PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

Clifford
10/04/2011, 1:21 AM
Corinthians game today was abandoned after 30 minutes as the Centre back had a very bad leg break, 3 breaks and a dislocated ankle, thanks very much to Fermoy as they were 2 0 up and they called the game off. Get well soon Ian from all at Corinthians.

Ya see, I hate to bring it up but at the time col4ever ye appreciated what we did. I think that is what is going to annoy people here. No amount of excuses will soften that blow. I still hope Ian is ok and will be back playing soon. I also hope the ringmahon player today has the same well wishes. No excuses for not calling it off willingly today. None what so ever.

collcorforever
10/04/2011, 10:02 AM
As I said back then we appretiated the game been called off but we didnt ask for it and if I remember right it was the ref who called it as ye were after having a serious injury and the game was held up for ten minutes already and then we had the leg break a few minutes later and we had to wait for 2 ambulances from cork to bring the 2 lads to the CUH. As I said already we were told to stay on the pitch as were Ringmahon as the game was going to finish so how that makes us the bad boys I dont know. Ian is doing fine but wont be back playing any time soon.

ringmahon4ever
10/04/2011, 11:43 AM
is this so called senior referee inspector aidan o regan because if so you are lying.we spoke to aidan after the game and he said nothing to ref.ref was just over having a chat with him..and id doesnt matter wat the score was even it was ten nil to ye or to ringmahon.at the end of the day its only a game of ball and there was a player in a serious condition on the floor so thats wat our priority.ye can take the three points and the trophy and do wat ye want because thats all ye cared about.wanted to play on because ye were winning.cowards

ringmahon4ever
10/04/2011, 11:46 AM
Ya see, I hate to bring it up but at the time col4ever ye appreciated what we did. I think that is what is going to annoy people here. No amount of excuses will soften that blow. I still hope Ian is ok and will be back playing soon. I also hope the ringmahon player today has the same well wishes. No excuses for not calling it off willingly today. None what so ever.

sure as one of there players said yesterday..that was back in october ,were goin for league now.they can come up with every excuse now but its not gonna work here

the hawk
10/04/2011, 12:05 PM
Douglas hall 2-1 Everton . Dodgy penalty given but hall battled back and hit 2 before the break with a massive mistake from Mark power in the Everton goal .Hall should of hit 3 or 4 more in the 2nd half but poor finishing

ball-hop
10/04/2011, 12:30 PM
After the penalty, 'Hall took control. Strachan and Graham McCarthy scored the goals.
Fully deserved.

mayfield utd
10/04/2011, 1:27 PM
Apparently Mayfield played an ineligible player against Avondale last week but as you can only object within 48 hours they have gotten away with it.
are the MSL now expecting opposition clubs to police their rules and penalise for them?
that is a total lie we've never fielded a banned player,the only player we had banned for the avondale game was dave kiely and he did not play,razor your the one that always deleting post without proof where's your proof,your dragging our clubs good name through the mud on this forum,i expect your post and all other posts about us playing a banned to be deleted,unless you can prove it.we won 1-0 against tramore poor game but the result was the main thing

collcorforever
10/04/2011, 4:09 PM
Was at the Hall game taught they were very good and deserved the 3 points, I think this result puts them in the driving seat, cant see anyone catching them now.

BalagueFC
10/04/2011, 4:46 PM
To be fair the MSL and referee handled the situation totally the wrong way. When the extent of the injury was apparent he should have blown his whistle and that should have been that. The only concern at that stage was for the players well being and i am sure corinthians would not of had any qualms about it if the ref had done so. He left it drag on so long and i also heard that a senior member of the msl (dont think it was Aidan O'Regan) was there and consulted on what to do. I saw him talk to both managers and it looked like they all came up with a conclusion between them. Obviously the wrong one.

razor
10/04/2011, 7:48 PM
that is a total lie we've never fielded a banned player,the only player we had banned for the avondale game was dave kiely and he did not play,razor your the one that always deleting post without proof where's your proof,your dragging our clubs good name through the mud on this forum,i expect your post and all other posts about us playing a banned to be deleted,unless you can prove it.we won 1-0 against tramore poor game but the result was the main thingMy apologies mayfield utd, I take you at your word.
Posts have been deleted.

ringmahon4ever
10/04/2011, 10:15 PM
To be fair the MSL and referee handled the situation totally the wrong way. When the extent of the injury was apparent he should have blown his whistle and that should have been that. The only concern at that stage was for the players well being and i am sure corinthians would not of had any qualms about it if the ref had done so. He left it drag on so long and i also heard that a senior member of the msl (dont think it was Aidan O'Regan) was there and consulted on what to do. I saw him talk to both managers and it looked like they all came up with a conclusion between them. Obviously the wrong one.

this referee should be not be left back again after that performance.after five mins knowing the situation was bad the game should of blown,especially knowing an ambulance is on the way..in schoolboy games if ambulance is called a game is called off straight away..were just so dis appointed as a club with wat the ref done and the way coriantians wanted to play on.so what if they were goin for league,so were we but at the end of the day its a fellas health at stake and the match was not a priority.two of them are a disgrace and our respect is all gone for them

Silly Billy G
11/04/2011, 8:23 AM
I went into Donie Forde cup, nothing in it really. Blarney well on top in first half but didnt convert any chance. Marys took over for 2nd half and dominated. Blarney just about shaded ET then i thought but two very tired teams. Ken Coleman outstanding for Blarney on the night, JP up front for Marys a handful and their keeper was very assured and dominated the box.
Weldon hit the post and P. Keane had his saved to end the night badly for Blarney.

Corinthionie
11/04/2011, 12:03 PM
this referee should be not be left back again after that performance.after five mins knowing the situation was bad the game should of blown,especially knowing an ambulance is on the way..in schoolboy games if ambulance is called a game is called off straight away..were just so dis appointed as a club with wat the ref done and the way coriantians wanted to play on.so what if they were goin for league,so were we but at the end of the day its a fellas health at stake and the match was not a priority.two of them are a disgrace and our respect is all gone for them

Firstly I want to wish a speedy recovery to the Ringmahon player and I sincerly hope he's back out on the pitch as soon as possible. I (as i'm sure has anyone else who plays the game) have been involved in games where a serious injury such as a bad leg break or the incident that occurred in Ringmahon last Saturday has happened and I have been affected by it on the pitch. Your primary concern is always the well being of your team mate. I have been involved in games where the ref has called it a day and I have been involved in games where the ref has decided to finish out the match. But ultimately it is the decision of the referee on the day. On Saturday the ref decided to play on, whether it was the right decision or the wrong decision is up for debate but surely the blame can’t be laid at College Corinthians doorstep. Obviously I'm going to be labelled as biased with regard to this debate and to a point rightly so, I’m very proud of my club and of anyone who wears the jersey and with good reason. The people involved with CCAFC are good people, football people. I’m sure Ringmahon4ever and Clifford feel the same way about their clubs, and again rightly so. Reading the posts regarding what happened i think BallagueFC is looking at it impartially and makes a fair assessment. If the ref had called the game off our players would have shook hands and left the field, as happened in Fermoy, regardless of what time of the season it was or what was at stake and I can say that with confidence. To call Corinthians cowards is more than a little unjust. Just a few weeks ago a Corinthians player was taken from the pitch by ambulance minutes before kickoff, the ref made the call that the game had to be played and played it was. Cowardly? I’ll let you guys decide.

Shilts
11/04/2011, 2:21 PM
Regarding the incident in Ringmahon Park at the weekend - what exactly is the rule?

There is talk about games being abandoned for a serious injury.
This was never the case in the past.
I remember playing a final in Turners Cross years ago where a St. Marys player had a bad injury and the game was stopped for 45 mins before continuing.
Once the player's safety has been ensured by calling the correct medical people (which occured last sat) I see no reason to abandon any game.

My main reason for saying this is that if teams think that they can get a game abandoned by feigning a serious injury they will do it.
I'm not suggesting Ringmahon did this at the weekend, and I wish the injured player a speedy recovery, BUT some team will try it on someday.

It's like kicking the ball out of play to allow an injured player to be treated - teams are abusing this to stop opposing attacks.

The only solution is to finish all games - unless it gets dark etc.
But the referee's decision must be final!!!

The ref, who in my opinion has been one of the very best in Cork for many years is one I would trust to make the hard decisions.
A difficult call on the day, but the correct one was made by him in my opinion.

As Corinthians were 4-2 up when the game failed to restart and the ref and Corinthians were ready to play on - I think that it's only fair that the score should stand and Corinthians get the 3 points.
Best of luck to Ringmahon in their promotion bid.

It's unfortunate that the player got injured and the game was not finished properly, but in order to stop the possibility of teams trying it on, then the rule should be - to finish all games.
And the referees should be instructed to enforce this.

By the way I wasn't at the game.

ringmahon4ever
11/04/2011, 5:50 PM
the only positive outcome about your comment shilts is that you werent at the game so you cant comment on anything related to it..the scoreline doesnt bother us now or never did cause all we were worried about was the safety of our player.coriantians stood out on pitch knowing exactly wat they were doing.referee made a very very bad call and coriantians stood by him on centre circle.

villaman10
11/04/2011, 5:59 PM
have to agree with shilts verdict, unfortunate what happened to ringmahons player, but what were cors supposed to do, they are on a great run and want promotion, and i have to think most teams would do the same ( no matter what they say on this forum)! we have to look at it from cors side of it as well they followed the rules and in my opinion should get the 3 points!!

Glenbuck
11/04/2011, 6:27 PM
is this so called senior referee inspector aidan o regan because if so you are lying.we spoke to aidan after the game and he said nothing to ref.ref was just over having a chat with him..and id doesnt matter wat the score was even it was ten nil to ye or to ringmahon.at the end of the day its only a game of ball and there was a player in a serious condition on the floor so thats wat our priority.ye can take the three points and the trophy and do wat ye want because thats all ye cared about.wanted to play on because ye were winning.cowardsSince when is Aidan an inspector ???

ringmahon4ever
11/04/2011, 9:30 PM
i dont think most teams would do it.its all about respect and sportmanship.the game was stopped for weel over a half an hour with players visibly upset.last thing on there mind was to play on..ringmahon were on a great run aswell and want promotion more then anyone.fermoy done it for them few months back .
aidan is some sort of inspector or assesor..he didnt tell the ref do anything so dunno why coriantians even said that.

Shilts
12/04/2011, 9:46 AM
the only positive outcome about your comment shilts is that you werent at the game so you cant comment on anything related to it..the scoreline doesnt bother us now or never did cause all we were worried about was the safety of our player.coriantians stood out on pitch knowing exactly wat they were doing.referee made a very very bad call and coriantians stood by him on centre circle.

i dont think most teams would do it.its all about respect and sportmanship.the game was stopped for weel over a half an hour with players visibly upset.last thing on there mind was to play on..ringmahon were on a great run aswell and want promotion more then anyone.fermoy done it for them few months back .
aidan is some sort of inspector or assesor..he didnt tell the ref do anything so dunno why coriantians even said that.

Haha
Of course I can comment on the incident ringmahon4never.
If you had to be at the game to have an opinion there would be no need for this site, you could just chat about it amongst yourselves in the pub afterwards ;)
You mightn't agree with my opinion...but that's your choice.

However, your rant is becoming boring at this stage.
It was unfortunate that your player got injured.
It was unfortunate that you were losing 4-2.
These things happen in football!!!

But if you want to influence the result of a game please stay on the pitch until the end (as decided by the ref).
Your moaning is like the FAI asking FIFA for the 33rd spot at the world cup after the Thierry Henry handball incident.
A little pathetic!

My advice would be to build a bridge and get over it.
Best of luck for the rest of the season and I hope the injured player makes a quick recovery.

Glenbuck
12/04/2011, 10:26 AM
Was at the Hall game taught they were very good and deserved the 3 points, I think this result puts them in the driving seat, cant see anyone catching them now.Dont hold your breath my friend. Some serious football to be played yet.

impartial
12/04/2011, 10:57 AM
Ringmahon4Ever
I agree with Shilts comments about the incident. However some of your comments re Corinthians are a slight bit harsh I have to say.
If i remember correctly it was a corinthians player who advised ringmahon to call the Ambulance.
It was a corinthians player who advised one of your management team on what to do in regards to Bobbsies (No 6) condition. Most of your guys tried to move him into an upright position when his body was clearly in shock.
ALso he didn't swallow his tongue as you mentioned earlier.
And as far as I remeber he came around and was concious as he left in the ambulance.

Bodie
12/04/2011, 11:20 AM
I was at the game myself, Corinthians didnt do anything wrong in my mind. Dont get me wrong that players injury was priority and it was good to see him coming around as he left in ambulance, but that is part and parcel of football. Game was stopped player received appropriate attention and then the game goes on regardless of who is winning at the time of stoppage. Read earlier posts from Clifford and think circumstances were very different in fermoy game as two players were down and game was stopped for almost 40 minutes. Corinthians are getting a lot of stick but think its Ringmahon have a lot to answer for for walking off while losing 4 2.

Hope the player from Ringmahon is ok but think the fair thing to do would be to award Corinthians the points although I am not sure they would want to win the league in this manner??

Horse24
12/04/2011, 12:18 PM
Gents, An AUL guy following all 3 senior divisions and the tight finishes with interest. Have various friends in various camps.

On the unfortunate incident last weekend, I think we may all need to take a step back. Sometimes at our level, 2 or 3 steps below this game on the ladder, we treat it as the most important thing in the world. We all forget that the lucky people of the 32 or whatever involved in a game have work on Monday and mortgages to pay. If a guy gets badly injured like that, rule should be game over. From eyewitness reports, it was really scary for a few minutes. Glad to hear he is out of hospital.

Can you blame the ref? Maybe not depending on what the rule says. The worst thing would be if MSL/AUL dont learn from this.

I would hope in a similar situation as Corinthians were that I could walk off with the other team and play again......but easy for me to say.

Should Corinthians offer a replay? Would they be able to really enjoy the pints after the league title?

Shilts
12/04/2011, 1:27 PM
Gents, An AUL guy following all 3 senior divisions and the tight finishes with interest. Have various friends in various camps.

On the unfortunate incident last weekend, I think we may all need to take a step back. Sometimes at our level, 2 or 3 steps below this game on the ladder, we treat it as the most important thing in the world. We all forget that the lucky people of the 32 or whatever involved in a game have work on Monday and mortgages to pay. If a guy gets badly injured like that, rule should be game over. From eyewitness reports, it was really scary for a few minutes. Glad to hear he is out of hospital.

Can you blame the ref? Maybe not depending on what the rule says. The worst thing would be if MSL/AUL dont learn from this.

I would hope in a similar situation as Corinthians were that I could walk off with the other team and play again......but easy for me to say.

Should Corinthians offer a replay? Would they be able to really enjoy the pints after the league title?

I can't disagree with you more Horse24.
You are just asking for teams to abuse the rule if ALL games were to be abandoned following a serious injury.
There would be guys faking injuries all over the place if their team was in a losing position - in order to get the game abandoned and replayed.
The game must finish on the day in my opinion.

BalagueFC
12/04/2011, 1:47 PM
I wouldn’t be too harsh on Ringmahon for walking off the pitch after seeing one of their friends get badly injured but at the end of the day if the ref said play on then there isn’t much you can do about it. A bad way to end a great league.

I see Ringmahon are down to play Corinthians in the junior league tonight. I hope for all involved the two clubs can put this behind them and just play some good football.

Billynomates
12/04/2011, 2:41 PM
I can't disagree with you more Horse24.
You are just asking for teams to abuse the rule if ALL games were to be abandoned following a serious injury.
There would be guys faking injuries all over the place if their team was in a losing position - in order to get the game abandoned and replayed.
The game must finish on the day in my opinion.

Im no doctor but i think it would be easy to distinguish between a player faking an injury and a player having a seizure. I doubt a player would be good enough actor to stay unconcious or pretend to have a broken leg etc. until an ambulence arrives just so he can get a game abandoned. Shilts you know and i know when an injury is considered serious or not. Surely in serious circumstances like the one witnessed in ringmahon is enough for football to take second place.

villaman10
12/04/2011, 3:37 PM
I wouldn’t be too harsh on Ringmahon for walking off the pitch after seeing one of their friends get badly injured but at the end of the day if the ref said play on then there isn’t much you can do about it. A bad way to end a great league.

I see Ringmahon are down to play Corinthians in the junior league tonight. I hope for all involved the two clubs can put this behind them and just play some good football.

dont think there is any fear of that happening, i know alot of the ringmahon junior team and are all decent skins, couldn't see any of them behaving poorly!

ringmahon4ever
12/04/2011, 8:15 PM
Im no doctor but i think it would be easy to distinguish between a player faking an injury and a player having a seizure. I doubt a player would be good enough actor to stay unconcious or pretend to have a broken leg etc. until an ambulence arrives just so he can get a game abandoned. Shilts you know and i know when an injury is considered serious or not. Surely in serious circumstances like the one witnessed in ringmahon is enough for football to take second place.

your one of very few on this site to talk some sense.thats the point i was trying to say all along but some people think its just boring n stuff.no names.

ringmahon4ever
12/04/2011, 8:19 PM
our junior team beat coriantians tonight.for people to even imply that there might be trouble at it is stupid.

Horse24
12/04/2011, 8:30 PM

If a guy can feign an injury until an ambulance arrives, he deserves an oscar not a replay!! If an ambulance has to be called - game over & replay.

Proves my point about getting a smack of reality. Is the game that important that that you would take an ambulance away from work elsewhere cos your team is losing? Dont get me wrong - our result dictates my mood for the week! Between Liverpool and Blackstone, I went 11 games without a win in the earlier stages of this season! That was hard but it didnt change the fact I had work in the morning. Point 1 - its an amateur game. Point 2 - dont cheat.

Shilts
13/04/2011, 10:06 AM
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this point so!!!
Too many "what ifs" if we go down your road.

What if one team is 5 nil up with a few minutes left? - game abandoned??? - you're having a laugh!!!!

Clifford
13/04/2011, 11:12 AM
Wide ranging selection of opinions on that incident, shame lot's of people are putting the blame on the ref etc. and there seems to be a bit of support for Cors decision which I find surprising. As I mentioned before in Fermoy the ref was going to prob play on until we told him it was in no-ones interests to play on. Despite being 2-0 up we felt it was the right thing to do, but maybe I need a rethink on that one and will try to take advantage of the circumstance next time round. Lay the blame elsewhere maybe as seems to be acceptable to others. :rolleyes:

My disappointment as I mentioned before is that in an identical circumstance in Fermoy the college lads to a man threw around comments like "We'd do the same", "we all have to work on Monday", "it's only a game and we all are in the same boat" etc etc and then when the situation arose they quite clearly did the opposite. Horse24 is spot on, serious injury that requires an ambulance should mean game over. Saturdays incident deserved to be treated with respect and it was shoddy of College to start passing balls around keeping warm when it was obvious this was serious (in my opinion).

PS - FAO Bodie There was not a 40 min delay that day in Fermoy as mentioned. Usually the ambulance would be ages getting there as we are so far out of the City and it's hard to get them down, but as luck would have it it was on it's way back from another call in Mitchelstown so it came off the motorway and was there in about 15. We could well have played on, but chose not to. Ref or no ref it was the right thing to do in our opinion, the guys leg was in bits to be fair.
Again someone above skewed the facts from that day saying two ambulances were called. Not true. Our player getting injured that day did not have an influence on it as he was off on a stretcher within 5 mins and was heading off to southdoc when the ambulance did arrive. They took a look at our lad and said carry on that way, but hey ho don't let that stop people from justifying what they did on Sat.

As for Shilt's "faking it" argument, we're talking real injuries here bud, impossible to make up kind of stuff. You'll know it when you see it if your ever that unfortunate.

Horse24
13/04/2011, 11:59 AM
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this point so!!!
Too many "what ifs" if we go down your road.

What if one team is 5 nil up with a few minutes left? - game abandoned??? - you're having a laugh!!!!

True about the what ifs - thats why I said ambulance means game over. That should be clear enough.

Again people worried about the score when a guy needs an ambulance - does the score matter to the guy on the ground or his family?

ringmahon4ever
13/04/2011, 2:26 PM
Ringmahon4Ever
I agree with Shilts comments about the incident. However some of your comments re Corinthians are a slight bit harsh I have to say.
If i remember correctly it was a corinthians player who advised ringmahon to call the Ambulance.
It was a corinthians player who advised one of your management team on what to do in regards to Bobbsies (No 6) condition. Most of your guys tried to move him into an upright position when his body was clearly in shock.
ALso he didn't swallow his tongue as you mentioned earlier.
And as far as I remeber he came around and was concious as he left in the ambulance.

it was the ringmahon sub who his qualified in first aid that shouted over to line to call anbulance and it was he who pulled out his tongue.coriantians players stayed around for five mins and then strolled over to opposite side of pitch.what would you expect our players to do.they tried to comfort him in best way possible but were advised to clear the area because a local man came onto the pitch and helped out very well.and yes he did come around as he was stretchered off for ambulance.i never said he didnt.

Reznik
13/04/2011, 3:51 PM
Unfortunate incident and hope the player recovers quickly but can we just move on. All of the ''he said this'' and ''you done that'' is exhausting. Its becoming a bit of a soap opera. Big couple of weeks ahead in all leagues and cups and thats what we should concentrate on.

BalagueFC
13/04/2011, 5:10 PM
Unfortunate incident and hope the player recovers quickly but can we just move on. All of the ''he said this'' and ''you done that'' is exhausting. Its becoming a bit of a soap opera. Big couple of weeks ahead in all leagues and cups and thats what we should concentrate on.

You are dead right. Very unfortunate incident that happened in Ringmahon Park at the weekend but it was dealt with one way or the other and that is that. With the players health the most important thing and I hear he is doing well, I think it is time to move on and get back to football. At the end of the day the 2 best teams over 18 games will be promoted and fair play to them

footiefanatic
14/04/2011, 11:48 AM
How about we leave this incident alone for a while...seems to be taking over this forum! As unfortunate as it was, it has passed now and there is still football to be played yet! Think there is some very interesting games in the battle for relegation in the premier...if ucc dont get something from there game away to st.marys, i think that could be curtains on their season!! As is the same in the 1st divison, if Mallow cant register a win away to ballinhassig, they too will most likely be following cobh down to the 2nd division!

Sparky
14/04/2011, 1:23 PM
Agreed. What happened has happend (UNFORTUNATELY). All arguments have some element of substance in them. It is a case of different opinions if you ask me. Lets talk about football and fixtures etc rather than 'cowardly' this and that. Corinthians and Ringmahon are both fine clubs so any knocking is unjust. p.s. I hope I win my own league - THE PREDICTION LEAGUE!!! LOL.

townhall tez
14/04/2011, 2:04 PM
Firstly I hope that young lad is up and about, I heard he got abit of a fright and no one wants to see that ever. Speaking of respect and sportsmanship which your constantly bringing up, didnt yere centreback punch a Mallow lad out on the flat of his back a few weeks ago and get away with it?? And didnt the same centreback pop up and score the winning goal in that game and then go over and celebrate in front of the mallow line?? Now you tell me whats sporting or respectful about that because I cant see that. And if can you honestly say if the shoe was on the other foot Would ringmahon have been so quick to walk off the pitch 4-2 up?? The comments you have put up have more drama in them then an episode of Greys Anatomy. End of the day once the young lad is ok thats the bottom line and for you to be calling another bunch of young lads cowards is way off the mark.

ringmahon4ever
14/04/2011, 2:16 PM
How about we leave this incident alone for a while...seems to be taking over this forum! As unfortunate as it was, it has passed now and there is still football to be played yet! Think there is some very interesting games in the battle for relegation in the premier...if ucc dont get something from there game away to st.marys, i think that could be curtains on their season!! As is the same in the 1st divison, if Mallow cant register a win away to ballinhassig, they too will most likely be following cobh down to the 2nd division!

have a feeling mallow will sneak it.have most of that ballinhassig team imigrated to oz.was something on the paper few weeks back about it

ringmahon4ever
14/04/2011, 2:18 PM
p.s. I hope I win my own league - THE PREDICTION LEAGUE!!! LOL.
its gonna right down to the wire ha.this weekends fixtures are gonna catch alot out.im stil holding out on top.just about though

Reznik
14/04/2011, 9:19 PM
Mayfield 1-2 Blarney Utd

mayfield utd
14/04/2011, 11:56 PM
Mayfield 1-2 Blarney Utd

marys 1 ucc 0

Silly Billy G
15/04/2011, 8:58 AM
marys 1 ucc 0

Thats looks like the end of that for UCC. Only 1 game left and same points as Mayfield whom have 4 left.
I think they have played each other twice already sop barring a major collapse for Mayfield and UCC winning their last game adios the students, disappointing for the team after winning the Collingwood cup and all. I watched them versus Blarney early this season and they looked more than capable of staying in the division but doesnt look good now.

code red
15/04/2011, 9:17 AM
Doesn't look at all good for UCC but its grand having 4 games in hand like mayfield do but they still have to go and win them.UCC might still get something from their last game against Douglas.Mayfield i would think still have to play a few decent teams.

On another note, as we near the end of another season, another season where the running of the senior league has to be called into question.Players waiting until Sunday/Monday before the next weekend waiting to see if & when they will be playing the follwoing weekend.This is a ridculous situation for both players and management and has been going on too long now. Sombody has got to take the figure out and sort this out.A few new faces are needed and not just lads who like to liev it up in the beamish rooms and get their picture in the paper for presenting a meaningless player of the week trophy every week.
They need to look at the referee's situation also. The standard of ref's in the league is almost laughable. We have some ref's in charge of games where they have palyed for one of the clubs previously ( i was told a story last week of a ref being in charge of an intermediate cup final in Cork where he played for one of the teams that were in the final).Then we have some ref's who when in charge of games with certain teams and certain players who they have a grudge with and their decisions reflect that.

Glenbuck
15/04/2011, 12:39 PM
marys 1 ucc 0
Gareth Cambridge pen with 20 to go. Even enough if poor enough game up to then. Both sides had chances but I thought College were the more positive. Think they might have had a few absentees last night. What will become of JC now. Wont look good on the CV.

Glenbuck
15/04/2011, 12:41 PM
Doesn't look at all good for UCC but its grand having 4 games in hand like mayfield do but they still have to go and win them.UCC might still get something from their last game against Douglas.Mayfield i would think still have to play a few decent teams.

On another note, as we near the end of another season, another season where the running of the senior league has to be called into question.Players waiting until Sunday/Monday before the next weekend waiting to see if & when they will be playing the follwoing weekend.This is a ridculous situation for both players and management and has been going on too long now. Sombody has got to take the figure out and sort this out.A few new faces are needed and not just lads who like to liev it up in the beamish rooms and get their picture in the paper for presenting a meaningless player of the week trophy every week.
They need to look at the referee's situation also. The standard of ref's in the league is almost laughable. We have some ref's in charge of games where they have palyed for one of the clubs previously ( i was told a story last week of a ref being in charge of an intermediate cup final in Cork where he played for one of the teams that were in the final).Then we have some ref's who when in charge of games with certain teams and certain players who they have a grudge with and their decisions reflect that.

Put yourself forward. Think there is more to it than presenting "meaningless " motm awards.

archie
15/04/2011, 2:14 PM
Put yourself forward. Think there is more to it than presenting "meaningless " motm awards.
Dead right Glenbuck,All talk no action

ringmahon4ever
15/04/2011, 9:07 PM
Firstly I hope that young lad is up and about, I heard he got abit of a fright and no one wants to see that ever. Speaking of respect and sportsmanship which your constantly bringing up, didnt yere centreback punch a Mallow lad out on the flat of his back a few weeks ago and get away with it?? And didnt the same centreback pop up and score the winning goal in that game and then go over and celebrate in front of the mallow line?? Now you tell me whats sporting or respectful about that because I cant see that. And if can you honestly say if the shoe was on the other foot Would ringmahon have been so quick to walk off the pitch 4-2 up?? The comments you have put up have more drama in them then an episode of Greys Anatomy. End of the day once the young lad is ok thats the bottom line and for you to be calling another bunch of young lads cowards is way off the mark.

welcome to the forum townhall tez..your straight in with allegations like that.have you any proof on this so called incident because its the first anybody has heard of it including me.regarding running over to the opposing sideline,i have seen it happen in loads of grounds around cork.heat of the moment in a game and people do all sorts of celebrations. as i said from the start the scoreline didnt matter to us.its was the lads safety that was the most impotant thing.were all trying to move on from incident now so move on

code red
18/04/2011, 9:55 AM
Dead right Glenbuck,All talk no action

Sorry Archie and Glenbuck but isn't the whole idea of a forum is that people can come and have their opinion.If someone disagree's with what is said then they are more than welcome to put down their opinion on the matter.

I take it from your response that you think the standard of ref's and running of fixtures is of good quality in the senior league.