PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

Billynomates
28/02/2011, 7:57 PM
since there are some very intelligent football people on this thread was wondering if ye could help me, basically the team that had the trial game last week against irelands u21's is that the only amateur team we have? i ask this after a friendly discussion in a public house over the weekend!! clarification would be welcome!! cheers lads

Was there an amateur team represented by senior(intermediate) players and a junior internaional team before? Thats if my memory serves me right

Billynomates
28/02/2011, 7:58 PM
What other players from Cork were on it? I heard Mark Murphy from Douglas hall got a call up

villaman10
01/03/2011, 9:05 AM
What other players from Cork were on it? I heard Mark Murphy from Douglas hall got a call up

king and monty from rockmount
4 from douglas
and derek delea from leeside i think there were seperate teams before but am sure that they just became 1 team a few years ago, just looking for confirmation

ball-hop
01/03/2011, 9:32 AM
There was a previous trial match in Dublin - back in November. The squad is being assembled for the European Regions (Amateur) Cup which is schedule for June/July. We qualified in a tournament held in Dublin last year. The qualification details are on the FAI website, but I couldn't find details of the final tournament.

Glenbuck
01/03/2011, 12:17 PM
4 from douglas
and derek delea from leeside i think there were seperate teams before but am sure that they just became 1 team a few years ago, just looking for confirmation
I think it was Darren O Riordan rather than Kinger.

Billynomates
01/03/2011, 1:01 PM
4 from douglas

What players from Douglas got a call up?

villaman10
01/03/2011, 1:17 PM
What players from Douglas got a call up?

read it in last tues star mark murphy the striker tryin to remember the rest but think a mcCarthy fella as well will try and find the paper!! can any one say for definite whether its just the 1 team at amateur level,?

ball-hop
01/03/2011, 1:24 PM
Definitely one team - Munster/Leinster combination - European Regions Cup.

Mark Murphy, David Hackett, Graham McCarthy and Wilkie.

BalagueFC
01/03/2011, 1:42 PM
I may have been a bit hasty writing your promotion chances off collcorforever. That was a big win away at the weekend. Do you have many of the top teams left to play?

ringmahon4ever
01/03/2011, 5:35 PM
tough game away to mallow this weekend.never a nice place to go looking for vital points.league looks like its goin right down to the wire

Billynomates
01/03/2011, 7:35 PM
I may have been a bit hasty writing your promotion chances off collcorforever. That was a big win away at the weekend. Do you have many of the top teams left to play?

They must play leeds away, ringmahon away, fermoy home, casement home, castleview home i think

ringmahon4ever
01/03/2011, 7:50 PM
They must play leeds away, ringmahon away, fermoy home, casement home, castleview home i think

do they not have more games then that.were at home to them and fermoy.away to mallow and castleview

Nedge
01/03/2011, 9:42 PM
I think collcor have ballinhassig away too, wont be easy especially after their result against leeds in the weekend

Billynomates
02/03/2011, 7:22 AM
I was just naming the so called big boys. They still have 9 games remaining

wesleyBHFC
02/03/2011, 6:07 PM
I think collcor have ballinhassig away too, wont be easy especially after their result against leeds in the weekend

Ballinhassig are very in consistent this year!!! would not be surprised if they go down. certainly in a relegation battle with cobh, mallow, and ballincollig!!

villaman10
02/03/2011, 6:09 PM
cobh gone already

Reznik
02/03/2011, 6:29 PM
cobh gone already

Correct Cobh mathamatically allready doomed! Mallow look most likely to follow but they still have to play ballincollig. Could be a survival showdown. Mallow 3 behind collig with 2 games in hand. It would be interesting if the MSL could leave that game until last. Bottom of the table crunch games can be just as exciting as the title winning games.

Reznik
02/03/2011, 6:39 PM
Regarding the 1st div promotion chase, Even after a tough defeat at the weekend i hope its Fermoys year. North cork club would be fresh in the Prem again after a few years out. Great facilities aswell. Long way to go yet including a difficult trip to leeds this weekend who themselves will be looking for some ''bouncebackability'' after a shocking result last time out. My final predication

1. Fermoy
2. Ringmahon
3. Corinthians
4. Leeds

collcorforever
02/03/2011, 7:16 PM
a small bit hasty, think you were having an anti Corinthians day that day lol. good win alright we still have every team to play so a long way to go. If the lads can keep everyone fit and happy we will do alright, great league this year shoukld make for an excellent finish.

Nedge
02/03/2011, 7:27 PM
I dont know much about ballinhassig, however there results are very inconsistent. The battle between Collig and mallow should be interesting , i reckon mallow have it in them to avoid relegation. Relegation for a town the size of Ballincollig would be huge, were have all the players who had the in the senior league gone? retired or just moved on?

Clifford
02/03/2011, 10:47 PM
Ah well that's a week in my life Im not gonna get back. Bustin a nut since Mon to ensure we have a decent side to travel to CIT on Thursday night only to be informed by the league late this evening that for some reason (as yet unclear) it's been called off. Three lads were after ditching lectures to get back from Limerick and Waterford, another two of the lads are up in the Curragh and had switched shifts to get free as well as a few others. In my book this is scandalous and amatuerish in the extreme.

Thought there was a hard and fast rule about asking for games off two weeks before a fixture and if not then tough titty. Very very browned off about this. An absolute shambles of a league. How they expect to keep people interested and committed when they chop and change fixtures like this is anyones guess. I assume CIT will have a suitable explanation, but I've not heard it.

A joke, even the Red house league can give you a months worth of fixtures and stick to it. Why the hell can't we.

Rant over

Nedge
02/03/2011, 10:52 PM
I think CIT have pulled a fast one on ye here, Their college team is going strong in college cup and i know for a fact that they were down to play an AUL team tonight(wednesday) for a friendly. Surely they would not have organised a friendly if they had a league game the next night.

Clifford
02/03/2011, 10:53 PM
Regarding the 1st div promotion chase, Even after a tough defeat at the weekend i hope its Fermoys year. North cork club would be fresh in the Prem again after a few years out. Great facilities aswell. Long way to go yet including a difficult trip to leeds this weekend who themselves will be looking for some ''bouncebackability'' after a shocking result last time out. My final predication

1. Fermoy
2. Ringmahon
3. Corinthians
4. Leeds

How much you want to make that happen eh? I'll bung you two Clattenburgs and an Atkinson if you can pull that off. :-)

Clifford
02/03/2011, 10:55 PM
I think CIT have pulled a fast one on ye here, Their college team is going strong in college cup and i know for a fact that they were down to play an AUL team tonight(wednesday) for a friendly. Surely they would not have organised a friendly if they had a league game the next night.

To add even more insult to injury. That is an absoulte shocker if they have gotten away with this bluff. I think we'll just go up there and play with ourselves and score and lodge the result with the league, see how that goes down.

Sambles, smacks too much of the buggering around that went on with our fixtures at the end of last season.

Clifford
02/03/2011, 10:59 PM
a small bit hasty, think you were having an anti Corinthians day that day lol. good win alright we still have every team to play so a long way to go. If the lads can keep everyone fit and happy we will do alright, great league this year shoukld make for an excellent finish.

Crikey you lot are gonna have some congestion. It is great to be involved at this end of the season. At the end of it I know I'll have been proud of us and all the teams we come up against for keeping football as the winner. I've been delighted that most teams we've played have a keep it on the deck mentality. Cracking league indeed.

villaman10
03/03/2011, 11:55 AM
Ah well that's a week in my life Im not gonna get back. Bustin a nut since Mon to ensure we have a decent side to travel to CIT on Thursday night only to be informed by the league late this evening that for some reason (as yet unclear) it's been called off. Three lads were after ditching lectures to get back from Limerick and Waterford, another two of the lads are up in the Curragh and had switched shifts to get free as well as a few others. In my book this is scandalous and amatuerish in the extreme.

Thought there was a hard and fast rule about asking for games off two weeks before a fixture and if not then tough titty. Very very browned off about this. An absolute shambles of a league. How they expect to keep people interested and committed when they chop and change fixtures like this is anyones guess. I assume CIT will have a suitable explanation, but I've not heard it.

A joke, even the Red house league can give you a months worth of fixtures and stick to it. Why the hell can't we.

Rant over

at least it was only pop kelleher cup, bright side have good session training and less risk of injury for sunday morning, how ye fixed for leeds match, hard place to go but after last weeks results anything can happen!!

Sparky
03/03/2011, 12:13 PM

Rant over

Clifford totally agree, I have been harping on about this now awhile. Why on earth cant we get even 2 weeks in advance? It is crazy. I also believe that clubs would get far larger crowds at games if it happened. The reason I believe this is lets say Blarney are playing Mayfield Friday and Everton know they have Blarney next week then woundn't you think alot of Everton players/managment and followers would go and look at Blarney game to see what shape they are in. It also gives players a chance to get away if they have a week off. It is common sense and I think everything boils down to that. Anyway after my rant.........good luck Sunday.

Clifford
03/03/2011, 1:08 PM
at least it was only pop kelleher cup, bright side have good session training and less risk of injury for sunday morning, how ye fixed for leeds match, hard place to go but after last weeks results anything can happen!!

One or two that were missing last Sun will be back so not too bad on that front. Deffo a tough place to go, we'll give it a shot anyway and try to get the show back on the road after a tough few weeks of injuries and lads off to the states.

Looking forward to it now, but still ****ed off over that game being pulled. Went to so much bother to get a team sorted, what a waste of time. Pop Keller or not I give everything I can to all games.

Clifford
03/03/2011, 1:12 PM
Clifford totally agree, I have been harping on about this now awhile. Why on earth cant we get even 2 weeks in advance? It is crazy. I also believe that clubs would get far larger crowds at games if it happened. The reason I believe this is lets say Blarney are playing Mayfield Friday and Everton know they have Blarney next week then woundn't you think alot of Everton players/managment and followers would go and look at Blarney game to see what shape they are in. It also gives players a chance to get away if they have a week off. It is common sense and I think everything boils down to that. Anyway after my rant.........good luck Sunday.

Yeah, totally agree with the points made there. Very difficult to plan for anything really. Supporters, players, managers etc need a plan to work off. I realise it's difficult, but to set a precedent for CIT to pull out at 24 hours notice is dangerous.

I think I'll try it out in a week or two. pull out on a Sat for a Sun game agains College Cors or someone to see if this league has one rule for some and another rule for others.

BalagueFC
03/03/2011, 1:46 PM

It wasn't an anti Corinthians day, it was an anti complaining day. I had my wife in the ear the whole morning so i had already reached boiling point :-)

Clifford, that is a disgrace by the MSL But does it actually surprise anyone? You said a player of yours was sent off last weekend. Would he have been eligible for the Leeds game if the CIT game had gone ahead as planned?

Glenbuck
03/03/2011, 3:17 PM
Anything to do with Sigerson week in Dublin Clifford. Just a thought.

greengrass
04/03/2011, 9:41 AM

i tink we can keep dreaming if we expect the MSL to issue 2 week fixture lists
it sure would be nice though as per example above
scouting teams that you have coming up is benefical to everyone and there would be better attendance at games across the board
aaaaahh dreamland,,thinks are so nice there

Clifford
04/03/2011, 10:04 AM
Clifford, that is a disgrace by the MSL But does it actually surprise anyone? You said a player of yours was sent off last weekend. Would he have been eligible for the Leeds game if the CIT game had gone ahead as planned?

We are taking it as a walkover and hence the game stands as played so the lads suspension is over and they will be playing Sunday. We didn't do anything wrong here so we don't deserve to be punished. We were given a fixture and were all systems go to fulfill it. That in our book is what counts.

Reznik
04/03/2011, 1:28 PM
i tink we can keep dreaming if we expect the MSL to issue 2 week fixture lists
it sure would be nice though as per example above
scouting teams that you have coming up is benefical to everyone and there would be better attendance at games across the board
aaaaahh dreamland,,thinks are so nice there

I heard a while back that the FAI were planning to take over fixture arrangements for the MSL and LSL. Therefore a full list of fixtures for the whole season would be made in august. This was intended to ensure player availability for international amateur games/tournaments. Any game cancelled due to weather would be re-fixed and played within 72hrs on any available FIFA qualified all weather pitch. It would also stop fixture clogging at the latter stages of the season. Example. Corinthians in the 1st div have bearly kicked a ball and Cobh in the same league are relagated and are nearly finished.

villaman10
04/03/2011, 2:06 PM
. Any game cancelled due to weather would be re-fixed and played within 72hrs on any available FIFA qualified all weather pitch.

impossible, only fifa qualified pitches i know of are carrigaline ucc and mayfied, the weather we get all wknd games could be called of, what happens to home advantage!!! no go as far as i can see!!

clifford, would make sure that you're players suspensions are over, if ye win match with suspended players, ye will lose points and fined, happened to douglas in junior section last month, check the thread!! could be the difference between going up or not!! better safe than sorry!!!

greengrass
04/03/2011, 2:09 PM
I heard a while back that the FAI were planning to take over fixture arrangements for the MSL and LSL. Therefore a full list of fixtures for the whole season would be made in august. This was intended to ensure player availability for international amateur games/tournaments. Any game cancelled due to weather would be re-fixed and played within 72hrs on any available FIFA qualified all weather pitch. It would also stop fixture clogging at the latter stages of the season. Example. Corinthians in the 1st div have bearly kicked a ball and Cobh in the same league are relagated and are nearly finished.

seems crazy alright about cobh and corinthians
how far back did you here this reznik?
reliable source??

greengrass
04/03/2011, 2:11 PM
. Any game cancelled due to weather would be re-fixed and played within 72hrs on any available FIFA qualified all weather pitch.

impossible, only fifa qualified pitches i know of are carrigaline ucc and mayfied, the weather we get all wknd games could be called of, what happens to home advantage!!! no go as far as i can see!!

clifford, would make sure that you're players suspensions are over, if ye win match with suspended players, ye will lose points and fined, happened to douglas in junior section last month, check the thread!! could be the difference between going up or not!! better safe than sorry!!!

Blarney and Douglas aswell???

wesleyBHFC
04/03/2011, 3:48 PM

ya i heard CIT are being pulled out of the league and cup matches due to playing an unregistered player signed in january due to some paper work not being submitted!!! very amatuer on there part!!! Surely with a college team you should have 11 registered players to fill everygame!!! bad form there behalf!!! Bad luck for CLIFFORD

ball-hop
04/03/2011, 7:12 PM

Add in Douglas Hall and Blarney Utd.

Cliff - bit dodgy, suspended player question could bite back. It was a bit bad cancelling the match at such late notice, but try to cross-check your plan with someone.

BalagueFC
04/03/2011, 9:48 PM

I agree, i would get so called "MSL Approval" before playing any suspended players because of this situation.

Clifford
04/03/2011, 11:03 PM
Yeah lads, we never had any intention of disobeying the orders sent down from on high, I was still in a rage earlier. Stinks to high heaven, but thems the breaks eh.

As ever we'll roll up into the big smoke on Sun morning as a team and do our best with what we have available. Win, lose or draw we'll shake on it at the end and roll on to fight another day.

May all have a good weekend of footie.

mayfield utd
04/03/2011, 11:30 PM
blarnery 1 mayfield 0 another bad day at the office,blarnery were much the better team for most of the game they scored midway into the 1st half and hit the post once or twice,we hit the post late on but never looked like scoring besides that.

Glenbuck
05/03/2011, 12:06 AM
blarnery 1 mayfield 0 another bad day at the office,blarnery were much the better team for most of the game they scored midway into the 1st half and hit the post once or twice,we hit the post late on but never looked like scoring besides that.
Bit of a dog fight developing now at bottom of lge.

Gobias
05/03/2011, 11:27 AM
Bit of a dog fight developing now at bottom of lge.

Think Blarney are almost out of it now with the win over Mayfield. For me its between UCC and Mayfield to go down with Tramore, St.Marys are starting to pick up points so i think they will be alrite.

Massive week for UCC with them playing Everton and Rockmount

jacksparrow
05/03/2011, 11:52 AM
blarney were by far the better team last nite..played some outstanding football in the first half and could have been 3 up at the break..took their foot off the pedal in the second half but always looked dangerous wen in posession of the ball.there are alot of games left yet and is too hard to call who wil go with tramore.think its stil between 4 other teams

Gobias
05/03/2011, 11:55 AM
http://munsterseniorleague.ie/news_detail.php?news_id=127

I know this has been in for a while but it is ridiculous to be fining players for getting booked. Its an Ameteur game and players are already having to pay money week in week out for training, gear,refs, physio etc. I know most clubs are paying these fines for the players but the majority of clubs are struggling financialy aswell, just seems like a way for the MSL to get money for themselves.

Where does all the money from these fines go?,must be at the very least €100 a week.

I have no problem with a player being fined if he commits a serious offence but fineing a player for a yellow card is a joke, any player who tackles is going to mistime one now and again.

Was at the Blarney game last night and a player was harsly booked for kicking the ball away, should that really cost him or the club €5?

greengrass
05/03/2011, 12:59 PM
http://munsterseniorleague.ie/news_detail.php?news_id=127

I know this has been in for a while but it is ridiculous to be fining players for getting booked. Its an Ameteur game and players are already having to pay money week in week out for training, gear,refs, physio etc. I know most clubs are paying these fines for the players but the majority of clubs are struggling financialy aswell, just seems like a way for the MSL to get money for themselves.

Where does all the money from these fines go?,must be at the very least €100 a week.

I have no problem with a player being fined if he commits a serious offence but fineing a player for a yellow card is a joke, any player who tackles is going to mistime one now and again.

Was at the Blarney game last night and a player was harsly booked for kicking the ball away, should that really cost him or the club €5?

i think the refs are encouraged to book as many as possible to fill up the msl's coffers
i'v seen games where 8-9 people have been booked and not a bad challenge in sight

collcorforever
05/03/2011, 4:47 PM
corinthians beat ballincollig today, missed the game but what I heard ballincollig had someone sent off after 5 minutes and it was fairly harsh. Ballincollig missing a few again seems to be the story off their season.

ringmahon4ever
05/03/2011, 5:39 PM
went down to mallow today and came back with a 1-0 win.tough game..that mallow bunch and there supporters are an interesting bunch ha..need i say more

magpie
05/03/2011, 7:41 PM
i agree lads the standard of refs in the league is terrible, the inconsistency of all is unbelievable.The minute a bit of pressure is applied from the players,management or the support on the line they seem to lose control of the game.
The munster senior league are a well financed association between reg fees and sponsorship, the fact they fine all players €5 per yellow is a disgrace.

Were is all this money??