PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

j-burt
01/12/2010, 10:17 AM
I have to say, some of the administration work on the intermediate page baffles me. I play in the msl and I for one know when a few of the incidents (not necessarily the incident goggs reported on) have been true. Some issues that are not allowed to be discussed is a joke. This is a 'forum' i thought??? a place where issues of football and other matters of the senior leagues are discussed. Hiding behind the claim of an unsubstanciated allegation, I find quite petty. How can you substanciate a rumour that a person is said to be changing club for example, yet it would still get posted here without any evidence and free from reprimand. that player would still have to answer questions. Now the bad mouthing of a player on this page in terms of name calling etc I will agree should have consequence. But discussing the incidents in an orderly manner i think should be allowed! Bring back goggs!

Silly Billy G
01/12/2010, 12:38 PM
I have to say, some of the administration work on the intermediate page baffles me. I play in the msl and I for one know when a few of the incidents (not necessarily the incident goggs reported on) have been true. Some issues that are not allowed to be discussed is a joke. This is a 'forum' i thought??? a place where issues of football and other matters of the senior leagues are discussed. Hiding behind the claim of an unsubstanciated allegation, I find quite petty. How can you substanciate a rumour that a person is said to be changing club for example, yet it would still get posted here without any evidence and free from reprimand. that player would still have to answer questions. Now the bad mouthing of a player on this page in terms of name calling etc I will agree should have consequence. But discussing the incidents in an orderly manner i think should be allowed! Bring back goggs!

To be fair to Razor if there is a court case involved (which there is talk of) then prob best to leave chat about situation off the web page hes involved in moderating. If something goes to court its a bit different to a fella moving clubs

AvondaleNutter
01/12/2010, 12:47 PM
To be fair to Razor if there is a court case involved (which there is talk of) then prob best to leave chat about situation off the web page hes involved in moderating. If something goes to court its a bit different to a fella moving clubs

I agree with Silly Billy G here, A person being named for violence is a lot more severe than a someone mentioning that theres a player moving clubs. After all a player moving clubs is part and parcel of football whilst violence has no part to play in any sport.

ringmahon4ever
01/12/2010, 3:32 PM
but if something happens in a msl we can all have an opinion on it..thats the whole point of a forum i taught.in that case so we cant mention names or clubs..there was people mouthing off bout my own club in the past and not one comment was deleted..it seems were only allowed to pick and choose on who and wat we can talk about

j-burt
01/12/2010, 3:35 PM
I cant disagree with ye there lads, I didn't see goggs comment so i can't say what i thought of it, i assumed it was covering the sendings off in the blarney, rockmount game? is this not the senior forum...I think its referring to a seperate event involving blarney aswell which I assume everyone in the local soccer circle has heard about with maybe arms and legs added on. I was making a generalisation on matters as I seen the posts up by other members on how things are governed. My example was simplified just to get my point across. Another example is the howie incident, (oh, should I have mentioned this alleged incident?) No court case involved, nobody hurt, general gossip, its not as if these things dont happen either in football. granted there is no place for it, but how will it ever be stomped out if people dont speak up. I personally feel that razor doesn't do a bad job as a whole, he's decent for posting valued comments on games etc which is the bulk of comments on this forum, I just feel that the forum should lay down a strict set of rules that apply to the intermediate forum and maybe have two or three administrators. It will allow for certain forms of football gossip that isn't biased. I think one person should not have the power to down an opinion if he doesn't feel it worthy or if he just doesn't like it. To be honest, i wouldn't be surprised if my post of constructive criticism gets deleted.

ringmahon4ever
01/12/2010, 4:32 PM
I cant disagree with ye there lads, I didn't see goggs comment so i can't say what i thought of it, i assumed it was covering the sendings off in the blarney, rockmount game? is this not the senior forum...I think its referring to a seperate event involving blarney aswell which I assume everyone in the local soccer circle has heard about with maybe arms and legs added on. I was making a generalisation on matters as I seen the posts up by other members on how things are governed. My example was simplified just to get my point across. Another example is the howie incident, (oh, should I have mentioned this alleged incident?) No court case involved, nobody hurt, general gossip, its not as if these things dont happen either in football. granted there is no place for it, but how will it ever be stomped out if people dont speak up. I personally feel that razor doesn't do a bad job as a whole, he's decent for posting valued comments on games etc which is the bulk of comments on this forum, I just feel that the forum should lay down a strict set of rules that apply to the intermediate forum and maybe have two or three administrators. It will allow for certain forms of football gossip that isn't biased. I think one person should not have the power to down an opinion if he doesn't feel it worthy or if he just doesn't like it. To be honest, i wouldn't be surprised if my post of constructive criticism gets deleted.
delete delete delete delete ha ha

Sparky
01/12/2010, 4:33 PM
Like the Incident in Donegal and the Blarney incident, lets just get over them now. I love football so lets talk about it and leave any more gossip to the ladies. I am all for having an opinion but at this stage lets move on and also give Goggs another chance. Ye think games will go ahead at the weekend? I would be very suprised to be honest. The weather isnt meant to break until Tuesday next.

Reznik
01/12/2010, 6:16 PM
Like the Incident in Donegal and the Blarney incident, lets just get over them now. I love football so lets talk about it and leave any more gossip to the ladies. I am all for having an opinion but at this stage lets move on and also give Goggs another chance. Ye think games will go ahead at the weekend? I would be very suprised to be honest. The weather isnt meant to break until Tuesday next.

Cant see much activity going ahead either this weekend! There is a lot of teams due to travel to cork this weekend but with the dangerous roads and frozen pitches they should probably be told days in advance! I dont think any team would appreciate a 3hr journey to find out the game is off on arrival.

razor
01/12/2010, 9:13 PM
Nearly brought a tear to my own eye lads :D
There are already rules (http://foot.ie/faq.php) in posting on this forum and the thing with any of these incidents or payments to players or anything else is the fact that you need proof.
see here (http://foot.ie/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_rumours)
I was offline when Goggs posted his "rumour" so dahamsta dealt with it.
He'll be back next week after a weeks suspension.

ball-hop
01/12/2010, 9:25 PM
Cant see much activity going ahead either this weekend! There is a lot of teams due to travel to cork this weekend but with the dangerous roads and frozen pitches they should probably be told days in advance! I dont think any team would appreciate a 3hr journey to find out the game is off on arrival.

In fairness, I expect that all Cork teams who are hosting visitors this weekend will do the right thing. I would expect regular communications between the clubs in the lead up to the matches and if there is an expectation that pitches will not be playable, the Cork clubs will take the necessary, and correct steps.

Carpet
02/12/2010, 2:11 AM
Players being payed razor????????????????
You've just opened a brand new can of words,explain with examples plz

razor
02/12/2010, 8:03 AM
Players being payed razor????????????????
You've just opened a brand new can of words,explain with examples plzAllegedly Carpet, don't forget the word allegedly. :D

and it its a can of words you're after you can buy my book.

j-burt
02/12/2010, 9:27 AM
There are already rules (http://foot.ie/faq.php) in posting on this forum and the thing with any of these incidents or payments to players or anything else is the fact that you need proof.
see here (http://foot.ie/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_rumours)

Point proven Razor, I apologise.

As for games going ahead this weekend, I doubt it very much....

p.s. On the matter of paying players in the msl, I think its the beauty of the denial on behalf of the clubs which makes this more intriguing. Its fascinating to see a club representative deny all allegations when he knows full well the whole of cork knows the rumours. Too small a place. Not to say I have any problem with it, if a club had the money, by all means use it to your advantage to win things. Travel expenses I would feel do not count in this, just covers the cost some players have to fork out to play at a decent club.

Clifford
02/12/2010, 4:04 PM
All Munster Senior League Games OFF
Posted: 2010-12-02 16:10:17

All League games scheduled for this weekend are CANCELLED due to the adverse weather.

ALL Fixtures in the Intermediete Cup scheduled for this weekend have also been cancelled.These Matches are re-scheduled for week ending 12th December with replays if needed scheduled for week ending 19th December

ringmahon4ever
02/12/2010, 4:21 PM
All Munster Senior League Games OFF
Posted: 2010-12-02 16:10:1

All League games scheduled for this weekend are CANCELLED due to the adverse weather.

ALL Fixtures in the Intermediete Cup scheduled for this weekend have also been cancelled.These Matches are re-scheduled for week ending 12th December with replays if needed scheduled for week ending 19th December
we will never get to play ye lol

wesleyBHFC
02/12/2010, 7:16 PM
good decision to cancel all games!! player safety comes first especially for travelling teams in these terrible conditions for football!!

Sparky
03/12/2010, 8:46 AM
All MSL Games scheduled for this weekend are cancelled including FAI
Intermediate Cup games. Only Fixture left still on is Munster Senior Cup
3rd Rnd, Leeds v Carrick Utd, scheduled for Sunday at 2pn in Leeds Park.
FAI Intermediate Cup games are rescheduled for next weekend 11/12th
December.

Regards

John FinneganThursday December 02, 2010 20:42

Billynomates
06/12/2010, 11:28 AM
Any transfer rumours doing the rounds? Thats if we are allowed speculate

Reznik
06/12/2010, 5:30 PM
Any transfer rumours doing the rounds? Thats if we are allowed speculate

I heard Chris Hughton is gettin the Garryduff job!:rolleyes:

AvondaleNutter
07/12/2010, 11:21 PM
Anyone know anything about this new magazine Back of the Net? Seen a poster for it saying its coming out in December

http://www.munsterseniorleague.ie/news_detail.php?news_id=84

j-burt
09/12/2010, 9:38 AM
Anyone rumours that a few of the rockmount players might leave in the transfer window, things not going as well as usual up there, maybe a few trophy followers might get their noses up and move on???

Bufc2010
10/12/2010, 4:01 PM
Donie Forde Cup Final
Blarney vs St.Marys
Cancelled

Clifford
10/12/2010, 7:17 PM
we will never get to play ye lol

I know, looks like the whole thing will never happen. Yee no game this weekend? Are yee going for one on the following week? We're not so hope to God this weekend goes ahead. Such a buzz being involved and then such a pain with games being culled all over the shop.

ball-hop
10/12/2010, 9:48 PM
Think we should all be in good shape for this weekend, Cliff.
The thaw should make pitches playable for both Saturday and Sunday

skinny11
10/12/2010, 11:11 PM
kevin mulcahy and declan o connell appeal against there 5 week ban has been successful kevin got 1 game which he has already served and declan got 2 games and has already served 1 so he will miss there intermediate cup game against rathcoole boys on sunday . i think justice was done

ball-hop
11/12/2010, 11:05 AM
kevin mulcahy and declan o connell appeal against there 5 week ban has been successful kevin got 1 game which he has already served and declan got 2 games and has already served 1 so he will miss there intermediate cup game against rathcoole boys on sunday . i think justice was done
If this is confirmed, then truly justice has been done. The initial penalty was excessive, and the message should now be out loud and clear to clubs regarding representation.
Good that this saga is now over and doe with.

wesleyBHFC
11/12/2010, 3:00 PM
ne transfer news and updates??

skinny11
11/12/2010, 4:46 PM
watched our old buddy norman pratts team play passage today and 1 of the garryduff players was sent off for striking his own player cominical but the funniest thing was the polish lad up front got pushed and dived tot the ground like he had been hit by a lorry so funny

Clifford
12/12/2010, 1:10 PM
Fermoy 2-1 Casement

Cracking game at Carrig Park this morning. Casement play a lovely brand of football and started well. We got to grips with them after 10 mins and dominated for a while, 10 from half time a great ball set the left winger in for Casement and he finished superbly.

One down at half time the home side got back into it after ten mins when Kurt Wheeler spanked one in from 25 yards, unstoppable. Then a Casement player threw a punch at our CB. He had to go, that gave us the imputus and how we didn't score I'll never know. With the 90 gone another Casement player lost the rag and called Buttimer a "w****r" to his face. Had to go. Shame the Casement players had no discipline from their own point of view.

With 92 gone a melee in the box fell to Leon Roche who swivelled and buried the winner. Fantastic stuff and Chrimbo comes with a great buzz. No games now for us for 3 weeks so delighted to go into it with a win.

Reznik
14/12/2010, 3:56 PM
Where-Oh...Where-Oh...Where is Goggin? Where could goggin be?

ringmahon4ever
14/12/2010, 7:26 PM
Where-Oh...Where-Oh...Where is Goggin? Where could goggin be?

he stil in detention ha ha

Goggs
14/12/2010, 10:24 PM
Ive been to hell and back during my explosion.On behalf of myself and my family I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all my friends and foes on this forum for the overwhelming support showen to me during those dark dark days.I wont lie to you.I thought of leaving it all behind and for 16 days and 16 nights the laptop remained hidden in a darken office unused unloved untouched.I thought i could carry on regardless but their was a bigger force pulling me back a force bigger than you or I the force of the MSL,my language of love.When the 16 days alapsed Mrs Goggs found me sitting alone in my room wearing my 1998 MSL kit just stroking a football,she looked deep into my eyes and said its time.Go back to your forum they need you.You need them

wesleyBHFC
14/12/2010, 10:37 PM
welcome back goggs!!

Sparky
14/12/2010, 10:58 PM
welcome back ya big softie and stop spreading rumours :-) ha ha. Best of luck to you and Mrs Goggs for x-mas. Let the games commence!!!

Billynomates
15/12/2010, 7:28 AM
Ive been to hell and back during my explosion.On behalf of myself and my family I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all my friends and foes on this forum for the overwhelming support showen to me during those dark dark days.I wont lie to you.I thought of leaving it all behind and for 16 days and 16 nights the laptop remained hidden in a darken office unused unloved untouched.I thought i could carry on regardless but their was a bigger force pulling me back a force bigger than you or I the force of the MSL,my language of love.When the 16 days alapsed Mrs Goggs found me sitting alone in my room wearing my 1998 MSL kit just stroking a football,she looked deep into my eyes and said its time.Go back to your forum they need you.You need them

Brilliant!!

Reznik
15/12/2010, 12:12 PM

Welcome Home Goggs! Its been too long! You havent missed too much! Now let the posting begin...

wesleyBHFC
15/12/2010, 4:04 PM
rockmounts game switched to rockmount park. UCC will find it tough up there!!

Goggs
15/12/2010, 5:08 PM
Season review so far.
Douglas Hall: The barcelona of the msl its not a question of them winning the league its by how much.

Everton :Brought in a classy coach last season to teach these boys football,they rejected it like a bad vaccine,their back to the long ball game and florishing under new management.

Avondale Dissapointing start but still a good outside bet for the intermediate cup.

Blarney :Steadied the ship well after a dreadfull start.

Midleton : Have raised a few eyebrows this season still an unknown quantity.

Mayfield :Solid outfit dont quiet have the quaility to push for honours.

Rockmount :A shadow of their former selfs a change is needed.

Ucc :A marque manager operating in unchartered waters finding life very difficult with out the cream of the msl around him.

Tramore :Still playing with gutts and determination but this is only prolonging the pain.

St Marys :Somethings rotten in Denmark.

Clifford
15/12/2010, 5:23 PM
WeLcome back Goggs. Super funny return post and followed up with a beaut as well. Awaiting first div review as well now bud....

I apologise we only won 2-1 in both our games since you left and I know that's not attacking enough for ya, but by eck we are trying, averaging about 15 chances a game.

Goggs
15/12/2010, 5:24 PM
Ringmahon:Experienced manager with a good spirited side.

Fermoy :The sleeping giant of the lower divisions,something tells me this giant has insomnia.

Corinthins:Far too pretty for this division have got to roll up the sleves when push comes to shove and realise theirs no medals given out on the catwalk.

Castleview:A tough nut to craic with their no nonsense approach.

Casement Discipline discipline discipline. A good side waiting to break out but cant decide do they want to play or fight.

Ballinhassig:Been a big dissapointment since their promotion last season.

Ballincollige:Finally showing a bit of fight after a turbulent year.

Mallow :Traditionally slow starters need to start sooner rather than later if the white fox is to save them this season.

Cobh :A big club in big trouble lost all their players last season after the committee parted ways with the manager.

Reznik
15/12/2010, 5:39 PM
Season review so far.

Great review Goggs but im still not 100% convinced with Douglas Hall. Yes i know they remain unbeaten and are still in the Intermediate Cup but i would like to see how they would respond to a couple of bad results! That will really test the character of the side! Ball-hop must be on cloud 9 but i would love to know how the players are coping with all the hype and expectations.

skinny11
15/12/2010, 6:46 PM
Ball-hop must be on cloud 9 but i would love to know how the players are coping with all the hype and expectations.[/QUOTE]

but what pressure is on the hall they have nothing lose its rockmount who have everything to lose

Reznik
15/12/2010, 8:10 PM
but what pressure is on the hall they have nothing lose its rockmount who have everything to lose

Yes but Hall have beaten da mount twice this season and when you beat the best, You become the best! Therefore hall are now the team to beat! Early pace setters and League leaders! Come feb and march they will certainly be feeling the heat!

Goggs
15/12/2010, 9:17 PM
Good to see it clifford I think ye have a very similar team as Midleton in terms of club structure and attitude your hardest job will be trying to hold onto Kurt and that excellent ball winning center half if you manage that the future looks bright but that league can be unforgiving at times everygame is a battle keep them ticking over at xmass

Goggs
15/12/2010, 9:23 PM
Good point Reznik but thats the job of the management to keep them focused and keep their mind firmly on the job and you have to agree they have a very expeirence management to do just that.

skinny11
15/12/2010, 10:12 PM
yeah but your not the best till you can beat them in the league and take their crown and having 3 ex league of ireland players . i think they will keep them focused , be nice to see somebody else win it

Reznik
15/12/2010, 10:22 PM
Good point Reznik but thats the job of the management to keep them focused and keep their mind firmly on the job and you have to agree they have a very expeirence management to do just that.

Admittelly this is not new territory for the hall! They have been knocking on the door now a couple of years so maybe its there turn! I dont think we have seen the last of Rockmount yet though! The wounded beast could be released after xmas and they will be back to getting horrible 1-0 and 2-1 victories. What an interesting season so far though. At least 1 or 2 shock results week in week out! The mount n dale have been beaten 5 times between them in the league and they havent locked horns yet! Makes for an exciting new year!

ringmahon4ever
15/12/2010, 11:24 PM
cheers goggs for that..stil reckon the 1st division is wide open.we all gotta play each other.be an interesting new year..bring it on :)

ballsac7
15/12/2010, 11:34 PM

Banning you off the site was harsh enough but blowing you up as well! Jesus thats a bit much!Welcome back though, you've livened the forum up already :)

wesleyBHFC
16/12/2010, 12:24 AM
i have ta agree with skinny11 on de douglas hall debate. reznik your points are vaild about hall being de leaders but hall have nothing to lose and until they win something major ie de senior league or intermediate cup then i believe dey can be called de best!!