PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

Clifford
02/04/2011, 11:04 AM
Delayed report from cit beating Fermoy on pens in Pop Keller cup.

Wet, windy, crap. Only positives from the night was getting home and finally having a ref who was decent. Got everything right on the night Inc a pen for them.

Season petering out on us. One left and need miracles for it to mean anything.

AvondaleNutter
02/04/2011, 3:40 PM
avondale1 mayfield 1

Gobias
02/04/2011, 4:08 PM
St.Marys 3-1 Douglas Hall

Glenbuck
02/04/2011, 4:17 PM
St Marys 3 Douglas Hall 1.
Where do I start. It had everything. Saints went 1 up thru Cambridge penalty. Deccie starts mouthing. Yellow card. 10 mins later Deccie gets second yellow for a tackle. Off. Kev Mul gets involved. Straight red, obviously for something he said. Biscuits confronts ref at half time. Words are exchanged. Teams come out for 2nd half .Biscuits is removed off line before game starts. Stands down behind bottom goal. Marys go 2 up thru JP. More yellows for both teams. Total indiscipline. Marys went 3 up with 20 to go. Strachan pulled 1 back for Hall. Hats off to Hall. Down to 9 and they kept plugging away. No ideas coming from behind the goal or the dugout. They can blame ref all they like but it was their discipline that left them down. There was one huge mistake by ref in first half when he failed to give a corner to Hall. Blatant. But at the end of the day I think ALL cards were justified. Did someone say a few weeks ago that Hall were capable of choking ?? The signs are there.

collcorforever
02/04/2011, 6:02 PM
Corinthians 7 Casement 0 Great win for us today, Casement started very well but we got a pen after about 20 minutes and never looked back. 2 more games to go hopefully well do the business but a long way to go yet.

mayfield utd
02/04/2011, 9:35 PM
avondale1 mayfield 1

draw was probably a fair result,1st half was all mayfield and greg kelly scored a good goal to put mayfield 1 up,10 minutes later dave the save pulled off a finger tip save onto to the bar the ball broke in the box and our lads had 3 or 4 shots blocked or saved,don't know how the lads didn't score, the only shots dale had in 1st half was 2 good free kicks at the edge of the box,alberto pulled off a great save from 1 and the other hit a post,dale also had a penalty shout but it would have been very soft,2nd half dale came more into it and took control in the last 20 minutes,they had 1 cleared off the line and mark sull put 1 over the bar from all of 2 yards,dale's pressure finally paid over when a long ball found mark sull in space in the box and he took his chance well with a low shot to the bottom corner.our lads showed some good heart and that there up for the fight to stay in the premier league,unbeating in 3 league games now

Mr.Reliable
03/04/2011, 1:10 PM
If you could name one "dangerous" tackle it would be apprieciated it as I clearly missed them all. Realistically it was a clean game, few yellowcards. Scrappy performances by both sides. Not only was everton player offside but ref stated 2min added time yet goal from the corner came four and a half minutes into injury time. As for Villaman10's match report I would say it was pritty accurate. And yes, Eveton management where ana absaloute disgrace, players where even embarressed by them.

Goggs
03/04/2011, 6:36 PM
marys 3 Douglas 1
My sources tell me that Phil Harringtons teamtalk was centered around taking Garrath Cambridge out of it from the start it was over heard by the ref and he didnt like what he heard now I wasnt at the match so I can't comment on Ref's performance.Perhaps ball-hop could elaborate on this.

Goggs
03/04/2011, 6:59 PM
Midleton 0-1 Everton. Everton fully deserved the 3 points as they controlled the game from start to finish. Midleton should be banned for the very dangerous tackles they were putting in all night. Encouragement for this sort of football could clearly be heard from the Midleton dugout.No place for it in the game!! A corner was given when a Midleton defender kicked the ball out over his own end line. I think a corner kick follows when that happens.I could be wrong...I must check the FIFA rule book!!!!!!!!!!
Jesus Shinguard what match were you at Everton dominated first half Midleton dominated second half in general it was a very clean game,the only downside of the game was Everton's two thugs who roared constent abuse randomly through out the match if they werent roaring at a Midleton player they were roaring at their own in the end I think their own players were embarrassed by the specticle at one stage the Midleton coach was encouraging one of his players and the Everton coach got stuck on him it was unbelivable their was young kids situated around the dugouts what kind of example is this setting.

Billynomates
03/04/2011, 7:56 PM
Thats right Billy, Mogzy is Pat Browns assistant....

Ill say no more ;)

Clifford
03/04/2011, 8:22 PM
Corinthians 7 Casement 0 Great win for us today, Casement started very well but we got a pen after about 20 minutes and never looked back. 2 more games to go hopefully well do the business but a long way to go yet.

Super win for College fair play came into form at the right time. I beg of you to keep this going in the last two games and give everything to hitting 43 points. I know ye will do the right thing!!!

Great win for Castleview as well today. Wouldn't fancy going up there either if I were Ringmahon.

Yes, that is a big straw I'm clutching at!!!

ball-hop
03/04/2011, 8:27 PM
marys 3 Douglas 1
My sources tell me that Phil Harringtons teamtalk was centered around taking Garrath Cambridge out of it from the start it was over heard by the ref and he didnt like what he heard now I wasnt at the match so I can't comment on Ref's performance.Perhaps ball-hop could elaborate on this.

Not privy to what might or might not be said in the dressing room. I wouldn't expect any of the refs in the premier division to be influenced by anything they might or might not hear before the game, during the game or at half time.

Glenbuck
04/04/2011, 2:01 PM
marys 3 Douglas 1
Well if that was the teamtalk they paid no attention to it. Cambridge ran the show from start to finish. In fact I thought he played better against 11. If that is through Hall executive need to have a look at that. Why would you get some of the best footballers in the league to go out and take out an opposing player. Its all about playing to your strenghts and surely Hall strenght is the football that they play.

Glenbuck
04/04/2011, 2:04 PM
Jesus Shinguard what match were you at Everton dominated first half Midleton dominated second half in general it was a very clean game,the only downside of the game was Everton's two thugs who roared constent abuse randomly through out the match if they werent roaring at a Midleton player they were roaring at their own in the end I think their own players were embarrassed by the specticle at one stage the Midleton coach was encouraging one of his players and the Everton coach got stuck on him it was unbelivable their was young kids situated around the dugouts what kind of example is this setting. Thats a first for me. Whatever about Mogsy but I never heard Pa being described as a thug. Things must have been bad.

Glenbuck
04/04/2011, 2:05 PM
Not privy to what might or might not be said in the dressing room. I wouldn't expect any of the refs in the premier division to be influenced by anything they might or might not hear before the game, during the game or at half time.
Strange one on me as well.

ringmahon4ever
04/04/2011, 7:29 PM
Super win for College fair play came into form at the right time. I beg of you to keep this going in the last two games and give everything to hitting 43 points. I know ye will do the right thing!!!

Great win for Castleview as well today. Wouldn't fancy going up there either if I were Ringmahon.

Yes, that is a big straw I'm clutching at!!!
castleview is always gonna be a tough place to go no matter wat day it is never mind when your goin for the league.lost league up there few seasons back.great northside southside rivalary that goes back years..were playing coriantians now saturday.if we beat them and beat castleview and coriantians win there other games i think it will go to a play off then between us but we will take one game at a time..does anyone know about the draw for pop kelleher cup

Clifford
04/04/2011, 8:27 PM
Refs site has you away to View this sat night Ring4ever. College away to Leeds sun morn also on that site. You sure ye playin college?

Billynomates
05/04/2011, 7:30 AM
Refs site has you away to View this sat night Ring4ever. College away to Leeds sun morn also on that site. You sure ye playin college?

MSL website says the game between ringmahon and coritnthians is fixed for saturday at 3. I believe leeds objected to playing corinthians this weekend.

AvondaleNutter
05/04/2011, 8:41 AM
MSL website says the game between ringmahon and coritnthians is fixed for saturday at 3. I believe leeds objected to playing corinthians this weekend.

Can you do that?

The 'View
05/04/2011, 8:56 AM
Not sure why but our game is changed. We're now away to Mallow Sunday morning.

footiefanatic
05/04/2011, 9:30 AM

Leeds pulling a fast one so is it??? Denying the inevitable... can't look past corinthians and ringmahon for promtion!! they have looked the better sides in the division this year, reckon just a year too soon for fermoy. reckon there time will come next year.

ringmahon4ever
05/04/2011, 10:36 AM
why did leeds pull a fast one.are they waiting to see how our game goes saturday to find out have they stil a chance..anymore info.biggest game of the year on saturday for both teams.should expect a bumper crowd lol..

Billynomates
05/04/2011, 1:13 PM
why did leeds pull a fast one.are they waiting to see how our game goes saturday to find out have they stil a chance..anymore info.biggest game of the year on saturday for both teams.should expect a bumper crowd lol..

Aparently they felt it would be unfair as their league games would be finished while ringmahon, fermoy and corinthians would still have a game left. I presume the 4 teams will all play at the same time and same day. No one said they were pulling a fast one. I believe its a justifyable request

the hawk
05/04/2011, 4:27 PM
I spoke to a douglas hall player this morning on my rounds and i asked him about this dressing room incident about nailing cambridge . He said they wern't told to nail him as they are not that tyope of player but were told to mark john paul and close the space around cambridge . No team would ever intentionally go out to hurt a player.

Billynomates
05/04/2011, 5:04 PM
I spoke to a douglas hall player this morning on my rounds and i asked him about this dressing room incident about nailing cambridge . He said they wern't told to nail him as they are not that tyope of player but were told to mark john paul and close the space around cambridge . No team would ever intentionally go out to hurt a player.

Which would be most teams tactics against marys as they are marys bigges threat. I would be very surprised if teams didnt try to nulify the two mentioned.

footiefanatic
06/04/2011, 1:13 PM
Anyone know how Douglas got on in the cup vs Temple last night??

ball-hop
06/04/2011, 4:45 PM
Anyone know how Douglas got on in the cup vs Temple last night??
'Hall won 6-1. Mark Murphy and Gary Drennan got 2 each. Derek Varian and Strachan got the others.

Goggs
07/04/2011, 6:40 AM
Goggs i think it was in fact you who was at a different game,john ryan and his crew on the line were encouarging knowles and a few others into risky and bad challenges and obviously that upset pat brown and the everton people.everton were the only team trying to win the game,midleton went one up front for the second half,while everton pushed on and got what they deserved in the end
First of all welcome to the forum central fox and i'm going to take this slowly as if i'm taking to a 4 year old child.In the first half Midleton had Chubbs and Murphy up front in the second they had Knowls and Murphy up front with Chubbs droping into midfield that means that their was 2 up front in the first half and two up front in the second half even when they made a sub Mccarthy for Murphy it was a straight swap at this stage you would probably want to reread what's going on to keep up.So just to highlight its still two up front.Now for the encouragment of bad challanges Midleton have one red all season and have the best disciplinary record in the league as they had last season in the first division their coach may have had a dodgey discipline record himself but his team that he puts out are the best behavied in the MSL check the fines and ask any ref,Everton on the other hand I'm not so sure they know only one route and that's route one there philosophy on football has never progressed and I don't think it will as long as you have that tactical genius they call Mogsy on the technical staff but in saying that their style works for them and fair play to them but if your going to come on here and mention Knowls and bad challenges in the same sentence this forum will chew you up and spit you out for talking rubbish

Billynomates
07/04/2011, 7:36 AM
First of all welcome to the forum central fox and i'm going to take this slowly as if i'm taking to a 4 year old child.In the first half Midleton had Chubbs and Murphy up front in the second they had Knowls and Murphy up front with Chubbs droping into midfield that means that their was 2 up front in the first half and two up front in the second half even when they made a sub Mccarthy for Murphy it was a straight swap at this stage you would probably want to reread what's going on to keep up.So just to highlight its still two up front.Now for the encouragment of bad challanges Midleton have one red all season and have the best disciplinary record in the league as they had last season in the first division their coach may have had a dodgey discipline record himself but his team that he puts out are the best behavied in the MSL check the fines and ask any ref,Everton on the other hand I'm not so sure they know only one route and that's route one there philosophy on football has never progressed and I don't think it will as long as you have that tactical genius they call Mogsy on the technical staff but in saying that their style works for them and fair play to them but if your going to come on here and mention Knowls and bad challenges in the same sentence this forum will chew you up

Well said goggs. Everton have always tried to beat teams using long balls and being physical, and there is nothing wrong with that and can be effective. But to say midleton especially Knowles who is one of the nicest guys you could meet went out to ruffle evertons feathers is farcical. I was not at the game myself but have seen midleton a few times this season and they have always tried to play football. I like your comment about Mogsy too ;)

Silly Billy G
07/04/2011, 12:57 PM
Leave poor auld Mogsy alone
Who's going to win Donie Forde Cup tomorrow night ? I'll have to plump for Blarney ! Marys beat them in Keane Cup final a few years ago but Blarney to triumph this time ! Both teams in good form going into it

greengrass
07/04/2011, 2:44 PM
Who's going to win Donie Forde Cup tomorrow night ? I'll have to plump for Blarney ! Marys beat them in Keane Cup final a few years ago but Blarney to triumph this time ! Both teams in good form going into it

it could be a tight game
marys beat them out in o shea park a few weeks ago 1 nil although blarney had a man sent off early on,
i say draw and blarney in extra time,just get that feeling

Glenbuck
07/04/2011, 3:04 PM
I spoke to a douglas hall player this morning on my rounds and i asked him about this dressing room incident about nailing cambridge . He said they wern't told to nail him as they are not that tyope of player but were told to mark john paul and close the space around cambridge . No team would ever intentionally go out to hurt a player.I thought as much

Glenbuck
07/04/2011, 3:07 PM
Who's going to win Donie Forde Cup tomorrow night ? I'll have to plump for Blarney ! Marys beat them in Keane Cup final a few years ago but Blarney to triumph this time ! Both teams in good form going into itSaints playing well at the moment. Think they might sneak it.

ringmahon4ever
07/04/2011, 3:16 PM
anybody goin down to ringmahon park for the big game on saturday.whats yere predictions

villaman10
07/04/2011, 4:44 PM
Goggs i think it was in fact you who was at a different game,john ryan and his crew on the line were encouarging knowles and a few others into risky and bad challenges and obviously that upset pat brown and the everton people.everton were the only team trying to win the game,midleton went one up front for the second half,while everton pushed on and got what they deserved in the end

opinions are like a*"$holes, everybody has 1!!! ha ha!! you have a BIG opinion!!

six-yard-box
07/04/2011, 9:21 PM
rockmount won 2-1 tonight poor game i thought. do what they usually do grind out a result with a winner from set piece.

Clifford
07/04/2011, 9:59 PM
anybody goin down to ringmahon park for the big game on saturday.whats yere predictions

I hope to get there. I'll be in the College camp for obvious selfish reasons. Think 1-3 might be the outcome.

Will the final week be next weekend and will they all be played on a Sun morn?

Glenbuck
08/04/2011, 10:37 AM
rockmount won 2-1 tonight poor game i thought. do what they usually do grind out a result with a winner from set piece. oh happy days. Anybody win 2 1 and its a great result. 3 pts is 3 pts at anytime of the season but more importantly at squeky bum time. Stand up and be counted boys !!!!!!

ringmahon4ever
08/04/2011, 11:13 AM
I hope to get there. I'll be in the College camp for obvious selfish reasons. Think 1-3 might be the outcome.

Will the final week be next weekend and will they all be played on a Sun morn?
your getting very selfish lately clifford ha ha.think the final games are not for two or three weeks because i think were down to be playing a cup game next weekend.thats the rumour on the street.as for your prediction i hope we make ya eat your words :)..come on the ringmahon

douglas local
08/04/2011, 2:39 PM
that tactical genius they call Mogsy on the technical staff

is this the quote of the season

razor
08/04/2011, 9:06 PM
Marys won on pens tonight

Clifford
09/04/2011, 9:26 AM
Ballincollig v Casement Celtic Ballincollig (D. Deady)
Ringmahon Rangers V College Corinthians Ringmahon Park ( F. Murphy) New Fixture ******** (Cliffy)
Castleview v Ringmahon Rgs O’Sullivan Park 7pm (F. Murphy)

From the fixture page, arf - I love it. Hats off to whoever does the fixtures!!! Laughed my ass off. Now I expect a personalised one every week.

Sweeeeeet. :ball:

Clifford
09/04/2011, 2:27 PM
Totally bizarre here at ringmahon park. 3-2 to college after 22 mins. Were two up in ten. 2 all after 20. Goal after almost every attack. Mental.

Edit 4-2 col half t.

ringmahon4ever
09/04/2011, 3:55 PM
game adandoned down in ringmahon park..ringmahon players knocked unconcious..went into a seizure fit and swallowed tongue..game stopped for over 30 mins..college coriantians and referee finbarr murphy are an absolute disgrace to cork soccer.they wanted to play the game after everything that happened.how could you justify that.ringmahon team walked off.game should be adandoned 5 mins after incident.life or death situation..coriantians can take the league like that if they want.correct me if im wrong but didnt coriantians do the same down in fermoy.shocking.

AvondaleNutter
09/04/2011, 4:08 PM
game adandoned down in ringmahon park..ringmahon players knocked unconcious..went into a seizure fit and swallowed tongue..game stopped for over 30 mins..college coriantians and referee finbarr murphy are an absolute disgrace to cork soccer.they wanted to play the game after everything that happened.how could you justify that.ringmahon team walked off.game should be adandoned 5 mins after incident.life or death situation..coriantians can take the league like that if they want.correct me if im wrong but didnt coriantians do the same down in fermoy.shocking.
if that is true it is a disgrace. if a game is stopped for that long you cant expect players to try and get back into the game. what was the score before the incident? do corinthians win the league now? hope your player recovers

ringmahon4ever
09/04/2011, 4:14 PM
disgrace is putting it lightly.ringmahon walked and coriantians and ref stayed on.how could play a game after seeing an incident like that.ringmahon players were visibly upset lookin at one of there own players in so much distress..coriantians were up 4-2 but the game was very good.was goin either way.i think coriantians get the points but they can take them and put them were the sun doesnt shine.wat type of men are they.giving there club and cork soccer a bad name.i blame the ref more but wat i want to say i would be kicked off this forum.the player got taken away by ambulance..our taughts are with him and his family

Clifford
09/04/2011, 4:29 PM
Sad sad day all round and one which will haunt College Corinthinans for a long time. I have no idea what they were thinking, especially with the horrific incident we all shared together in Carrig Park before Christmas. I hope when the dust settles they will do the right thing and do it with apologies to the league and the Ringmahon club.

I am so disappointed because when we pulled the game in Fermoy at 2 nil up without hesitation they were all mulling around saying it was the right call and they would do the same if it was one of us. Terrible stuff lads, ye have made a massive howler and I hope ye can man up and set the record straight.

The game was a cracker up to that point. 6 goals in an incident packed first half. The incident which led to the injury was accidental and innoccuous enough. The reaction of the Mahon bench was good and the gent who ran in from the side obviously knew what he was doing. I was very worried for the player when he went into seizure, but it was dealt with well and ambulances came very fast.

Best of luck in the recovery to the lad, no one in the league deserves this to happen and at the end of the day there are so many things more important in life.

ringmahon4ever
09/04/2011, 5:31 PM
thanks for clifford.one of the ringmahon players said to it a ......... player.dont even wanna mention the club ,that something simular happenened to them down in fermoy.his answer.sure that was back in october were goin for the league now.it was a great game all right.we were stil in with chance but after wat happened you cant expect a team to continue playing.we walkked off while they stayed on thinkin they were the men.some sportmanship by all in there club.ringmahon were deservidly applauded off the pitch.

collcorforever
09/04/2011, 7:41 PM
1st off would like to hope that ringmahons no 6 makes a quick recovery, I know our captain contacted his family and they said he is doing ok.
Next point Finbarr made it clear to both teams that the game will finish after he consulted with a senior referree inspector and then informed both teams that it will go ahead.
Something similar happened us before the game with castleview where one of our players had an epeleptic fit before kick off and we had to call an ambulance, a lot of our guys were upset but we were told the game was to be played and we went with what the ref said like we did today. This is possible the worst result for Corinthians as we did not want it to end this way but by no means were the last few posts fair on Corinthians.
It was a good game with goals flying in at both ends, at the end of the day i hope that ringmahons player makes a good recovery.

ringmahon4ever
09/04/2011, 8:24 PM
ye had a similar senario down in fermoy when of yere players broke his leg.it was fermoy who decided not to play on in an act of "sportmanship"..ye stood out on pitch today when ringmahon team walked off knowing exactly wat ye were doing and knowing wat the outcome would be so dont give us the story of the ref told ye.if two teams decide to walk off in repect of the player the ref cant do nothing.you cannot expect any team to restart a game after it been stopped for over half an hour.well if ye act like that of course the posts are gonna be like that.i would love to say more but if i do il be banished from forum..your club and players are after leaving a bitter taste in everyones mouth that was down at game.especially our player that is up in hospital..