PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

razor
12/04/2006, 9:13 AM
O'Connell Cup last night
UCC 4-1 Avondale Reserves
Johnny C not risking any of the big players ahead of Saturday.

Avondales FAI Cup game away to Crumlin is now on Saturday April 22nd, looking like a double header with the Setanta Cup Final.

Clifford
12/04/2006, 10:17 AM
O'Connell Cup last night
UCC 4-1 Avondale Reserves
Johnny C not risking any of the big players ahead of Saturday.

Avondales FAI Cup game away to Crumlin is now on Saturday April 22nd, looking like a double header with the Setanta Cup Final.

And rightly so. Massive game on Sat and here's hoping it all works out for the best up there. Are the lads goin up on Fri?

Wonder will the game v Crumlin be on tv then as well? That would be ace.

Douglas Hall away tonight for injury ravaged Rockmount!! Last game in hand I believe. Where do you get the table from? I can't find it anywhere.

BillysBoots
12/04/2006, 10:59 AM
And rightly so. Massive game on Sat and here's hoping it all works out for the best up there. Are the lads goin up on Fri?

Douglas Hall away tonight for injury ravaged Rockmount!! Last game in hand I believe. Where do you get the table from? I can't find it anywhere.

Castleview played 17....36 pts.
Rockmount played 15....32 pts.
Avondale played 15.......30 pts.

Rockmount will still have one game in hand after tonight, so One point behind with a game in hand should suit ye fine wha!!

razor
12/04/2006, 11:50 AM

Douglas Hall away tonight for injury ravaged Rockmount!! Last game in hand I believe. Where do you get the table from? I can't find it anywhere.Yeah travelling up Good Friday.
I meant a double header for me obviously, Setanta would hardly risk the gear out in Crumlin.
Injury ravaged ???, I wouldn't mind its only Charlton - Middlesboro tonight.:D
Blarneys website is always good for an updated league table.

Clifford
12/04/2006, 9:43 PM
Yeah travelling up Good Friday.
I meant a double header for me obviously, Setanta would hardly risk the gear out in Crumlin.
Injury ravaged ???, I wouldn't mind its only Charlton - Middlesboro tonight.:D
Blarneys website is always good for an updated league table.

Naw, Eindhoven v Feyenoord tonight, sussing out next season's CL opposition. :D

Rockmount have beaten Douglas Hall 3-0 in a really tough game tonight. We missed a peno and scored 3 very very lucky goals before half time and hung on for the second half. Don't know how Mount are anywhere in the league really, still between View and in form Dale for me.....Terry White 2 and Pat Keane with the goals.

Ringmahon at home next Weds night.

razor
13/04/2006, 10:32 AM
Castleview played 17....36 pts.
Rockmount played 16....35 pts.
Avondale played 15....30 pts.

Avondale now 5 points off the pace. It'll be a very tough ask now for them to win the league, probably have to beat both View & Mount to have any chance now. Rockmount seem to have the luck on their side, despite the crippling hurdles that stand in their way every day. I don't know how they do it. 2 horse race.

Clifford
13/04/2006, 11:22 AM
Avondale now 5 points off the pace. It'll be a very tough ask now for them to win the league, probably have to beat both View & Mount to have any chance now. Rockmount seem to have the luck on their side, despite the crippling hurdles that stand in their way every day. I don't know how they do it. 2 horse race.

:p

Yeah, Dale at home in all the important games, all theirs to lose. View well rested so ball must be in their court also, Mount well out of it now. Two horse race indeed...

Think Billy called it a few weeks ago that the matches between all three will settle it, hope Rockmount can field a team those nights what with injuries etc...just as well there are no games this weekend in the lg, I'd nearly have got a game!! :D :D

razor
13/04/2006, 1:26 PM
Think Billy called it a few weeks ago that the matches between all three will settle it, hope Rockmount can field a team those nights what with injuries etc...I'm sure Billy will, as always, make sure his team has every possible advantage. ;)

Clifford
17/04/2006, 6:30 PM
I'm sure Billy will make sure his team has every possible advantage. ;)

As always, I hear he's paying for linesmen this weekend or something. Are those rumours true Billy?

Big week for Mount, a pile up of games again this season. Ringmahon Weds night, Castleview on Sunday and Avondale next Thursday night in Cup final. Roll on a break!

razor
17/04/2006, 7:39 PM
As always, I hear he's paying for linesmen this weekend or something. Are those rumours true Billy?

Big week for Mount, a pile up of games again this season. Ringmahon Weds night, Castleview on Sunday and Avondale next Thursday night in Cup final. Roll on a break!
I was referring to Billy Cronin but hey. :D
Avondale have College Corinthians away on Wednesday, Crumlin Utd away on Saturday and Mount at the Cross, Thursday week.

Clifford
17/04/2006, 10:47 PM
I was referring to Billy Cronin but hey. :D

Ha ha, sorry, wasn't focused at all, but in fairness it could have been either!

Busy times indeed at Avondale, super to be involved in these games. Great experience.

rhealy
19/04/2006, 11:20 AM
Is there a handy website where I can get results, fixtures etc.?

razor
19/04/2006, 12:09 PM
Not really, Examiner website maybe but if you log in here all the results are usually posted once Cliffy gets the Examiner on a Monday.

Clifford
19/04/2006, 12:15 PM
Is there a handy website where I can get results, fixtures?

I don't know of one, but if you need to know about any club we'll try to get you the fixtures, they come out on the Echo on a Monday night generally.

Any club in particular you need info on?

Edit: Welcome to the site by the way, the more the merrier on this thread. I get's fed up listening to Razor and Billy's Boots. ;) :D (I'm sure they are sick of me also!!)

rhealy
19/04/2006, 2:07 PM
Cheers, i missed the Echo on Monday so I was wondering what the fixtures for the forthcoming weekend were. The Munster Senior League should have a website where fixtures/results are posted, even the smaller junior leagues have this facility.

BillysBoots
19/04/2006, 3:01 PM
Cheers, i missed the Echo on Monday so I was wondering what the fixtures for the forthcoming weekend were. The Munster Senior League should have a website where fixtures/results are posted, even the smaller junior leagues have this facility.

True, MSL are not the most organised of organisations!! Full fixture list tonight: Carrig v Castleview, Avondale v Coll Cor, Rockmount v R/Mahon, etc. What fixture are you interested in?

Clifford
19/04/2006, 8:36 PM
Full fixture list tonight: Carrig v Castleview, Avondale v Coll Cor, Rockmount v R/Mahon

Not sure if Avondale are tomorrow or tonight, but what harm.

Rockmount beat Ringmahon 3-2 in a squeeky bum type game. Went one up through Oldham, they equalised 2 into sec half - a cracker by their number 10. Mount again went ahead with a generous peno, Clifford scored it. Ringmahon then scored with 15 left, another cracker by the 10. Within a minute though Alan O Connor converted a scrappy goal to seal it for Mount.

Phew, nerves abound with the time of year. I hear Castleview strolled to an easy 2-1 win with the last kick of the game.....any truth in that Billy?

razor
20/04/2006, 8:04 AM
Not sure if Avondale are tomorrow or tonight, but what harm.
Exactly, 2 horse race. Dale clinging to 3rd.
College Corinthians 0-2 Avondale Utd.

rhealy
20/04/2006, 8:06 AM
Thanks again for this info, do you know the Div 1 fixtures for this weekend?

Clifford
20/04/2006, 8:52 AM
Exactly, 2 horse race. Dale clinging to 3rd.

Oi, get yer own line! That's my one. :D :D

razor
20/04/2006, 9:02 AM
Oi, get yer own line! That's my one. :D :D
A draw next Sunday might change matters.
See Keane Cup Final has now been moved to Sunday morning April 30th at 10.45am

Clifford
20/04/2006, 11:09 AM
See Keane Cup Final has now been moved to Sunday morning April 30th at 10.45am

Suits me fine, would have struggled for the Thursday fixture. Sun morn matches are more fun, lot's of hangovers. Who scored for Dale last night?

A draw on Sunday, a draw between Dale v View and a draw between Mount and Dale would do fine thanks for offering.

razor
20/04/2006, 2:56 PM
Probably go away for the bank holiday so will miss that one.
Dunno who scored, Dale scored early on and weathered a fairly large Cors storm until they wrapped things up in stoppage time at the end.

Clifford
23/04/2006, 12:29 PM
Beautiful morning, beautiful day.

Just back from Rockmount park. Rockmount v Castleview was a cracker. View started brightly with the wind and had three or four set pieces which were very dangerous and might have got something from them. They didn't and with literally their first attack after twenty mins Rockmount scored through a Pat Oldham finish from a knock down from a corner. After that it was nip and tuck til half time, with Mount defending stoutly when necessary into a strong wind.

Second half was only 2 mins old when Ross O Callaghan scored for Mount with an awesome scissors kick. 2-0 and Mount looked in good nick, despite the wind dropping substantially. View tried to get back into it, but Mount started to play the ball on the deck and View had no answer. A great move down the right saw Ken Howey levelled in the box, Clifford cool as you like buried the spotter. Mount played the last 20 mins in glourious style, a one two between Oldham and O Connor sent the defender clean through and his finish was deadly for 4-0. Last few mins saw Johnny Busteed lift a fantastic ball to the far post for Pat Keane to knock in number 5 with his head.

Hard game to pick a man of the match from, but Alan O Connor was probably the stand out player by a short hair from 6 or 7 other Mount players, IMHO.

All in all a super day, a super match and maybe, just maybe Rockmount are back in the hunt!! :D :D

razor
24/04/2006, 8:42 AM
Very surprised yesterday when I got the text. Great result for Mount.
Rockmount can only throw it away from here.
In Dublin on Sat for Crumlin Utd 0-0 Avondale Utd.
Dale were missing Spratty, Hargy & Haulie so a draw wasn't a bad result.
Crumlin were no great shakes to be fair and a full strength Dale should dispatch them the weekend after next.

BillysBoots
24/04/2006, 9:01 AM
Beautiful morning, beautiful day.

Just back from Rockmount park. Rockmount v Castleview was a cracker. View started brightly with the wind and had three or four set pieces which were very dangerous and might have got something from them. They didn't and with literally their first attack after twenty mins Rockmount scored through a Pat Oldham finish from a knock down from a corner. After that it was nip and tuck til half time, with Mount defending stoutly when necessary into a strong wind.

Second half was only 2 mins old when Ross O Callaghan scored for Mount with an awesome scissors kick. 2-0 and Mount looked in good nick, despite the wind dropping substantially. View tried to get back into it, but Mount started to play the ball on the deck and View had no answer. A great move down the right saw Ken Howey levelled in the box, Clifford cool as you like buried the spotter. Mount played the last 20 mins in glourious style, a one two between Oldham and O Connor sent the defender clean through and his finish was deadly for 4-0. Last few mins saw Johnny Busteed lift a fantastic ball to the far post for Pat Keane to knock in number 5 with his head.

Hard game to pick a man of the match from, but Alan O Connor was probably the stand out player by a short hair from 6 or 7 other Mount players, IMHO.

All in all a super day, a super match and maybe, just maybe Rockmount are back in the hunt!! :D :D

Can't say much really, the scoreline says it all. Fair play to Rockmount, very well played. Castleview were very disappointing....

Clifford
24/04/2006, 11:07 AM
Good Avondale result Razor, sounds promising for the replay. Will the cup final still go ahead next week - you say the replay is Sun week, so I imagine it's all systems go?

Billy, how's Sheaser? Looked like he pulled a hamstring or something. Shame as I liked him an awful lot as a player at Mount.

razor
24/04/2006, 11:46 AM
Good Avondale result Razor, sounds promising for the replay. Will the cup final still go ahead next week - you say the replay is Sun week, so I imagine it's all systems go?Yeah ,looks like all systems go for next Sunday morning, should be interesting. Unfortunately i'll be out of town but will be receiving updates.

BillysBoots
24/04/2006, 12:21 PM
Good Avondale result Razor, sounds promising for the replay. Will the cup final still go ahead next week - you say the replay is Sun week, so I imagine it's all systems go?

Billy, how's Sheaser? Looked like he pulled a hamstring or something. Shame as I liked him an awful lot as a player at Mount.

Nothing serious, just a strain. Always struggles with his hamstring, should be fine though....

Clifford
24/04/2006, 2:04 PM
FAI Senior Cup 1st round
College Corinthians 2 Blarney United 2;
Crumlin United 0 Avondale United 0;
Brendanville 0 Douglas Hall 1;
Tolka Rovers 1 Carrigaline United 3;

Beamish Stout Senior Premier Division
Everton 1 Ringmahon Rangers 1;
Leeds 1 Midleton 0;
Rockmount 5 Castleview 0

Clifford
26/04/2006, 10:01 PM
Rockmount beat Corinthians tonight 1-0 in the O Connell cup. Never really under threat.

razor
27/04/2006, 8:19 AM
Casement beat Avondale reserves 1-0 last night, think it was the Beamish Cup. Too many cups too little time for Dale at this stage of the season.

Clifford
27/04/2006, 9:12 AM
Casement beat Avondale reserves 1-0 last night, too many cups too little time for Dale at this stage of the season.

Agreed - the Keane cup should be done and dusted before Chrimbo as it is a pre season tourny in essence. Dale got to prioritise and the two FAI cups plus the league chase should be plenty. I know which 2 cups I'd prefer to be in.

When will Dale have a league game again?

razor
27/04/2006, 10:01 AM
Agreed - the Keane cup should be done and dusted before Chrimbo as it is a pre season tourny in essence. Dale got to prioritise and the two FAI cups plus the league chase should be plenty. I know which 2 cups I'd prefer to be in.

When will Dale have a league game again?
Probably have to play them midweek.
Keane Cup Final this weekend.
FAI Cup Replay the weekend after.
Intermediate Cup Final the weekend after that.

Clifford
27/04/2006, 5:43 PM
Any Castleview midweek game? League or otherwise?

citybone
29/04/2006, 6:53 PM
west cork league team beat clair district league team the aul team and now the munster league to make the final of the district leagues/intermediate league national cup
so ha yee lost to a poor junior district league team
its the furthest we ever got as far as i know anyone know any info about the final???

Clifford
30/04/2006, 3:48 PM
so ha yee lost to a poor junior district league team
its the furthest we ever got as far as i know anyone know any info about the final???

JUNIOR being the operative word my good man/woman/child. The thread here, in the main, is occupied by followers of Senior teams at the moment, but your more than welcome to shout about it on here cos it is great to see your success and the more success for Cork the better. (It's Claire by the way, they prefer to be women with an e down there :D )

I think there was a bit of Rockmount involvement in this thing all right, but I've not met Jamsie in a while so don't know how strong/weak the MSL side were.

Best of luck in the final, who's it against?

Clifford
30/04/2006, 3:55 PM
Keane Cup Final, Turners Cross.

Rockmount 2-0 Avondale

A cool overcast morning in TC brought together two fine sides in fine form. Rockmount went on to win the game this time, but on another day Dale might have been able to reverse the scoreline. Mark Clifford with a stunning goal and Pat Keane with a tidy finish after the Dale keeper woefully fumbled a good shot from Gearoid. Mount played the better football on the day, missed a spotter as well (actually well saved by the keeper), but had Dale not had a goal disallowed with 20 left who knows what would have happened. I think the lino got it wrong, but he would have had a better view of it than me.

All in all a good day for me, hope the Dale left back is ok for the big one on 14th May. Himself and Knowlsy won't have to face a roasting like Ken Howey gave them today for a long while.

Very hard again to pick a man of the match, but Howey prob shaded it from Mark Clifford for me.

razor
02/05/2006, 9:26 AM
Was away so missed the game. By all accounts Mount totally deserved the win and Avondale were just not at the races. Rockmount seem to be hitting peak performance at exactly the right time.
Interesting to see Ken O'Connor in the Echo give Cotter MOTM, he hasn't been a regular at all this season and I know hes a favourite of Cliffords.;)
Sprattys back isn't right and as this was not the most important of finals then he wasn't risked. Without him Avondale are not the same team going forward.
2 goals at important times, the 2nd an absolute killer just after HT, Pat was in a good position to finish the rebound.
Rockmount are now red hot favourites for the League, despite what Clifford might say. Dale playing UCC this midweek to try and catch up on the fixture backlog. No goal in 3 games does not bode well and an improvement is needed especially in advance of the Intermediate Cup Final.

Clifford
02/05/2006, 12:29 PM
Interesting to see Ken O'Connor in the Echo give Cotter MOTM, he hasn't been a regular at all this season and I know hes a favourite of Cliffords.;)
Sprattys back isn't right and as this was not the most important of finals then he wasn't risked. Without him Avondale are not the same team going forward.
2 goals at important times, the 2nd an absolute killer just after HT, Pat was in a good position to finish the rebound.
Rockmount are now red hot favourites for the League, despite what Clifford might say. Dale playing UCC this midweek to try and catch up on the fixture backlog. No goal in 3 games does not bode well and an improvement is needed especially in advance of the Intermediate Cup Final.

Cotter was deffo the best Dale player on the day - he pulled the strings well, got his usual yellow and tried to cope with Mark Clifford and Pat Keane as best he could. Marky Sull was unusually poor, must be catching up on him all the games recently. How yer man in de echo didn't think it was Howey for MotM though I'll never know. He was awesome all game long in all fairness.

Spratty is a huge loss to any team and as you say he's rightly being cotton wooled for the big final. UCC shold be easily beaten to put the Dale back into the driving seat in the title chase.....:p

citybone
02/05/2006, 10:28 PM
JUNIOR being the operative word my good man/woman/child. The thread here, in the main, is occupied by followers of Senior teams at the moment, but your more than welcome to shout about it on here cos it is great to see your success and the more success for Cork the better. (It's Claire by the way, they prefer to be women with an e down there :D )

I think there was a bit of Rockmount involvement in this thing all right, but I've not met Jamsie in a while so don't know how strong/weak the MSL side were.

Best of luck in the final, who's it against?
18yr old man
i know this is intermediate league section but we beat the munster senior league team so its in the right section right?:)
anyway thanks for the welcome my local club wants to join the aul but i think we should put this west cork league team together properly and join the msl
is there any requirments to join the msl?

Clifford
02/05/2006, 11:32 PM
18yr old man

anyway thanks for the welcome my local club wants to join the aul but i think we should put this west cork league team together properly and join the msl
is there any requirments to join the msl?

Jaysus I don't know how you go about it. A phone call to the MSL big wigs would not be a bad call. It's not as easy as just joining however, I think the AUL might be the best route to travel and then look at the options from there. That's only my opinion, lots of long established clubs up there at the moment so yee might not be able to skip the queue.

Yee beat the junior section of the MSL, by the way. The senior players go further afield for their beatings as a league, they don't include enough Rockmount players apparently!!!! ;)

razor
03/05/2006, 7:43 AM
The senior players go further afield for their beatings as a league, they don't include enough Rockmount players apparently!!!! ;):D Not even with Billy in charge ??? 7-0 I believe.:eek:

Clifford
03/05/2006, 9:01 AM
:D Not even with Billy in charge ??? 7-0 I believe.:eek:

Very harsh on Billy's Boots again. :D

razor
03/05/2006, 9:14 AM
And the funny thing was the Examiner only published it as 4-0.

BillysBoots
03/05/2006, 10:16 AM
And the funny thing was the Examiner only published it as 4-0.

What's the latest on the league Fixtures, do Dale or Mount have any league games this week? Castleview playing Douglas Hall this Sunday at home.

Clifford
03/05/2006, 1:22 PM
What's the latest on the league Fixtures, do Dale or Mount have any league games this week?

Mount at home to Douglas Hall on Thurs in the loads of Beamish cup and Sunday morning at home to Everton in the league.

razor
03/05/2006, 2:01 PM
What's the latest on the league Fixtures, do Dale or Mount have any league games this week? Castleview playing Douglas Hall this Sunday at home.Dale are at home to UCC tonight in the League.

BillysBoots
03/05/2006, 2:20 PM
Dale are at home to UCC tonight in the League.

Dale should come through this one ok and put some pressure on Rockmount!! UCC are always bad this time of the year with exams and what have you. Let's not give the League to Rockmount on a plate like Castleview did last week.

razor
03/05/2006, 2:25 PM
Dale should come through this one ok and put some pressure on Rockmount!! UCC are always bad this time of the year with exams and what have you. Let's not give the League to Rockmount on a plate like Castleview did last week.Obviously Avondale would prefer not to, but it ain't top of their list of prioirities.
There was a piece in the Echo last week with Dale, Mount & View and all their remaining fixtures. Think I threw it out though.