PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

collcorforever
23/03/2011, 4:13 PM
was out at the game.they got a scrappy goal to win it with 2 mins left..ballinhassig scored in after 5 mins to lead and re took the lead 5 mins into second half..poor enough game.pich was shocking.no lines on it.ref done all he could to give game to coriantins but of course i would say that ha ha.every 50 50 ball he gave free to them.interesting game now this weekend for both teams.dunno who to support though :)

Glad to take the 3 points, taught ballinhassig were very good but we got the bit of luck in the end. I taught the ref did his best on a bad pitch with bad light and no lines.
Dont think the lights in CIT are good enough to play night games!!!Looking forward to Fermoy at the weekend.

the hawk
23/03/2011, 9:14 PM
they didnt refuse to shake reznik ,some fellas shook most players hands others just did 1 r 2 and walked off . Razor i taught we werent write utter lies on this forum and i actually spoke to a blarney player not 15 minutes ago and he started laughing about rezniks post saying how off the mark it was .

Reznik
24/03/2011, 2:38 PM
they didnt refuse to shake reznik ,some fellas shook most players hands others just did 1 r 2 and walked off . Razor i taught we werent write utter lies on this forum and i actually spoke to a blarney player not 15 minutes ago and he started laughing about rezniks post saying how off the mark it was .

I understand hawkie your probably a little rattled after the recent defeats in the league and intermediate cup but theres no need to go ''telling tales'' to razor. I seen the incident with my own two eyes.

the hawk
24/03/2011, 9:29 PM
but the funny thing is the more ye talk about bottling it and rattled that just fires up the hall and im sure the management will just turn all the negativity into a its us against them all so reznik by all means keep going . What incident some players just walk off the pitch others stay and shake every players hands and refs .Now take your spoon and try stir about a different team

Carpet
25/03/2011, 2:05 AM
Jeeny Mack Hawk will ya throw a few comma's in if your writing a post,it's painful to read.
On a separate note,ye're rattled to the core Hawk,rattled.

villaman10
25/03/2011, 11:47 AM
cit 11 crosshaven 0, sum goal scoring by cit!!

Gobias
25/03/2011, 11:52 AM
cit 11 crosshaven 0, sum goal scoring by cit!!

Whats happened to Crosshaven, I know that they were struggling all year but the last two weeks they've got beat by double figures.

ringmahon4ever
25/03/2011, 12:07 PM
Glad to take the 3 points, taught ballinhassig were very good but we got the bit of luck in the end. I taught the ref did his best on a bad pitch with bad light and no lines.
Dont think the lights in CIT are good enough to play night games!!!Looking forward to Fermoy at the weekend.

taught ballinhassig maybe had around two to three players that were good enough.that young fella they brought on out right mid caused yere left back loads of problems..ref at half time had to put cones down so he knew where the lines for box was.if your paying cit money to rent pitch the least they can do if cut the grass and line the pitch.the lights were very bad.they seemed to be very low down..this weekend will decide alot.if cliffords army beat ye its wide open again but if ye win its a two horse race.but who comes over the final hurdle first is the question :)

ringmahon4ever
25/03/2011, 12:09 PM
Whats happened to Crosshaven, I know that they were struggling all year but the last two weeks they've got beat by double figures.

there junior team is as bad.think they should pull one team and either go junior or senior then with one team.doesnt look good for a team with great facilities like that.

razor
25/03/2011, 3:03 PM
I understand hawkie your probably a little rattled after the recent defeats in the league and intermediate cup but theres no need to go ''telling tales'' to razor. I seen the incident with my own two eyes.There's probably no game goes by where everyone shakes everyone elses hand, it's not as if it a big deal compared to some of the other "rubbish" brought up on this forum in the past.

Hard to imagine that the Halls performance this weekend would be impacted in any way by a few fellas slagging on a football forum.

Nedge
25/03/2011, 3:04 PM
I was at the game too, the pitch was a diasgrace, no markings and poor lights. Ref was very whistle friendly when it came to giving free kicks for coriantians. . i think your being harsh on ballinhassig players, thought they gave a good accout of themselves against an inform team .I thought there was nice football being played by both sides on a very bobbily pitch. Very bid games this weekend- whose gonna win it lads?

ringmahon4ever
25/03/2011, 5:24 PM
I was at the game too, the pitch was a diasgrace, no markings and poor lights. Ref was very whistle friendly when it came to giving free kicks for coriantians. . i think your being harsh on ballinhassig players, thought they gave a good accout of themselves against an inform team .I thought there was nice football being played by both sides on a very bobbily pitch. Very bid games this weekend- whose gonna win it lads?

whistle happy is putting it lightly ha ha.yeah ok so they prob have better players but the game it self was not the greatest.pitch didnt help any team...a draw in the big game will do ringmahon a big favour :)

razor
25/03/2011, 8:52 PM
Blarney Utd 0-0 Rockmount tonight

Sparky
25/03/2011, 9:27 PM
Midleton 1-2 Douglas Hall. Midleton went one up midway through first half but Hall equalised within two mins. 1-1 at HT. Hall scored goal midway through 2nd half. Hall worthy of all 3 points. Midleton keeper who is usually solid was quiet poor with decision makings. Midleton looked like they want the season to finish. Stapletona and Knowles very quiet. Second half was scrappy but Hall had all the possession. Mark Murphy and Strachan were lively, Podge in goal is a fine keeper. If the Dale dont win tomorrow I see the Hall pulling away nicely with 6 games to go.

Clifford
25/03/2011, 10:22 PM
Stronger ref tomorrow on a good surface ring4ever wil help hopefully. We'll give it a right lash and see where we come out at the end of it. If we come up short then it won't be from lack of effort that's for sure.

Best of luck to all over the weekend.

We have CIT again next Thurs in the Pop K cup. Assuming the league allow it to happen of course that is. Looks like only team punished in that fiasco was us. Joke.

villaman10
26/03/2011, 2:10 AM
Midleton 1-2 Douglas Hall. Midleton went one up midway through first half but Hall equalised within two mins. 1-1 at HT. Hall scored goal midway through 2nd half. Hall worthy of all 3 points. Midleton keeper who is usually solid was quiet poor with decision makings. Midleton looked like they want the season to finish. Stapletona and Knowles very quiet. Second half was scrappy but Hall had all the possession. Mark Murphy and Strachan were lively, Podge in goal is a fine keeper. If the Dale dont win tomorrow I see the Hall pulling away nicely with 6 games to go.

fair report, was at the game myself, very clean game, think there was only 1 yellow card the whole game.., douglas started the stronger possesion wise, though midleton had more clear cut chances in the first half, which half way through the first half they scored a great goal with at least 7 players made a contribution!! douglas replied within 2 minutes, a hopefull punt to the back post was knocked back to the centre forward and tapped home,rest of 1st half prob midleton better team,,! second half ... another punt up field caught out midletons right center half and brut's??? scored!! midleton had a few chances to get a draw,, but didnt happen!! very harsh naming stapelton and knowles taught they did well for service they got!

Gobias
26/03/2011, 1:28 PM
Blarney Utd 0-0 Rockmount tonight

Poor game to watch, Rockmount were probably the better team in the first half but created nothing. 2nd half was fairly even with Blarney missing a couple of opportunities to score on the break.

Between Avondale and Douglas now for the title

ball-hop
26/03/2011, 3:21 PM
douglas replied within 2 minutes, a hopefull punt to the back post was knocked back to the centre forward and tapped home,rest of 1st half prob midleton better team,,! second half ... another punt up field caught out midletons right center half and brut's??? scored!! midleton had a few chances to get a draw,, but didnt happen!! very harsh naming stapelton and knowles taught they did well for service they got!

Decky O'Connell and Wayne Bruton scored the goals. Fine win.

Billynomates
26/03/2011, 3:51 PM
Avondale won 4-1 today against marys

Glenbuck
26/03/2011, 4:03 PM
Avondale won 4-1 today against marys
Fair result. Dale well on top. Huge talking point the sending off of Cahill for Dale with 25 to go when it was 1 each. Second yellow for ball he clearly won (how else did ball end up at half way line). Terrible decision by a ref who I regard as being the best in MSL. Ok he loves himself but who doesnt. ha ha.Mention as well to Marys goal. How Scoops got to a ball that was a yard from going out for a goal kick is beyond me. Outstanding goal.

Clifford
26/03/2011, 5:13 PM
College 3-0 fermoy

Fermoy on top first 20, had to attack and did. College weathered the storm and started to play as half went on. Got great goal on stroke of halt time which killed us. Had to go at it and did for 20 mins in sec half. In the end good college play got them two more on the break. Better team won. Hats off to them for taking 10 point from 12 in a week.

Shinguard
26/03/2011, 7:49 PM
Tramore 1-6 Everton.

magpie
27/03/2011, 3:20 PM
any fixtures for coming week out yet?

Glenbuck
27/03/2011, 3:22 PM
After yesterdays results are Tramore officially relegated ??

Glenbuck
27/03/2011, 3:23 PM
any fixtures for coming week out yet?
Not a thing. AUL fixtures are up since yesterday morning.

Billynomates
27/03/2011, 7:12 PM
Thursday 31st March

Pop Keller Cup 2nd Round

CIT v Fermoy CIT 7.30 (J. Linehan)

Friday 1st April(7.30pm Kick-Off Unless Stated)

Beamish Stout Floodlit League

Ballincollig v College Corinthians The Mardyke 7pm (D. Daly)
Mayfield Utd v Wilton The Mardyke 8pm (I. O’Connell)
Everton v Carrigaline Utd The Mardyke 9pm (I. O’Connell)

Beamish Stout Senior Cup 2nd Round

Blarney Utd v Leeds O’Shea Park (P.Buckley)

Beamish Stout Senior Premier Division

Midleton v Everton Knockgrffin(J. Lyne, F. Murphy, T. Long)
Rockmount v Tramore Ath Rockmount Park (S. O’Connell, G. Stephens, Ray Murphy)

Beamish Stout Junior Premier Division

Carrigaline Utd A v Mayfield Utd Ballea Park (R. Murphy)
Douglas Hall v UCC A Douglas Hall Grnds (T. Callanan)
Saturday 2nd April(2.30pm Kick-off)

Avondale Utd v Mayfield Utd Avondale Park (G. Stephens, S. O’Connell, P. Buckley)
St Marys v Douglas Hall St Marys Park(D. Deady, T. Long, J. Linehan)

Beamish Stout Senior 1st Division

Ballincollig v Castleview Ballincollig (J. Lyne)
College Corinthians v Casement Celtic Corinthians Park (F. Murphy)

Glasheen v Cobh Wanderers Glasheen Park (T. Callanan)

Beamish Stout Junior 1st Division

Crosshaven v Brooklodge Camden (D. Daly)
CIT v Bandon CIT (I. O’Connell)
Tramore Ath v Ringmahon Rgs B Tramore Park (J. O’Reilly)
Everton Utd v UCC Academials Everton Park (A. O’Connell)
Passage v Carrigaline Utd B Passage (M. Barry)

Sunday 3rd April(10.45am KO)

Pop Keller Cup 2nd Round

Lakewood Ath v Cobh Wanderers Ovens (T. Long)

Beamish Stout Senior 2nd Division

Crosshaven v Youghal Utd Camden (T. Callanan)
Garryduff v CIT Garryduff (R. Murphy)
Passage v Temple Utd Passage (J. Linehan)
Beamish Stout Junior Super Cup 2nd Round

College Corinthians v Blarney Utd Corinthians Park (F. Murphy)
Crofton Celtic v Everton CIT (J. Lyne)

Midleton v Ringmahon Rgs A Knockgrffin (P. Buckley)

Beamish Stout Junior 1st Division

Avondale Utd v Mallow Utd Avondale Park (Ray Murphy)
Tuesday 5th April

Beamish Stout Senior Cup 2nd Round

Douglas Hall v Temple Utd Douglas Hall Grnds 8pm (J Linehan)

Thursday 7th April(6.15pm KO Unless Stated)

Rockmount v Mayfield Utd Rockmount Park 7.30pm (J. Lyne, P. Buckley, L. Buckley)

Beamish Stout Senior 2nd Division

CIT v Bandon CIT 7.30pm (R. Murphy)

Glasheen v Mayfield Utd Glasheen Park (G. Stephens)
College Corinthians v UCC A Corinthians Park (D. Deady)
Everton v Ringmahon Rgs A Everton Park (F. Murphy)

Glenbuck
27/03/2011, 11:24 PM
BillyNoMates for fixture secetary. ha ha

The 'View
27/03/2011, 11:31 PM
Anyone at the 'Walk of dreams today'. Brought some of my u-9 team. In fairness great crowd with a good turnout by the refs who acted as the stewards. Spoke to some clubs who were a bit disapointed with their turnout but it was the first year for this so hopefully it will pick up.

Billynomates
28/03/2011, 7:38 AM
BillyNoMates for fixture secetary. ha ha

I like it!

razor
28/03/2011, 9:01 AM
I like it!
Good man Billy
I always use the referees site (http://www.isrscork.com/msl.htm) for the fixtures

Shinguard
28/03/2011, 9:16 AM
Good man Billy
I always use the referees site (http://www.isrscork.com/msl.htm) for the fixtures

It says it all about the MSL when we all have to get the fixtures on the referees website. The MSl should have the fixtures up on their website well ahead of the referees but unfortunately that is not the case and it looks like it won't improve between now and remainder of the season.

Billynomates
28/03/2011, 10:30 AM
Good man Billy

Thats where i got them from. They usually post them at about 8ish on a sunday evening. I just cant understand how the AUL fixtures can be posted on a friday night and we have to wait till sunday. Has anyone brought this issue up at the AGM?

Sparky
28/03/2011, 12:29 PM
Thats where i got them from. They usually post them at about 8ish on a sunday evening. I just cant understand how the AUL fixtures can be posted on a friday night and we have to wait till sunday. Has anyone brought this issue up at the AGM?

Totally with you on this one Billynomates, I am harping on about it all the time. At LEAST two weeks notice isn't too much to ask? So lads where is the title going? I think D.Hall and Avondale both have potential banana skins this weekend! It's the most exciting league in years, only Tramore's faith is destined but with 6 or 7 games to go the league is there for who wants it most and so is the drop! Douglas Hall look to have the league with UCC looking to go down but stanger things have happened! First Division Table is as good as Premier and our Prediction Table is going nicely too (hope i get top 4 so Europe beckons)!

ringmahon4ever
28/03/2011, 2:12 PM
2 weeks in a row and we have no fixture..how are ya suppossed to keep the motivation up when theres no ball been played.very hard to organise a friendly because every other team is playing.typical msl

Glenbuck
28/03/2011, 3:21 PM
I think its just getting it on the website is the prob. I knew on Sat afternoon that Marys were down to play Hall this Sat and The Donie Forde Cup final is fixed for following week.

Glenbuck
28/03/2011, 3:22 PM
Totally with you on this one Billynomates, I am harping on about it all the time. At LEAST two weeks notice isn't too much to ask? So lads where is the title going? I think D.Hall and Avondale both have potential banana skins this weekend! It's the most exciting league in years, only Tramore's faith is destined but with 6 or 7 games to go the league is there for who wants it most and so is the drop! Douglas Hall look to have the league with UCC looking to go down but stanger things have happened! First Division Table is as good as Premier and our Prediction Table is going nicely too (hope i get top 4 so Europe beckons)!

Hot on your heels Sparky !!!

Sparky
28/03/2011, 5:52 PM
Hot on your heels Sparky !!!

Long way to go Glenbuck but if I finish higher than you I think I will win it ha ha (ya right). Enjoyable predicting as it gives you an interest in every game. Good job Razor. Glenbuck, go with your head this weekend not your heart!!! I tell you what I would LOVE IT, JUST LOVE IT if I beat you! (KK Rant).

footiefanatic
29/03/2011, 1:47 PM
Totally with you on this one Billynomates, I am harping on about it all the time. At LEAST two weeks notice isn't too much to ask? So lads where is the title going? I think D.Hall and Avondale both have potential banana skins this weekend! It's the most exciting league in years, only Tramore's faith is destined but with 6 or 7 games to go the league is there for who wants it most and so is the drop! Douglas Hall look to have the league with UCC looking to go down but stanger things have happened! First Division Table is as good as Premier

Reckon it is up between Avondale and Douglas for the premier now..interesting weekend ahead, with Douglas having a much more difficult game on paper (away to Mary's) than Avondale (home vs Mayfield). Think Douglas will drop a few points against this resurgent Mary's side, once again blowing the league wide open. On the 1st division, think corinthians have put themselves in a good enough postition for promotion, along with ringmahon! fermoys loss vs Corinthians was nail in coffin for them i think.

razor
29/03/2011, 2:52 PM
Reckon it is up between Avondale and Douglas for the premier now..interesting weekend ahead, with Douglas having a much more difficult game on paper (away to Mary's) than Avondale (home vs Mayfield). Think Douglas will drop a few points against this resurgent Mary's sideCouldn't have foreseen Avondale winning 4-1 last Saturday, at 1-1 with Dale down to 10 men, Marys were on top and looked the more likely to win it.

douglas local
30/03/2011, 9:41 PM
Reckon it is up between Avondale and Douglas for the premier now..interesting weekend ahead, with Douglas having a much more difficult game on paper (away to Mary's) than Avondale (home vs Mayfield). Think Douglas will drop a few points against this resurgent Mary's side, once again blowing the league wide open.

are people forgetting everton and what would happen if rockmount win their last six games

Glenbuck
31/03/2011, 3:27 PM
Reckon it is up between Avondale and Douglas for the premier now..interesting weekend ahead, with Douglas having a much more difficult game on paper (away to Mary's) than Avondale (home vs Mayfield). Think Douglas will drop a few points against this resurgent Mary's side, once again blowing the league wide open. On the 1st division, think corinthians have put themselves in a good enough postition for promotion, along with ringmahon! fermoys loss vs Corinthians was nail in coffin for them i think.Marys did not look too resurgent last Sat against 10 man Avondale.

Glenbuck
31/03/2011, 3:36 PM
Couldn't have foreseen Avondale winning 4-1 last Saturday, at 1-1 with Dale down to 10 men, Marys were on top and looked the more likely to win it. In all fairness Razor, Marys scored totally against the run of play (good goal it was too) and stayed on top for 10 minutes after that without threatening "The Save". After that the better team eased home.

six-yard-box
31/03/2011, 8:44 PM
aul have fixtures up until the 14th of april. senior league are lucky to have fixtures for this weekend. some joke.

razor
01/04/2011, 8:24 AM
In all fairness Razor, Marys scored totally against the run of play (good goal it was too) and stayed on top for 10 minutes after that without threatening "The Save". After that the better team eased home.There was one save from a free kick but once Dale got the third there was no doubt, even the Rockmount spies left at that stage :D

Glenbuck
01/04/2011, 12:18 PM
There was one save from a free kick but once Dale got the third there was no doubt, even the Rockmount spies left at that stage :D

I keep my distance from the "spies".

villaman10
01/04/2011, 8:52 PM
midleton 0 everton 1!! last min goal from a corner that shouldn't of been! game of 2 halfs really everton on top 1st half, midleton on top in the 2nd!! draw would of been fair result!! everton manager and assistant manager.?? well lets say they should be banned from being anywhere near children the abuse they were handing out to both sets of players, no place for it in the game!!

Shinguard
01/04/2011, 9:43 PM
midleton 0 everton 1!! last min goal from a corner that shouldn't of been! game of 2 halfs really everton on top 1st half, midleton on top in the 2nd!! draw would of been fair result!! everton manager and assistant manager.?? well lets say they should be banned from being anywhere near children the abuse they were handing out to both sets of players, no place for it in the game!!

Midleton 0-1 Everton. Everton fully deserved the 3 points as they controlled the game from start to finish. Midleton should be banned for the very dangerous tackles they were putting in all night. Encouragement for this sort of football could clearly be heard from the Midleton dugout.No place for it in the game!! A corner was given when a Midleton defender kicked the ball out over his own end line. I think a corner kick follows when that happens.I could be wrong...I must check the FIFA rule book!!!!!!!!!!

villaman10
01/04/2011, 10:29 PM
Midleton 0-1 Everton. Everton fully deserved the 3 points as they controlled the game from start to finish. Midleton should be banned for the very dangerous tackles they were putting in all night. Encouragement for this sort of football could clearly be heard from the Midleton dugout.No place for it in the game!! A corner was given when a Midleton defender kicked the ball out over his own end line. I think a corner kick follows when that happens.I could be wrong...I must check the FIFA rule book!!!!!!!!!!

hey shinguard just giving my opinion as a nuetral! but since your'e reading your'e fifa rule book! what's the page number for the offside rule?? yes everton got there goal from a corner kick and fair play to them, but in the passage of play leading up to the corner, if your'e not being biased there was 2 feet of daylight between evertons attacker and midletons last man!! have seen alot of games this year including both everton and midleton as i have an interest in local soccer, no way can midleton be accused of dirty tactics, but thats just my opinion! as for bert and ernie on the sidline (sesame street ) thats my opinion too!! looking forward to avondales game now tomorrow hope they keep up the pressure on douglas keep this interesting title battle going for a bit longer!! my money wont be on your'e team anyway shinguard!! :-)

Billynomates
02/04/2011, 8:40 AM

Is that micheal moyninhan still assistant at everton?

Southsider
02/04/2011, 9:43 AM
Is that micheal moyninhan still assistant at everton?
Thats right Billy, Mogzy is Pat Browns assistant....