PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

BillysBoots
07/10/2005, 11:05 AM
Avondale also won 2-0 defeating the Leeds Kickers who did remarkably well to end up with 9 men at the end.

Avondale are off to a flier this year and look very good indeed to win back thier title and do very well in all Cups. Castleview struggled to beat Garryduff 2-1, expected I suppose. It was August since their last game. Have Avondale signed many new players this year?

Clifford
10/10/2005, 8:49 AM
Avondale are off to a flier this year and look very good indeed to win back thier title and do very well in all Cups. Castleview struggled to beat Garryduff 2-1, expected I suppose. It was August since their last game. Have Avondale signed many new players this year?

Yeah, all the rest may as well pack it in, hand the title to Avondale and feck off to Marbella.

Rockmount 3 v 0 Midleton. Wallop.

Clifford
10/10/2005, 9:33 AM
BEAMISH STOUT MUNSTER SENIOR LEAGUE
Senior Premier Division:
Douglashall 3 UCC 1;
Carrigaline Utd 0 College Corinthians 2;
Ringmahon Rangers 0 Avondale Utd 2;
Rockmount 3 Midleton 0;

First Division:
Fermoy 0 Crofton Garryduff 3;
Mallow Utd 0 Ballincollig 5;
Casement Celtic 3 Youghal Utd 4;
Glasheen 2 Temple Utd 3;
Mayfield Utd 0 Cobh Wanderers 0;
St Mary’s 0 Crosshaven 2;

Donie Forde Perpetual Trophy semi-final:
Castleview 2 Blarney Utd 0;

Lucozade Sport Munster Senior Cup first round:
Everton 1 Ballinhassig 1 (Ballinhassig won 5-4 on pens);

razor
10/10/2005, 10:47 AM
Yeah, all the rest may as well pack it in, hand the title to Avondale and feck off to Marbella.

Rockmount 3 v 0 Midleton. Wallop.
Mount missing many ? ;)

Clifford
10/10/2005, 11:32 AM
Mount missing many ? ;)

Full strength for first time in a while, Alan O Connor got two and Geariod scored a great third.

Why you ask?

razor
10/10/2005, 1:46 PM
Full strength for first time in a while, Alan O Connor got two and Geariod scored a great third.

Why you ask?
Heard Willie was off in Cyprus for the week, was he back?

Dale were back to full strength and were never troubled although they played against one hell of a gale in the 2nd half.

Clifford
10/10/2005, 1:54 PM
Heard Willie was off in Cyprus for the week, was he back?

Dale were back to full strength and were never troubled although they played against one hell of a gale in the 2nd half.

Jaysus your right, he was missing, I forgot that this morn. Cripes how did I forget the big man. I was going to post how strong the bench was yesterday into the bargain. (Ross, Pat Keane, Tommy Long, Steph)

Sorry, Mount were missing 1. Ha ha.

razor
10/10/2005, 2:00 PM
Is Thomas Long really back playing ?
Did you get the full story?

Clifford
10/10/2005, 2:07 PM
Is Thomas Long really back playing ?
Did you get the full story?

Involved in every game so far, scored about 4 to date. Still got the brain, good 30/40 mins player to have to bring in.

Full story about what or who? Willie or Longy or AN Other.

razor
10/10/2005, 2:14 PM
Involved in every game so far, scored about 4 to date. Still got the brain, good 30/40 mins player to have to bring in.

Full story about what or who? Willie or Longy or AN Other.
Just about Longie as to whether or not it was really him making a return, bit of a supersub so.

Clifford
10/10/2005, 2:25 PM
Just about Longie as to whether or not it was really him making a return, bit of a supersub so.

Forgive me, birthday last night, sufferin big time today!

Yeah, more or less, he has started a few of the Keane cup games, but Alan O Connor and Beech would be first choice I'd have to think imho.

2 up at half time, comfortable second half except for outrageous over head kick from a Midleton lad from 18yards, ball hit bar and went about 25 yards back into play it was struck so well. A truly exceptional moment.

Who got the goals for Dale? I now realise I am quite friendly with Marky Sull's uncle, small world.

Clifford
11/10/2005, 10:35 PM
This weekend Mount were due to play Leeds, but apparently thats been changed and now they face the Dale in the first of the seasons big games.

Bring it on!!!!!

razor
12/10/2005, 9:03 AM
This weekend Mount were due to play Leeds, but apparently thats been changed and now they face the Dale in the first of the seasons big games.

Bring it on!!!!!
Nice One, safe money will be on a draw.
When & where is it on ?
Hope the Mount line bring their tranquilisers :D

Clifford
12/10/2005, 10:27 AM
Nice One, safe money will be on a draw.
When & where is it on ?
Hope the Mount line bring their tranquilisers :D

Windy park, Sun morn 10.45am I assume. Something going on at Avondale's ground I believe, is there an u19 International tourny going on or something. I think someone has use of it for training, but that is only pure guess work on my behalf.

BillysBoots
13/10/2005, 3:34 PM
Rockmount, Avondale blah! blah! blah!!. You'd swear there was only two teams in the league!!

Clifford
13/10/2005, 3:57 PM
Rockmount, Avondale blah! blah! blah!!. You'd swear there was only two teams in the league!!

Prob cos there the only two teams worth talking about, eh? Or maybe cos they play each other this weekend. Whatever feeds yer paranoia best eh ;)

Feel free to join in with something interesting about other clubs whenever you want.

razor
13/10/2005, 4:11 PM
Its only cos Cliffy has affiliations with the Rockmount camp and i myself have some with the Avondale side.
Its good to have another team represented here.

Clifford
13/10/2005, 5:05 PM
Are Castleview playing this weekend? I suppose the Donie Forde game last week helped shake off the cob webs of an unenforced break.

BillysBoots
14/10/2005, 5:15 PM
Are Castleview playing this weekend? I suppose the Donie Forde game last week helped shake off the cob webs of an unenforced break.

Ah no seriously just trying to rise ye, the View are playing Midleton at home this weekend. I reckon Midleton will be better than they have been in recent weeks, they always give Castleview a good battle when ever they meet.
Last week was a good test and Blarney are a very good hard working team. They may lack a bit of quality up front to actually push the top teams all the way this year but the future is bright for them.

Clifford
15/10/2005, 11:26 AM
Ah no seriously just trying to rise ye, the View are playing Midleton at home this weekend. I reckon Midleton will be better than they have been in recent weeks, they always give Castleview a good battle when ever they meet.
Last week was a good test and Blarney are a very good hard working team. They may lack a bit of quality up front to actually push the top teams all the way this year but the future is bright for them.

Midleton got a right hiding off Mount last week, but the scoreline was deceptive maybe. I'd expect a backlash, but View should have enough at home.

I'm excited about playing Avondale tomorrow, hope this light drizzle clears up.

You'll generally rise Razor very easily, but I'll not be wound up cos I'm hard as butter me, snarl....;)

Clifford
16/10/2005, 6:16 PM
0-0 at a foggy Rockmount Park this morning, game maybe should not have started, but ref was justified in his decision, because by the end you were almost able to make out the corner flags!!

Cracking 0-0 in my book between two very evenly matched teams, Willie Byrne and Noel Hartigan probably the 2 stand out players for both sides, immense defending. Rockmount keeper Slatts now has a MSL record 7 clean sheets in a row when he in the nets. That's added to only conceeding 9 goals last season in 22 games.

Marky Sullivan was well shackled by Buster and Weldon yet again had Spratty in the back pocket. Couple of flare ups near the end were fun, no one sent off thankfully - it wasn't that sort of game.

All in all the best chances fell to Mount with Dave the Save having to claw two good efforts round the post in the last 20 mins, one off the post also.

BillysBoots
17/10/2005, 9:26 AM
Castleviews game against Midleton was called off, just shows the difference between an expierenced referee and and one who's new to the game. Gene Stephens was in charge at Rocktmount(game on!) and Pat Murphy was in charge at O' Sullivan Park(Called off!!). The weather was worse above in Rockmount Park. One league game played now for Castleview, where as everyone else has played 4,5 and 6 games!! Playing catch up is always hard as Rockmount found out last year. Much better to have points in the bag than games in hand.

Clifford
17/10/2005, 10:38 AM
Castleviews game against Midleton was called off, just shows the difference between an expierenced referee and and one who's new to the game. Gene Stephens was in charge at Rocktmount(game on!) and Pat Murphy was in charge at O' Sullivan Park(Called off!!). The weather was worse above in Rockmount Park. One league game played now for Castleview, where as everyone else has played 4,5 and 6 games!! Playing catch up is always hard as Rockmount found out last year. Much better to have points in the bag than games in hand.

Surprised Midleton was bad as it is relatively low lying. I agree that Gene got it spot on yesterday as he did for most of the game. Nice to see a ref in control for a change.

Yeah, backlog is mounting up for View now and if they have a good intermediate cup run, as they should, it will only get worse after Chrimbo. Dangerous game having to play 2 games a week for the last 6 weeks of the season. It can indeed take it's toll eventually.

razor
17/10/2005, 11:00 AM
Clifford got it pretty much spot on, even enough game with Mount having more chances and as I predicted last week a draw was probably the most likely outcome.
Slatts had very little to do only one save in the 2nd half, Dave was a lot busier but only really in the last 10-15 minutes. Made one excellent double save tipping the first shot onto the post and then saving the rebound with his legs. Stretched well to tip a looping shot over the bar too. Willie & Hargie were immense no arguments in a game dominated by the defences.
Though Spratty was quiet for the most part he had one or two penalty appeals turned down but they would have had to be stone wall for Gene to give it and they weren't. Had his marker on a yellow but didn't get enough ball to test that yellow properly.
The game was played in good spirits for the most part until near the end when Ken Hoey punched Driccy in the back of the head behind the refs back, uncalled for really the way the game had been going.
A lot of the Mount faithful behind the top goal were getting very worked up but then it was so easy to wind them all up.:D

BillysBoots
17/10/2005, 1:13 PM
Clifford got it pretty much spot on, even enough game with Mount having more chances and as I predicted last week a draw was probably the most likely outcome.
Slatts had very little to do only one save in the 2nd half, Dave was a lot busier but only really in the last 10-15 minutes. Made one excellent double save tipping the first shot onto the post and then saving the rebound with his legs. Stretched well to tip a looping shot over the bar too. Willie & Hargie were immense no arguments in a game dominated by the defences.
Though Spratty was quiet for the most part he had one or two penalty appeals turned down but they would have had to be stone wall for Gene to give it and they weren't. Had his marker on a yellow but didn't get enough ball to test that yellow properly.
The game was played in good spirits for the most part until near the end when Ken Hoey punched Driccy in the back of the head behind the refs back, uncalled for really the way the game had been going.
A lot of the Mount faithful behind the top goal were getting very worked up but then it was so easy to wind them all up.:D

Typical Rockmount alright as soon as they know they can't win the game they'll start to use dirty tactics like, trying to kick someone behind the Refs back. No wonder the supporters are easily wound sure they won **** all last year and they're wondering will happen again this year!!

Clifford
17/10/2005, 2:31 PM
Typical Rockmount alright as soon as they know they can't win the game they'll start to use dirty tactics like, trying to kick someone behind the Refs back. No wonder the supporters are easily wound sure they won **** all last year and they're wondering will happen again this year!!

Shows what you know, Mount beat Avondale in the final of the O Connell cup, not a great season admittedly, but final of FAI Intermediate Cup for third time in a row and a trophy would be a roaring success for some of the smaller clubs.

But, like all good bluffers don't let the facts get in the way of a good lie....

Clifford
17/10/2005, 2:40 PM

It's called passion, more visits to Mount park would familiarise ya with the thing. :p

And likewise, there is no funnier sight in local football than seeing the arrogent Caulfield throwing the toys so far out of the pram we almost saw them hit a plane through the fog, now that was some going yesterday. He nearly bust a blood vessell trying to force Gene to allow Dale a shot on goal, all to no avail as usual.

Some day they will come to play us with some ambition to actually score and maybe then even the likes of Castleview will venture into our half.......naw didn't think so. :D ;) :ball:

BillysBoots
17/10/2005, 4:24 PM
Shows what you know, Mount beat Avondale in the final of the O Connell cup, not a great season admittedly, but final of FAI Intermediate Cup for third time in a row and a trophy would be a roaring success for some of the smaller clubs.

But, like all good bluffers don't let the facts get in the way of a good lie....

O' Connell Cup!!? Are Rockmount now relying on the O' Connell Cup for silver ware. As for the getting to the Final, no one remembers second place. HARSH BUT TRUE I'M AFRAID!!

Clifford
17/10/2005, 5:06 PM
O' Connell Cup!!? Are Rockmount now relying on the O' Connell Cup for silver ware. As for the getting to the Final, no one remembers second place. HARSH BUT TRUE I'M AFRAID!!

Naw, just pointing out it was a trophy after your lie earlier. Facts man, facts are what I deal in.

Harsh, but true, no need to shout. ;)

razor
17/10/2005, 9:17 PM
You'll generally rise Razor very easily, but I'll not be wound up cos I'm hard as butter me, snarl....;):D :D , Nah you'll not be wound up.

It's called passion, more visits to Mount park would familiarise ya with the thing. I hope you're not condoning physical violence like the eejits I was next to and trying to pawn it off as passion.Please. You can play the game fair and square but if you want to start fisticuffs then take it elsewhere.
You can be sure Billy would have reacted similarly if one of his players had been assaulted. Maybe it is called passion but passion of that kind has no place on the football pitch.

Clifford
17/10/2005, 10:20 PM
:D :D , Nah you'll not be wound up.

I hope you're not condoning physical violence like the eejits I was next to and trying to pawn it off as passion.Please. You can play the game fair and square but if you want to start fisticuffs then take it elsewhere.
You can be sure Billy would have reacted similarly if one of his players had been assaulted. Maybe it is called passion but passion of that kind has no place on the football pitch.

I think you know as well as I know it wasn't a one way street, there was a provokation involved and that was badly reacted to -0 happens every week in the MSL as long as I've been playing in it/watching it.

I was talking about the lads off the pitch, but I don't go over behind the goal so can't comment for what goes on there. I'm sorry if things got a bit heated, but I'm sure we've all seen it go on. Where was John Cotter by the way?????? ;)

razor
18/10/2005, 8:35 AM
I think you know as well as I know it wasn't a one way street, there was a provokation involved and that was badly reacted to -0 happens every week in the MSL as long as I've been playing in it/watching it. As far as physical assaults go, it was a one way street, No Avondale player hit anyone but there may have been verbals, who knows. Just cos it goes on every week doesn't make it right, you only have to go to Leeds Park to see it regularly.

I was talking about the lads off the pitch, but I don't go over behind the goal so can't comment for what goes on there. I'm sorry if things got a bit heated, but I'm sure we've all seen it go on. Where was John Cotter by the way?????? ;)I do believe that the "fans" behind the goal have been complained to the club by opposition teams and by Mount players too with regard to their carry on. Sometimes these things can be taken too far. I've been out to Rockmount Park lots of times over the years but this is the first time i've witnessed this kind of carry on. I was almost afraid to shout at times, almost.
I told Johnny C to leave Cotter out cos I knew twould only give you ammo on Monday morning.;) Injured I believe.

Clifford
18/10/2005, 8:42 AM
I was almost afraid to shout at times, almost.
I told Johnny C to leave Cotter out cos I knew twould only give you ammo on Monday morning.;) Injured I believe.

:D Conveniently eh Cotts!!

Would hate to feel you were silenced, glad you carried on. From the far side of the pitch I'd say there was equal "roaring"/"abusing" from both sets of fans, but there ya go. Good crowd also, I suppose with every other game off this was attractive to watch. I met a lot who had planned on going to Temple v Fermoy which was pulled.

razor
18/10/2005, 8:52 AM
:D Conveniently eh Cotts!!

Would hate to feel you were silenced, glad you carried on. From the far side of the pitch I'd say there was equal "roaring"/"abusing" from both sets of fans, but there ya go. Good crowd also, I suppose with every other game off this was attractive to watch. I met a lot who had planned on going to Temple v Fermoy which was pulled.It'd take quite a bit to silence me once I start. Didn't really see or hear any other Dale fans where I was.
Not bad crowd considering the weather.

Clifford
21/10/2005, 2:30 PM
Arvo all,

Rockmount face a tough test tomorrow v Blarney at home. The new boys ooked good in pre season and are justifying that expectation so far. They have no fears and like recent seasons carry on the success of promoted teams getting off to flyers.

Mount should be full strength and having seen Blarney earlier this season they will come and play football, unlike recent opposition to Mount park, ha ha.......:cool: :cool:

Clifford
21/10/2005, 4:16 PM
Arvo all,

Rockmount face a tough test tomorrow v Blarney at home. The new boys ooked good in pre season and are justifying that expectation so far. They have no fears and like recent seasons carry on the success of promoted teams getting off to flyers.

Mount should be full strength and having seen Blarney earlier this season they will come and play football, unlike recent opposition to Mount park, ha ha.......:cool: :cool:

Or maybe not, apparently the powers that be dictated that all games should be called off cos of potential bad weather.

I think it's a joke decision if that's the reason why, but I'll wait til I have it confirmed from a firmer source.

Clifford
22/10/2005, 12:01 PM
An even bigger joke now cos it's beautiful here in Cork and no games are going to be played. What a shambles. I believe the guy who called off the Dale v Crofton / Garryduff Donie Forde game is to blame.

What a **** up and teams like Castleview crying out for a game.

BillysBoots
24/10/2005, 8:31 AM
An even bigger joke now cos it's beautiful here in Cork and no games are going to be played. What a shambles. I believe the guy who called off the Dale v Crofton / Garryduff Donie Forde game is to blame.

What a **** up and teams like Castleview crying out for a game.

Must say it was a bit hasty to called off all games on Friday afternoon, surely it should have been left up to individual clubs to assess their own pitches Saturday or Sunday. Maybe Castleview will have 2 league games played by Christmas!! It was always going to harder this year for Castleview to do as well as last year but it's going to be even harder now with all these games in hand. Points in the bag is what it's all about.

Lovely day again today wha!! Maybe the MSL will called off all games for this weekend aswell :D

BillysBoots
25/10/2005, 12:35 PM
Anyone got details of the Inter Cup draw, dates etc?

Clifford
27/10/2005, 11:23 AM
Right, pending the MSL board calling off all games today for the weekend, Rockmount have a difficult away fixture at Carrigaline. I believe they think playing on the second bumpier pitch will unsettle the Mount, I beg to differ, but we'll see what happens.

Who are the others up against? Can't wait for a game, bet the View players are gagging for a run out in a league game again. It's been a while.

BillysBoots
31/10/2005, 9:23 AM
Right, pending the MSL board calling off all games today for the weekend, Rockmount have a difficult away fixture at Carrigaline. I believe they think playing on the second bumpier pitch will unsettle the Mount, I beg to differ, but we'll see what happens.

Who are the others up against? Can't wait for a game, bet the View players are gagging for a run out in a league game again. It's been a while.

Yep, gagging I'd say. They'll be waiting though, this is beyond a joke now. Did any games survive the weather?

Clifford
31/10/2005, 11:47 AM
Yep, gagging I'd say. They'll be waiting though, this is beyond a joke now. Did any games survive the weather?

Mount v Carrigaline was called off cos of the passing of a Carrig clubman I belive, RIP.

Prob would have gone to weather anyway.

razor
31/10/2005, 8:57 PM
Yep, gagging I'd say. They'll be waiting though, this is beyond a joke now. Did any games survive the weather?Avondales game versus UCC at the Farm was moved to Avondale Park on Saturday, Avondale won 1-0. They also beat Crofton/Garryduff 4-0 today in the Donie Forde Semi Final

Clifford
31/10/2005, 10:31 PM
Avondales game versus UCC at the Farm was moved to Avondale Park on Saturday, Avondale won 1-0. They also beat Crofton/Garryduff 4-0 today in the Donie Forde Semi Final

Good result to beat UCC, they are quite strong I believe. C/G isn't really a surprise I suppose, they had their big chance a few years ago.

Intermediate cup coming up next week and maye a few rusty teams are ripe for a plucking or will they be fresher as a result of inactivity....

BillysBoots
01/11/2005, 8:13 AM
Avondales game versus UCC at the Farm was moved to Avondale Park on Saturday, Avondale won 1-0. They also beat Crofton/Garryduff 4-0 today in the Donie Forde Semi Final

Two very good results for Avondale and two more games played when most every other team was sitting it out. Avondale mean business this year, they want their Title back which is great to see!!

BillysBoots
01/11/2005, 8:15 AM

Any news on when the Donie Forde Final is being played? Looks like a very interesting game between the Champions and former Champions.

BillysBoots
02/11/2005, 5:18 PM
It's official, the Munster Senior League have cancelled the rest of the season due to persistant rain!! :-) Is this **** ever going to stop.

Clifford
02/11/2005, 10:35 PM
It's official, the Munster Senior League have cancelled the rest of the season due to persistant rain!! :-) Is this **** ever going to stop.

Happens the GAA too, was hoping to take in the double header in Ring Park tonight, but the naughty rain just kept on cummin. Doh.

Surely the weekend will go as well?

BillysBoots
03/11/2005, 9:18 AM
Happens the GAA too, was hoping to take in the double header in Ring Park tonight, but the naughty rain just kept on cummin. Doh.

Surely the weekend will go as well?

Looks that way, the forcast is bad and with all the rain so far this week, can't see anything surviving!!!!!

Clifford
03/11/2005, 9:43 AM
Looks that way, the forcast is bad and with all the rain so far this week, can't see anything surviving!!!!!

Very upsetting, I need a fix and I need one soon. Have forgotten almost what deep heat smells like.