PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

villaman10
15/06/2011, 2:24 PM
some big names being mentioned all ready!! avondale dont seem to be resting on their laurels, but i'd be fairly sure that they are not the only one's, goin to be some big phone bills coming through club's door's soon!! douglas will surely hold on to the core of their players, at least for one more push next year after being so close, guess it depends on who they get to take over

maninthemiddle
15/06/2011, 3:20 PM
I heard last night that Avondale have approached 2 or 3 douglas hall players and big players in saying that .Also how can the hall have approached buttzy when they dont even have a manager ,

Willie byrnes isnt leaving because of travel he is leaving because he had a falling out with billy over not playing after getting fit and since he is living in cloyne would be the sensible option to join Midelton .

thats a bit of a contradiction there hawk. he was thinking of it last year and was asked by midleton but stayed but now i guess its the right time and the travel.

Fantasista
15/06/2011, 5:32 PM
Thats a fairly bold prediction redandwhite saying that corintians will finish 3rd have any names on their new signings

douglas local
15/06/2011, 6:10 PM
kelvin is the man with two surprise helpers

the hawk
15/06/2011, 7:26 PM
i know who the suprise helpers are haha

Goggs
15/06/2011, 9:00 PM
looks like corentians arent going to be just making up the numbers next year..early shoult is mayfield, midleton, everton and leeds to contest the drop....top 3 to be avondale, rockmount corentians in that order...looks like hall better make a decision fast as the likes of avondale/corentians will rip their squad apart given half a chance...for the leagues sake lets hope they stay together as the more strong teams that are there the better
Unless Corinthians have some sugar daddy involved redandwhite that's a bold prediction you must know something we don't.

mayfield utd
15/06/2011, 11:26 PM
looks like corentians arent going to be just making up the numbers next year..early shoult is mayfield, midleton, everton and leeds to contest the drop....top 3 to be avondale, rockmount corentians in that order...looks like hall better make a decision fast as the likes of avondale/corentians will rip their squad apart given half a chance...for the leagues sake lets hope they stay together as the more strong teams that are there the better

ok i can see why you put us and midleton in there for the drop plus leeds as there just coming up,but where did everton come from,i think they finished 4th this season ahead of the likes of marys and blarney.i think the league has 3 groups,group A(favourites to win the league) would be rockmount avodale and douglas hall,group B (dark horses) would be mayfield,marys,blarney,everton and maybe midleton group C (new comers) collage cor and leeds.now to put us down for the drop is a bit harsh,there is very little if anything between us and all the teams i have in group B and on our day or lads or more than a match for the teams in group A.what is your club redandwhite,have you seen much of our lads playing this season

maninthemiddle
16/06/2011, 5:32 AM
I'd agree with that mayfield. I think group A and B Wil be a lot closer this season as well with new management for rockmount and also Douglas showed last year it is now possible to compete at the top.

if group b teams can pick up the right player or 2 they need the could easily challenge.

Lots of dropped points last year by title contenders that you would nit normally have expected.

Glenbuck
16/06/2011, 8:21 AM
[QUOTE=Glenbuck;1497794]Why would it gall you Villaman. Build a bridge and get over it. Marky Sull player of year confirmed.[/QUOT

dont like their style of footie glenbuck, thats all bud!! christ you you are biased :-)Your laughable. ha ha

Glenbuck
16/06/2011, 8:22 AM
Does Jesus follow Rockmount as well?I have been called worse Razor.

Glenbuck
16/06/2011, 8:23 AM
that funny cos i also heard about buttsy going to the hall,i was thinking the days of big clubs taken small clubs players were gone when caulfield and billy cronin left.Mayfield are a BIG club. Would you agree.

Glenbuck
16/06/2011, 8:26 AM
I heard last night that Avondale have approached 2 or 3 douglas hall players and big players in saying that .Also how can the hall have approached buttzy when they dont even have a manager ,

Willie byrnes isnt leaving because of travel he is leaving because he had a falling out with billy over not playing after getting fit and since he is living in cloyne would be the sensible option to join Midelton .Midleton has been on the horizon for Willie for last 2 years. Best of luck to him where ever he goes. Great servant to our club.

mayfield utd
17/06/2011, 12:25 AM
Mayfield are a BIG club. Would you agree.

as i said we're in the group B part of the league,some of the younger lads have started to come of age the last 2 or 3 seasons (most of them or still only 20-25 years old with a few old heads).this season was only our 2nd season premier after a few yo yo years,so i wouldn't say we're a big club yet,maybe a few more years premier and a bit more silverware.going back only a few years ago (when we were a mid table 1st division team)teams like avondale or rockmount could come calling to our better players and say look your playing with a mid table 1st division team ,sign for us and we could win the premier league or intermediate cup,and of course that player head could be turned,even now avondale or rockmount could called to let's just say alberto(our keeper)and say nearly the same thing.i'll call us a big club when we can say those things to players we're trying to sign :-)

Chiefscout
17/06/2011, 12:46 PM
Alot of activity going on transfer wise and rumor wise
Buttsy,Kinger,Darren heading to oz,also hoey meant to b going to the states.this despite Alan Martin claiming he keeping same squad as last year.Leeds looking to bring back few old faces.heard that rumours of scoops and Gareth leaving the boys in kilcully are well wide of the mark.if they add a few I reckon they cud b the dark horses...ps hope that yer respective managers can leave our castleview lads alone

mayfield utd
17/06/2011, 2:57 PM
Alot of activity going on transfer wise and rumor wise
Buttsy,Kinger,Darren heading to oz,also hoey meant to b going to the states.this despite Alan Martin claiming he keeping same squad as last year.Leeds looking to bring back few old faces.heard that rumours of scoops and Gareth leaving the boys in kilcully are well wide of the mark.if they add a few I reckon they cud b the dark horses...ps hope that yer respective managers can leave our castleview lads alone
i can't see hoey leaving doesn't he have a young family,unless there going with him,buttsy darren and kinger are all young men and i wouldn't think they'd have kids to be leaving behind them

go for gold
17/06/2011, 10:23 PM
king and darren heading away alright but buttsy and hoey are going nowhere.mount are going 4 three leagues in a row next year for their first time and will be very hard to stop.

mayfield utd
17/06/2011, 11:01 PM
king and darren heading away alright but buttsy and hoey are going nowhere.mount are going 4 three leagues in a row next year for their first time and will be very hard to stop.

if kinger and darren or gone and willie and gaz or ment to be signing for midleton and i take it ray and dave ahearn or retired,that 6 gone from this season squad,now i know rockmount had a big squad but 6 players is alot to lose,i know there was talks of 2 marys players signing but someone posted those marys players or going nowhere.i'm not a rockmount basher like some on here in fact i think they've been brilliant for cork soccer under billy cronin,but will alan martin find it hard to sign players cos his new to management.who's gonna be alan martin number i did hear anything yet

Chiefscout
17/06/2011, 11:41 PM
if kinger and darren or gone and willie and gaz or ment to be signing for midleton and i take it ray and dave ahearn or retired,that 6 gone from this season squad,now i know rockmount had a big squad but 6 players is alot to lose,i know there was talks of 2 marys players signing but someone posted those marys players or going nowhere.i'm not a rockmount basher like some on here in fact i think they've been brilliant for cork soccer Asiiiiiiiiiunder billy cronin,but will alan martin find it hard to iiiiiiiisign players cos his new to management.who's gonna klkkkkbe alan martin number i did hear anything i dyetI don't know Alan Marvin as a player or person or manager as I am 2 young.was he gd player?.,will he attract players to replace the players that are heading abroad from other top teams like Billy has?..chatting wit people in the know today and they hav their doubts...any new signings in mayfield on the way?.

maninthemiddle
18/06/2011, 6:21 AM
Alan Martin was a great player who stopped well before his time. a one club player and a great lad with plenty of medals to boot.

he has been around billy for over a decade so will have seen and done it all.

Chiefscout
18/06/2011, 8:27 AM
Alan Martin was a great player who stopped well before his time. a one club player and a great lad with plenty of medals to boot.

As we have seen in past good players don't always make gd managers so let's just wait and see...not knocking the man,but with alot of their junior players going senior next year I'm just questioning his pulling power

go for gold
18/06/2011, 1:22 PM
played with alan,great player but unfortunately struggled with injurys later on in career.have know doubt he'll make a great manager aswell.will have no prob attracting plyers,after all their not a club in decline but the league champs.gaz leaving wouldn,t make any sense,no link to midleton and played in majority of big games last year.ray leahy to be alans no 2 with derek clarke still taking training.dave ahern will lend a hand also but will be playing one more year.rockmount in safe hands

six-yard-box
18/06/2011, 3:33 PM
if kinger and darren or gone and willie and gaz or ment to be signing for midleton and i take it ray and dave ahearn or retired,that 6 gone from this season squad,now i know rockmount had a big squad but 6 players is alot to lose,i know there was talks of 2 marys players signing but someone posted those marys players or going nowhere.i'm not a rockmount basher like some on here in fact i think they've been brilliant for cork soccer under billy cronin,but will alan martin find it hard to sign players cos his new to management.who's gonna be alan martin number i did hear anything yet

pretty sure clarkey will be his no.2. gareth will sign with rockmount and i dont think the two lads will retire. heard that martin said its same again minus kinger n darren with the addition of gareth.

Chiefscout
18/06/2011, 3:36 PM

Everton trying to sign Gavin o Leary and Grainger from marys...Leeds trying for Colin keane from leeside

mayfield utd
18/06/2011, 11:34 PM

ya he was a great player won everything,but he was a two club man he spend a short spell at college cor the season before he retired then returned to rockmount as part of the management team.roy keane was around the greatest manager in english soccer and it didn't help his manager career did it,lol

mayfield utd
18/06/2011, 11:50 PM
I don't know Alan Marvin as a player or person or manager as I am 2 young.was he gd player?.,will he attract players to replace the players that are heading abroad from other top teams like Billy has?..chatting wit people in the know today and they hav their doubts...any new signings in mayfield on the way?.

billy cronin was like a snake charmer ,he use to get players under his spell and get them to sign,the man was brilliant at it,i don't know how he got so many players to sign for him over the years.i meet alan martin a few times very nice guy but i don't know if he has the same snake charm billy cronin has,in saying that not many managers in the league have it either.i wish the guy all the best but his got big big boots to fill.as regarding signing for us the manager is talking to a few players but i can't say who just yet,and as far as i know all of this seasons squad or coming back next season

Billynomates
19/06/2011, 9:03 AM
Alan carey linked with avondale. Also brendan o connell could be making a return.

Chiefscout
19/06/2011, 9:40 AM
Alan carey linked with avondale. Also brendan o connell could be making a return.

Fair play to cotter for turning around Avondale.now there is a man and manager that players respect and will want to play for.no intimidation tactics from him or his staff during matches.

Chiefscout
19/06/2011, 1:45 PM

B no surprise to see Avondale add even more quality...anymore transfer gossip?..castleview have alot of good young players going senior next year

Chiefscout
20/06/2011, 7:26 AM
B no surprise to see Avondale add even more quality...anymore transfer gossip?..castleview have alot of good young players going senior next year

Fierce rumour that the hall getting sponsored by c&c next year to give them sum bottle

Chiefscout
20/06/2011, 11:49 AM
Fierce rumour that the hall getting sponsored by c&c next year to give them sum bottle

Best of luck to the castleview lads playing in the blarney 7s

Chiefscout
20/06/2011, 2:55 PM
Best of luck to the castleview lads playing in the blarney 7s

Malcolm stokes taking over passage

Glenbuck
20/06/2011, 5:30 PM
if kinger and darren or gone and willie and gaz or ment to be signing for midleton and i take it ray and dave ahearn or retired,that 6 gone from this season squad,now i know rockmount had a big squad but 6 players is alot to lose,i know there was talks of 2 marys players signing but someone posted those marys players or going nowhere.i'm not a rockmount basher like some on here in fact i think they've been brilliant for cork soccer under billy cronin,but will alan martin find it hard to sign players cos his new to management.who's gonna be alan martin number i did hear anything yetDerek Clarke. Outstanding coach.

Glenbuck
20/06/2011, 5:34 PM
I don't know Alan Marvin as a player or person or manager as I am 2 young.was he gd player?.,will he attract players to replace the players that are heading abroad from other top teams like Billy has?..chatting wit people in the know today and they hav their doubts...any new signings in mayfield on the way?.Well here is another in the know. Alan Martin is a top class bloke. Steeped in Rockmount. Captain of our 99 team.

Glenbuck
20/06/2011, 5:39 PM
ya he was a great player won everything,but he was a two club man he spend a short spell at college cor the season before he retired then returned to rockmount as part of the management team.roy keane was around the greatest manager in english soccer and it didn't help his manager career did it,lolWash out your mouth. Ha ha. Alan never played with College Cors. He went Lge Of Ireland with Ramblers for a few months.

Glenbuck
20/06/2011, 5:40 PM
Alan carey linked with avondale. Also brendan o connell could be making a return.Roy Long from Everton as well is on the radar.

villaman10
20/06/2011, 5:58 PM
Roy Long from Everton as well is on the radar.

wouldn't of taught he was avondale standard?? is it a case that avondale are asking everybody in the hope that 2/3 might say yes!!

Chiefscout
20/06/2011, 6:15 PM
Well here is another in the know. Alan Martin is a top class bloke. Steeped in Rockmount. Captain of our 99 team.

As I said I don't know Alan Marvin personally.I'll take yer word on his past glories but as a follower of the senior league the last few years to b fair every Tom dick and Harry join rockmount for medals.sum don't even play and are in my eyes glory hunting

collcorforever
20/06/2011, 8:31 PM
Wash out your mouth. Ha ha. Alan never played with College Cors. He went Lge Of Ireland with Ramblers for a few months.

He played with Corinthians for 6 months while Pat maher and Len Downey were in Charge!! Nice guy really committed but would not fancy him as my manager!

mayfield utd
20/06/2011, 8:53 PM
Wash out your mouth. Ha ha. Alan never played with College Cors. He went Lge Of Ireland with Ramblers for a few months.

seems your don't know your own manager,told you he played a short spell with college cor lol

Chiefscout
21/06/2011, 9:37 AM
Malcolm stokes and Andy moylod taking over at passage united...

Sparky
21/06/2011, 2:23 PM
Malcolm stokes and Andy moylod taking over at passage united...

Chiefscout ............... It's Alan Martin and Andy Mylod.

p.s. only slagging so dont come back with angry comments!!!!!

note: Alan Martin was a fine player and I think he will be successful.

Chiefscout
21/06/2011, 2:31 PM
Chiefscout ............... It's Alan Martin and Andy Mylod.

p.s. only slagging so dont come back with angry comments!!!!!

note: Alan Martin was a fine player and I think he will be successful.Oh I apologize sparty ;-)...I don't know who these old fellas are,I just getting 2nd hand info and passing it on

Glenbuck
21/06/2011, 4:29 PM
He played with Corinthians for 6 months while Pat maher and Len Downey were in Charge!! Nice guy really committed but would not fancy him as my manager!Would that not be his brother Damian.

mayfield utd
21/06/2011, 5:26 PM
Would that not be his brother Damian.no it was alan

casilles
21/06/2011, 7:06 PM
Dommy did do a short stint out castletreasure one time !! Lads Alan was a great footballer who took a break for a few years and returned as part of the Backroom staff at the mount. I know this year he became the asst manager after a year as a coach. Iv no doubt he will be a success. Him and Derek Clarke are well schooled.

On buttsy leaving from the players own mouth he is staying 100%. k

Chiefscout
21/06/2011, 7:49 PM
Dommy did do a short stint out castletreasure one time !! Lads Alan was a great footballer who took a break for a few years and returned as part of the Backroom staff at the mount. I know this year he became the asst manager after a year as a coach. Iv no doubt he will be a success. Him and Derek Clarke are well schooled.

On buttsy leaving from the players own mouth he is stayingI'm 100%. kI'm pretty sure that they will b up there challenging again with all the players gathered up from other clubs that they take...no loyalty in football

Glenbuck
21/06/2011, 9:30 PM
Wash out your mouth. Ha ha. Alan never played with College Cors. He went Lge Of Ireland with Ramblers for a few months.My sincerest apoligies to all. Research has certainly shown that Alan did play in College Corinthians. Just after his stint with Ramblers.

Clifford
21/06/2011, 10:03 PM
Fair play to cotter for turning around Avondale.now there is a man and manager that players respect and will want to play for.no intimidation tactics from him or his staff during matches.

Evening John. Must be yerself if ya think Cotts doesn't or didn't rely on intimidation. Take a bow if you believe that kid. One of the easiest players to wind up on a pitch. Cracking player an all as he was.

I don't think himself or marky Sul or many others are born and bred Dale either so direct some of the snide remarks about Mount to them as well some time.

Welcome to the forum!

mayfield utd
21/06/2011, 10:44 PM
Evening John. Must be yerself if ya think Cotts doesn't or didn't rely on intimidation. Take a bow if you believe that kid. One of the easiest players to wind up on a pitch. Cracking player an all as he was.

I don't think himself or marky Sul or many others are born and bred Dale either so direct some of the snide remarks about Mount to them as well some time.

Welcome to the forum!
i know what you mean about cotts being easy to wind up on the pitch ,but i think what chiefscout ment was he doesn't screaming at refs and being heard 5 miles away like some other managers do

maninthemiddle
22/06/2011, 7:38 AM
i played against john many times down the years and he was one tough opponent but he knew well how to leave a late leg or how to wind you up when the ref wouldnt be looking. all part of the game and as was said you could usually get under his skin as well.

as for management i only saw him close hand this season at the douglas hall game a few weeks back and he had plenty to say from the side about decisions. no ore than most but he certainly wasnt wearing a halo either.