PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

Glenbuck
28/05/2011, 11:48 AM
Sending Triggs off so early for what in my view was a soft 2nd yellow set a precedence, some fairly soft yellows doled out after that.
Fair Play to Rockmount for donating the gate to charity.
He had already spoken to Triggsy between both yellow cards. In fact he could have seen straight red for first challenge. One thing putting up a high boot but there was a double movement.

Glenbuck
28/05/2011, 11:54 AM
finbar was useless.very harsh sending off.. Fair paly to both teams going for it in the second half.. some very good saves made by all the keepers... It just goes to show why you need a good keeper in reserve I think your choice of words in describing Finbarrs performance is bordering on disgusting. While we all have our ups and downs with refs, Shame on you mate.

Clifford
28/05/2011, 12:29 PM
Easy to throw out poor comments on a forum. If you have an issue then sign up as a ref and solve the probs of the world Jack. The integrity and dedication of all MSL refs is unquestioned. If mistakes are made the lads know better than anyone and try to correct it. To label one of them like that is nothing short of ridiculous and I'm sure razor will get rid of it.

maninthemiddle
28/05/2011, 1:28 PM
There was a big turn out. Not a great judge of crowd numbers but the whole perimeter of the pitch was full. As razor said fair play to rockmount for donating the gate recipts to charity. Nice gesture.

With regards the match with the 5 red cards. I was at that game and they were all justified red cards. Dan Deady was reffing that day and he got all the decisions right hence nobody on this forum questioned the sendings off (if my memory serves me correct). Im not having an attack personally on finbar and im sure he is a nice bloke but my opinion is he is not a top ref and shouldnt be reffing a game of this importance. I have seen him ref a few games during the year and was dissapointed with his attitude to players and his decisions. I personally think john lyne should have reffed it and finbar on the line but im sure people will probably disagree with me. Football is full of opinions.

no bother with any of that billy. you are well entitled to yuor opinion. as i tell player every match i do its never personal. some days you have fellas apologising for taclkes etc. we have all made bad tackles but some are done on purpose and some are just late or agressive but no matter what i always tell the players its nothing personal.im sure there are plenty think im a good ref and plenty think im a bad one.

i wouldnt be refereeing if i let that bother me. the only thing that boils my blood is fellas thinking its personal and labelling you because of it.

we are all gods children lol

Sparky
28/05/2011, 2:48 PM
Few Points lads.

1. Cracking game with both teams going for a win. BRILLIANT. Three up front for both teams in last ten mins. Classic in fairness.
2. With all the 'ridiculous' yellow cards I thought it was actually a clean game. Nothing really over the top.
3. I thought on Triggs sending off, the first was a yellow but as Glenbuck tried to portray incorrectly their was no second action, it was just a bad challenge. Lougheed sold him short with a bad header and he went for a 50/50 with foot when he should have used his head. It was a yellow for sure. I recall Finbarr telling him to calm it. In the meantime for a Rockmount Corner I saw Triggs apologise to Darren O'Riordan so I dont think their was any grudges there. The second yellow was CRAZY and not warranting anything. Finbarr should have pulled him aside and told him no more. To be fair to the lad he was shocked and just walked without a fuss. Crazy decision.
4. I think Finbarr is a very good referee and always liked his style of trying to let it flow. Last night he had a 'mare' but that is football. He is not a bad referee or person.
5. Rockmounts pitch was in great nick and BRILLIANT stuff out of them donating gate receipts. Well done.
6. The play off should be a cracker and deserves everyones support. May the best team win.

Billynomates
28/05/2011, 3:41 PM
Few Points lads.

1. Cracking game with both teams going for a win. BRILLIANT. Three up front for both teams in last ten mins. Classic in fairness.
2. With all the 'ridiculous' yellow cards I thought it was actually a clean game. Nothing really over the top.
3. I thought on Triggs sending off, the first was a yellow but as Glenbuck tried to portray incorrectly their was no second action, it was just a bad challenge. Lougheed sold him short with a bad header and he went for a 50/50 with foot when he should have used his head. It was a yellow for sure. I recall Finbarr telling him to calm it. In the meantime for a Rockmount Corner I saw Triggs apologise to Darren O'Riordan so I dont think their was any grudges there. The second yellow was CRAZY and not warranting anything. Finbarr should have pulled him aside and told him no more. To be fair to the lad he was shocked and just walked without a fuss. Crazy decision.
4. I think Finbarr is a very good referee and always liked his style of trying to let it flow. Last night he had a 'mare' but that is football. He is not a bad referee or person.
5. Rockmounts pitch was in great nick and BRILLIANT stuff out of them donating gate receipts. Well done.
6. The play off should be a cracker and deserves everyones support. May the best team win.

I agree with every point sparky. Spot on. Rockmounts pitch was the best i have seen it in a long long time.

the hawk
28/05/2011, 9:12 PM
Just after hearing the mount hall play off fixed for casement park wednesday night k.o 7pm . Disgusted to be honest .Casment park has to be up there in top 3 poorest pitches ,why not the cross or midelton blarney or even corinthians which is prob better than the cross .Plus with the hall also playing on the Fiday against Bohemians not really giving them much break .Well it is the MSL after all .

Also Fair play to Rockmount for donating the proceeds , very worthy charity . Plus well done to rockmount grounds staff pitch was perfect best ive seen in a long while

Pundit
29/05/2011, 12:04 PM
I think finbar once again had a very poor game.. lads this is the 4th or 5th time he has got this fixture up in whitechurch in the past 6seasons and he has always sent off an avondale player. hargy, cotts,, hallie, hoggy and now triggs.. he was terrible the other nite.. brandishing yellow cards for nothing.. yes the first tackle by triggs was a yellow but the second one was no where near a card.. finbarr comes across that the game shud be all about him and not the game itself.. it was never a dirty game and i think he gave bout 8yellow cards.. how he gets this fixture year in year out is beyond me.. also well done to mount for donating the gates,, brilliant touch.. best of luck to both teams tuesady nite in the playoff... lets hope its a strong ref
obvioulsy i feel obliged here to defend my colleague and friend finbarr. he is a top top ref and top bloke having done all the big games and was a great player in his day. sometimes cards are neccessary for control purposes.as well as facilitating the game a ref is responsible for player welfare and safety.

if finbarr felt the game needed those cards in order to keep order in a big game then thats his choice. it can spoil the viewing for sure but that life.i know there was a game earlier in the season (rockmount v douglas i think) which got out of hand with 5 reds i think. thats what can happen.

you let some tackles go and before you know it some fella has a broken leg and you could have prevented it.

as i said he is a top ref. saying he was like a pervert with the cards help nobody. rant over as well.

i couldnt make this match in the end so im glad we get a play off to see. hope its not this wednesday though as i could have a match myself.was there a big crowd lads?

Glenbuck
29/05/2011, 12:09 PM
Its not too often that I disagree with Sparky but I need to pull you on point 3. There certainly was a second movement. It happened 20 yrds from where I was standing. We wont let it take away from a fine game.

the hawk
29/05/2011, 12:48 PM
i heard that Dan deady is doing the play-off .Seriously do the MSL just look for trouble by appointing him .Just hope he doesnt wreck what should be the best game of the year

Goggs
29/05/2011, 5:30 PM
There certainly was a second movement
What was he doing Glenbuck a pierrioate to nutcracker by Trykoskie.

Sparky
29/05/2011, 8:29 PM
Its not too often that I disagree with Sparky but I need to pull you on point 3. There certainly was a second movement. It happened 20 yrds from where I was standing. We wont let it take away from a fine game.

Ah Glenbuck, no hard feelings if we disagree on this one. I just thought because his foot was high that when it went up it had to come back down. He would have to be 'TRYKOSKIE' if he had that control over his foot. Ah I'm not saying that I am right but from where I was standing I dont think he went with intent. I will leave it at that anyway. It is a matter of opinions really. On another issue I think Dan Deady isn't as bad as people think. He lets the game flow from when I have seen him and he doesn't get intimidated by benches and managers. Casement is a disgraceful fixture (no disrespect to Casement intended). Blarney or Corinthinas were my first thoughts if not the Cross. MSL need to buck up!

Glenbuck
29/05/2011, 8:47 PM
There certainly was a second movement
What was he doing Glenbuck a pierrioate to nutcracker by Trykoskie.I like it. Glad to see the humour is not gone in local football.

Glenbuck
29/05/2011, 8:49 PM
Ah Glenbuck, no hard feelings if we disagree on this one. I just thought because his foot was high that when it went up it had to come back down. He would have to be 'TRYKOSKIE' if he had that control over his foot. Ah I'm not saying that I am right but from where I was standing I dont think he went with intent. I will leave it at that anyway. It is a matter of opinions really. On another issue I think Dan Deady isn't as bad as people think. He lets the game flow from when I have seen him and he doesn't get intimidated by benches and managers. Casement is a disgraceful fixture (no disrespect to Casement intended). Blarney or Corinthinas were my first thoughts if not the Cross. MSL need to buck up!Dan is a top bloke. Our friendship might be strained after next Wednesday night, if the game goes ahead on Wednesday night !!!!!

maninthemiddle
30/05/2011, 7:21 AM
Dan is a top bloke. Our friendship might be strained after next Wednesday night, if the game goes ahead on Wednesday night !!!!!

game defo going ahead now @7pm in casement.crazy choice of pitch but what can ya do. dan deady,tomas long,larry buckley. looking forward to this. hope there is a bit more rain before it but not during it.

Hassig2011
30/05/2011, 7:51 AM
4 or 5 ha

Silly Billy G
30/05/2011, 9:38 AM
Just after hearing the mount hall play off fixed for casement park wednesday night k.o 7pm . Disgusted to be honest .Casment park has to be up there in top 3 poorest pitches ,why not the cross or midelton blarney or even corinthians which is prob better than the cross .Plus with the hall also playing on the Fiday against Bohemians not really giving them much break .Well it is the MSL after all .

Also Fair play to Rockmount for donating the proceeds , very worthy charity . Plus well done to rockmount grounds staff pitch was perfect best ive seen in a long while

I'd imagine rockmount be happier with Casements tighter pitch than Douglas !
Blarney/College Cor's/Midelton suit Douglas a bit better in my opinion. I dont know what rationale used to select the pitch but has to be a result for Rockmount Casement coming out of the hat. Tighter pitches suit them much better, not that they cant play ball but they are deadly from set pieces and exploit it. Douglas more expansive and would like a bit more room :ball:

j-burt
30/05/2011, 11:43 AM
Casements tighter pitch????? seriously, casements pitch is the biggest pitch in the senior league. with the exception of maybe bandon. Im in disagreement with an awful amount of comments on this page regarding the rockmount avondale game. First of all.. if Finbarr was goin to give Triggs a red he should have had the bottle to do it after the first challenge and not wait for a challenge for a header. As for a second movement, I was right next to it and there was none, Triggs ain't that type of player. As for Dan Deady and john Lyne, they're two top refs, why couldnt they have done it. Personally I hope Rockmount win the league, as much at it galls me to say it and as much as Glenbucks comments sometimes annoy me because they're totally biased. I think the hall will win though, the BIGGER pitch will suit them.

Shilts
30/05/2011, 1:11 PM
I'm not a fan of anonymous posters naming and slagging off any ref.
Of course every ref will make mistakes, but I don't think it's fair to name them and slate them while remaining anonymous yourself.
Just my opinion.

maninthemiddle
30/05/2011, 1:15 PM
Casements tighter pitch????? seriously, casements pitch is the biggest pitch in the senior league. with the exception of maybe bandon. Im in disagreement with an awful amount of comments on this page regarding the rockmount avondale game. First of all.. if Finbarr was goin to give Triggs a red he should have had the bottle to do it after the first challenge and not wait for a challenge for a header. As for a second movement, I was right next to it and there was none, Triggs ain't that type of player. As for Dan Deady and john Lyne, they're two top refs, why couldnt they have done it. Personally I hope Rockmount win the league, as much at it galls me to say it and as much as Glenbucks comments sometimes annoy me because they're totally biased. I think the hall will win though, the BIGGER pitch will suit them.

i agree about the pitch. i think its huge as well tbh but its still should not have been chosen for me as there are better around. having said that its just a case of getting on with it as well i suppose.

in regard to ref selection i think (as a ref) it is not really a case for the MSL of who is better or worse than who. to the MSL and john fuinnegan it will be all the same to him which ref he picks. he will have around 16 refs in total for the year and only maybe 8 of those will be a grade one refs. he will just pick one and pick two assistants as well. thats it really.

its a fiver in lads and all proceeds are going to the 96fm telethon as well.just heard it on the radio there.

maninthemiddle
30/05/2011, 1:17 PM
I'm not a fan of anonymous posters naming and slagging off any ref.
Of course every ref will make mistakes, but I don't think it's fair to name them and slate them while remaining anonymous yourself.
Just my opinion.

i have never made a mistake shilts . lol!

there is no such thing as a good ref though is there? we are only as good as our last game is what i always say.

Shilts
30/05/2011, 1:34 PM
i have never made a mistake shilts . lol!

there is no such thing as a good ref though is there? we are only as good as our last game is what i always say.

If you never made a mistake - How come you're being transferred to the AUL so??? haha

Posters could easily give out about the refs without naming them.

In my opinion, the named ref has been one of the best in Cork for a number of years.

maninthemiddle
30/05/2011, 1:49 PM
If you never made a mistake - How come you're being transferred to the AUL so??? haha

Posters could easily give out about the refs without naming them.

In my opinion, the named ref has been one of the best in Cork for a number of years.

there are a few exceptions shilts but in general 95% of the refs move panels each years. i have done all the leagues now and i am back to where is started again.

thats you and horse now on the blacklist before a ball is kicked. lol!

maninthemiddle
30/05/2011, 2:08 PM
lets concentrate on the 2 teams rather than the ref...great way for the lague to end to be fair....the hall from being near certin winners at one point to being rank outsiders a week or so ago have another shot at it....mount on the other hand have already had 2 sniffs at winning it...expect drama!!!

very true. i am assuming that it will be xtra time and pens on the night if needed. the way the season has gone sudden death pens is a certainty i'd say.

villaman10
30/05/2011, 4:50 PM
just left east village biscuits is not doing the hall next year players will leave if tiny or some local is not back

wonder if biscuits will be at douglas next year even if they beat rockmount?? from all the leaks coming out of the dressing room bout arguments and infighting, would a league win paper over all those cracks????

the hawk
30/05/2011, 8:12 PM
Right lads any rumours of the teams yet need to start getting bets on .Glenbuck is Breandan fit and ken hoey and is alan o connor and monty suspended ,Ball hop what story with podge is he back ,is donovan fit and are moorsey and kev mul available.Any body got anything else

razor
31/05/2011, 8:53 PM
O'Connell cup Semi tonight
Blarney 2-1 Everton

douglas local
31/05/2011, 10:48 PM
wonder if biscuits will be at douglas next year even if they beat rockmount?? from all the leaks coming out of the dressing room bout arguments and infighting, would a league win paper over all those cracks????
story with podge is he back ,is donovan fit and are moorsey and kev mul available.Any body got anything else
biscuits and crumbs signing 5 new players next year so will be staying that means 4 to colcorr

podge out long term with knee injury everyone else available

hall trayned last sunday morning at half eight all systems go
glenbuck did mount get arounnd suspensions

Silly Billy G
01/06/2011, 10:51 AM

While since i have seen Casements pitch but i always thought it was long and thin. Apologies if i am wrong. Obv the wider and bigger the pitch the more it would suit Douglas imo.

KUFCMan
01/06/2011, 12:59 PM
If Douglas Hall have to play tonite,surely they will be exhausted for Fridays trip to Dalymount Park v Bohs.Thats a lot to ask 2 games in 3 days

six-yard-box
01/06/2011, 12:59 PM
Heard that biscuits offered his resignation and will not be doing it next year!! Monty is suspended tonight imagine Kinger will come in there. I fancy the mount to win. Best of luck to both sides.. Joke it's out in casement tho.

razor
01/06/2011, 1:09 PM
If Douglas Hall have to play tonite,surely they will be exhausted for Fridays trip to Dalymount Park v Bohs.Thats a lot to ask 2 games in 3 daysI think tonights game will be their priority as they aim to win the MSL in their 40th year, Bohs game is a bonus.
Can't make tonight so best of luck to both teams.

Reznik
01/06/2011, 4:32 PM
What a shame if Monty misses tonights game although Mount have plenty of talent to come in and replace its basically a cup final so redandwhite has a great point. All yellows should defintly be squashed

casilles
01/06/2011, 6:55 PM
Rockmount 1 up. Douglas keeper steped out of the box with the ball in hand. Free kick Kinger

casilles
01/06/2011, 7:09 PM
Rockmount 2 up. Edwin Buckley slotted in

Clifford
01/06/2011, 7:48 PM
Go on the Mount. If they can hold on at 2-0 it might well be Billy and Kieran and Dereks finest hour. A more or less re-built side. What a way to bow out if they are to bow out that is!!!! Fergie my hole, Cronin all the way!!

Any more updates?

maninthemiddle
01/06/2011, 8:33 PM
Awful game. Finished 2-0 . Douglas had a great chance with half an hour left but Brendan o Connell made an unbelievable stop from point blank range. A lot of cards in the second half and inevitably hall ended with ten. Very little football on display at all. Rockmount grounded it out.clever free kick for first rockmount goal after keeper handled well outside the box.

Big attendance. Easily 500 and that included roy keane. I hope he paid his fiver. Lol.

Congrats rockmount.

six-yard-box
01/06/2011, 8:37 PM
rockmount won 2-0.. fully deserved imo better side on the night. kinger free kick in somewhat controversial circumstances. 2nd goal was well worked n edwin tucked it away. dave moore had a great chance to get the hall back in to it but brendan made a superb save. ian cull was sent off then for the hall for mouthing. hackett sent off in injury time for a stupid tackle. congrats to rockmount some way for billy to bow out. it was some league to win.

villaman10
01/06/2011, 9:15 PM
Heard that biscuits offered his resignation and will not be doing it next year!! Monty is suspended tonight imagine Kinger will come in there. I fancy the mount to win. Best of luck to both sides.. Joke it's out in casement tho.

say it has been taken now!!

villaman10
01/06/2011, 9:17 PM
congrats to rockmount on winning the league!!
hopefully next year will half as good!!

greengrass
02/06/2011, 12:06 AM
congrats to rockmount in a very competetive finish to the season

ball-hop
02/06/2011, 8:11 AM
Congratulations to Rockmount - proving yet again that the league is a marathon, not a sprint. They put a serious run of results together and last night was the culmination. In fairness, they had two previous opportunities (Marys & Avondale) to clinch the league.
Better team on the night, no complaints.

razor
02/06/2011, 8:39 AM
if thats what wins u leagues they local soccer in cork has a long way to go
It's all very well being a football purist but it's a results business in the end, congratulations to Rockmount

mounts antics towards the ref were a disgrace which started after 30 seconds with their keeper charging out of his box to tell the ref 'deal with it' Surprised he was able after hobbling off last Friday night

ball-hop
02/06/2011, 8:50 AM
Quoting myself from January

.....I hope disciplinary issues don't come back to bite us. We're going to be missing the three lads for a couple of games and I hope it doesn't hurt
The microcosm of our season - disciplinary issues which did really hurt during the middle part of the year. with players missing along the way, the steady team selections (had to) disappeared and seemed to unsettle everyone. Last night saw more problems - I made it 7 yellows for us, 2 more on top of that to make 2 reds. The falling apart of discipline was a real disappointment on the night.
Overall, a disappointing end for us, when there was so much promise early on in the season. In truth our results in the second half of the league were uninspiring and it took results out of our control to even get us into the position for a playoff.

Silly Billy G
02/06/2011, 9:38 AM
O'Connell cup Semi tonight
Blarney 2-1 Everton

goal here: http://vimeo.com/24512118

casilles
02/06/2011, 10:20 AM
Congrats to all at the Mount. Some league to win. Credit to all involved. Huge turn out imo id say it was more like 1000. there was close to 600 at the game friday night and there was far more last night. Also good to see the league donating the proceeds to charity. Taught it was a goog game to watch. Hall had a a few great chances, 2 in the 1st and a great save from Brendan in the 2nd. People come on here and knock the Mount for the type of football they play , well for those in attendence last night it was a different display from them. the webt long on a few occasions but with Kinger in the middle they knocked it around and imo opinion beat Duglas at there own game.

Lads would welcome some opnions on this: Paying to watch amateur football { not knocking last night} I travel around and get in alot of games over a season weather its Junior or Senior. 3 euros doesnt sound like much but added it up over a season could be close to 100. well i took in 5 games last month in 1 week and cost me 24, I get over paying for playoffs and Intermediate cup games but some clubs are carging now for O connell and Beamish cup games bit Irish aint it???

razor
02/06/2011, 10:22 AM
In truth our results in the second half of the league were uninspiring and it took results out of our control to even get us into the position for a playoff.Despite the poor 2nd half to the season, a draw against a relegated UCC in the 2nd last match would have won you the league.

goal here: http://vimeo.com/24512118
Maybe goal line technology isn't that far off :D
Fantastic goal.

Sparky
02/06/2011, 12:11 PM
QUOTE "Lads would welcome some opnions on this: Paying to watch amateur football { not knocking last night} I travel around and get in alot of games over a season weather its Junior or Senior. 3 euros doesnt sound like much but added it up over a season could be close to 100. well i took in 5 games last month in 1 week and cost me 24, I get over paying for playoffs and Intermediate cup games but some clubs are carging now for O connell and Beamish cup games bit Irish aint it??? "

Totally agree. I think clubs should leave a bucket out and donate if you wish.

1. Well done to Rockmount, Billy and all the players. Great 2nd half to the season.
2. Well done to Avondale on their success also.
3. Douglas Hall. Where do I start? Can anyone tell me How many RED cards the Seniors got this year and how many YELLOWS? I would put my house on it that it is a record!!!! It cost them the title and it cost them so much respect from the neutrals. They will all blame Biscuits out there but I dont think he ever told anybody get sent off. Players need to look at themselves only.

Some great banter over the season, brilliant stuff.

ball-hop
02/06/2011, 12:24 PM
Despite the poor 2nd half to the season, a draw against a relegated UCC in the 2nd last match would have won you the league.
The final series of results (the last month) will serve as a painful reminder for some time to come.

Glenbuck
02/06/2011, 12:47 PM
Casements tighter pitch????? seriously, casements pitch is the biggest pitch in the senior league. with the exception of maybe bandon. Im in disagreement with an awful amount of comments on this page regarding the rockmount avondale game. First of all.. if Finbarr was goin to give Triggs a red he should have had the bottle to do it after the first challenge and not wait for a challenge for a header. As for a second movement, I was right next to it and there was none, Triggs ain't that type of player. As for Dan Deady and john Lyne, they're two top refs, why couldnt they have done it. Personally I hope Rockmount win the league, as much at it galls me to say it and as much as Glenbucks comments sometimes annoy me because they're totally biased. I think the hall will win though, the BIGGER pitch will suit them.And here is another totally biased comment for you "Rockmount are the best team in the league". PS Never ever did I say that Triggs was that sort of player.