PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

skinny11
01/08/2010, 4:13 PM
player will be happy once winning if not its a tough job for biscuits and longy to keep them happy suppose they only really lacked a striker last yr and warren and varian could fix that for them

skinny11
01/08/2010, 4:15 PM
Alright lads, I've been out of the country for a few years but back in Cork now so looking to keep up-to-date on the latest goings-on in the MSL.

Have there been many pre-season friendlies so far? In the 1st division thread I noticed that Midleton beat Fermoy. Have Midleton added to their squad after going up? Surely Friday night football would've swayed a few at least!

the only players i have heard that have joined midelton are willie byrnes rockmount and knowlsey from avondale

Carpet
09/08/2010, 12:56 AM
good to have another season getting started soon,hoping rockmount get challenged this year because last year was very boring they were in total control.think the 'hall will be alot better but what about the other top teams avondale,blarney etc

douglas local
09/08/2010, 8:18 PM
was in douglas yesterday met a few of the hall players seems that craig duggan gone to everton and still no new players signed as yet so a lot of work still to be done by new management

Billynomates
11/08/2010, 9:43 AM
thomas hughes avondale and giddy from blarney formerly lakewood both sign for rockmount

Add Brendan O Connell from Avondale to that list. How many keepers do they have now?

skinny11
11/08/2010, 10:32 PM
they have 3 keepers brendan philpott and donnacha .. dont think craig duggan would have got a game for the hall to be honest from what ive seen looks like a average player .. avondale will be lucky if there not relegated so far brendan locky knowlsey mark sullivan mikey o shea thomas hughes hartigan thats a lot of players gone and i was told earlier ken murphy signed for tramore

AvondaleNutter
12/08/2010, 8:12 AM
they have 3 keepers brendan philpott and donnacha .. dont think craig duggan would have got a game for the hall to be honest from what ive seen looks like a average player .. avondale will be lucky if there not relegated so far brendan locky knowlsey mark sullivan mikey o shea thomas hughes hartigan thats a lot of players gone and i was told earlier ken murphy signed for tramore

It's certainly not looking good for Avondale. This guy John O'Rourke doesn't seem to be attracting many players to the club and most importantly he's failing to hang on to the players that were already there.

The players i hear that are staying are spratty, hoggy, michael kiernan, mucky, hugh & beezer but that could all change. Will keep ye posted on any developments that i hear.

razor
13/08/2010, 2:06 PM
It's certainly not looking good for Avondale. This guy John O'Rourke doesn't seem to be attracting many players to the club and most importantly he's failing to hang on to the players that were already there.Looks like it, beaten 1-0 by Fermoy last night out in Ballincollig.

AvondaleNutter
13/08/2010, 2:42 PM
Looks like it, beaten 1-0 by Fermoy last night out in Ballincollig.

Were you at the game razor?

Also is it just my browser or are the Google Ads blocking some of the posts?

Southsider
13/08/2010, 8:17 PM
The gap is only gonna widing even more in the premier. Hall and Blarney wont trouble Rockmount it seems everyone else is going to be playing for 2nd.
We beat Midleton last night in there pre season tournament. 1 down at half time,we showed great character and didnt stop playing for the 90 mins scoring 3 goals in the 2nd half. Roll on the final sunday against Leeds.....

Corinthionie
15/08/2010, 8:11 AM
The gap is only gonna widing even more in the premier. Hall and Blarney wont trouble Rockmount it seems everyone else is going to be playing for 2nd.
We beat Midleton last night in there pre season tournament. 1 down at half time,we showed great character and didnt stop playing for the 90 mins scoring 3 goals in the 2nd half. Roll on the final sunday against Leeds.....

From what i hear the Hall haven't really added that much. Varian has signed and is due back from holidays soon and Dave Warren was training. They beat us 2 zip last weekend and looked good. You would feel a few new faces are needed up there to mount a challenge (pardon the pun).

Looking forward to a good season from our lads as well this year. Lots of new faces, some of whom played all the way up through the schoolboy sections with Corinthians and have come back. Best of luck to Paddy and his management team as well as the players. lets hope we are only a season away from being back where we belong, in the Premier division!!!

skinny11
15/08/2010, 10:24 PM
to be honest i heard duggan left the hall as he knew he would get a game and didnt the hall beat corinthians 3 nil...:-) well to be honest all the hall were short year was a solid goalkeeper and a striker they have signed daniel o leary back and varian so that should do nicely for em i know dave warren has signed for mayfield

ball-hop
16/08/2010, 9:19 AM
The new facilities in Everton Park are being officially opened by John Delaney today. It is a credit to everyone involved and is truely is top class.

Congratulations to Everton and everyone involved in their pitch re-development. Great to see clubs taking the time and making the effort to upgrade facilities.

Billynomates
16/08/2010, 12:50 PM
Id say coritnihans will be the team to beat next year. They will be there or there abouts. Have tramore signed anyone new this year? They will struggle in the premier if they dont add a bit of quality to the team.

skinny11
16/08/2010, 5:23 PM
to be honest didnt have any quality to honest with just happens to help when ur playing on such a bad pitch that ur used to and im only jokin evertonian congrats witht the new set up looking forward to seen it

Corinthionie
17/08/2010, 12:19 PM
I believe ye signed a few junior players and a few players who played second division senior with crosshaven last year. Corinthians will struggled to get out of that league with those average players.

Tramore or back in the big time!!

Tramore had a great season last year and I hope they do well this season, although the step up will be difficult without significant signings. I hear Ken Murphy may be back so he will be a good addition.

As for Corinthians signing "junior" and "second division" players i think your a little bit misguided there. Beezer has just signed from Crosshaven and is a player most senior league premier teams would love to have. Already having won the league title with Corinthians under Fergus McDaid, not really a "second division" plyer as you so elequently put it. Corinthians have also signed players who played with the Douglas Hall junior team team who have been pretty dominant over the last few years. I think any serious MSL supporter will agree with me that most of the players from that squad will have no problem playing senior. Richie Cronin, College Corinthian senior player of the year under Pat Maher, Kevin Madden winner of at least 2 MSL titles with CCAFC probably with an excess of 50 senior goals to his credit. Ricky O sullivan, consistantly one of the top junior players over the last 3 seasons...........need i go on! To say CCAFC will struggle is a bit strong.

By the way cheers Billynomates for an un biaised appraisal.

skinny11
17/08/2010, 9:48 PM
i seen the corinthians game against the hall , i know they lost 3 nil they looked well organized and much better than last year and they also had beezer and coakley ufront who with a bit of time could do well with ken murphy i think its a step backwards i know its his home club but he could of had his pick from anyone and got a game hall blarney rockmount

Southsider
17/08/2010, 9:59 PM
Marky Sull played with Passage tonight he'll be signed by the weekend. Good side drew 3-3 with us tonight. I think they will win the 2nd division at there ease. James o leary back playin aswell.

Carpet
18/08/2010, 1:15 AM
I'm happy to see a player playing for his home club, sick of players moving teams non stop with no loyalty its been crazy over the last few years. its true he could play for a better team hes pretty good but fair play to him

ballsac7
18/08/2010, 8:49 AM
The amount of mercenary players out there currently is frightening. Players shaft there hometown clubs and head off to play for the likes of Rockmount/Corinthians/Douglas for a year and then expect to walk back into their home club when it suits. This has certainly come home to roost with Avondale at the moment.
What annoys me is that players have absolutley no regard for the people who line the pitch, find sponsors, get the gas for the showers etc etc they just swan off without considering the damage they leave behind.
:mad:

collcorforever
18/08/2010, 2:13 PM
Corinthians did sign Beezer last night but it looked for a long time he was signing for Douglas Hall, he was a great player for us before so hopefully he will be again. Alot of our new signings have all played with Corinthians under age and its great to have them back as we put alot of effort into our under age section, looking forward to the new season and best of luck to Paddy and the lads above.

skinny11
18/08/2010, 5:24 PM
but what wrong with a player trying to better himself you dont know the in s and outs of some clubs some players with clubs out drinking night before games , not turning up for training and the panel is so small u cant drop em why should a player who is good enough have to stay with his home town club when thats happening

Corinthionie
19/08/2010, 7:03 AM
I believe there is a First Division page for the likes of Corinthains to talk in. This page is for the big clubs in the Premier Division.

Very mature........and i think you will find this is a "munster senior league" forum. I wish all the proper Tramore footballing people all the best for the coming season!

Corinthionie
19/08/2010, 7:18 AM
The amount of mercenary players out there currently is frightening. Players shaft there hometown clubs and head off to play for the likes of Rockmount/Corinthians/Douglas for a year and then expect to walk back into their home club when it suits. This has certainly come home to roost with Avondale at the moment.
What annoys me is that players have absolutley no regard for the people who line the pitch, find sponsors, get the gas for the showers etc etc they just swan off without considering the damage they leave behind.
:mad:

but what wrong with a player trying to better himself you dont know the in s and outs of some clubs some players with clubs out drinking night before games , not turning up for training and the panel is so small u cant drop em why should a player who is good enough have to stay with his home town club when thats happening

Both arguments are true and i agree with both in different ways. I think players should want to play at the best level and sometimes for whatever reason their home club doesnt offer that opportunity. There is a lot goes into running a club but that doesnt always show on the pitch, in every team in the club.
I dont agree with every decent player in the league playing for Rockmount/Avondale/Blarney etc but a lot of that is down to the managers of those clubs trying to ringfence players. Every year we see the same movie players signing for "Big" teams, not getting a sniff and looking elsewhere before the transfer window shuts.

I am a believer however in players giving their home club a chance to rebuild. A lot of the guys on our squad this year were trained for many years up through the schoolboy section and i have to commend these guys for buying into the plan that paddy and his management team have for rebuilding the senior team. these guys have shown by signing that they are not afraid to give something back to those who looked after them for so many years. Its really good to see. Hopefully it will be a good reunion!!!

ballsac7
19/08/2010, 7:51 AM

Yes some good points there skinny especially about the lack of commitment for training but if you leave can you expect to walk back to your old club? Why not stay and try and change this culture if it is happening. Looking at the post above regarding Passage, how many times has Marky Sull & James O'Leary let there home club Passage down? Should Passage welcome them back or brace themselves for the next time the two decide Passage aren't good enough..

Footballer
19/08/2010, 11:26 AM
Great point ballsac. All of these players walk out of their club when the going gets tough and then expect to just come back in when they feel it is right and be welcomed back as heroes and saviours. You can see it happening in clubs like passage and corinthians. Why did they leave in the first place if they cared so much? At the end of the day it is amateur football as well so i don't see it as a major issue.

There are both good & bad examples of players leaving. Some right, & some wrong.

Some right: Ray Leahy: Played with Everton for over 10 years. Was disgracefully treated so left & decided to join Rockmount. He has great season for a fella an Everton manager wouldn't if put on your form of 23 players. Everton didn't do much for him there so he away & won a league.

Some wrong: There's quite a few but don't want to name em to be honest.

Yes the club can go through tough times & you do need your players to stick together. You won't keep every player but when something bad happens everyone including the players & the clubs should look at themselves 1st. Stop blaming the teams who are the better ones at this time. The circle will come around. Every decade there are different teams who dominate. College Corinthians, Everton, Tramore, Ringmahon, Midelton, Avondale, Rockmount. These are just some teams in the past who have dominated for a few years. Even then players used move around a bit. . Get your club in order & push back to the top.

P.S Great new facilities above!!

collcorforever
19/08/2010, 2:22 PM
Great point ballsac. All of these players walk out of their club when the going gets tough and then expect to just come back in when they feel it is right and be welcomed back as heroes and saviours. You can see it happening in clubs like passage and corinthians. Why did they leave in the first place if they cared so much? At the end of the day it is amateur football as well so i don't see it as a major issue.

When did any Corinthians player leave on his own back and come back??? We lost a few lads a few years back due to a new manager coming in, the manager did not fancy these players so they had to move on. dont think you could label us in the same category as Passage!!! was it not last year that Everton signed alot of new players which forced good club men to leave????

AvondaleNutter
21/08/2010, 9:26 AM
Keane Cup Result

Midleton 1 Avondale 1

Blarney 0 Rockmount 2

Youghal 1 Fermoy 1

ball-hop
21/08/2010, 3:49 PM
Douglas Hall 6 Passage 0
Mark Murphy 3, Graham McCarthy, Kev, Deccie

collcorforever
22/08/2010, 4:43 PM
Corinthians 2 Temple 1
steve Barry with 2 and I think Steve Yelverton for Temple.

Corinthionie
23/08/2010, 7:18 AM
i think this is a different issue though. The guys from CCAFC i am talking about didnt go chasing intermediate cups or Senior league titles. Most just went their seperate ways afetr schoolboys finished. Some were successful at junior level granted but they are by no means mercenaries.
Anyway i think we feel the same about the issue. Hopefully this will be a good season.
Was speaking to Chris Byrne at the weekend and he said the mood is very good up in Everton and that the new facilities are great.
Best of luck for the season.
My predictions are Rokmount(boring I know), Hall runners up. First Division will be very competitive Ringmahon, Wanderers, Leeds(good young players),Castleview and Corinthinans all im with a shout. If passage can keep a squad they should come back up.

I reckon Tramore will struggle if they dont sign and may drop back down(Ken Murphy sayin with Dale i hear). Middleton need to sign as well to stay up.
First Division again is anyones guess, i think Ballinciollig could (like we nearly did) freefall and could be in danger

Billynomates
23/08/2010, 7:27 AM
I would agree totally with corinthionie predictions. Cant see anyone stopping rockmount. Hopefully the hall will give them a good run for their money. Very hard to call the first divison.

AvondaleNutter
23/08/2010, 12:59 PM
i think this is a different issue though. The guys from CCAFC i am talking about didnt go chasing intermediate cups or Senior league titles. Most just went their seperate ways afetr schoolboys finished. Some were successful at junior level granted but they are by no means mercenaries.
Anyway i think we feel the same about the issue. Hopefully this will be a good season.
Was speaking to Chris Byrne at the weekend and he said the mood is very good up in Everton and that the new facilities are great.
Best of luck for the season.
My predictions are Rokmount(boring I know), Hall runners up. First Division will be very competitive Ringmahon, Wanderers, Leeds(good young players),Castleview and Corinthinans all im with a shout. If passage can keep a squad they should come back up.

I reckon Tramore will struggle if they dont sign and may drop back down(Ken Murphy sayin with Dale i hear). Middleton need to sign as well to stay up.
First Division again is anyones guess, i think Ballinciollig could (like we nearly did) freefall and could be in danger

Ken Murphy is staying with Avondale but he is moving to spain soon so he won't be with them for a large part of the season.

Don't think Avondale will trouble anyone this year but they do have the likes of Mucky, Spratty, Mark Horgan and i hear Marky sull is on the way back too so they should hopefully hold their own in the division. John O'Rourke has brought a few with him from Cobh but i haven't seen Avondale this year to comment on them.

I hear Micheal Kiernan is gone to Carrigaline, shock to see him move down two divisions. Not sure how true this is.

ball-hop
23/08/2010, 1:54 PM
Don't think Avondale will trouble anyone this year but they do have the likes of Mucky, Spratty, Mark Horgan and i hear Marky sull is on the way back too so they should hopefully hold their own in the division. John O'Rourke has brought a few with him from Cobh but i haven't seen Avondale this year to comment on them.

I hear Micheal Kiernan is gone to Carrigaline, shock to see him move down two divisions. Not sure how true this is.

Mark played for Passage against the 'Hall on Saturday...... Think this might affect his status - he played with Cork City since the end of last season

skinny11
23/08/2010, 5:31 PM
if marky isnt stopped by the fai or msl with the stupid 2 team rule then he will be signing with the hall. avondale will take a while to build back up .willie byrens hasn t joined midelton i have been told he will be back with rockmount in october and ian"chubbs" stapelton was with midelton and cobh wanders but the rumours are he is joining avondale why i dont know

Duster Bouglas
25/08/2010, 12:37 PM
Sorry guys I know this isn't right forum, but in the 2nd Division Pat Downey has resigned as Garryduff manager due to the lack of players. They could only get 5 players out training last week.

Billynomates
25/08/2010, 2:25 PM
im delighted. That club has broken numerous rules last season that we know of and seemed to get away with it.

overthehill
25/08/2010, 9:00 PM
What is happening at Avondale lads, looks like they are losing more than players. Avondale stalwart Adrian Ryan is now gone too. Having been on the commitee and supplied the gear to the club for years they gave the order to the new Manager! No surprise for him to be disgusted and walk. Ive seen clubs alienate long time loyal members before and start a slide which is hard to come back from. Lots of good players gone too, could be a tough season.

ringmahon4ever
26/08/2010, 8:09 PM
ringmahon beat lakwood tonight 8-1 in keane cup.could of been double that .were missing 5 players in all.lakewood didnt even resemble a soccer team.shocking is putting it lightly

ringmahon4ever
26/08/2010, 8:13 PM
What is happening at Avondale lads, looks like they are losing more than players. Avondale stalwart Adrian Ryan is now gone too. Having been on the commitee and supplied the gear to the club for years they gave the order to the new Manager! No surprise for him to be disgusted and walk. Ive seen clubs alienate long time loyal members before and start a slide which is hard to come back from. Lots of good players gone too, could be a tough season.

thats wat happens when you try and buy the league and bring in every tom dick and harry..gonna upset the people that are there from day one.

ball-hop
26/08/2010, 8:41 PM
'Hall 1 (Mark Murphy) Tramore Ath. 0

Clifford
26/08/2010, 10:13 PM
Keane Cup
Another draw for the Blues. Battered the Wanderers, but we couldn't nail a second so no one to blame but ourselves. Kaylan Kelly for Fermoy in the first half. One mistake in the sec half left them in. Fermoy missed a pen, had two nailed on pens ignored and wasted loads of chances.

Roll on the league.

skinny11
26/08/2010, 10:29 PM
went to watch the hall and tramore game dunno if you were there ball hop but what i saw was a disgrace tramore didnt have the slightest intention of playing ball every time the hall got near the box they were just kicked and tripped and then a hall player made a challenge a yellow if it even deserved but no larry buckley shows a red card hall player sent off in 35th minute or so and all tramore could do in 90 minutes was 1 shot on target. derek varian ian cullinane and strachan came on as sub s not a bad bench to have hall dominated from start to finish , anybody know how avondale marys etc got on

Carpet
27/08/2010, 4:32 AM

I can see the same happening with other clubs most notably Blarney,they seem to have had a massive turnover of players in the last couple of years,cant be good for the future or spirit of a club.

razor
27/08/2010, 9:11 AM
anybody know how avondale marys etc got onAvondale 0-1 Corinthians, Dale missed a pen and Cors down to 10 men for a good bit.

champagne
27/08/2010, 12:17 PM
ringmahon beat lakwood tonight 8-1 in keane cup.could of been double that .were missing 5 players in all.lakewood didnt even resemble a soccer team.shocking is putting it lightly

I saw this game too, they were poor alright. Ringmahon are shaping up nicely in fairness. I missed the game against Everton though - were they good?

Clifford
28/08/2010, 5:33 PM
Any news from Youghal v Wanderers in the Keane cup today?

collcorforever
29/08/2010, 7:19 AM
I heard Tramore were a disgrace against Douglas Hall during the week, their manager telling young guys he was going to "sort them out"!!! What kind of crap is that...look forward to seeing him up in Marys park and Rockmount this year, quiet boy I bet cause he sure was a quiet boy as a player up their!!!!!

skinny11
29/08/2010, 12:07 PM
collcorforever it wasnt just the manager who was a disgrace the just tried to kick the hall out of it and tried the same yeterday against passage passage had a man sent off after 10 minutes and tramore were destroyed for the whole game until it was abandoned due to a passage player injury all i say is tramore enjoy thr prem because ye will be going straight back down

Southsider
29/08/2010, 1:07 PM
Ya Tramore are the talk of the place about that Hall match an utter disgrace was what one Senior League official said to me. Marky Sull is leaving Passage on a high,red card inside 10mins he's heading back to Avondale. James O Leary was the man who got injured broken leg by all accounts so there two big signings wont be much good to them this year.
John O Rourke gone from The Dale already John Cotter has taken on the job so all last years crew will be back.
Karl Caulfield is back with Casement so great to have him back with us.