PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

Pundit
23/09/2011, 7:32 PM
no marys players in msl squad bit of a shock. brendan o connell, dave kiely, gary prout, hoggy,wolfey,wilkie,kevin mul,ray o leary, mark murphy, marky sull, buttsey, monty, gareth, dave o donovan, graham mccarthy, karl, ian stapleton, dave moore,danny o leary and gavin walsh.

Its still a very good and strong squad. Pick a starting 11 from the squad will be hard. Anyone wanna try????

Chiefscout
23/09/2011, 7:48 PM
Its still a very good and strong squad. Pick a starting 11 from the squad will be hard. Anyone wanna try????

Very strong squad?.it's an ok squad minus the 3 or 4 best players in the league!!!

Pundit
23/09/2011, 8:15 PM
Very strong squad?.it's an ok squad minus the 3 or 4 best players in the league!!!

what 4players are you on about. Memory serves me right the msl didnt win it last year with these 4 best platers in there team chief

Chiefscout
23/09/2011, 9:02 PM
what 4players are you on about. Memory serves me right the msl didnt win it last year with these 4 best platers in there team chief
Hoey,ken Coleman,scoops,Alan o Connor

six-yard-box
23/09/2011, 11:30 PM
Hoey,ken Coleman,scoops,Alan o Connor dont think scoops was ever going to get asked this year. strange how all the marys lads from last year not invited. no i wouldnt bring deccie but i wouldnt bring kev mul then either mainly coz of the shamoozle last year. no doubt there'll be a raft of changes to it anyway come next weekend.

Chiefscout
24/09/2011, 7:54 AM
Hoey,ken Coleman,scoops,Alan o Connor dont think scoops was ever going to get asked this year. strange how all the marys lads from last year not invited. no i wouldnt bring deccie but i wouldnt bring kev mul then either mainly coz of the shamoozle last year. no doubt there'll be a raft of changes to it anyway come next weekend.Not strange at all due to their poor discipline record this season

Reznik
24/09/2011, 4:53 PM
St Marys 0-1 Blarney Utd

Clifford
24/09/2011, 8:44 PM
View 2-2 Fermoy.

Raped. Simple as that. Pen three from end nothing short of a disgusting decision. I'll leave it at that as I don't want to offend anyone.

Seanie mc with the goal of the season for us and Gav Quirke put us 2-1 after being behind at half time.

BillysBoots1
25/09/2011, 1:17 PM
View 2-2 Fermoy.

Raped. Simple as that. Pen three from end nothing short of a disgusting decision. I'll leave it at that as I don't want to offend anyone.

Seanie mc with the goal of the season for us and Gav Quirke put us 2-1 after being behind at half time.

It looked like a pen from where I was standing (trying to stop it going in with your arm as a defender is not allowed), maybe 2-2 was a bit harsh on Fermoy but Raped is a bit strong.

villaman10
25/09/2011, 1:46 PM
everton 2-2 midleton

pitch was in great nick before kick off!! like a mine field afterwards!
midleton played the better football but 2 horrendous mistakes at the back cost them their 2 goals! days of everton being derided as just a long ball team are gone i think, both teams tried to keep ball on the deck as much as possible, and in those conditions that was admirable!!

Glenbuck
25/09/2011, 1:47 PM
Mayfield 5 Hall 1. 3 off for Hall. Thought the forum would be on fire at this stage. Any reports lads..

Clifford
25/09/2011, 1:59 PM
It looked like a pen from where I was standing (trying to stop it going in with your arm as a defender is not allowed), maybe 2-2 was a bit harsh on Fermoy but Raped is a bit strong.

If it hit his hand and didn't hit his nose I'd agree with ya, but there ya go. I've learned that if you f and blind enoughfrom the side eventually you'll scare a decision for yourself. We must never stop learning eh.

mayfield utd
25/09/2011, 2:32 PM
ya won 5-1 against hall,we went 1 down to deccie o connell's good finish,came back to 1-1 just before halftime barry triggs,2 nd half our lads started well and got a goal from brosy,then kevin mull walked he was getting a yellow card for moaning then he said f**k off to the ref straight red,wayne mac made it 3-1,dean granger make it 4-1,deccie o connell walk after 4th goal for moaning at the linesman saying our 4th goal was offside,then varien saw red for a tackle from the side he got a straight red seemed a bit harsh,it looked like a yellow at worst,brosy made it 5 when the keeper made a bad mistake leaving the ball bounce over him,brosy ran onto it to score an easy goal.kevin mull and deccie o connell should get a huge ban,i think they have 2 red cards each already,a big ban might get them to stop moaning the whole game,they've been moaning to refs for years now

Pundit
25/09/2011, 5:32 PM
Good result for mayfield.Once again raising their game against the bigger teams. Dunno how they keep doing it but fair play to them. On the other hand when will the hall players learn, its seems to be the same 2or3players all the time.Surely the manager has to make an example out of them now. I think thats 5red cards already for the hall this season, Thats a disgrace in fairness.The msl should hammer the hall players and give them a big ban and finally they might stop acting like 3year olds.If they have ambitions to win anything this year than they will have to cut out the needless sending offs

Sparky
25/09/2011, 6:00 PM
Mayfied worthy of their win. They took 20 mins to settle but clawed their way back into it. The sending offs take from Mayfields performance. The Hall Management need to show example to the rest of the squad. Why are these players being selected each week if they cannot be trusted? Yes they are good players but they wont be affective from the line. All 22 players on the pitch get frustrated but its all about keeping discipline. Those players let their own players down. No. 9 upfront ran all day for Douglas and the sending offs did not help his case. I was watching from far side and felt very sorry for Derek Varian. It looked an awkward challenge but no malice in it whatsoever. It was his first foul of the day. I wont say who the ref was but he loves controversy everytime he is involved. Even when 4th official at LOI stage he tries to get involved. Very childish performance from him. In his defence he warned the other two players to keep their mouths shut. Mayfield played some fantastic stuff and got some great goals. It will be a close league this year. Well done to Douglas players for playing on when down to 8 with so much hard work and well done to Mayfield for going about a good job. Best team won on the day.

BillysBoots1
25/09/2011, 6:03 PM
If it hit his hand and didn't hit his nose I'd agree with ya, but there ya go. I've learned that if you f and blind enoughfrom the side eventually you'll scare a decision for yourself. We must never stop learning eh.

Agreed, the Ref (SOC) is poor and makes some strange decisions. He reacts to the shouting and the raoring. Good game and they'll both be there at the end of the season.

greengrass
25/09/2011, 7:08 PM
big win for mayfield
will they be to inconsistent to challenge though?

Glenbuck
25/09/2011, 7:23 PM
Mayfied worthy of their win. They took 20 mins to settle but clawed their way back into it. The sending offs take from Mayfields performance. The Hall Management need to show example to the rest of the squad. Why are these players being selected each week if they cannot be trusted? Yes they are good players but they wont be affective from the line. All 22 players on the pitch get frustrated but its all about keeping discipline. Those players let their own players down. No. 9 upfront ran all day for Douglas and the sending offs did not help his case. I was watching from far side and felt very sorry for Derek Varian. It looked an awkward challenge but no malice in it whatsoever. It was his first foul of the day. I wont say who the ref was but he loves controversy everytime he is involved. Even when 4th official at LOI stage he tries to get involved. Very childish performance from him. In his defence he warned the other two players to keep their mouths shut. Mayfield played some fantastic stuff and got some great goals. It will be a close league this year. Well done to Douglas players for playing on when down to 8 with so much hard work and well done to Mayfield for going about a good job. Best team won on the day.If its ok to mention players names why cant the ref be named ??? Anthony Buttimer was the ref according to fixture list.

Clifford
25/09/2011, 9:53 PM
Agreed, the Ref (SOC) is poor and makes some strange decisions. He reacts to the shouting and the raoring. Good game and they'll both be there at the end of the season.

Strangly enough it's the opposing line that I was on about, not the ref. The refs have a rotten job and get way to much grief as it is. I shout and vent as well as we all do, but this was an experience like no other tbf. I like SOC and couldn't blame him for probably sub consciously bending under a barrage of grief from the first kick to the last. Lesson learned and we move on.

Tramore at home next weekend for us. Anyone see them today in their first game?

BillysBoots1
26/09/2011, 7:18 AM
Strangly enough it's the opposing line that I was on about, not the ref. The refs have a rotten job and get way to much grief as it is. I shout and vent as well as we all do, but this was an experience like no other tbf. I like SOC and couldn't blame him for probably sub consciously bending under a barrage of grief from the first kick to the last. Lesson learned and we move on.

An experience like no other.....Clifford you are talking through your pie hole. Like Castleview are the only line that contest decisions and put pressure on referees. Fermoy were on the other side like lambs hoping the ref would be kind to them.

You say lesson learned, if you hadn't experienced this already you mustn't be around the MSL much over the years. Head up to Rockmount park some day and report back, I'm sure you have been there before on many occasions.

Sparky
26/09/2011, 8:03 AM
If its ok to mention players names why cant the ref be named ??? Anthony Buttimer was the ref according to fixture list.

I understand where you are coming from Glenbuck and I would have no problem in mentioning names either BUT it is just that I know this referee would love if his name was talked about over the weekend. That is the type he is. I just didn't want to give him the satisfaction nor do I think he deserves to be discussed.

Dixie's Cousin
26/09/2011, 9:56 AM

Clifford, I was at the match and the only thing that swayed the ref was the blatant hand ball for the penalty. But to be fair ye have a really good side and ye will be there or there abouts. On a negative note your left back was a disgrace, his attitude to the ref at the end of the match was not a nice thing to see. Could of being heat of the moment so I would let that slide.

code red
26/09/2011, 9:59 AM
St Marys 0-1 Blarney Utd

Good win for Blarney. Both teams missing players.Game itself was poor.Middle of midfield was swamped.Marys had a few shots in first half but Blarney had some great chances in 2nd half to wrap it up.Thought Marys would throw the kitchen sink but they seemed to run out of steam.

footiefanatic
26/09/2011, 10:01 AM

Wasn't at Tramore/Carrigaline game but heard about it. Finished 4-2 to carrigaline, carrig went 2-0 up. Pegged back to 2-2 and pushed on again with 2 goals in the second half. Tramore have a lot of nemo footballers playing for them apparently, Paul Kerrigan was starting up front. From what i hear very fit, but not much football, reckon ye shudnt have a problem against them next week Clifford.

razor
26/09/2011, 11:36 AM
I understand where you are coming from Glenbuck and I would have no problem in mentioning names either BUT it is just that I know this referee would love if his name was talked about over the weekend. That is the type he is. I just didn't want to give him the satisfaction nor do I think he deserves to be discussed.Egomania was to the fore at the Cross on Saturday night, was only the 4th official but made the ref stop the game in stoppage time with City on the attack so the camera could be on him for a minute as the ref sent off a Derry sub.

the hawk
26/09/2011, 12:52 PM
As usual the hall were a disgrace no matter how bad a ref is nobody deserves that crap .deccie n kev mul should be banned for at least 10 games if not more .they are consistent offenders.hw the hall put up with it is beyond me.they r a disgrace

Chiefscout
26/09/2011, 1:40 PM
As usual the hall were a disgrace no matter how bad a ref is nobody deserves that crap .deccie n kev mul should be banned for at least 10 games if not more .they are consistent offenders.hw the hall put up with it is beyond me.they r a disgrace
Patsy freyne should throw kev mull off senior league panel

Clifford
26/09/2011, 2:43 PM
Clifford, I was at the match and the only thing that swayed the ref was the blatant hand ball for the penalty. But to be fair ye have a really good side and ye will be there or there abouts. On a negative note your left back was a disgrace, his attitude to the ref at the end of the match was not a nice thing to see. Could of being heat of the moment so I would let that slide.

Heat of the moment for sure, Ryan's a gent and a great club man. Got so upset cos it was such a shocking decision - he was distraught and would hold his hands up (pardon the pun eh!!) and admit it if it was a HB. Made it even more obv to me that the decision was wrong, not that it was needed.

Hopefully we'll have enough in the tank to go one step further this season than last 2 where we've got so close.

Cheers.

Dixie's Cousin
26/09/2011, 2:55 PM
Heat of the moment for sure, Ryan's a gent and a great club man. Got so upset cos it was such a shocking decision - he was distraught and would hold his hands up (pardon the pun eh!!) and admit it if it was a HB. Made it even more obv to me that the decision was wrong, not that it was needed.

Hopefully we'll have enough in the tank to go one step further this season than last 2 where we've got so close.

Cheers.

It's good in one way to see players act like that because you can see they are truly committed. From what I saw you lads will definitely challenge, some classy footballers with true grit. I was in the Castleview Dugout because I'm part of the backroom staff and it was serious edge of the seat/bench stuff.

Clifford
26/09/2011, 2:57 PM
Patsy freyne should throw kev mull off senior league panel

http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f2/489825d1312990213-should-i-buy-rolex-sub-16610-first-watch-notsureifserious_re_oops_he_tripped_and_fell-s469x304-179758.jpg

Clifford
26/09/2011, 3:01 PM
It's good in one way to see players act like that because you can see they are truly committed. From what I saw you lads will definitely challenge, some classy footballers with true grit. I was in the Castleview Dugout because I'm part of the backroom staff and it was serious edge of the seat/bench stuff.

As was last season above there and at our place. As I've said before I admire the youth policy of the last few seasons and hope it pay's off this season (not at our expense obv!).

If we have a tougher encounter than that this season I'll let ya know. Game of two halves to be honest.

Clifford
26/09/2011, 3:03 PM
Wasn't at Tramore/Carrigaline game but heard about it. Finished 4-2 to carrigaline, carrig went 2-0 up. Pegged back to 2-2 and pushed on again with 2 goals in the second half. Tramore have a lot of nemo footballers playing for them apparently, Paul Kerrigan was starting up front. From what i hear very fit, but not much football, reckon ye shudnt have a problem against them next week Clifford.

Glad they have got a team sorted and can now get on with their season, thanks for that. Will be interesting to see what UCC bring to the table as well next weekend, as it's their first outing as well.

Glenbuck
26/09/2011, 4:10 PM
Things must have been bad if Ryan reacted in that manner. An absolute top bloke.

Reznik
26/09/2011, 4:51 PM
Things must have been bad if Ryan reacted in that manner. An absolute top bloke.

Agree totally Ryan Conway is a gent and can't imagine him losing the rag...

Chiefscout
26/09/2011, 9:59 PM
Deccy o Connell facing an 18 month suspension of fare is fare.Brian Healy got it for threatening an official...Deccy threatened 2?????

Reznik
26/09/2011, 10:29 PM
Deccy o Connell facing an 18 month suspension of fare is fare.Brian Healy got it for threatening an official...Deccy threatened 2?????

Well Chief! Is this a statement or a question???

el nino coro
26/09/2011, 11:11 PM

if a fight broke out the ref would have battered him

AvondaleNutter
27/09/2011, 7:01 AM
He's an absolute disgrace. A poisonous little fella. No place for him in the msl. What did he say to the referee? If he was threatening then it's at least a year

Chiefscout
27/09/2011, 7:27 AM
He's an absolute disgrace. A poisonous little fella. No place for him in the msl. What did he say to the referee? If he was threatening then it's at least a year
Told ref and linesman he would wait for them in carpark

Sparky
27/09/2011, 7:56 AM
Told ref and linesman he would wait for them in carpark

I don't know the guy from Adam but I just don't believe that to be honest. I bet a rumour that grew arms and legs. He is a lovely player and just needs someone to talk with him. Surely it is a case of being a bit spoilt and silly rather than malicious and dangerous!

We were all young, cut the boys some slack as they are lovely players to watch. YES, they have been seriously stupid over last 2-3 seasons but jaysus there is a hate mob growing here quickly.

My advice to them is let their feet do the talking.

Chiefscout
27/09/2011, 8:25 AM
I don't know the guy from Adam but I just don't believe that to be honest. I bet a rumour that grew arms and legs. He is a lovely player and just needs someone to talk with him. Surely it is a case of being a bit spoilt and silly rather than malicious and dangerous!

We were all young, cut the boys some slack as they are lovely players to watch. YES, they have been seriously stupid over last 2-3 seasons but jaysus there is a hate mob growing here quickly.

Believe it because it's true and isn't the first time he has done it

Gobias
27/09/2011, 11:23 AM

Didnt Healy threaten to stab the ref causing the match to be abandoned and the ref to go to the Gardai, think thats a bit worse than what Deccy did. Don't think he will get anything more than 5 or 6 games but it all depends on how serious the ref took his threat

justasupporter
27/09/2011, 12:07 PM

Think its a bit more than just talking to these fellas Sparky , they have no respect for anyone in authority ,refs coaches etc .. look at how many managers theyve been through in recent years for cryin out loud , always seems to be infighting in that club if you ask me & while you dont want to tar everyone there with the same brush its the same names constantly being mentioned , either being sent off or complaining about managers / coaches . refs can be headwreckers theres no doubth & as much as yould love to see them keep a lower profile in games its just never going to happen . im sure refs discuss the " Usual suspects " at their meetings ( maybe Man in the middle could touch on this )& on a club by club basis they know whos going to be the ones to watch on Matchdays , once they step out of line at all they get carded & it goes from there . probably feel they are being singled out at times , in some cases Id say they have a point but theres a lot of players in the MSL who will always pick up cards , you could name a lot of them .. for the Hall its 2 or 3 regulars .. varian not included here .

sorry for being a bit long winded on the topic .

maninthemiddle
27/09/2011, 1:54 PM
Think its a bit more than just talking to these fellas Sparky , they have no respect for anyone in authority ,refs coaches etc .. look at how many managers theyve been through in recent years for cryin out loud , always seems to be infighting in that club if you ask me & while you dont want to tar everyone there with the same brush its the same names constantly being mentioned , either being sent off or complaining about managers / coaches . refs can be headwreckers theres no doubth & as much as yould love to see them keep a lower profile in games its just never going to happen . im sure refs discuss the " Usual suspects " at their meetings ( maybe Man in the middle could touch on this )& on a club by club basis they know whos going to be the ones to watch on Matchdays , once they step out of line at all they get carded & it goes from there . probably feel they are being singled out at times , in some cases Id say they have a point but theres a lot of players in the MSL who will always pick up cards , you could name a lot of them .. for the Hall its 2 or 3 regulars .. varian not included here .

sorry for being a bit long winded on the topic .

as you will appreciate justa i have to be very cautious with the things i say here as you can bet there is other refs or people who know refs will be reading in.
in the case of the meetings i can honestly say in 5 years that players names never get mentioned openly to the floor etc. there may have been a handful of times that abandoned games are discussed for the purposes of learning and consitency but never names. when the refs talk amongst each other im not sure what they speak of but of course its human nature to discuss different games and their importance etc etc etc in the very same way ye are discussing it here.

i wish i could post more often but i just can't justify it being a ref. i have played all my life and had the same frustrations as i see here all the time but its all part of the game.

the only pattern i can see this years with all the sendings off in senior league this season so far is refs who are of a top grading not allowing themselve to be subjected to abuse or being undermimed.

i have said it so many times that you have to allow for the personality of a ref as well,the tolerance level of the ref and what he is willing to put up with and that can even change game to game. i will take a certain amount of frustration and questioning of decsions but never ever abuse.another ref may be different. you make it easy then as its a red.

when i played i accepted there was nothing i could do about a refs decision but i was rare. i had bigger things to worry about on the pitch than the ref was the way i looked at it.

i mean you have some balm pots will lose it over a stupid throw ball on the half way line. there is nothing you can do with those fellas.

Glenbuck
27/09/2011, 9:02 PM
Mount and Leeds off. Fog. A LOT OF FOG. Right decision in the end I suppose.

Silly Billy G
28/09/2011, 9:42 AM
I played in that match B Healy got abandoned and the ref did feel intimidated from what I could see. I didnt hear exactly what was said but judging from the ref on the nights reaction he didnt like it.
I dont know if DOC was similar to this but in fairness to the ref - does anyone deserve this level of abuse to be aimed in their direction ? I have played in plenty matches with awful ref's and probably shouted at them myself over decisions but i wouldnt threaten them. Do players genuinely believe that a MSL ref is operating with an specific agenda or some sort of bias because bad as some of them can be on their day i wouldnt believe that.
I have had plenty days to forget on the pitch and I'd imagine some ref's have the same. It's a pity for Douglas that they seem to implode on such a regular basis with the same faces appearing in the bad books because they have some of the most talented players in the league and also some genuinely honest and hardworking lads who deserve better than having to play with 9 or 10 men on a regular basis because their "teammates" cant keep their mouths shut. It always seems to be for mouthing too these people are sent off, abuse and mouthing when the going gets tough. It is unfair on the other lads in the team and the backroom staff and management who give their time and effort to see it made harder or to see their ambitions ruined through no fault of their own.

My two cents anyway

Horse24
28/09/2011, 12:51 PM
I personally believe the whole key to the refs debate is lack of a clear pathway from the clubs to discuss/comment on the performance of the refs. The clubs pay the refs but have no clear outlet to pass on comments. The most frustrating thing is seeing the same ref make the same mistakes (i dont mean once off errors of judgements, I mean more handling of games incorrectly). For example, some of the older refs use a schoolteacher approach to players - those days are gone but how do clubs get that point across? Pulling out a yellow card after a minute for a nothing foul kills the game for everyone - that sort of thing. Refs judge refs but they arent players. Players/clubs have no outlet like in the Premiership where the manager can ring the head of referees. It may not fix the problem but it could only help.

In my opinion, the only difference between Mr Healy and Mr O Connell maybe the reaction of the officials. One may feel intimidated whereas someone like maninthemiddle may not in the same position. If Mr Healy got 18 months, and another experience I know of got 2 years, then the line in the sand is drawn. 18 months to 2 years is the standard punishment.

maninthemiddle
28/09/2011, 2:00 PM
I personally believe the whole key to the refs debate is lack of a clear pathway from the clubs to discuss/comment on the performance of the refs. The clubs pay the refs but have no clear outlet to pass on comments. The most frustrating thing is seeing the same ref make the same mistakes (i dont mean once off errors of judgements, I mean more handling of games incorrectly). For example, some of the older refs use a schoolteacher approach to players - those days are gone but how do clubs get that point across? Pulling out a yellow card after a minute for a nothing foul kills the game for everyone - that sort of thing. Refs judge refs but they arent players. Players/clubs have no outlet like in the Premiership where the manager can ring the head of referees. It may not fix the problem but it could only help.

In my opinion, the only difference between Mr Healy and Mr O Connell maybe the reaction of the officials. One may feel intimidated whereas someone like maninthemiddle may not in the same position. If Mr Healy got 18 months, and another experience I know of got 2 years, then the line in the sand is drawn. 18 months to 2 years is the standard punishment.

well in these serious cases the intimidation factor goes out the window as you have a clear mandate as to what to do. in both cases above whether you are intimidated or not you issue a red card or if needs be end the game and report to the nearest garda station. its just like applying the rules.

i certainly wouldnt be intimidated in either of the above cases and would only be sorry that a red card was all i could do.

controlling the game is very important and what somtimes may seem like a harsh yellow is for control purposes. it is something (as horse says) players may not be aware of and i certainly wasnt when playing as well as a lot of other things.thats because of no link or two way education between players and refs.

on any given sunday you have hundreds of different scenarios and levels of importance,local rivalry, history of the clubs involved etc etc etc to allow for. i have had very important games that went without a hitch and friendlys that almost ended in bedlam and in all cases i am the one responsible for control and safety of the game. if you leave a dangerous tackle go in the first minute because "its only the first minute" then 20 minutes later you cant book a different player for the same offence. then you start to lose control and fellas wade in with tackles.

same with the abuse. if you allow yourself to take it then its open season where as if you deal with the first scenario you encounter correctly then its that way for the 90 minutes and nobody can say they were not warned or booked etc.

it is a tough tough job and thats why only a few are up for it but the training received since the new FAI referee development plan in 2007 can only improve refs without a doubt in the course of time.

again all i can say is i show every player and manager the utmost respect until i have reason to not. i do it because i love the game and i enjoy being a ref.if i wasnt id be lining a pitch or running a team. this is where i ended up. when the whistle goes i do my best and when its over i shake hands and i leave it on the pitch.

im only human. ha ha!

i cant speak for others but thats my take on it.

Sparky
28/09/2011, 2:19 PM
I genuinely think we should look a little at rugby. Before ye all start shouting I only mean in one sense. If abuse to a referee, a dangerous tackle or bad language etc is issued early in a game the referee 'COULD' call both captains of the teams in for a word that all players can hear. Then this way it looks to me that the referee does not want to book anyone or send anyone off but has given a warning to both squads. The Captains can jog back to their positions and tell his team to act like he is supposed to. I think it would work for the referee who would gain respect and all the players are made aware early. Just my opinion and I think it is a practical one.

maninthemiddle
28/09/2011, 2:48 PM
I genuinely think we should look a little at rugby. Before ye all start shouting I only mean in one sense. If abuse to a referee, a dangerous tackle or bad language etc is issued early in a game the referee 'COULD' call both captains of the teams in for a word that all players can hear. Then this way it looks to me that the referee does not want to book anyone or send anyone off but has given a warning to both squads. The Captains can jog back to their positions and tell his team to act like he is supposed to. I think it would work for the referee who would gain respect and all the players are made aware early. Just my opinion and I think it is a practical one.

it is a good idea but one that needs to be brought in at underage and made standard then. the world game/fifa should implement a rugby type set up at under 10/11 and leave it go that way in my opinion. it would have to suit the game though and not slow it down.

i never understood fellas abusing referees when they knwo the outcome. fair enough you might do it and get sent off once but how do fellas not learn from it. ill never get that regardless of bad decisions.

it is the equivalent to me of not bothering to learn how to get better at passing or heading a ball. get more self control if you suffer from rage. obvioulsy it must not be that easy. anyway!!