PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

Sparky
27/06/2011, 2:12 PM
With Rockmount rebuilding will it be the Hall's year? They were known as doing a 'Rory McIlroy' last year by bottling when so far ahead BUT he went on to win a title! :-) Anyone want to take a stab of top 3 and bottom two to go down for next year? I will start off with 1. Dale 2. Rockmount 3. Blarney and two to go down I will go with Leeds and Midleton.

Chiefscout
27/06/2011, 2:41 PM
With Rockmount rebuilding will it be the Hall's year? They were known as doing a 'Rory McIlroy' last year by bottling when so far ahead BUT he went on to win a title! :-) Anyone want to take a stab of top 3 and bottom two to go down for next year? I will start off with 1. Dale 2. Rockmount 3. Blarney and two to go down I will go with Leeds and Midleton.
1.Avondale..2.blarney..3.marys..4.hall..5.rockmoun t..6.Corinthians..7.everton..8.mayfield..9.midleto n..10.leeds

Chiefscout
27/06/2011, 2:46 PM
What way are ucc and tramore going to be next year?.think our castleview lads will be in with a shout of promotion next year with patsy adding a few and some good young fellas coming through

footiefanatic
27/06/2011, 4:09 PM
What way are ucc and tramore going to be next year?.think our castleview lads will be in with a shout of promotion next year with patsy adding a few and some good young fellas coming through

have castleview signed a few new players? don't think myself they have the quality they once had to push for promotion, think myself it is between UCC, Ringmahon and Carrigaline for promotion. Think Tramore are in serious trouble again next year if they don't sort out whatever problems they had in premier last year! As for Premier division, my predicition of 1-2-3 is Avondale, Rockmount and Douglas Hall, with leeds and midleton going down!

Chiefscout
27/06/2011, 5:48 PM
Top 3 best and over rated players in league
Best:1.Hoey..2:mark sull..3.scoops
Over rated1.Wilkie..2.Brendan o Connell..3.ray o Leary

thebooboys
27/06/2011, 7:11 PM
Maybe you can check with your source again Villaman regarding the "unrest" down in midleton with a fair few supposedly wanting out? Plus is it Paul Deasy (ex city) youths Ye are on about going from midleton to Rockmount??

collcorforever
27/06/2011, 7:14 PM
Whats with all the Dave Ahern bashing??? He is one of the best players who ever played for us and if Rockmount dont want him well take him back no problem, where were Rockmount when he signed?? Great player and a great guy, 5 league winner medals along the way!! Less of the player bashing fine having a top 3 but why bother with the over rated crap??

villaman10
27/06/2011, 7:17 PM
Maybe you can check with your source again Villaman regarding the "unrest" down in midleton with a fair few supposedly wanting out? Plus is it Paul Deasy (ex city) youths Ye are on about going from midleton to Rockmount??

answered you on the other thread boo!!

Chiefscout
27/06/2011, 7:27 PM
Whats with all the Dave Ahern bashing??? He is one of the best players who ever played for us and if Rockmount dont want him well take him back no problem, where were Rockmount when he signed?? Great player and a great guy, 5 league winner medals along the way!! Less of the player bashing fine having a top 3 but why bother with the over rated crap??Nobody knocking what the man has done.just saying he is past it in my opinion...was at alot of rockmount games toward the end of the season and believe me it wasn't because of ahernes signing that rockmount got to where they ended up.let's be honest

Sparky
27/06/2011, 7:29 PM
Whats with all the Dave Ahern bashing??? He is one of the best players who ever played for us and if Rockmount dont want him well take him back no problem, where were Rockmount when he signed?? Great player and a great guy, 5 league winner medals along the way!! Less of the player bashing fine having a top 3 but why bother with the over rated crap??

Agreed by me. By all means name out top 3 as it is interesting to hear others views but easy to slag off a player here who is out there every week and committed to trying his best. It is a very competetive and demanding league and it demands serious dedication so every player that plays regularly deserves some credit. Also, Dave Ahern is a quiet, unasuming sort so if he decides he wants to play on fair play to him. This season is going to be 'juicy' with the extra bit of edge on the forum of late.

collcorforever
27/06/2011, 8:42 PM
Sometimes it what a player brings to the squad, maybe Dave did not play well enough in your opinion but Billy must have seen something different than you and thats all that matters, a Rockmount player told me he really lifted the dressing room and gave them belief that they could still win the league when he signed!!

Chiefscout
27/06/2011, 8:49 PM
Sometimes it what a player brings to the squad, maybe Dave did not play well enough in your opinion but Billy must have seen something different than you and thats all that matters, a Rockmount player told me he really lifted the dressing room and gave them belief that they could still win the league when he signed!!
You are making him out to be a pity case which he is not.we will leave it at that now because there is no doubt Dave was a very good player.end of

go for gold
27/06/2011, 10:42 PM
rockmount went unbeaten from time dave ahern signed at christmas.great man to have around and he definately still has a lot to offer.obviously the fact he played in all big games shows the high regard he was thought of.he started away to crumlin for example.the players brought in at christmas by mount are reason they won league,not just dave but alan o connor,philip cunningham and ed buckley.alll became regulars and gave team a great boost.the latter two will prob miss start of year again due to gaa commitments.

Glenbuck
28/06/2011, 12:09 PM
heard a rumor that a junior player from midleton got a phone call off alan martin to play with rockmount next season!!! desperate times!!!!
Think that call may have been about a game of golf rather than signing.

Glenbuck
28/06/2011, 12:13 PM
i'm only guessing it's mickey deasy he rang,cos last i heard mickey plays with midleton,and i haven't seen mickey on the midleton senior squad in the two games we played them.yes they are ex teammates
Mickey and Alan are best mates. Thats as far as that one goes.

Glenbuck
28/06/2011, 12:15 PM
1.Avondale..2.blarney..3.marys..4.hall..5.rockmoun t..6.Corinthians..7.everton..8.mayfield..9.midleto n..10.leedsBrilliant

razor
28/06/2011, 12:36 PM
I know there's little loyalty in the MSL but it's like a tabloid newspaper on here lately.
Pick a player, pick a club.
I think we'll have to have a new thread for rumours.

Chiefscout
28/06/2011, 12:39 PM
Brilliant

Brilliant?...as a neutral and as a member of the forum I'm entitled to my opinion and this is one is based totally on football played by each team of what I saw last year..can't wait to see your league.and you can't have ten rockmounts!!!

casilles
28/06/2011, 2:07 PM
alright six yarder!!! any news on moves, u remind me a bit of georgie thompson on sky sports news, you have all the gossip!!!

villaman10
28/06/2011, 3:26 PM
Think that call may have been about a game of golf rather than signing.

very good, but it wasn't golf he was after!!

mayfield utd
28/06/2011, 5:28 PM
Ah stop Howie hes not near good enough for the Hall. Hes handy at best if thats the type of player there chasing this summer they wont be challenging Rockmount or Avondale this coming year. Danny Long from Everton is heading to Avondale not Douglas Hall...
howie a few good player and i think he'll get into the douglas hall midfield,but his the same type of midfielder as decky,kevin mull and co brilliant to have in your team when your on top in a match,these guy go out of a game when there under pressure and the other team is on top,but what douglas hall need is a midfielder with a bit of fight in him a player who does all the donkey work cover every blade of grass and who will throw himself into a tackle and is at his best when your team under pressure players like pat keane,steph hurley and cotter from avondale in there younger years would have been ideal

villaman10
28/06/2011, 7:09 PM
howie a few good player and i think he'll get into the douglas hall midfield,but his the same type of midfielder as decky,kevin mull and co brilliant to have in your team when your on top in a match,these guy go out of a game when there under pressure and the other team is on top,but what douglas hall need is a midfielder with a bit of fight in him a player who does all the donkey work cover every blade of grass and who will throw himself into a tackle and is at his best when your team under pressure players like pat keane,steph hurley and cotter from avondale in there younger years would have been ideal

very good point!! doyler for rockmount used to do the buisness as well!

Chiefscout
28/06/2011, 7:25 PM

Haven't the hall got mooresy and gearoid(use to play for Leeds) that can play that position?..the hall problem is lack of discipline when they go a goal down.very good football side but just lack that and at times a bit of heart

mayfield utd
28/06/2011, 8:35 PM

forgot about doyler he was probably the best player in this position in recent years

mayfield utd
28/06/2011, 8:43 PM
Haven't the hall got mooresy and gearoid(use to play for Leeds) that can play that position?..the hall problem is lack of discipline when they go a goal down.very good football side but just lack that and at times a bit of heart

moorsey like pat keane,steph hurley and cotter there best years are behind them(i know they can still do a good job),i never heard of the guy that use to play for leeds,if he was good enough surely he'd play cos there lacking that type of player

Pundit
28/06/2011, 9:50 PM
moorsey like pat keane,steph hurley and cotter there best years are behind them(i know they can still do a good job),i never heard of the guy that use to play for leeds,if he was good enough surely he'd play cos there lacking that type of player

That guy gearoid is gaz who plays at the back for the hall.. Mayfield Utd surely ur not putting gaz in the same bracket as cotts or pat keane who were and still are excellent players..He is nowhere them..Moorsey is still one of the best midfielders in the league and wud prob get into any side in the msl.. The hall problem is there central defence. They need a centre half badly.. They never replaced shammy long. He was a proper centre half.

Chiefscout
28/06/2011, 10:12 PM
That guy gearoid is gaz who plays at the back for the hall.. Mayfield Utd surely ur not putting gaz in the same bracket as cotts or pat keane who were and still are excellent players..He is nowhere them..Moorsey is still one of the best midfielders in the league and wud prob get into any side in the msl.. The hall problem is there central defence. They need a centre half badly.. They never replaced shammy long. He was a proper centre Gaz half.Gaz hasn't the football of cotts or keane but is one tough bol**x.it's a fella like that the hall need in there...defensively they are poor through the middle

mayfield utd
29/06/2011, 5:06 PM
That guy gearoid is gaz who plays at the back for the hall.. Mayfield Utd surely ur not putting gaz in the same bracket as cotts or pat keane who were and still are excellent players..He is nowhere them..Moorsey is still one of the best midfielders in the league and wud prob get into any side in the msl.. The hall problem is there central defence. They need a centre half badly.. They never replaced shammy long. He was a proper centre half.
no i didn't know it was gaz at the back he was talking about,his not the best in the back line let alone midfield,he's not a good ball player, pat keane , steph hurley and cotter can play ball.if moorsey is one of the best midfielders why is he spending so much time on the bench when douglas hall or crying out for a midfielder like him,,i said his best years are behind him cos he not getting in the team,moorsey of say 3 years ago would have walked in the douglas hall team.your right moorsey has been one of the best midfielders in the msl over the last few years

Chiefscout
29/06/2011, 8:08 PM
no i didn't know it was gaz at the back he was talking about,his not the best in the back line let alone midfield,he's not a good ball player, pat keane , steph hurley and cotter can play ball.if moorsey is one of the best midfielders why is he spending so much time on the bench when douglas hall or crying out for a midfielder like him,,i said his best years are behind him cos he not getting in the team,moorsey of say 3 years ago would ha

ve walked in the douglas hall team.your right moorsey has been one of the best midfielders in the msl over the last few yearsfirst of all Gaz would walk onto mayfield team in either position.and 2nd of all surely your not suggesting Steph was anywhere near as good or even in same category player as cots or keane

villaman10
29/06/2011, 10:24 PM
mooresy player/ ass. coach next season for douglas, be interseting to see how that goes for him and douglas!!

mayfield utd
29/06/2011, 11:14 PM
first of all Gaz would walk onto mayfield team in either position.and 2nd of all surely your not suggesting Steph was anywhere near as good or even in same category player as cots or keane

1st of all gaz wouldn't get a game with our seniors,his good in the air that about it,secondly i never said steph was as good as pat keane or cotter,i said his the same type of player and his done a decent enough job in that position for us and rockmount over the years.gaz would walk into the castleview team no problem cos there only a mid table 1st division team :-) go on defend your teammates cos your still a player,just remember patsy will replace you when he can find a half decent player

Blue
30/06/2011, 6:21 AM
no i didn't know it was gaz at the back he was talking about,his not the best in the back line let alone midfield,he's not a good ball player, pat keane , steph hurley and cotter can play ball.if moorsey is one of the best midfielders why is he spending so much time on the bench when douglas hall or crying out for a midfielder like him,,i said his best years are behind him cos he not getting in the team,moorsey of say 3 years ago would have walked in the douglas hall team.your right moorsey has been one of the best midfielders in the msl over the last few years

Hi lads, just joined up but have been taking an interest in this for a while now.
@Mayfield utd, u said mooresy spends time on the bench this season. ive seen him once on the bench id say, last year he got munster senior league player of the year, this year douglas hall senior player of the year and im sure he got it 3 years ago too. mooresy would still walk into any munster senior league team.

Chiefscout
30/06/2011, 6:30 AM
1st of all gaz wouldn't get a game with our seniors,his good in the air that about it,secondly i never said steph was as good as pat keane or cotter,i said his the same type of player and his done a decent enough job in that position for us and rockmount over the years.gaz would walk into the castleview team no problem cos there only a mid table 1st division team :-) go

on defend your teammates cos your still a player,just
remember patsy will replace you when he can find a half
decent playerVery harsh mayfield united.but your wrong in so many points especially with me still being with castleview.plus Gaz wouldn't take a giant step down and play for your lot like Steph did and use ye as a something to do on a Sunday morning club...that is when he turns up

Silly Billy G
30/06/2011, 8:23 AM
The Forum turning into a right bitch fest ha

Moorsey getting involved in the management surely a good idea. I dont know him too well - played against him for years but seemed to be very well respected and liked by the players. D Hall have had problems maintaining discipline for the last few years in my opinion and this has cost them the league. Too many sendings off for mouthing and the like esp from senior talented players who should know better. If Moorsey can get through to these lads to let their football do the talking and stop throwing tantrums then they could finally clinch the title. In fairness to them they have the players to beat any team in the league and on their day could even hammer some of the better teams. Problem comes when teams such as Rockmount/ Avondale even Blarney frustrate them they struggle to remain patient and keep playing the football they are capable of. Dec O'Connell, Kev Mulcahy and Strachan would get into every team in the MSL - they are no good suspended or sent off though.

All of this just my opinion before I get a crate load of abuse.

thebooboys
30/06/2011, 1:46 PM
i dont think this forum should be about slating fellas who to be honest are prob far better players than most of the people who write on here...the likes of gaz moorsy steph cotter etc are playing msl premier division with the top teams (past tense in stephs case) so i think people should be careful in what they say..everyone entitled to an opinion fair enough but if ur gona come out and be personal with ur abuse of a player then have the guts to put ur name alongside the post and stand over ur comment..very easy to be critical using an alias......
having a go at a particular team/club etc i dont have an issue with as thats part of the craic of the forum but as i said if ur gona get personal with a fella then man up about it..
so id be interested to see if chiefscout or mayfield united will come clean now with who they are or will they retreat;)

Couldnt let this one pass........ Red and White from p.115 on AUL thread regarding 2 AUL players not being good enough "Blarney??? No chance...he is a fine player but not at that level...not to be critical but i reckon he would struggle to get 5 leage goals at that level....didnt leesides star man head to avondale a few years ago but never cut the grade....thats not a criticism because hes been a fantastic aul player but just saying its a huge jump.....from macroom he would be better going to a ballincollig team and bangin int he goals at that level first"............................

Pot and Kettle spring to mind........................ Or have you "manned up" already Red and White?????????? ;-p

townhall tez
30/06/2011, 2:25 PM
Dead right red and white, these players dont deserve any type of judgement or abuse, to be fair half of them probably dont bother reading this!! Anyone hear anything about Scoops going to Rockmount, I know Gareth Cambridge did and If Scoops has thats a very strong addition. Also anyone here anything about the Hall signing Beezer to replace Mark Murphy?? Avondale will be the team to beat this year id say, looks like they have been busy since the end of the season.

mayfield utd
30/06/2011, 5:35 PM
Hi lads, just joined up but have been taking an interest in this for a while now.
@Mayfield utd, u said mooresy spends time on the bench this season. ive seen him once on the bench id say, last year he got munster senior league player of the year, this year douglas hall senior player of the year and im sure he got it 3 years ago too. mooresy would still walk into any munster senior league team.
we played 3 or 4 times this season and i fairly sure he was an unused sub in all the games,i never said his a bad player his been brilliant for douglas hall,i said i think his best years are probably behind him.didn't mark sullivan from avondale get munster senior league player of the year.i'm sorry for slating gaz of douglas hall,i only did it cos chiefscout was having a pop at our club and got under my skin.as for posting who i am i'll do it when we're all doing it.and yes all those player are better than i ever was,i couldn't make it any grade,i couldn't kick a ball straight and i didn't like running.i found out at a young age i was a better supporter

bluey
30/06/2011, 8:54 PM
Here Here Booboys!!!!

Chiefscout
30/06/2011, 8:59 PM
Dead right red and white, these players dont deserve any type of judgement or abuse, to be fair half of them probably dont bother reading this!! Anyone hear anything about Scoops going to Rockmount, I know Gareth Cambridge did and If Scoops has thats a very strong addition. Also anyone here anything about the Hall signing Beezer to replace Mark Murphy?? Avondale will be the team to beat this year id say, looks like they have bee
n busy since the end of the season.all rockmount lies about scoops.he is staying with marys and I know this as fact from talking to him and his brother.I think he is captain of marys?..

villaman10
01/07/2011, 8:17 AM
Dead right red and white, these players dont deserve any type of judgement or abuse, to be fair half of them probably dont bother reading this!! Anyone hear anything about Scoops going to Rockmount, I know Gareth Cambridge did and If Scoops has thats a very strong addition. Also anyone here anything about the Hall signing Beezer to replace Mark Murphy?? Avondale will be the team to beat this year id say, looks like they have been busy since the end of the season.

where's murphy gone??

maninthemiddle
01/07/2011, 2:04 PM
i think to be fair he was 'rotated';).....

that is the case.

believe me refs dont take notice of what peoples opinion of them is especially amongst our own.its the way it has to be as well to remain neutrals.

most refs are rotated each year. around 5 or 6 grade ones are kept in each section for consistency as they work in trios in the senior league.

i'm not sure but off the top of my head john linehan is gone to the youths league this year.

senior league will be gettin damien o' mahony (aul ref of the year), john thompsn and aiden o regan and i'm not sure who else with john lyne, larry buckley and gene stephens heading to the AUL. thats off the top of my head. you can see the panels on the refs webste to be sure.

one question,why are fellas all hung up on slating players etc. as it's personal but the same doesnt apply to refs?

are we really that hated? lol

maninthemiddle
01/07/2011, 4:23 PM
id say i know you well chief. was at castleview for a 2 year stint about 4 or 5 years ago. know all the lads up there well.

Chiefscout
01/07/2011, 8:37 PM
Both first division and premier should be crackers this year with majority of teams adding and losing players...expect the midtable teams from both division to really push on this year and some of the bigboys to get alot of shocks

Goggs
02/07/2011, 12:45 PM
O rejoyce heard theirs a party been thrown by all premier managers with this fantastic news.

maninthemiddle
02/07/2011, 1:36 PM
O rejoyce heard theirs a party been thrown by all premier managers with this fantastic news.

doesnt mean you wont see him for cover in a trio.

sharpshooter
02/07/2011, 2:04 PM
are u actually serious booboy???? my comments on both players indicate they are very good players just stating 'a fact' regarding the leeside player as the one time he played msl he didnt last too long and just stating that jumping from aul prem to msl prem in the case of the macroom player was a very big jump...how is the 'slating' someone.... there is people on here knocking established prem league players as if they could barely tie their laces on a sunday morning which i thought was unfair....

so u can put the kettle back in the press please;)
it would be a step up alright but not a very big jump...

Glenbuck
02/07/2011, 2:06 PM
O rejoyce heard theirs a party been thrown by all premier managers with this fantastic news.Dont think John is the worse ref around. He is by the book which is why a lot of people seem to have a problem with him. Personally speaking I like him. Nice guy as well.

Glenbuck
02/07/2011, 2:07 PM
Trying to get my head around that one Chiefscout.

Glenbuck
02/07/2011, 2:10 PM
Both first division and premier should be crackers this year with majority of teams adding and losing players...expect the midtable teams from both division to really push on this year and some of the bigboys to get alot of shocksThe same old shout every year and what happens. The cream will come to the top. Always does. The season just gone is a perfect example. Mount and Dale had indifferent starts to the season and drove on when it really mattered.

Glenbuck
02/07/2011, 2:13 PM
Was there a major gathering of MSL managers and ex managers in Heineken brewery last night. It was like a whos who coming out of it at 9 o clock last night. All seemed in good spirits as well.