobh w. In a pitch with grass a foot high we came away with the three points today. Gav Quirke with 2 in first half dave clancy with a Lone sec half goal. They got one back in 93rd min.

razor
15/10/2011, 5:49 PM
Avondale beat Marys 1-0

go for gold
15/10/2011, 6:25 PM
mount 5 1 winners away to cors.mount trailed 1 nil at the break but were on fire in second half.should win at home to midleton next fri and after a less than inspiring start they will be right up there at the top of the league.obviously it was a big blow to be out of intermediate cup but they can now concentrate on winning third league in a row.won today without ross, philly,gaffers,hoey so when those players come back they will be very hard to beat.people writing rockmount off are having a laugh,serious quality in that squad and more importantly they're full of fellas who know what it takes to win leagues.

Pundit
15/10/2011, 10:48 PM
I totally agree with you go for gold. You dont become a bad team over night. Yes the mount have had a bad start with going out of the intermediate cup and 2 draws in the league but as you said they win next week and guess what lads they go top of the league. They will be up there challenging come the end of the season. I think alan martin would agree that its not there strongest ever squad but they know what it takes to win major medals unlike most of the teams in the msl.. Its a long season lads. As douglas have learned you dont win or lose a league this early in the season.

Pundit
15/10/2011, 10:50 PM
lost three nil to bandon in keane.wasnt at game so dont have much to say

Whats going on below in your club ringmahon. Seem to be having some terrible run of resuls.

ringmahon4ever
15/10/2011, 11:33 PM
Whats going on below in your club ringmahon. Seem to be having some terrible run of resuls.they just seem to have no luck. Been crippled with injuries as well. Were playing very well but just cant seem to score. Had a penalty today when one down and missed it not once but twice. Lady luck is shining somewhere else.hopefully we will get a win soon to get the wheels rolling again.

offside rule
15/10/2011, 11:59 PM
Fermoy 3-1 cobh w. In a pitch with grass a foot high we came away with the three points today. Gav Quirke with 2 in first half dave clancy with a Lone sec half goal. They got one back in 93rd min.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301023_152390728190407_100002584428705_245228_1786 530637_n.jpg

Seriously!, 'a foot high grass'. Suppose you'll be telling us next you've a foot long _ _ _ _.

ringmahon4ever
16/10/2011, 12:54 AM
to be fair it does look long even though its not a foot but stil long

Reznik
16/10/2011, 1:15 AM
I'll have to admit that pitch does look awful...

AvondaleNutter
16/10/2011, 6:41 AM
Looks more than a foot high in that pic :-) win again for our lads but we're making hard work of it. Could be a very open season just like last year. Good to see rockmount win comfortably. Think it'll be between us, mount & mayfield from what I've seen so far.

Clifford
16/10/2011, 10:45 AM
Glad to see you take things with a pinch of salt offside, hate to have to offer you a humour transplant. Wasnt complaining about it, just making a note for others to bring their rugby boots when visiting. And good pic to emphasise my point. Not got one of any of the four corners? Might go down and cut some silage off it during the week. Ha ha.