PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

Avondale No1
30/05/2008, 12:09 PM
After hearing the ins & & outs of the story I do think the match should have been replayed. Things are never that black & white Avondale No 1, just remember when Avondale played an illegal keeper v's Fanad a few years ago in the intermediate semi final. No punishment was given

They were punished as it turns out. They were kicked out of the Beamish Cup that season. It was following a complaint by another club who the player had signed for previously that alerted the MSL to the fact that this player had not transfered from his previous club. If the objection had been made following the FAI Cup match then they would have been dismissed from that competition also. The difference as I see it is that Carrigaline knew that the player was illegal when they played him but Avondale didn't know that the keeper was illegal as he never told the club that he had signed for another club earlier in the season and as a result they never got him transferred. Anyway thats all in the past now. Interestingly Avondale were alerted to the fact that Carrigaline played an illegal player by our good friends in Everton as the player in question was a registered player with them. Not sure if Carrigaline learned their lession either as I think they were involved in an incident where they tried to change the match card in an FAI Cup game in Dublin...correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway my arguement is that the rules have to be followed or else the competion will lose all credability.

Avondale No1
30/05/2008, 12:22 PM
To be honest I do think it's harsh on Carriag. Fighting at the other end of the table and losing 3 points is tough especially if that could have kept em up. It was a great win for them at Avondale park and it's tough enough at the bottom end of the table as it is.
I am however for punishing teams if playing illegal players but in this case it wasn't that simple. After hearing the ins & & outs of the story I do think the match should have been replayed. Things are never that black & white Avondale No 1, just remember when Avondale played an illegal keeper v's Fanad a few years ago in the intermediate semi final. No punishment was given
However for Rockmount I think injuries cost them the league as they looked strong all year. I don't think Rockmount will complain as they had the games in hand to win the league.
From what I hear they went 52/53 games unbeaten in the league until the defeat to Everton

Yeah, I know it isn't practical at all with the way the games pan out. Backlog is all part of it, but we played no game over Easter when the Dale got two played and at Christmas it was something similar. I respect the logistics of things with weather etc playing it's part, I hugely admire the people who run the MSL cos without them we'd have nothing, so it's not a gripe - just an observation. It's been thus for years and that's why Mount tried for both with such a strong squad this season. Tough one to call, but we gave it everything.

I would agree that it was a crazy task facing Rockmount playing 4 league games and 2 O'Connell Cups in the space of two weeks. Some might argue that that this is the price of success and have a fair point. However I do think that there are far too many lesser Cup competions being run by the MSL now and as a result league fixtures get pushed further back in the season. I believe Avondale didn't play their first leage match of the season until the middle of November. Before that they had Keane Cup, Donie Forde Cup, Munster Senior Cup, FAI Cup. They also lost a weekend for the Inter League and the O'Connell Cup at the end of the year. I know some of these trophies are traditional but enough is enough.

I believe also that the reason Rockmount didn't play over Easter is due to the fact that they normally take that weekend off and go on a club outing to the UK.

Looking ahead to next season (already!!) will it be the same faces at Rockmount or will the squad be added to further? I expect some big changes at Avondale Park. Not sure some of the new signings bedded in as well as was hoped. Might be a few old heads back in a few months!!!

Footballer
30/05/2008, 12:40 PM
So does the rules state that if you play an illegal player you are only kicked out of ONLY one competition? I doubt that. Avondale were not kicked out of the inter cup that season.
The rules seems to change to suit your statements.
FYI: The MSL have also now introduced a new rule regarding transfer of youth players. Now I have never seen a new rule like this implemented half way through a season. It suggest things weren't correct in the first place & also Carriag do think this player was illegal at all
2 appeals later Avondale got the points. The league didn't rule in their favour first. They just took 3 pts from Carrig.
In my opinion the game should have been replayed.
Unlucky Carriag: Hope ye come back up

ball-hop
30/05/2008, 1:24 PM
I believe also that the reason Rockmount didn't play over Easter is due to the fact that they normally take that weekend off and go on a club outing to the UK.

'Hall played twice over easter and look where it got us... :(

Fixture lists are always an issue and it's hard to see where a solution lies. The fixtures secretary has an unenviable task (and its the same in the AUL and Schoolboys League)... can't satisfy all the people all the time. Much is the price of success and haven't Avondale and Rockmount made the most of that success - fair play to both - over the last few seasons. Both clubs have remarkable records and a fine collection of trophies. The team managers in both cases deserve credit for developing squads capable of keeping momentum right through the seasons.

Avondale No1
30/05/2008, 6:13 PM
So does the rules state that if you play an illegal player you are only kicked out of ONLY one competition? I doubt that. Avondale were not kicked out of the inter cup that season.
The rules seems to change to suit your statements.
FYI: The MSL have also now introduced a new rule regarding transfer of youth players. Now I have never seen a new rule like this implemented half way through a season. It suggest things weren't correct in the first place & also Carriag do think this player was illegal at all
2 appeals later Avondale got the points. The league didn't rule in their favour first. They just took 3 pts from Carrig.
In my opinion the game should have been replayed.
Unlucky Carriag: Hope ye come back up

I don't want to go over old ground at this stage but the reason Avondale were kicked out of the Beamish Cup then was due to the fact that an objection was made to the MSL that an illegal player played in that particular Beamish Cup game. An appeal has to be related to a specific match and not just a general appeal. If an appeal was made against the club for playing an illegal player in an FAI cup game then the MSL & FAI would be obliged to investigate ths alligation and the club would have been suspended from the competition. I know for a fact that the Rockmount players held a meeting prior to that years Quarter Final and decided not to make an objection. I was also told that had they lost they would most probably have objected and this would have resulted in them being expelled. So as you can see the rules do NOT state that if you play an illegal player that you only get kicked out of ONE competition. So the rules have not changed.

I spoke to a Carrigaline player following the incident and he held his hands up that they were in the wrong. It was also alleged that they tried to sign the player in question on the day they played Avondale. Not sure if that one is true!

As far as Avondale bringing two further appeals that is just incorrect. Again to enlighten you about the rules a club can only appeal to the MSL once following their decision. After that you must go to the MFA and then to the FAI. My understanding of the incident was that the MSL made their decision and it was Carrigaline who made a further appeal and this failed.

Just want to clear up some mis-truths. By the way I would have liked to see Carrigaline stay up also as they are a good club. Also the fact of the matter is that Avondale were hammered on the day by them and that one player didn,t make that much of a difference. But as I have already stated, and this was my original point, rules have to kept if the league wants to keep its integreaty.

Anyway, no more of this. We have a game tomorrow and then we must celebrate!!

messer
30/05/2008, 11:58 PM
Congrats to Avondale on winning league. Always good to see them when they come to Dublin.

razor
01/06/2008, 9:48 PM
Cliffy, Any update on how the Dale-Mount game went on Saturday?

Footballer
02/06/2008, 10:54 AM
I would agree that it was a crazy task facing Rockmount playing 4 league games and 2 O'Connell Cups in the space of two weeks. Some might argue that that this is the price of success and have a fair point. However I do think that there are far too many lesser Cup competions being run by the MSL now and as a result league fixtures get pushed further back in the season. I believe Avondale didn't play their first leage match of the season until the middle of November. Before that they had Keane Cup, Donie Forde Cup, Munster Senior Cup, FAI Cup. They also lost a weekend for the Inter League and the O'Connell Cup at the end of the year. I know some of these trophies are traditional but enough is enough.

Looking ahead to next season (already!!) will it be the same faces at Rockmount or will the squad be added to further? I expect some big changes at Avondale Park. Not sure some of the new signings bedded in as well as was hoped. Might be a few old heads back in a few months!!!

Look,

It's been a great a great season for all concerned but I cut my response into 3 points

Firstly your facts are Horse ****. Rockmount never had a meeting between players any time up to or after that match. Yes, they had it on a management level and they decided that they would avoid going down that route. You can ask JC where the complaint came from as he was informed from a contact in Faned leading up to the match vs Rockmount.
Fanad were obviously aware of the ILLEGAL PLAYER & were trying to put in an official complaint but did not have the facts. Rockmount were asked about the facts but of course did not know em in full & were trying to find out

2:The FAI WERE contacted but Fand did not have the info in full. The MSL were asked verbally but not officially so did not feel obliged to give the information. The MSL did not want to throw out one of their own so kept it all behind close doors coming up to the Rockmount v Avondale Q-final game.
Once this game got close Fanad left it go. (ask Johnny C himself on this one)

3:Now Avondale played the illegal player. It was covered up by both the MSL and Avondale. Your moving the goalposts to suit yourselves on this one. End of story Avondale played an illegal player and were not thrown out, going on your own statement "rules have to kept if the league wants to keep its integrity"!

PS. Congrats on Avondale for the league. What a manger JC is after losing so many and bringing in fresh faces. Great man & great manager.

THAT'S FOOTBALL!!!!

Oh & by the way yes Avondale did appeal the leagues original ruling on the matter and only then did they get the 3 points

Clifford
02/06/2008, 11:57 AM
Cliffy, Any update on how the Dale-Mount game went on Saturday?

1-0 Dale it finished. Not sure who scored it. Bit of a nothing game, neither side at it full belt for obvious reasons.

Cup final tonight against Everton should be fun.

Clifford
02/06/2008, 11:13 PM
2-0 win to Rockmount tonight. Comfortable win with Mickey Deasy getting one and Beech bagged the other.

Happy days....

ball-hop
03/06/2008, 9:32 AM
Congratulations to both Avondale and Rockmount on capturing the most recent trophies.
Fair play, they both keep their standards up, setting target for the rest of us to reach.

mayfield utd
03/06/2008, 2:42 PM
cilfford is it ture rockmount could b losing some of there big players don't know if this is ture been hearing rumors that slats is going home to Fermoy willie burns is taking over casement as manager howie,weldon and robbie deasy r going travling and pat oldham pat keane and john buster r packing up i also heard and i hope this is not ture for our sake that steph hurley could b going back to rockmount if we don't beat marys in a playoff to go up

Yoda01
03/06/2008, 3:05 PM
cilfford is it ture rockmount could b losing some of there big players don't know if this is ture been hearing rumors that slats is going home to Fermoy willie burns is taking over casement as manager howie,weldon and robbie deasy r going travling and pat oldham pat keane and john buster r packing up i also heard and i hope this is not ture for our sake that steph hurley could b going back to rockmount if we don't beat marys in a playoff to go up

you haven't left them with many players there mayfield. it would be easier to speak about the rumours of the palyers not leaving at that rate! all that can't be true!!!!

p.s. whens your playoff and where?

razor
03/06/2008, 3:22 PM
p.s. whens your playoff and where?i think I heard this Wednesday at Casement Park but not 100% on that.

Clifford
03/06/2008, 3:58 PM

Phew, throw in a mangerial change and I'd be within my rights to feel like a Man City fan with all their touted changes.

To be fair I've heard them all as well over the last three weeks. As far as I know they are only speculation at the moment, none of them will have made any decision while the season only finished last night. We'll have to wait and see how they all fare out.

There will obviously be some changes, hope it's not wholesale as suggested above. Crikey that would be some amount to loose.

ball-hop
03/06/2008, 5:17 PM
Difficult to imagine that much turnover at Rockmount. I suppose we're entering silly season when everyone everywhere will be moving. The summer merry-go-round now begins it seems :)

Ryhopian
03/06/2008, 8:32 PM
i think I heard this Wednesday at Casement Park but not 100% on that.

I am manager of Sunderland Ryhope CW FC of the Wearside League which operates out of the North East of England. We visited Cork a fortnight ago to play against St Mary's and were blown away by the hospitality shown by everyone connected with the club. Was wondering how the people in the know feel the play off game between Mayfield Utd and St Mary's will turn out?

Come on the Saints!! ;);)

mayfield utd
04/06/2008, 11:57 AM
there's very little between mayfield and st marys in the league games mayfield won 2-0 away to marys and the other game which was only 2 or 3 weeks ago finished 2-2 and they also met in a cup game which marys won 2-0 so it should b a very close game 2night could go all the way to spot kicks the only thing going against mayfield would b match fitness cos they only play 2 r 3 games in the last 2 months cos at 1 stage marys had 6 r 7 games in hand

mayfield utd
04/06/2008, 12:00 PM
ya the game is at casement park tonight wednesday at 7 o clock best of luck to both teams

Yoda01
05/06/2008, 9:15 AM
ya the game is at casement park tonight wednesday at 7 o clock best of luck to both teams

so who won????

Billynomates
05/06/2008, 10:05 AM
so who won????

I heard Marys were 1 up half way through the second half. Dont know how it finished.

razor
05/06/2008, 10:13 AM
I heard Marys were 1 up half way through the second half. Dont know how it finished.I believe Marys won 2-1 aet

ball-hop
05/06/2008, 10:21 AM
Yes - Marys 2-1 aet. Welcome back to Premier... congratulations to both Marys and Ballincollig on their promotion.

Billynomates
05/06/2008, 12:15 PM
Yes - Marys 2-1 aet. Welcome back to Premier... congratulations to both Marys and Ballincollig on their promotion.

Was anyone at the game? Big blow for mayfield who should have secured promotion along time ago.

Ryhopian
05/06/2008, 1:53 PM
Well done to all big Malcolm, his players and the committee lads on promotion back to the Premier League. Everyone at Sunderland Ryhope CW FC are delighted for ya. Good luck for Sunday's cup match boys.

bon2007
06/06/2008, 8:19 AM
Good luck to Douglas Hall, Rockmount, Everton, Mary's and all other Junior teams over the weekend in the FAI Cup. Looking forward to the game tonight in the cross.

Footballer
06/06/2008, 12:29 PM
Just heard there that Rockmount are going to get Team of the year and Butsy from Castleview is getting Senior Premier Player of the year.
Fair play to both, well deserved.
Heard also that the player is signing for Rockmount. Great addition Cliffy. The signings start already..........

ball-hop
06/06/2008, 11:47 PM
Back from the Cross... as expected Drogheda had too much for us. 3-0 on the night, but eveeryone can hold their heads high. Now for the break to recharge.........

mayfield utd
08/06/2008, 11:52 AM
ya st marys won 2-1 after extra time the better team on the night won the game our lads played really poor and were luck to get it into extra time with a goal from barry triggs in the last few seconds of the game let's hope we bounce back next year best of luck to marys and ballincollig let's hope they stay up and not come straight back down. till next season

Clifford
08/06/2008, 6:40 PM
Mount lost 3-0 in the cup today. Half time 0-0, Bray underestimated how decent we'd be and upped it in the second half. Lead goal was a lucky enough one from a good cross their player headed the ball goalwards, it hit Philly Cunninghams back and fell back to the same player to lift it beyond the stranded keeper and Philly.

Rest of the game was comprehensive enough, third goal was a mile offside, but the lino bottled it down the Bray fans side. Without Pat Oldham, Buster, Yelvy, Beechinor and Robbie Deasy we were never going to go the full 90 with that level of side.

Wish all the best to Bray, good craic with all their drummers and flags.

razor
08/06/2008, 8:15 PM
Marys were beaten 1-0 by Wayside last night, heard Marys missed a pen, was listening to the Marys gaffer on RedFM earlier today and he slated the officials, anyone out there?

Clifford
08/06/2008, 10:29 PM
Didn't get to it, heard Wayside lads were a bit the worse for wear after an end of season bash or something.

Todays Everton game sounds interesting, by all accounts lost 2-0 against 9 men and a sub got sent off or so I heard.

razor
09/06/2008, 10:41 AM
Todays Everton game sounds interesting, by all accounts lost 2-0 against 9 men and a sub got sent off or so I heard.Same ref as City had in Limerick on Friday night, some guy Sutton from Clare.
He sent off 2 Carrick players for verbals and then one of the Carrick subs lost the plot started throwing water bottles and he got sent off too.
Pat Kelly called the Gardai just in case before the end.

ball-hop
09/06/2008, 3:48 PM
I'm sure we had him last year when we played Limerick. He wasn't that bad then, but reports from Limerick this weekend and events in Everton Park don't exactly suggest top league quality......

Summer hols, lads.... see you all for 2008/09.... :cool:

smasher
10/06/2008, 8:17 AM
I'm sure we had him last year when we played Limerick. He wasn't that bad then, but reports from Limerick this weekend and events in Everton Park don't exactly suggest top league quality......

Summer hols, lads.... see you all for 2008/09.... :cool:

This guy had seven booked and three sent off before h/t, not a bad tackle in the whole game . Someone must have had a word in his ear during break as only one yellow in 2nd half. This was not just a bad day for him as it can also have serious reprucussions for Carrick. It was a poor reflection of refeering standards in this country.

razor
10/06/2008, 10:12 AM
This was not just a bad day for himNot a bad weekend financially though with 2 games & expenses, not as good as Anders though who had 3 games over the weekend.

Allstar
18/06/2008, 7:32 PM
Any early pre-season transfers lads??????? Any shocks??? :eek:

mayfield utd
22/06/2008, 11:35 AM

i heard ur man butsy from castleview and steph from us r going to rockmount don't know how true this is i heard these from a rumor and i haven't seen steph to ask him

mayfield utd
22/06/2008, 11:38 AM
i also heard cobh wanders r after our very own barry triggs he's brother paul already plays with wanders i think

Allstar
22/06/2008, 10:19 PM
Havent heard anything bout wanderers. Is barry any good?? Seen his brother paul play alright and he's handy.

mayfield utd
24/06/2008, 6:16 PM
ya he's a good player his paul younger brother he play's up front r right midfield a big strong guy but not great in the air for a big guy but his very good on the deck and has scored some good long range goals for us

Allstar
26/06/2008, 11:53 PM
Has any1 else heard any transfer talk?? ware has clifford n razor n all the lads gone???

Clifford
27/06/2008, 11:43 AM
Howdy, we're on our holidays like the players! Heard nothing concrete from Mount about the incomings or outgoings.

I know that the "lads who retire every year" or the "lads moving home to play with their home clubs" rumours were untrue, but we'll see what happens closer to the pre season.

Clifford
29/06/2008, 10:28 PM
Overheard a couple of lads trying to make up some rumours in Amitus today near Paul st shoppin centre. Three lads havin some sexy lunch decide they were going to spread something about Patsy Freyne going to some other club and some lad going to Rockmount for the laugh. Heard them confirm that "Butsy" is also signed for Mount. Hmmmm, you'd be amazed what goes on around you.

Any of you lads in the trio????????

I must admit I was tempeted to go up and tell them that Jonny Caulfield had joined Mount as a striker and Beech was going to Liverpool instead of Torres, just to see the reaction!

offside rule
04/07/2008, 1:21 PM
A Premier Division club in the MUNSTER Senior League require goalkeeper for upcoming season.
Good facilities. Saturday home games. Cobh. PM me.

Allstar
08/07/2008, 9:36 PM
Pre-Season starting soon for most clubs!! Who's yer tips for the premier and 1st division leagues this season?? Any odds??

Clifford
12/07/2008, 11:21 PM
No news yet re Rockmount signings, best news is that almost everyone is back and ready for the season ahead - some of the rumours here had John Delea and Jamsie back in the first team squad (which wouldn't be a bad thing!).

I suppose it depends on who goes where, but Dale and Mount are up there to be shot at. Blarney and Hall would have to be the two most likely to break the dominance, but Everton might be ready for a push as well...

offside rule
18/07/2008, 11:32 AM
Have been hearing that Willie Byrne has gone to Casement to take over management/coaching of team. Slatts gone/going back to Fermoy - nearer home for him, Rob Deasy is gone to Aus (for how long?).

Mount have signed Buttsie & Blakie from Castleview and Steph Hurley gone back to them from Mayfield.

Passage team seems to have broken up since relegation with James O'Leary and Podge(keeper) gone to Douglas Hall and Gary Prout gone to Avondale, supposedly a two/three other have gone to Cobh Wanderers.
Cobh have lost their leading goalscorer last season - Chubbs.

Any more news from other teams; Blarney, Everton (new management), Castleview, UCC.

Wat about two teams promoted - Ballincollig and Mary's- wat can we expect from them?.

I know alot of teams only starting back pre-season next week,
kind of silly time at the moment(speculation and rumours), but surely there have been a few players who have already moved and signed for new clubs.

Clifford
19/07/2008, 9:15 AM
Have been hearing that Willie Byrne has gone to Casement to take over management/coaching of team. Slatts gone/going back to Fermoy - nearer home for him, Rob Deasy is gone to Aus (for how long?).

Mount have signed Buttsie & Blakie from Castleview and Steph Hurley gone back to them from Mayfield.

Not true about Slatts, he's signed up and ready to rock and roll again. The three that were mentioned as signed are possibly true as well. There might be one other big surprise in the offing, but I'll not say anything til it's set in stone. I'd be sad if it happened though.

offside rule
19/07/2008, 2:12 PM
Not true about Slatts, he's signed up and ready to rock and roll again. The three that were mentioned as signed are possibly true as well. There might be one other big surprise in the offing, but I'll not say anything til it's set in stone. I'd be sad if it happened though.

Big surprise as in someone else is leaving the club or someone is signing.
I take from your comment ''id be sad if it happened though'', that its someone leaving or retiring.
Its hardly Billy!, maybe Buster, Pat K or Pat O ???.