PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

Chiefscout
22/10/2014, 1:05 PM
I wonder what the UCC players playing with avondale think about it?
Ya.heard john finnegan has contacted them bout collecting the medals for them ��.they must be embarrassed in fairness.at least they can go for two in a row

Shilts
22/10/2014, 2:07 PM
Ya.heard john finnegan has contacted them bout collecting the medals for them 😁.they must be embarrassed in fairness.at least they can go for two in a row

Why be embarrased?
Their team won fair and square.
Everybody had their say and ucc were awarded the extra points to win them the league.
Big losers in this are Avondale of course - but they're not short of trophies. Also, i would imagine that there should be an MSL EGM where the committee should all resign

moonman
22/10/2014, 2:22 PM
[QUOTE=Shilts;1786276]Why be embarrased?
Their team won fair and square.
Everybody had their say and ucc were awarded the extra points to win them the league.
Big losers in this are Avondale of course - but they're not short of trophies. Also, i would imagine that there should be an MSL EGM where the committee should all resign[/QUOTE

How did they win it fair and square , they had plenty time to lodge an appeal after Everton got the points from the Leeds game !! Instead they waited till the beat a 2nd string Avondale side to lodge there appeal !! Absolute disgraceful carry on by UCC and the msl for listening to them

Shilts
22/10/2014, 2:33 PM
In your opinion Moonman.
You should go away and read the Arbitrators 17 page report before commenting anymore

moonman
22/10/2014, 2:39 PM
In your opinion Moonman.
You should go away and read the Arbitrators 17 page report before commenting anymore

UCC went about there business in a cowardly way simple as , I don't care about any arbitrators report , they don't bust there balls all year round training in the rain , sleat and snow to have league titles taken away from them like this !!

Shilts
22/10/2014, 3:11 PM
Maybe if you ask nicely Moonman, everybody will play be your own special rules this season. Otherwise we can continue to play by the standards WRITTEN down by the FAI etc

moonman
22/10/2014, 3:25 PM
Maybe if you ask nicely Moonman, everybody will play be your own special rules this season. Otherwise we can continue to play by the standards WRITTEN down by the FAI etc

Your not getting my point here , Avondale won the league , Everton won there appeal to get the points from the Leeds fixture , why then did UCC not lodge there appeal prior to playing Avondale in the league which would have made all parties concerned aware of what's going on hense dales would have fielded there strongest 11 and won the league on the pitch like they have been doing for years !! Wise up here and look at how cowardly UCC went about things or maybe your 1 of the famous 5 that never gave up the fight !!

Shilts
22/10/2014, 3:36 PM
Instead of ucc, maybe you should vent your misguided anger towards the MSL.
They cocked up big time here.

moonman
22/10/2014, 3:42 PM
[QUOTE=Shilts;1786289]Instead of ucc, maybe you should vent your misguided anger towards the MSL.
They cocked up big time here.[/QUOTE

Msl threw out there appeal first and foremost so , it's all down to UCC for continuing to prosue a matter that they went about in a dishonest way !! Yes msl fcuked up with the Leeds player in question but UCC had plenty time to lodge there appeal but decided to pull a fast 1 instead !!

Shilts
22/10/2014, 3:46 PM
Dishonest...pull a fast one?
You're having a laugh!

MSL Prem Div Winners 2013/14
UCC AFC

End of

moonman
22/10/2014, 3:50 PM
You're having a laugh!

UCC AFC

End of

UCC Rats
(end of)

blueculchy
22/10/2014, 3:52 PM
The league should have acted after the Everton appeal with regard to the other games played by the illegal player. 100% the leagues fault I think.

the hawk
22/10/2014, 4:07 PM
You're having a laugh!

UCC AFC

End of

show us the medal shilts

Shilts
22/10/2014, 4:23 PM
UCC Rats
(end of)

Haha
Thats me told so!

Glenbuck
22/10/2014, 4:33 PM
With so many wrongs it is hard to favour anyone. Bottom line is initally the Leeds secretary got it wrong. He instructed the MSL to cancel the resignation of the wrong player. Just so happenned that they had 2 players of the same name. Unfortunate as it turned out. LEEDS AT FAULT. Now for the main f up in my opinion. When Everton objected and got the points all other teams who had played against this player when he was not registered should then have been reimbursed lost points. MSL AT FAULT. Lads just stand back and look at the big picture. Football is the loser here. And heres one ye didnt see coming. I actually feel sorry for the Avondale players. Innocent party in all this.

Goggs
22/10/2014, 4:44 PM
Avondale pulling out of the league a host of clubs to back them unless decision is overturned.

Glenbuck
22/10/2014, 4:53 PM
Avondale pulling out of the league a host of clubs to back them unless decision is overturned. Where did you get that from

Goggs
22/10/2014, 5:01 PM
Sorry glenbuck should have said apparently speaking to an avondale player today the club is suppose to be making a stand and apparently being supported by some premier clubs again this is what I heard.

Chiefscout
22/10/2014, 5:04 PM
Sorry glenbuck should have said apparently speaking to an avondale player today the club is suppose to be making a stand and apparently being supported by some premier clubs again this is what I heard.
Both them things will not happen.there will be no stand and no backing.and you can quote me on that

Shilts
22/10/2014, 5:22 PM
Avondale pulling out of the league a host of
clubs to back them unless decision is overturned.

As if that's going to really happen

moonman
22/10/2014, 5:39 PM
As if that's going to really happen

You getting nervous that you mightened receive your runners up medal

Bubba
22/10/2014, 5:46 PM
MSL had told avondale that game against UCC meant nothing and that they were the league champions. Avondale had agreed to a play off according to John Ryan. The clubs should be in a stance against how the MSL blazer boys dealt with the whole thing.

Bubba
22/10/2014, 5:48 PM
If I was a UCC player I would be embarrassed to recieve a second hand league medal. And if I was an Avondale player I would keep the medal in my underpants for a few training sessions and then hand it back ;)

old-head
22/10/2014, 6:13 PM
With so many wrongs it is hard to favour anyone. Bottom line is initally the Leeds secretary got it wrong. He instructed the MSL to cancel the resignation of the wrong player. Just so happenned that they had 2 players of the same name. Unfortunate as it turned out. LEEDS AT FAULT. Now for the main f up in my opinion. When Everton objected and got the points all other teams who had played against this player when he was not registered should then have been reimbursed lost points. MSL AT FAULT. Lads just stand back and look at the big picture. Football is the loser here. And heres one ye didnt see coming. I actually feel sorry for the Avondale players. Innocent party in all this.

just to clarify lads, the report clearly states that Everton did not lodge an objection after the Leeds game? The decision to award Everton the 3pts was made after MSL officials at the game (wonder who?) checked the card and pegged Leeds had an illegal player. The whole thing started with a misunderstanding and Leeds should have gotten a rap on the knuckles as they did not intentionally play an illegal player. Instead Everton were awarded the 3 points which created the whole situation.

Glenbuck
22/10/2014, 6:19 PM
just to clarify lads, the report clearly states that Everton did not lodge an objection after the Leeds game? The decision to award Everton the 3pts was made after MSL officials at the game (wonder who?) checked the card and pegged Leeds had an illegal player. The whole thing started with a misunderstanding and Leeds should have gotten a rap on the knuckles as they did not intentionally play an illegal player. Instead Everton were awarded the 3 points which created the whole situation. Intentionally or otherwise bottom line is that they did play an illegal player. Thats why I am saying with so many wrongs its hard to take sides. Horrible situation for all involved.

Clifford
22/10/2014, 6:26 PM
No winners in this one lads. Only a handful of UCC officials will acknowledge them winning it. I'd imagine there is no satisfaction for the UCC lads cos there is no substitute for winning it on merit. There is every chance they would have got a result that night even if Dale were full strength, but we'll never ever know.

The untouchables stay untouchable, a shambles and a dictatorship. Shame, but true. Not the first time they have hidden their heads in the sand when found to be wrong and let someone else take the fall/work it out for them.

Shame the players lost their medals over the summer, will a Police search warrant for each players house also be distributed with the verdict? I'd be giving nothing back cos we all know they won it.

Horse24
22/10/2014, 6:51 PM
No winners in it all - no matter what we think.

justasupporter
22/10/2014, 8:29 PM
There's a part in that report where it states the MSL ignored all requests by phone email & at the AGM from ucc when they asked about the points being awarded to everton , in all fairness why was it only everton to get points anyway & no one else when the player in question was known to have played in other games as well ? Surely the msl had to be diligent ( i use that term & the msl loosely) & investigate if the player had played against anyone else & dealt with it there & then , why ? Because they do what they like & think who's going to challenge them . Got that 1 wrong didn't they ?
This situation stank to high heaven for 6 months with all the rumours & even spoilt a league with probably 4 or 5 teams in trouble all knowing Leeds were looking at a possible deduction of points ,
You can be sure everton knew they had 3 points coming to them at some stage though but then to hand the points or deduct them whatever way you look at it at the last game was just shocking & unfair to every team in the league .
MSL got their bluff called with someone with the spare cash to actually challenge them & look incompetent as a result ,not for the first time a football accociation in this country looked like that is it ? Don't get me wrong ucc played an underhand stroke but only cos clowns r us allowed it to get completely out of hand & give them the time & reasons to make the challenge .says as much in the report.

killer"B"
22/10/2014, 8:42 PM
There's a part in that report where it states the MSL ignored all requests by phone email & at the AGM from ucc when they asked about the points being awarded to everton , in all fairness why was it only everton to get points anyway & no one else when the player in question was known to have played in other games as well ? Surely the msl had to be diligent ( i use that term & the msl loosely) & investigate if the player had played against anyone else & dealt with it there & then , why ? Because they do what they like & think who's going to challenge them . Got that 1 wrong didn't they ?
This situation stank to high heaven for 6 months with all the rumours & even spoilt a league with probably 4 or 5 teams in trouble all knowing Leeds were looking at a possible deduction of points ,
You can be sure everton knew they had 3 points coming to them at some stage though but then to hand the points or deduct them whatever way you look at it at the last game was just shocking & unfair to every team in the league .
MSL got their bluff called with someone with the spare cash to actually challenge them & look incompetent as a result ,not for the first time a football accociation in this country looked like that is it ? Don't get me wrong ucc played an underhand stroke but only cos clowns r us allowed it to get completely out of hand & give them the time & reasons to make the challenge .says as much in the report.
great post justasupporter :cool:

offside Ref
23/10/2014, 5:41 AM
I was on here months ago and i gave the reason why everton were the only team at the time that got the points and i got put off the site for awhile. if your a member of a club you should not be allowed be on the msl comittee also.At the time Douglas hall and some other clubs also put in for the points which they should of getting if everton got them and the msl turned them down also.I personally think all involved at the moment in the msl comittee should have to step down after making a shambles of the whole lot.

razor
23/10/2014, 2:54 PM
A source close to the UCC top brass told me that they had no interest in taking a title back off Avondale , that all this was merely to show up the MSL for the cowboys they are.

Chiefscout
23/10/2014, 4:04 PM
A source close to the UCC top brass told me that they had no interest in taking a title back off Avondale , that all this was merely to show up the MSL for the cowboys they are.
With the greatest respect,are you telling me you believe that tripe?..ucc have now become the most hated team in msl.we all know how corrupt and incompetent the senior league are

justasupporter
23/10/2014, 4:10 PM
well lets see if they say officially that it was a matter of principle they took the case all the way to arbitration , this cost € thousands to go this far so I have my doubts but lets see how it pans out ..

Glenbuck
23/10/2014, 4:24 PM
With the greatest respect,are you telling me you believe that tripe?..ucc have now become the most hated team in msl.we all know how corrupt and incompetent the senior league are Not going to ask you to go for a pint anytime soon, but I actually agree with you.

Glenbuck
23/10/2014, 4:26 PM
I was on here months ago and i gave the reason why everton were the only team at the time that got the points and i got put off the site for awhile. if your a member of a club you should not be allowed be on the msl comittee also.At the time Douglas hall and some other clubs also put in for the points which they should of getting if everton got them and the msl turned them down also.I personally think all involved at the moment in the msl comittee should have to step down after making a shambles of the whole lot. And if they step down who are going to run the league. Never going to happen.

Horse24
23/10/2014, 4:55 PM
Glenbuck - showing Dale and Chiefscout love in the one week - you will be shunned in Whitechurch if you aren't careful haha!

Shilts
23/10/2014, 5:01 PM
With the greatest respect,are you telling me you believe that tripe?..ucc have now become the most hated team in msl.we all know how corrupt and incompetent the senior league are

You gotta laugh - UCC the most hated team in the league?

So UCC should just have sucked it up that they were robbed 2 vital points.

Sure they shouldnt be winning leagues anyway haha

Plenty of clubs have benefitted from appeals in the past and good luck to them. Congrats again to UCC.

Glenbuck
23/10/2014, 5:02 PM
Glenbuck - showing Dale and Chiefscout love in the one week - you will be shunned in Whitechurch if you aren't careful haha! I always try to call it as it is. No worries.

Chiefscout
23/10/2014, 5:08 PM

Plenty of clubs have benefitted from appeals in the past and good luck to them. Congrats again to UCC.
Hated because of their "we've never intended on taking the league off Avondale it was to get back at the msl" statement and they spending thousands on an appeal.are we meant to buy that crap?.sneakily appealed after the game v Avondale b and now coming out with ridiculous statements.we are all not stupid and see what has gone on

Chiefscout
23/10/2014, 5:12 PM

And yes.congrats to ucc...if only their representatives and mouth pieces grow a pair of balls and admit what should be embarrassment winning a league by default and stop hiding behind an error by a bunch of encompetent mini FIFA wannabes

Shilts
23/10/2014, 5:33 PM
Hated because of their "we've never intended on taking the league off Avondale it was to get back at the msl" statement and they spending thousands on an appeal.are we meant to buy that crap?.sneakily appealed after the game v Avondale b and now coming out with ridiculous statements.we are all not stupid and see what has gone on

How dare UCC spend money on an appeal which proved them to be in the right all along??
Its probably taxpayers money too!!

Shilts
23/10/2014, 5:36 PM
And yes.congrats to ucc...if only their representatives and mouth pieces grow a pair of balls and admit what should be embarrassment winning a league by default and stop hiding behind an error by a bunch of encompetent mini FIFA wannabes

Winning the MSL (unbeaten I think) is hardly an embarrasment. Plenty of clubs out there have never won it.
St Marys
Douglas Hall etc

Radiostar
23/10/2014, 9:49 PM
Sorry Shilts, it stinks how it was done, they should have let Avondale know of their intensions to appeal before they played, then no one here or involved in football would have an issue. That's what has most people annoyed not the fact they won an appeal.

Chiefscout
23/10/2014, 10:07 PM
Sorry Shilts, it stinks how it was done, they should have let Avondale know of their intensions to appeal before they played, then no one here or involved in football would have an issue. That's what has most people annoyed not the fact they won an appeal.
100% spot on

Goalpost14
24/10/2014, 6:54 AM
100% spot on
100% Correct have to agree with the same comment

Bubba
24/10/2014, 7:13 AM
I think everyone agrees that UCC handled this badly. They waited to see if they beat the dale and then decided to appeal. Obviously because then they knew they had a chance to be recognised as league winners. But the real culprits are the blazer boys in the MSL. Clubs should take a stance against them in order for shake up in how it is run. Its the same faces in charge every year and nothing has changed. A bunch of cowboys

happyfeet
24/10/2014, 7:30 PM
Any update in the Midleton and Everton game ??

Glenbuck
24/10/2014, 7:38 PM
Rockmount 4 up. Into 2nd half

Glenbuck
24/10/2014, 7:56 PM
6 up.

Glenbuck
24/10/2014, 7:58 PM
Mount 6 Kinsale 1