PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

Clifford
18/04/2011, 3:43 PM
Last game of the season on Saturday so I assume the league have given College the points for the abandoned game. We're at home to Ballinhassig, Leeds home to champions College and Castleview home to Ringmahon. We need a miracle, but a Castle/College double would be nice for starters.

There is surely no hope in hell that a decision won't be forthcoming by Weds/Thurs. Im not sure Leeds or ourselves will be interested in playing our last fixture before a re-match of college and mahon would happen. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to much room for a cosy arrangement to ensue depending on this weekends results. Any word on what's happening?

ringmahon4ever
19/04/2011, 1:40 PM
Last game of the season on Saturday so I assume the league have given College the points for the abandoned game. We're at home to Ballinhassig, Leeds home to champions College and Castleview home to Ringmahon. We need a miracle, but a Castle/College double would be nice for starters.

There is surely no hope in hell that a decision won't be forthcoming by Weds/Thurs. Im not sure Leeds or ourselves will be interested in playing our last fixture before a re-match of college and mahon would happen. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to much room for a cosy arrangement to ensue depending on this weekends results. Any word on what's happening?
msl big boys are having a meeting tonight to decide it.if replay is granted i reckon this weekends games would be changed but its doubtful

Pundit
19/04/2011, 5:18 PM
hello everyone, new to the forum. have been watching and reading the forum for along time. decided it was time to get involved in all the banter. being an msl player i shall look forward to getting involved..

Pundit
19/04/2011, 5:21 PM
msl big boys will surely give the 3points to cors. as for second place, it shud be interesting to who will join cors in the premier

Clifford
19/04/2011, 9:59 PM
Ah I see. Any word from it?

townhall tez
20/04/2011, 8:42 AM
Id say you should dial down the paranoia there Clifford, WAYYYYYYY TO COSY?? Theres not one team in that division that would give another team an easy game!! And why would there be a replay?? Surely its a no brainer that Corinthians get the 3 points and this whole mess is finished with the right decision. The last weekend has some good games in div 1, Castleview have been a very hard side to beat all season, very impressive when ive seen them, Ringmahon will have it tough up there and Leeds Corinthians will be good to id say. It will be interesting to see who else goes up to the prem with Corinthians. On another note the Msl manager rumour mill has started up!! Anyone here anything about John Caulfield taking over at the Hall and the Corinthians manager taking over at UCC?!

archie
20/04/2011, 12:07 PM
Sorry Archie and Glenbuck but isn't the whole idea of a forum is that people can come and have their opinion.If someone disagree's with what is said then they are more than welcome to put down their opinion on the matter.

I take it from your response that you think the standard of ref's and running of fixtures is of good quality in the senior league.

I think Code Red we all agree the standard of ref's in our league (as with the premiership) is appauling bar two, maybe three ref's, FIFA's rules and regulations with regard to the rules of the game has made a simple game so complicated that they confuse ref's and player's alike, go back to the old way's when ref's left the game flow and only blew when a bad tackle went in, you got verbally warned about two times before you were booked and it needed to be really bad for a sending off. The game flowed on and players, spectators and Ref's alike enjoyed it. Common sense seems to be lacking in a lot of today's ref's.
As for the fixtures, well I can understand why there not given as early as everyone would like, If you notice at the end of last season most of the leagues went down to the wire both for relegation and promotion and this to me made the league run-in more exciting, this was due to good organising of fixture, Cup compititions is also a factor where your waiting on results on a Sunday to see what teams advance or not, this may disrupt a fixture set for the following week, so to me it's not as easy as it looks to set fixtures every week and where they'll allways be the odd hick-up i think overall a fairly good job is being done by the present fixtures secretary, and all the cork leagues as far as I know tell clubs that the fixtures on Monday nights Echo are what you go by.
Finnally, on this forum some guy's are constantly knocking the ref's, the MSL and clubs in the league, If there so passionate about all the faults why don't they get up and do something about it, I presume most are involved with club's in the MSL so why don't they put themselves forward for election to the management committee through there clubs and solve all the problems they seem to have, Thats what I mean by "all talk no action"

Shilts
20/04/2011, 4:29 PM
Archie - All AUL fixtures are posted on their website on the thursday before the Monday night Echo.
And even this could be improved upon.
As for your comments on the way football was played - I disagree because the "ball players" were not protected enough in those days.
Messi would have been killed if he played in the 70s/80s.

Big congrats to all in College Corinthians on winning the MSL 1st Division title.
Well deserved lads!!!
:ball:

greengrass
20/04/2011, 6:02 PM
i take it corinthians gained the 3 points neway
personally i would not like to have taken it that way but they must have deserved it over the course of the season

Clifford
20/04/2011, 6:13 PM
I haven't seen it confirmed yet, but if you know for sure Shilts then I add my congrats to them as well. Since Christmas they have been in outstanding form and the best team by a long way.

Now all that remains is the Mallow v Ballincollig Relegation decider and the battle for second. Come on college and castleview. Two good wins will allow us sneak it with a win.

Three teams fighting for one spot. What a climax.

ringmahon4ever
20/04/2011, 6:35 PM
ya they got the points.confirmed today.

Goggs
21/04/2011, 6:52 AM
ya they got the points.confirmed today.
I have kept my opionion to myself on this topic to see would the league have the ball's to do the right thing but sadly not.Ive been a great admirer of Corithians right down the years and even played with them for a spell and their core values were always respect and integrity and I can tell you I'm ashamed to have woren the blue and white and you ask any player of that championship winning side who played under Fergus in the 90's and they will tell you the same. Your title is tainted and so is your rep shame on you Corinthians I hope its worth it.

impartial
21/04/2011, 7:46 AM
I have kept my opionion to myself on this topic to see would the league have the ball's to do the right thing but sadly not.Ive been a great admirer of Corithians right down the years and even played with them for a spell and their core values were always respect and integrity and I can tell you I'm ashamed to have woren the blue and white and you ask any player of that championship winning side who played under Fergus in the 90's and they will tell you the same. Your title is tainted and so is your rep shame on you Corinthians I hope its worth it.

Goggs
I think its time to move on after this incident. The league have made their decision based on the FAI Rule book that declares if a team abandon a game when it is supposed to continue then the forfeit the game and are fined.
Another side to this story could be that Ringmahon knew what they were doing walking of the pitch 4 - 2 down.
With regards to you being ashamed to have worn the famous blue and white, dont be bitter, just be better. Maybe you could have stayed with the club for slightly longer instead of moving clubs.
With regards to your comment about asking a player who played under Fergus I think we may have to agree to disagree.

Shilts
21/04/2011, 11:17 AM

I'm glad to see the MSL had the balls to do the right thing, Goggs!!!

If a team walks off the pitch before the ref says it's over, then in my opinion that team should forfeit the game. End of!!!

When you do that when you are in a losing position - you have no chance of getting a replay.

If Ringmahon felt that their position was the correct one, then they could appeal the MSL's decision to the FAI or MFA (not sure which).
I'm sure the same answer would be given.

At the end of the day, the ref decides when the game is over, not one team or the other.
A team can walk off early for whatever reason (that is their option) but they should not expect the game to be replayed.

Also, I can tell you for a FACT that not all the former players are ashamed of the club.
This is a ridiculous statement to make as ALL of the former players I have spoken with recently were fully behind the club and are delighted to have won promotion back to the Premier Division.

As for your tainted title and reputation remark - I'll be polite, and say that I don't agree with your comments.

Glenbuck
21/04/2011, 12:06 PM
I have kept my opionion to myself on this topic to see would the league have the ball's to do the right thing but sadly not.Ive been a great admirer of Corithians right down the years and even played with them for a spell and their core values were always respect and integrity and I can tell you I'm ashamed to have woren the blue and white and you ask any player of that championship winning side who played under Fergus in the 90's and they will tell you the same. Your title is tainted and so is your rep shame on you Corinthians I hope its worth it.Absolute terrible post Goggs. Expected more from you. Corinthians did nothing wrong. Worthy champions.

Goggs
21/04/2011, 12:10 PM
Shilts keep your title your club and my former club is now known as a sporting disgrace through out cork and forever more if a team is been unsporting it'll be referred to as"doing a college corinthians on it" yes you can say the ref had his say but your club should have seen the humane aspect of all this and not been blinded by the reward.Congratulations your club alone has lowered the dignity and expectations of what it means to play amature sport I hope your very very proud of your manager players and your committee and I for one hope that every other club on this forum takes note of the outcry your actions have caused and learn a valuable lesson from your selfishness.

Shilts
21/04/2011, 4:04 PM
Shilts keep your title your club and my former club is now known as a sporting disgrace through out cork and forever more if a team is been unsporting it'll be referred to as"doing a college corinthians on it" yes you can say the ref had his say but your club should have seen the humane aspect of all this and not been blinded by the reward.Congratulations your club alone has lowered the dignity and expectations of what it means to play amature sport I hope your very very proud of your manager players and your committee and I for one hope that every other club on this forum takes note of the outcry your actions have caused and learn a valuable lesson from your selfishness.

Haha
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody's got one it seems! ;)
However Goggs, yours is not one that I agree with so I won't be losing too much sleep after reading your little rant.

"Doing a Corinthians" in future will probably mean coming from behing in a tough league race to win with a game to spare.

Stop sounding so pathetic looking for a replay when no replay was deserved!!!
No matter what you say, nobody sane would think that offering a replay was the just outcome from this unfortunate incident.
I'm sure the Ringmahon lads have put this behind them and are concentrating on their last chance for promotion now.
To do otherwise would be poor preparation and could spoil their very good season.

In future, I hope teams will stay on the pitch until the ref says it's over.
Fight for your points in the appropriate manner.
If things don't go your way - don't throw the toys out of the pram.
Get on with it.

Ringmahon should have got on with the game that day.
The correct action would have been to bring on a sub (that's what subs are for) and fight for a result.

If my team, in the AUL, were in the same position someday as Ringmahon were, I hope we would play on like men and give of our best until the final whistle.
Win or lose.
Also, if we walked off before the end of any game for whatever reason, I would expect to receive zero points for our efforts.
And rightly so too.

Cry all you like Goggs - the MSL, the ref, and College Corinthians were all spot on in their actions.
I have no problem with Ringmahon walking off.
That was their choice and we live in a democracy.
But you can't seriously expect any points/replay afterwards!
And to ask for it is just crazy talk!!!

Just get over it :D

Goggs
21/04/2011, 4:38 PM
Absolute terrible post Goggs. Expected more from you. Corinthians did nothing wrong. Worthy champions.
Well Glenbuck being from a Rockmount background I take it behaviour science is not your forte.;)

ringmahon4ever
21/04/2011, 5:11 PM
i wonder if ringmahon had been 4-2 up with time running out and seeing that their own player wasnt in a serious condition by the time he left the grounds would they still have been too 'upset' to play on?

'upset' i sense your been smart here like the rest of your posts.of course the players were upset.some were sick.what do ya expect a player to do.laugh about it.you might not agree with what ringmahon did but that was our choice.just disappointed with the outcome..so to even try and get a dig in is pointless.

Long Throw
21/04/2011, 7:53 PM
Everton 0-3 Avondale,
two first half goals and an injury time strike

Goggs
21/04/2011, 8:11 PM
Shilts I have just read and reread your post you remind me of the catholic preists years ago preaching from their pulpit taking the higher ground on morality.What's right is right whats wrong is wrong their is no in between(I'll stick with my religious theme thank you Fermoy FC for showing us the light)I think the word I'm looking for is HYPOCRITE.

Pundit
21/04/2011, 9:29 PM

Goggs, terrible post... saying ur ashamed to have woren the jersey is a bit extreme.. they did nothing wrong.. bottom line is they won the league over the season not on 1 game,, they still wud of winning the league even if they had lost to ringmahon.. Congrats cors.. good to have ye back in the premier next season. lookong forward to playing ye

collcorforever
21/04/2011, 9:56 PM
Well Goggs you must have a bit of egg on your face after all your comments regarding Corinthians through out the year????"Ah lads come on Corithians looked every bit their first division status unfit and poorly managed" this was one of your many comments!!!
Think we did alright for an unfit bunch with an awful management team, we won the league were within a minute of knocking avondale out of the intermediate cup who are now in the final, we were within a goal of getting a result against the Hall who are top of the league and look like winning the league.

Move on Goggs everyone else seems to have!!!

razor
21/04/2011, 9:57 PM
Everton 0-3 Avondale tonight

Marky Sull hat trick (1 pen)

Shilts
21/04/2011, 10:42 PM
Shilts I have just read and reread your post you remind me of the catholic preists years ago preaching from their pulpit taking the higher ground on morality.What's right is right whats wrong is wrong their is no in between(I'll stick with my religious theme thank you Fermoy FC for showing us the light)I think the word I'm looking for is HYPOCRITE.

Great to see you still have some religion Goggsy
I bet you were a great altar boy back in the day!
;)

Keep on praying for replays though!

Goggs
22/04/2011, 8:14 AM
Jesus collcorforever you sound like your going to storm through the league next season Nearly beating Avondale and Nearly beating Douglas I hope ye Nearly stay up,best of luck with that.Here's a tip keep all the premier teams off your good pitch and bring them up to the **** pitch on top that might work.

collcorforever
22/04/2011, 9:14 AM
Things are good when your **** pitch is better than any other teams main pitch! !!thanks for the good luck messages i hope we stay up too,

villaman10
22/04/2011, 10:49 AM
Well Glenbuck being from a Rockmount background I take it behaviour science is not your forte.;)

put back in his box!!:-)

Goggs
22/04/2011, 1:29 PM
Fair enough I'll shut up now and I did have a bit of a rant but it does clense my soul and makes me new friends would you believe myself and mrs goggs have been invited to corithians league celbrations.

Glenbuck
22/04/2011, 6:17 PM
Miaow !!!!!!

Glenbuck
22/04/2011, 6:20 PM
Well Goggs you must have a bit of egg on your face after all your comments regarding Corinthians through out the year????"Ah lads come on Corithians looked every bit their first division status unfit and poorly managed" this was one of your many comments!!!
Think we did alright for an unfit bunch with an awful management team, we won the league were within a minute of knocking avondale out of the intermediate cup who are now in the final, we were within a goal of getting a result against the Hall who are top of the league and look like winning the league.

Move on Goggs everyone else seems to have!!!I think Goggs has a hidden agenda. Something defo happened in the past with Corinthians.

Glenbuck
22/04/2011, 6:23 PM
put back in his box!!:-)Hello Villaman. You woke up. Put back in my box ?? Not a chance kid.Dont tell me you agree with Goggs.

ringmahon4ever
22/04/2011, 7:13 PM
big day tomorrow regarding promotion.wonder are coriantians gonna put out full team seeing as they have won league.and no im not havin a pop at them.just making a point.were away to castleview.not an easy place to pick up any points and i say castleview would love to spoil the party.great rivalary betwen ringmahon and castleview.goes back to the old days.we all know what happened when ringmahon went up there last game of season few years back.hope it doesnt repeat itself

razor
22/04/2011, 7:46 PM
Mayfield 1—1 Douglas Hall tonight.

Mayfield lead 1-0 at half time, Hall equalised early in the 2nd and dominated for a while but failed to score again and it was Mayfield who had the best of the chances late on.

Glenbuck
22/04/2011, 7:53 PM

Mayfield lead 1-0 at half time, Hall equalised early in the 2nd and dominated for a while but failed to score again and it was Mayfield who had the best of the chances late on. Whats that line about the fat lady singing......

jacksparrow
22/04/2011, 8:55 PM
douglas hall are doing a mcilroy on it...hahaha... just like everyone knew they wood, fantastic footballing side but lack character and are afraid to roll their sleeves up.. every year its the same.... BOTTLERS

mayfield utd
22/04/2011, 8:56 PM

Mayfield lead 1-0 at half time, Hall equalised early in the 2nd and dominated for a while but failed to score again and it was Mayfield who had the best of the chances late on.

our lads all played brilliant tonight and should have won,the hall keeper made a great save from barry triggs side foot effort which was heading towards the bottom corner,howie nearly scored from the halfway line with a brilliant 1st time effort which just bounced wrong side of the post,a free kick from eric fleming was headed inches wide by a hall defender,i can't remember the hall creating anything besides the odd half chance,there goal came from a corner it was a good header,they did dominate for a bit but never looked dangerous.the hall should count themselves lucky to get a point

ringmahon4ever
23/04/2011, 9:25 AM
looks like coriantians have to get the three points today.ringmahon are after lodging an appeal with M.F.A.looks like its not over yet

villaman10
23/04/2011, 1:12 PM
Hello Villaman. You woke up. Put back in my box ?? Not a chance kid.Dont tell me you agree with Goggs.

just it has been so long since your'e self and gogg's had a rockmount spat!! was getting in my little sly comment, hoping i'd get away with it!! :-)

villaman10
23/04/2011, 1:25 PM

poor old goggs, have to say i feel for you a little bit!! everyone was on here having there to-pence worth, at least you held your'e counsel until the msl gave their decision ( not saying it was right or wrong), and gave your'e honest opinion, can't see why you would have a grudge against cor's, think you should be allowed your'e opinion without the like's of shilts attacking you, after all shilts was on here a few weeks ago harping on about his right to have an opinion when he was critical of the mahon lads walking off the pitch and ringmahon4ever stood up to him!! i say gogg's dont be censored, keep us entertained, on this FORUM!!

Glenbuck
23/04/2011, 2:12 PM
just it has been so long since your'e self and gogg's had a rockmount spat!! was getting in my little sly comment, hoping i'd get away with it!! :-)Keeping a low profile. Just happy to be back in the race after been written off in last few months. May the best team win.

Shilts
23/04/2011, 2:13 PM
looks like coriantians have to get the three points today.ringmahon are after lodging an appeal with M.F.A.looks like its not over yet

Good tactic by Ringmahon!
It forces Corinthians to try 100% today.
Now they're using their heads in Ringmahon!!!

Clifford
23/04/2011, 5:11 PM
Fermoy win, ring lose, Leeds draw. Fermoy v Leeds thurs night for suggested play off.

ringmahon4ever
23/04/2011, 5:15 PM
lost to castleview two one.they scored after five mins with a cracker of a goal.scored with last kick of game aswell.ringmahon were missing a few regulars but that is stil no excuse.a very poor game.is it gonna be a playoff between fermoy and leeds.heard leeds were leading for most of game

ringmahon4ever
23/04/2011, 5:17 PM
poor old goggs, have to say i feel for you a little bit!! everyone was on here having there to-pence worth, at least you held your'e counsel until the msl gave their decision ( not saying it was right or wrong), and gave your'e honest opinion, can't see why you would have a grudge against cor's, think you should be allowed your'e opinion without the like's of shilts attacking you, after all shilts was on here a few weeks ago harping on about his right to have an opinion when he was critical of the mahon lads walking off the pitch and ringmahon4ever stood up to him!! i say gogg's dont be censored, keep us entertained, on this FORUM!!
we stood up for wat we believed in and were not gonna back down.if people cant agree with that thats there tough.we were just disappointed with the whole outcome..and shilts we always use our heads.proud footballing club

villaman10
23/04/2011, 7:32 PM
Keeping a low profile. Just happy to be back in the race after been written off in last few months. May the best team win.

good to have ya back!! life in the old dog yet!! can't believe douglas haven't wrapped it up yet!!must rockmount still go to douglas?? avondale do the double?? best league in years

razor
23/04/2011, 9:38 PM
St Marys 2—1 Avondale today in the Beamish Cup.
Dale were 1 up at HT but Marys were by far the better side in the 2nd half and deserved the win.

mayfield utd
23/04/2011, 9:54 PM
who has everyone still to play,we have 3 games left all away marys,midleton and everton,we might need another 3 points to be safe depending on how ucc get on in there last game against douglas hall.i think douglas hall still have ucc,rockmount and avondale,it's gonna be a good run in to the end of the season

Clifford
24/04/2011, 9:16 AM
lost to castleview two one.they scored after five mins with a cracker of a goal.scored with last kick of game aswell.ringmahon were missing a few regulars but that is stil no excuse.a very poor game.is it gonna be a playoff between fermoy and leeds.heard leeds were leading for most of game

We went three nil up by half time, Ballinhassig got back to 3-2 in the second half with about 5 left. We nearly folded, but a spotter in the last min got us to the 35 points.

Nervy half hour after the game as we heard the Ringmahon result and were told Leeds were 1 up with 4 mins left. We more or less wrote it off, as we left the ground some calls came in reporting that College had got one in stoppage time.

Play off is set for Blarney on Fri 6th May.

ringmahon4ever
24/04/2011, 11:43 AM
We went three nil up by half time, Ballinhassig got back to 3-2 in the second half with about 5 left. We nearly folded, but a spotter in the last min got us to the 35 points.

Nervy half hour after the game as we heard the Ringmahon result and were told Leeds were 1 up with 4 mins left. We more or less wrote it off, as we left the ground some calls came in reporting that College had got one in stoppage time.

Play off is set for Blarney on Fri 6th May.
fair play clifford.best of luck to fermoy in the game.we werent up to it yesterday at all.if castleview didnt score with last kick of game it would of been an interesting three way play off for promotion.ah well.were stil in two cups so we will have crack off them.