PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

razor
08/06/2005, 9:19 AM
Obviously none of the 3 keepers played this morn in the 2-1 defeat at Rockmount? The first guy got taken off for leaving in two in first 5 mins, bit harsh I thought as they were deadly finishes, Cokers from 25/30 yards just flew in. The second guy who came on was as bad flapped at almost all crosses, caught one near the end all right. Two less than full strength sides played out an interesting end of season game, got heated enough to know both sides cared. Mount missing Byrne, Howey, Beechinor, Doyle, Dale missing Spratt, Harty and a few more I imagine. Hoppy and Hallie were outstanding for the visitors. Coker with his first for Mount (a stunning volley), Weldon and two young youths were best for Mount.Bit of a non event, Echo said Dale had 3 U17's playing, i think the young keeper had to start because the other guy hadn't turned up on time, he arrived about 15 mins in and was duly put on, damage was done by then though.
Avondale drew 0-0 with Cork City last night in a FAI Cup warm up.

Clifford
12/06/2005, 10:57 PM
Bit of a non event, Echo said Dale had 3 U17's playing, i think the young keeper had to start because the other guy hadn't turned up on time, he arrived about 15 mins in and was duly put on, damage was done by then though.
Avondale drew 0-0 with Cork City last night in a FAI Cup warm up.

And the excuse for tonight?

Rockmount win the O Connell Cup with a 1-0 win in extra time against Avondale. Typical battle between the two best teams in Cork, Mount playing all the ball and Avondale winning the physical battle. Byrne and Weldon (take Spratty out of yer pocket now Al) were majestic in the ariel bombardment when Dale eventually got hold of the ball. As always Mount didn't create a whole lot of gilt edged chances, but did more than enough pass and move football to deserve the trophy, with a winning goal early in extra time by Ross O Callaghan. Biscuits in goal and Caulfield were shown up for being past it by now.

What was the deal with the normal keeper Razor? I thought O Shea getting the game of Friday was bang out of order myself.

razor
13/06/2005, 8:22 AM
And the excuse for tonight?

Rockmount win the O Connell Cup with a 1-0 win in extra time against Avondale. Typical battle between the two best teams in Cork, Mount playing all the ball and Avondale winning the physical battle. Byrne and Weldon (take Spratty out of yer pocket now Al) were majestic in the ariel bombardment when Dale eventually got hold of the ball. As always Mount didn't create a whole lot of gilt edged chances, but did more than enough pass and move football to deserve the trophy, with a winning goal early in extra time by Ross O Callaghan. Biscuits in goal and Caulfield were shown up for being past it by now.

What was the deal with the normal keeper Razor? I thought O Shea getting the game of Friday was bang out of order myself.Didn't make the game last night but the report I got was that Rockmount won fair and square, I'm not involved at all with Avondale so I don't need to make excuses. There were however a few mitigating factors.
Avondale played superbly on Friday night and gave Bray a very good game.
They must just keep this long ball stuff you speak of for Rockmount games. On another night with a bit of luck they would have beaten Bray. They played the last half an hour with 10 men and that was a mere 48 hours before last nights game. I also heard the match official last night was a Mr Lyne, wasn't he the same official that reffed the Intermediate Cup game ?
I presume he didn't make it to Nevada Smiths last night for a drink with the Rockmount team like he did that Sunday in March. ;)
Disappointing season overall for both clubs who really are the top 2 in the MSL, no harm to see the League shared about a bit.
Caulfield has made some shrewd signings already and heres to next season.
Wouldn't know a whole lot about the goalkeeping situation at Avondale myself.

Clifford
13/06/2005, 2:18 PM
Didn't make the game last night but the report I got was that Rockmount won fair and square, I'm not involved at all with Avondale so I don't need to make excuses. There were however a few mitigating factors.
Avondale played superbly on Friday night and gave Bray a very good game.
They must just keep this long ball stuff you speak of for Rockmount games. On another night with a bit of luck they would have beaten Bray. They played the last half an hour with 10 men and that was a mere 48 hours before last nights game. I also heard the match official last night was a Mr Lyne, wasn't he the same official that reffed the Intermediate Cup game ?
I presume he didn't make it to Nevada Smiths last night for a drink with the Rockmount team like he did that Sunday in March. ;)
Disappointing season overall for both clubs who really are the top 2 in the MSL, no harm to see the League shared about a bit.
Caulfield has made some shrewd signings already and heres to next season.
Wouldn't know a whole lot about the goalkeeping situation at Avondale myself.

As usual your excuses for them are admirable, some of the Mount players played 90 mins and extra time in a Junior cup final yesterday morning and still managed to get through the match last night. These lads are all young and fit, 2 games in 48 hours should be fine.

John, the ref, was actually quite good last night, even left the Dale keep the full 11 on the pitch for a change (was Spratt hard done by or what on Friday? Paper seemed to think it was justified?) even though Cotter again should have got three yellows instead of just the one. Mount and Dale played 4 times this season, Rockmount won 3, drew one and you still harp back to a blatent hand ball where the man should have been sent off, but wasn't, nurse the screens quickly!!

razor
13/06/2005, 3:32 PM
Fair play Clifford, and as usual your green and yellow tinted glasses are also admirable. Avondale are a decent footballing side and not the kick and rush team you think. Personally I don't like Cotter as a player but he does a job as do Keane or Doyle for Mount. every team has them and needs them.
Good to see Mounts strength in depth that they didn't even have a full side out last night but playing a junior game hardly equates to playing a LOI team with 10 men.Although the Echo stated a mere 1 of your senior players played in that junior game, Coker.
Spratty was rightly sent off on Friday night, got an elbow off the ball and reacted, kicking himself after but damage was done then.
Of course Mount had the upper hand this season and you know what , out of the 4 games mentioned, I only attended 1 and that was the 0-0 draw. I should go more often. :D

dcnags
15/06/2005, 11:38 PM
I don't really know the story with the keepers but i think john was always looking for a new keeper seeming as dave o keeffe is still out, nobody seems to have the confidence in michael as they did in dave.

You can only sign a player from another club once the club they play with have finished all their league games. Alan o shea is a class keeper and a lot more vocal. I think michael was late for a few games and trainings through the season.

On the note of transfers the guy we signed from midleton, andrew knowles, is a fine player. It will be interesting to see how all the players fit in next season.

I was at the game on sunday. As was said, i think rockmount deserved it, avondale created little or no chances in front of goal and looked tired. As we're on about facts of why the teams didn't do so well, i think its my turn to point out that avondale had two 40 odd year olds playing. We were also missing:

Michael Dorgan (Gk) - ?
dave O keeffe (Gk) - long term injury
Alan o shea (Gk) - cup tied?
Andrew Goulding (cd) - Work
Noel Hartigan (cd) - holidays
Mark O sullivan (m) - holidays
Damian O Connell (f) - holiays
Andrew Knowles (m/f) - cup tied
Eoin Costine (d) - cup tied/injured

Also we had kenny bruton come on in extra time, hes been injured for the last 6 or 7 weeks. He has been a huge loss but good to see him back.

I'm looking forward to next season and to see if john brings in anybody new. Will be interesting to see who stays and who goes, i think this might have been willie's last season and i think andy is working in kildare so he might have to leave also.

Clifford
16/06/2005, 10:23 AM
I don't really know the story with the keepers but i think john was always looking for a new keeper seeming as dave o keeffe is still out, nobody seems to have the confidence in michael as they did in dave.

You can only sign a player from another club once the club they play with have finished all their league games. Alan o shea is a class keeper and a lot more vocal. I think michael was late for a few games and trainings through the season.

On the note of transfers the guy we signed from midleton, andrew knowles, is a fine player. It will be interesting to see how all the players fit in next season.

I was at the game on sunday. As was said, i think rockmount deserved it, avondale created little or no chances in front of goal and looked tired. As we're on about facts of why the teams didn't do so well, i think its my turn to point out that avondale had two 40 odd year olds playing. We were also missing:

Michael Dorgan (Gk) - ?
dave O keeffe (Gk) - long term injury
Alan o shea (Gk) - cup tied?
Andrew Goulding (cd) - Work
Noel Hartigan (cd) - holidays
Mark O sullivan (m) - holidays
Damian O Connell (f) - holiays
Andrew Knowles (m/f) - cup tied
Eoin Costine (d) - cup tied/injured

Also we had kenny bruton come on in extra time, hes been injured for the last 6 or 7 weeks. He has been a huge loss but good to see him back.

I'm looking forward to next season and to see if john brings in anybody new. Will be interesting to see who stays and who goes, i think this might have been willie's last season and i think andy is working in kildare so he might have to leave also.

Including Knowlsey (who is class) and O Shea as missing in that list is brillo, only signed in the last week or two.......Mount were also missing Busteed who came on injured, Irish international Howey (congrats Kenneth, well deserved), Alan Martin who apparently is coming back next season and about six other maybe's or could have beens.....

But, I know what you mean with lads on holidays and end of season feel to it. Highlight of the evening for me was the guy who presented the prize on behalf of the O Connell family, Pat O Donovan. Wasn't he involved with Cork City before? I think he's familiar. Beat the daylights out of any speech I'd ever seen on such occasions. Kept calling Pat Keane, Roy. Advertised his failing business and generally just was funny. I'd have liked him to go into extra time.

Next season should be cracking, getting off to a great start in now essential as Castleview proved. Any particular players you'd fancy? Fermoy have a 19 year old striker Kurt Wheeler who looks the business. Wanchope might be coming back to Mount, he looked good early season. I've talked about Knowlsey a lot as he's so comfortable with the ball at his feet, glides past players with ease. You'll enjoy watching him next season.

dcnags
16/06/2005, 11:42 PM
Ya, Pat o donovan, plonk as he was/is known used to be involved with city years ago, same time as my grandad was. In fairness his speech was funny but poor pat keane, took it ok though. Picked up more trophies than his brother this season too! :D

Theres some fine players around, every team has at least 1 star and it'll be interesting to see how the promoted teams do, as the last 2 years promoted teams have won it. I think castleview were promoted, ya?

Clifford
17/06/2005, 1:47 PM
Ya, Pat o donovan, plonk as he was/is known used to be involved with city years ago, same time as my grandad was. In fairness his speech was funny but poor pat keane, took it ok though. Picked up more trophies than his brother this season too! :D

Theres some fine players around, every team has at least 1 star and it'll be interesting to see how the promoted teams do, as the last 2 years promoted teams have won it. I think castleview were promoted, ya?

As far as I know they were promoted indeed.

Clifford
30/08/2005, 9:15 AM
Some results from week 1 of the league:
Premier Division:
Avondale United 2 Blarney United 2;
Carrigaline United 2 Midleton 1;
Castleview 3 Leeds 1;
Everton 0 Rockmount 3;
Ringmahon Rangers 1 College Corinthians 2.

First Division:
Bandon 0 Mallow United 1;
Fermoy 1 Ballincollig 2;
Casement Celtic 0 Ballinhassig 2;
Cobh Wanderers 2 St Mary’s 1;
Crofton/Garryduff 2 Temple United 2;
Glasheen 0 Tramore Athletic 2;
Crosshaven 1 Youghal United 2.

Clifford
04/09/2005, 6:56 PM
Week two results:
Bloody on line Examiner no updates, still got results from 2nd August stuff in there.

From memory , but prob all wrong..except for Mount game as I was at it.

Rockmount 3-0 Corinthians
Avondale 3-1 Midleton
Everton 0-2 Leeds
Douglas Hall 1-3 Blarney
Ringmahon 1-1 Carrigaline

Clifford
09/09/2005, 11:15 AM
I wonder if there are any Castleview supporters out there that could explain did they have a game last weekend?

I see the squad for the Interleague stuff recognised their wonderful achievement last season by having 5 or so in the panel, nothing to do with their manager being in charge, eh!!!!

Rocmount have only 2, Dale three, which I find amazing. Neither of the 2 Mount Irish internationals are in the squad......hmmmmmm.

BillysBoots
09/09/2005, 12:32 PM
Castleview had no game last weekend. One of their Players got Married!! Silly boy!! No game for The 'View until Sat/Sun 24rd/25th of Sep, I'd say.

BillysBoots
09/09/2005, 12:36 PM
Can anyone name any of the 5 or so in the interleague panel from Castleviw?

Clifford
09/09/2005, 2:25 PM
Can anyone name any of the 5 or so in the interleague panel from Castleviw?

Brian Healy
Ritchie Hyde
Lakey
Keith Kelleher
Chris Butt

At a guess.

Clifford
09/09/2005, 2:37 PM
Castleview had no game last weekend. One of their Players got Married!! Silly boy!! No game for The 'View until Sat/Sun 24rd/25th of Sep, I'd say.

Cheek of the lad, marriage, why oh why would you do that to yourself, ha ha.

Welcome aboard BillysBoots. Who have View signed during the close season that will strengthen them?

BillysBoots
09/09/2005, 3:06 PM
Quote:

Welcome aboard BillysBoots. Who have View signed during the close season that will strengthen them?

Alan Falvey
Richie Hyde
Eric Barrett

Clifford
09/09/2005, 4:05 PM
Quote:

Alan Falvey
Richie Hyde
Eric Barrett

Good stuff, you'll need a deep squad to get a good run in the Intermediate cup and keep the league form up. I assume a good cup run is desirable?

razor
12/09/2005, 9:03 AM
I see the squad for the Interleague stuff recognised their wonderful achievement last season by having 5 or so in the panel, nothing to do with their manager being in charge, eh!!!!It happens every year, sure didn't Billy do the same last year.
Changes were needed i think after last years embarassing 7-0 drubbing.

BillysBoots
12/09/2005, 9:23 AM
Quote:
It happens every year, sure didn't Billy do the same last year.

Very hard to stick all these players together and expect them to gell in one or two games.

Clifford
12/09/2005, 11:22 AM
It happens every year, sure didn't Billy do the same last year.

Totally agree, last years result was totally down to Slatts being unavailable for the first game, best keeper by a mile, MSL record number of clean sheets last season. Would have won it then...... ;)

razor
12/09/2005, 11:53 AM
Totally agree, last years result was totally down to Slatts being unavailable for the first game, best keeper by a mile, MSL record number of clean sheets last season. Would have won it then...... ;)
Or maybe, just maybe it was down to the fact that Billy neglected to even bring the best keeper with him. ;) and ended up with a young fella he was hoping to sign.

BillysBoots
12/09/2005, 12:25 PM
Anyone got the full list of players for the Interleague on Saturday?

Clifford
12/09/2005, 2:47 PM
Or maybe, just maybe it was down to the fact that Billy neglected to even bring the best keeper with him. ;) and ended up with a young fella he was hoping to sign.

Who they then? Best keeper or one for the future? What keeper had more clean sheets than Mount last year? Didn't think so....

Clifford
12/09/2005, 2:49 PM
Anyone got the full list of players for the Interleague on Saturday?

Naw sorry, couldn't find it in the on line Echo.

razor
12/09/2005, 2:52 PM
Who they then? Best keeper or one for the future? What keeper had more clean sheets than Mount last year? Didn't think so....Why all the questions? You obviously know the score.
Anyway the point being that all Inter League managers have their own agendas and invariably pick more players from their own team, maybe it's better the devil you know. or not in last years case. Twas a lovely touch out of the Examiner to agree to only publish a 4-0 scoreline.
I think that while Slattery is not a bad keeper, Mounts clean sheets had more to do with the meagre defence and my old pal Willie joining than anything else.

Clifford
12/09/2005, 3:07 PM
Why all the questions? You obviously know the score.
Anyway the point being that all Inter League managers have their own agendas and invariably pick more players from their own team, maybe it's better the devil you know. or not in last years case. Twas a lovely touch out of the Examiner to agree to only publish a 4-0 scoreline.
I think that while Slattery is not a bad keeper, Mounts clean sheets had more to do with the meagre defence and my old pal Willie joining than anything else.

Chill a little, just tryin to chat. Granted the back four/five are awesome at Mount, but the keeper anywhere must take credit for organizing them and being there when needed, I bet big Willie would acknowledge having his good mate behind him allows for better confidence and . Like Donal Og yesterday, 30, that's 30 for any non rebels!!!!

Should be a good weekend for the MSL, fancy em to win it. Are you goin?

BillysBoots
12/09/2005, 3:17 PM
Quote:
What keeper had more clean sheets than Mount last year?

Castleview's Paddy O'Shea had 11 clean sheets out of 22 in the league and he didn't have Rockmounts back four in front of him. Can anyone name Castleview's back four from last year, just for the laugh!?

Clifford
12/09/2005, 3:31 PM
Quote:
What keeper had more clean sheets than Mount last year?

Castleview's Paddy O'Shea had 11 clean sheets out of 22 in the league and he didn't have Rockmounts back four in front of him. Can anyone name Castleview's back four from last year, just for the laugh!?

No, can you?

You never gave me a treat for naming the five on the interlg panel last week....aw....your mean.

Mount conceded 3 goals on route to 2 intermediate cup finals also, as well as 9 goals left in last year in 22 games (13 clean sheets), can't be bad...

But View won the title - hats off to em.

BillysBoots
13/09/2005, 9:15 AM
No, can you?

You never gave me a treat for naming the five on the interlg panel last week....aw....your mean.

Mount conceded 3 goals on route to 2 intermediate cup finals also, as well as 9 goals left in last year in 22 games (13 clean sheets), can't be bad...

But View won the title - hats off to em.

No me neither, just making the point about Paddy O'Shea and how good a season he had last year for Castleview considering what he had in front of him, basically four unknown inexperienced players.

BillysBoots
13/09/2005, 9:22 AM
What about the start Blarney UTD have got off to? Beating Douglas Hall and drawing with Avondale, is this third year in a row a team winning the 1st Div will come up and win the Premier!? Great start in fairness.

Clifford
13/09/2005, 11:13 AM
What about the start Blarney UTD have got off to? Beating Douglas Hall and drawing with Avondale, is this third year in a row a team winning the 1st Div will come up and win the Premier!? Great start in fairness.

I saw em in a pre season game vs Fermoy and they were very very impressive. Well organised, play a smart passing game and have a real gem in midfield Ray something who plays for Ireland at Junior level I think. The start they made is very impressive and good for the MSL.

I can't wait for it to resume in two weeks time. Who did View get in the Intermediate cup? Getting out of the local matches seems to be the hardest thing until you come across the LSL teams.

BillysBoots
13/09/2005, 12:15 PM
I can't wait for it to resume in two weeks time. Who did View get in the Intermediate cup? Getting out of the local matches seems to be the hardest thing until you come across the LSL teams.

Crofton/Garrduff at home, home draw is always welcome. Castleview were beaten by them two years ago at the same stage...

Clifford
13/09/2005, 1:36 PM
Crofton/Garrduff at home, home draw is always welcome. Castleview were beaten by them two years ago at the same stage...

Tough team, don't know how they summered, but a good mate played there for a few years and they seem a good club. View should get revenge though I'd venture.

Clifford
15/09/2005, 3:11 PM
Munster Senior Cup draw

MUNSTER SENIOR CUP
1st Round Draw
Fermoy v College Corinthians
Tramore Ath v Kinsale (Cork AUL)
Ringmahon Rgs v Mayfield Utd
Tralee Dynamos (Kerry D.L.) v Nenagh Celtic (North Tipp.)
Leeds AFC v Blarney Utd
St Michael's (Tipp South) v Carrick Utd (Waterford)
Cobh Wanderers v Avenue Utd (Clare)
Rathkeale AFC (L'rick Desmond) v Casement Celtic
Bandon FC v Douglas Hall
Everton v Ballinhaassig FC
UCC v Avondale United
Glasheen v Carrigaline Utd

2nd Round Draw
Leeds or Blarney Utd v UCC or Avondale Utd
Crofton / Garryduff FC v Rathkeale or Casement Cel
Glasheen or Carrigaline Utd v Temple Utd
Tralee Dynamos or Nenagh Celtic v Ballincollig AFC
Rockmount v Fermoy or College Cors
St Mary's v Tramore Ath or Kinsale
Ringmahon Rgs or Mayfield Utd v Clonmel Town (Tipp South)
Crosshaven v Midleton
Everton or Ballinhassig v Cobh Wanderers or Avenue Utd
Bandon or Douglas Hall v St Michael's or Carrick Utd

3rd Round Draw
Ringmahon Rgs or Mayfield Utd or Clonmel Town v Glasheen or Carrigaline Utd or Temple Utd
Crosshaven or Midleton v Everton or Ballinhassig or Cobh Wanderers or Avenue Utd
St Mary's or Tramore Ath or Kinsale v Tralee Dynamos or Nenagh Celtic or Ballincollig
Bandon or Douglas Hall or St Michael's or Carrick Utd v Leeds or Blarney Utd or UCC or Avondale Utd
Crofton / Garryduff FC or Rathkeale or Casement Cel v Rockmount or Fermoy or College Cors

Clifford
19/09/2005, 12:11 AM
I believe the MSL beat Ulster 4-0 on Sat and lost 2-1 to LSL on Sunday? No details yet though beyond that.

BillysBoots
21/09/2005, 9:22 AM
I believe the MSL beat Ulster 4-0 on Sat and lost 2-1 to LSL on Sunday? No details yet though beyond that.

That's right, lost in the Final 2-1. From what I heard the LSL were a slighty better team. Spratt from Avondale and John kearney from Castleview were Corks outstanding players. Fair play to Patsy he all most pulled it off!!

BillysBoots
25/09/2005, 5:15 PM
UCC beat Rockmount 1-0 Saturday and Midleton beat College Corinthians 4-0, interseting...very interesting!!

Clifford
25/09/2005, 9:22 PM
UCC beat Rockmount 1-0 Saturday and Midleton beat College Corinthians 4-0, interseting...very interesting!!

Any other results in yet? Mount were missing 4 so not bad all things considered. That is some result for Midleton, always capable of something like that, not consistant though.

razor
26/09/2005, 7:39 AM
Any other results in yet? think i heard Avondale beat Everton 6-1

Clifford
26/09/2005, 4:14 PM
Right for a change Razor!!! ;)

Beamish Stout Premier Division:
UCC 1 Rockmount 0;
College Corinthians 0 Midleton 4;
Carrigaline Utd 0 Douglashall 3;
Everton 1 Avondale Utd 6;
Leeds 1 Blarney Utd 1;

First Division:
Ballincollig 2 Crofton Garryduff 2;
Bandon 0 Glasheen 2;
Mallow Utd 1 Fermoy 1;
St Mary’s 5 Youghal Utd 1;
Temple Utd 4 Tramore Athletic 4;
Cobh Wanderers 2 Casement Celtic 2;
Crosshaven 3 Ballinhassig 3;

razor
27/09/2005, 10:52 AM
Right for a change Razor!!! ;)
:confused:
You can always count on me for correct Avondale scores. ;)

Clifford
27/09/2005, 11:34 AM
:confused:
You can always count on me for correct Avondale scores. ;)

I know that, only jesting.

Intermediate weekend this weekend. Mount tough one v Casement, who all the rest playin?

Any shocks predicted? I'll go for three Prem div sides going out.

BillysBoots
28/09/2005, 8:26 AM
I reckon Castleview are up against it(Cofton/Garryduff) considering they haven't had a game since Aug 30th!! Looking at last weekends results, it looks like Avondale are up for winning back the Title, 7 points from their first 3 games is a very good return. Avondale, Rockmount, UCC and Castleview with Blarney being the dark horses, I'd reckon.

Clifford
28/09/2005, 8:50 AM
I reckon Castleview are up against it(Cofton/Garryduff) considering they haven't had a game since Aug 30th!! Looking at last weekends results, it looks like Avondale are up for winning back the Title, 7 points from their first 3 games is a very good return. Avondale, Rockmount, UCC and Castleview with Blarney being the dark horses, I'd reckon.

Tough game all right v Garryduff. They are well organised and can be a threat on their day. The View will sneak it though, they'll be fresh after such a nice break!!

Long way to go in the league, lots of teams will be upset to hear that Ross O Callaghan is reported to be coming back for Rockmount. Get in there.

BillysBoots
28/09/2005, 9:18 AM
Tough game all right v Garryduff. They are well organised and can be a threat on their day. The View will sneak it though, they'll be fresh after such a nice break!!

Long way to go in the league, lots of teams will be upset to hear that Ross O Callaghan is reported to be coming back for Rockmount. Get in there.

Coming back form where?

Clifford
28/09/2005, 10:43 AM
Coming back form where?

He decided at the end of last season to give his business a chance without the distraction of training and playing as he's self employed and needed to establish himself in the market. Have not spoke to him yet about coming back so I'll not speculate as to why, until I know for sure. Cracking player, better up front in my opinion, but deadly on left wing also.

BillysBoots
28/09/2005, 12:38 PM
He decided at the end of last season to give his business a chance without the distraction of training and playing as he's self employed and needed to establish himself in the market. Have not spoke to him yet about coming back so I'll not speculate as to why, until I know for sure. Cracking player, better up front in my opinion, but deadly on left wing also.

Fair enough, good to see a player of his calibre staying in the Senior league!!

Clifford
02/10/2005, 8:11 PM
Rockmount win 2-0 O Mahony and Beechinor, comfortable at all times. Casement were workmanlike, but no shot on goal summed up the day.

How everyone else do?

razor
03/10/2005, 8:13 AM
Avondale also won 2-0 defeating the Leeds Kickers who did remarkably well to end up with 9 men at the end.