PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

tweety
28/07/2014, 8:43 AM
[QUOTE=Radiostar;1768836]Where is Kevin Murray going El Patron?
Back to Leeds I heard. He's not happy with the players Midleton have.
Don't believe it for one minute,Is he not apart of the management down there,if so isn't it kinda his responsibility to try attract a few and assemble a decent team with Stephen Mulcahy!and if all them Cobh players are gone back then any manager will find it hard,looks like Wolfie is after leaving them with a very hard job after signing so many from one club.

el nino coro
28/07/2014, 11:38 AM
FAI Intermediate cup final to be held at the Aviva this season coming,what a great incentive for all clubs especially Avondale for 5 in a row!

El Patron
28/07/2014, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE=El Patron;1768840]
Don't believe it for one minute,Is he not apart of the management down there,if so isn't it kinda his responsibility to try attract a few and assemble a decent team with Stephen Mulcahy!and if all them Cobh players are gone back then any manager will find it hard,looks like Wolfie is after leaving them with a very hard job after signing so many from one club.
Apparently Steve Mul was trying to get in at other clubs but wasn't taken so I wonder is his heart really in it. I wouldn't blame wolfey, it's the clubs fault if they are in difficulty. Wolfey kept them in the prem, look at Leeds they're gone.
Steve Mul prob took the job for the money and alot of money to he is reported to be getting.

Paul mc
28/07/2014, 2:26 PM
[QUOTE=tweety;1768881]
Apparently Steve Mul was trying to get in at other clubs but wasn't taken so I wonder is his heart really in it. I wouldn't blame wolfey, it's the clubs fault if they are in difficulty. Wolfey kept them in the prem, look at Leeds they're gone.
Steve Mul prob took the job for the money and alot of money to he is reported to be getting.

Haha! Your a beaut alright, 4mil a year I think on a 3 year contract 😄
Saw the game aswell, poor enough game alright. Midleton were well worth lead at half time, but all the subs made didn't help. City's young subs played better than midletons subs to be fair, but midleton had about 4-5 seniors playing from what I could see. More back next week from holidays. Kevin not going anywhere. Wouldn't blame anyone for what's going on there, rebuilding effort needed- nothing more. Very young team, but it's funny being written off in July! Wolfe brought in who he could, no fault to him or Cobh fellas going back to Cobh this summer.

tweety
28/07/2014, 3:09 PM
Twas bandon that kept them up turning up with 8 and a homeless fella,remember,dunno just think he had so many from Cobh always leaves a club vulnerable if they go back,seems the case now.yes there in the premier with a big rebuild job looks to happen now,isn't Mulcahy actually from Midleton??so I'd think he'd want to do well.

El Patron
28/07/2014, 3:26 PM
Twas bandon that kept them up turning up with 8 and a homeless fella,remember,dunno just think he had so many from Cobh always leaves a club vulnerable if they go back,seems the case now.yes there in the premier with a big rebuild job looks to happen now,isn't Mulcahy actually from Midleton??so I'd think he'd want to do well.
Of course he'd want to do well, who wouldn't? Reputation on the line plus he was involved last season under wolfey. Natural progression and no surprise when he was appointed.
I just wonder why he put himself in the shop window with Avondale, College Corinthians and Cobh Wanderers before accepting job?

The_Postman
28/07/2014, 3:35 PM
Out of the 14 cobh players to play at different times for midleton under wolfes reign only 3 were signed from cobh wanderers. So huge credit must go to wanderers for attractin all these players this year. Surely Stephen mulcachy and Kevin Murray wouldn't get involved without havin some sort of contingency plan, there both massively experienced surely they would be a big attraction to play under. Also I wouldn't put much belief in that Stephen Mul wouldn't be taken anywhere so chose midleton. He was begged to link up with avondale last year and asked to join ramblers but opted to stay loyal to midleton

tweety
28/07/2014, 6:52 PM
Out of the 14 cobh players to play at different times for midleton under wolfes reign only 3 were signed from cobh wanderers. So huge credit must go to wanderers for attractin all these players this year. Surely Stephen mulcachy and Kevin Murray wouldn't get involved without havin some sort of contingency plan, there both massively experienced surely they would be a big attraction to play under. Also I wouldn't put much belief in that Stephen Mul wouldn't be taken anywhere so chose midleton. He was begged to link up with avondale last year and asked to join ramblers but opted to stay loyal to midleton

Sounds a bit more realistic to be honest,and from what I heard he wanted Midleton job from start,but I'm only going by hear say,hope he does well with them.nice to see another young manager having a go.but I think of wanderers are guilty as a club of leaving it slip,I remember players going down to Cobh to play for mellerick at the time when they were contending for Msl prem,so to be honest any decent set up put in place wanderers always had a chance to bounce back,especially with ramblers over flow,and being a football town and some 4/5 really top players down there.but pressure is on now because there is supposedly a lot of stars together there and you can only play 11,who wants to be on d bench in the second division???

Goggs
28/07/2014, 8:13 PM
Your not giving the full facts El Patron. Last years management team did a great job keeping Midleton up, but they did it with the majority of Cobh Lads and brought through a few youngsters. Now here lies the problem the Cobh lads have left and the youngsters are still under age for youths and 19s. The youths and 19s said there are playing with their own ages this season and won't play senior and the juniors won't play senior either, so the man is left with 5 players signed, so the issue is a club one and a committee one to enforce those players to play senior if selected, and that hasn't happened yet, and until lit does Mulls hands are tied.

El Patron
28/07/2014, 10:10 PM
Your not giving the full facts El Patron. Last years management team did a great job keeping Midleton up, but they did it with the majority of Cobh Lads and brought through a few youngsters. Now here lies the problem the Cobh lads have left and the youngsters are still under age for youths and 19s. The youths and 19s said there are playing with their own ages this season and won't play senior and the juniors won't play senior either, so the man is left with 5 players signed, so the issue is a club one and a committee one to enforce those players to play senior if selected, and that hasn't happened yet, and until lit does Mulls hands are tied.
The fact is that Steve Mul would take the Cobh players back in a flash so he wants to go down the same route as Wolfey. Remember it was Wolfey who brought these players in and its the clubs fault for having no policy regarding who plays for the club. That's why they are in this mess, outside players should not be blamed for this mess but thanked for keeping them in the premier.
If Midleton go down so be it, in the long run it might help the club and encourage them and give them time to bring through their own players as opposed to depending on players from outside.
Apparently Midleton are so annoyed about players leaving that they refused Cobh Wanderers entry to the Barry Wall cup. Wanderers were invited to this competition every year. Personally I find this pathetic. This cup is normally East Cork teams.
Midleton are a good example of how to run a club but decisions like this don't help them. Anyway hope they are ok next season. Good club, well run and good people involved.

tweety
28/07/2014, 10:52 PM
The fact is that Steve Mul would take the Cobh players back in a flash so he wants to go down the same route as Wolfey. Remember it was Wolfey who brought these players in and its the clubs fault for having no policy regarding who plays for the club. That's why they are in this mess, outside players should not be blamed for this mess but thanked for keeping them in the premier.
If Midleton go down so be it, in the long run it might help the club and encourage them and give them time to bring through their own players as opposed to depending on players from outside.
Apparently Midleton are so annoyed about players leaving that they refused Cobh Wanderers entry to the Barry Wall cup. Wanderers were invited to this competition every year. Personally I find this pathetic. This cup is normally East Cork teams.
Midleton are a good example of how to run a club but decisions like this don't help them. Anyway hope they are ok next season. Good club, well run and good people involved.

Think one or two of the players need to have a look at themselves now,they left there home town senior team fold last year,think it's time some show some loyalty now rather than jumping back and fort from club to club,there going to be world beaters now because they will run away with the league,but will they always be remembered for the time Cobh wanderers senior team couldn't field for a year.agree with you on maybe wolfey may be shud be stopped from signing outside but as you said had they any policy on it???,but then he might have left his position aswell being told wat to do??would that have been fair???.think your getting mixed up,there junior tournament is east cork tournament ,but there senior tournament from past knowledge and participation they have invitation policy and all depending what div they play in.

cobhlad
28/07/2014, 11:01 PM
That is just childish if Midleton are not letting Wanderers into their tournament. They put all their faith in non-local players, they have to deal with it now. I fully back the Cobh players for returning and don't care if they turned their back before. Last season Cobh wouldn't have been worth joining for them, shows the work being put in this year.

El Patron
28/07/2014, 11:06 PM
Think one or two of the players need to have a look at themselves now,they left there home town senior team fold last year,think it's time some show some loyalty now rather than jumping back and fort from club to club,there going to be world beaters now because they will run away with the league,but will they always be remembered for the time Cobh wanderers senior team couldn't field for a year.agree with you on maybe wolfey may be shud be stopped from signing outside but as you said had they any policy on it???,but then he might have left his position aswell being told wat to do??would that have been fair???.think your getting mixed up,there junior tournament is east cork tournament ,but there senior tournament from past knowledge and participation they have invitation policy and all depending what div they play in.
Wolfey and the committee obviously clashed at some point. Wanderers always played in that competition ( over 20 years I've been told ) and as soon as players leave Midleton and go back they're refused entry, coincidence or what ??? Or maybe it was the fact that The Midleton manager asked to be part of the Cobh management team but wasn't taken??
Invitation policy depending on div is strange because Cobh are 2nd div and Midleton premier so they won't be in d same league which would make sense to play eachother yet Carrigaline will be competing and both them and Midleton will be in the same league. That doesn't make sense to me.

tweety
29/07/2014, 9:02 AM
Wolfey and the committee obviously clashed at some point. Wanderers always played in that competition ( over 20 years I've been told ) and as soon as players leave Midleton and go back they're refused entry, coincidence or what ??? Or maybe it was the fact that The Midleton manager asked to be part of the Cobh management team but wasn't taken??
Invitation policy depending on div is strange because Cobh are 2nd div and Midleton premier so they won't be in d same league which would make sense to play eachother yet Carrigaline will be competing and both them and Midleton will be in the same league. That doesn't make sense to me.
To be honest I used to play with Cors in it and that's they way they ran it,dunno who is in it this year to be honest,but Cobh were not in it last year either.dunno what to think about it really.

Radiostar
29/07/2014, 9:07 AM
Wanderers are in the junior Barry Wall tournament.

Superkeeper
29/07/2014, 3:47 PM
Why would Midelton ask a club who has taken a number of players from last years squad into there tournament ? Midelton are dead right, I'm sure they'll make the correct decisions for there club not anyone else

Mighty almighty
29/07/2014, 9:57 PM
God some very negative people on this,Stephen Mulcahy and Kevin Murray will be fantastic for Midleton,they hav the facilities and a very good nucleus to build from plus the will to go and win for his home club,good to see a local manager with passion again,best of luck to them #premdivfootball.

cobhlad
29/07/2014, 10:04 PM
Why would Midelton ask a club who has taken a number of players from last years squad into there tournament ? Midelton are dead right, I'm sure they'll make the correct decisions for there club not anyone else

Someone's a Midleton fan anyway. Don't see the point in not letting Cobh join the tournament. It's just pitiful and immature. They're a well run club and should be higher than this

El Patron
29/07/2014, 11:50 PM
Someone's a Midleton fan anyway. Don't see the point in not letting Cobh join the tournament. It's just pitiful and immature. They're a well run club and should be higher than this
Well said. I heard that when Midleton asked one of the Cobh lads as to why they were joining Wanderers the reply was sure didn't you ask to go there aswell.

cobhlad
30/07/2014, 7:13 AM
Well said. I heard that when Midleton asked one of the Cobh lads as to why they were joining Wanderers the reply was sure didn't you ask to go there aswell.
A non-Cobh person wanted to go Wanderers as well? That says a lot really. Wanderers have a policy on not letting non-locals play

Mighty almighty
30/07/2014, 9:12 AM
Well on a proper football debate for a change I see the league have put up everyone who is suspended for the start of the season,(games carried over from last year),are we starting to see professionalism at last,by putting up stuff like this on website for everyone to see.no hiding anything,is this the change everyone looking for?

mardyke
30/07/2014, 3:14 PM
Cobh Wanderers have a policy of letting no non locals play and Midleton had the complete opposite of letting no locals play.

moonman
30/07/2014, 4:26 PM
this cobh/midleton crap is getting a bit boring lads time to move on !! best of luck to stephen mull & co ,great player in his day & top man hope he makes a good go of it !!!!
any other news in the league , i see dales snapped up holland and o'donovan from ucc , any other players signed by them !!!

magpie
30/07/2014, 5:12 PM
I have never read so much crap in my whole life. I have noticed that the men who were on this site when I 1st joined have now left, I wonder why?

tricksey
30/07/2014, 6:14 PM
this cobh/midleton crap is getting a bit boring lads time to move on !! best of luck to stephen mull & co ,great player in his day & top man hope he makes a good go of it !!!!
any other news in the league , i see dales snapped up holland and o'donovan from ucc , any other players signed by them !!!

Kelvin Connolly signed aswell best of luck to the young fella great oppertunnitty for him.

tricksey
30/07/2014, 6:50 PM
Casement juniors looking for a friendly Tuesday night pm if interested

fifa
30/07/2014, 9:15 PM
Jason forde cork city to ringmahon

cobhlad
31/07/2014, 8:24 AM
Cobh Wanderers draw 1-1 with Douglas Hall in their first game of pre-season. Davin O'Neill with the goal for Cobh. 40 locals travelled to Douglas for it which is good. Playing Springfield on Friday night

el nino coro
31/07/2014, 1:50 PM
I see chubbs has been picked for the irish amateur side with avondale said to be the club he is representing,i wonder will he be overlooked once they realise he is a cobh wanderers player and playing in a shocking league?

Quickfeet
31/07/2014, 2:35 PM
Cobh Wanderers draw 1-1 with Douglas Hall in their first game of pre-season. Davin O'Neill with the goal for Cobh. 40 locals travelled to Douglas for it which is good. Playing Springfield on Friday night

Wanderers the better side, anyone who didn't know any better wouldn't have been able to tell which side were in the Premier.

El Patron
31/07/2014, 3:25 PM
I see chubbs has been picked for the irish amateur side with avondale said to be the club he is representing,i wonder will he be overlooked once they realise he is a cobh wanderers player and playing in a shocking league?
Get real. He'll still be playing in the cup competitions with good players around him. With Avondale it's not like every member of their squad plays all 18 league games.
Eventually the powers that be in Dublin opened their eyes to the quality players in Cork. Great to see do many get a call including the usual 2 from Mount. Well done to all. Great achievement. El Niño Coro relax with the slurry comments

Pass pass pass
01/08/2014, 12:12 AM
Hes right to a point cobh will play 18 and win 18 and probably have a goal difference of 100+. Complete uncompetitive season awaits them league wise.

bullet
01/08/2014, 8:24 AM
It will be like playing with Avondale so playing 18 and winning 18 scoring 100 plus and winning every cup except he will be doing it with his own town.

Hot Chilli
01/08/2014, 9:09 AM
Get real. He'll still be playing in the cup competitions with good players around him. With Avondale it's not like every member of their squad plays all 18 league games.
Eventually the powers that be in Dublin opened their eyes to the quality players in Cork. Great to see do many get a call including the usual 2 from Mount. Well done to all. Great achievement. El Niño Coro relax with the slurry comments

Don't be surprised if this is a once off with the Avondale lads being in the squad. It's an experimental squad and being used just to keep the cork protesters quiet. Apparently he refuses to consider Avondale after the phone call they made taking the **** out of the Irish manager.

old-head
01/08/2014, 10:00 AM
Don't be surprised if this is a once off with the Avondale lads being in the squad. It's an experimental squad and being used just to keep the cork protesters quiet. Apparently he refuses to consider Avondale after the phone call they made taking the **** out of the Irish manager.
The only one taking the **** here was Gerry Smyth...for years he has completely ignored Cork amateur players and still does unless you play for Rockmount or more recently Avondale. He'll say the quality isn't there..this is the same fella who felt Marky Sull wasn't up to it (before his first City stint). He's like a Civil servant...job for life.

1fortheTeam
01/08/2014, 11:57 AM
The only one taking the **** here was Gerry Smyth...for years he has completely ignored Cork amateur players and still does unless you play for Rockmount or more recently Avondale. He'll say the quality isn't there..this is the same fella who felt Marky Sull wasn't up to it (before his first City stint). He's like a Civil servant...job for life.great post oldhead and if cork lads do try out the squad alreddy picked its just to keep the leagues quiet.

Hot Chilli
01/08/2014, 12:14 PM
The only one taking the **** here was Gerry Smyth...for years he has completely ignored Cork amateur players and still does unless you play for Rockmount or more recently Avondale. He'll say the quality isn't there..this is the same fella who felt Marky Sull wasn't up to it (before his first City stint). He's like a Civil servant...job for life.

I wasn't defending him. I 100% agree with you

R75215
02/08/2014, 8:46 AM
Jamie Rice making a return to play a friendly with Casement today I hear. One of the best strikers to grace Cork Schoolboys League years ago if he still has it will be a fantastic signing.

old-head
02/08/2014, 9:27 AM
I wasn't defending him. I 100% agree with you
Sorry, that fella just does my head in!

duckdu
02/08/2014, 10:29 AM
Jamie Rice making a return to play a friendly with Casement today I hear. One of the best strikers to grace Cork Schoolboys League years ago if he still has it will be a fantastic signing.

Ahh stop the lights will ya. Wake up and smell the roses. What's what anyone achieves in schoolboys relivant to playing senior football? One of the best strikers to grace schoolboys? 😱 I bet the whole of msl are quaking in there boots now with casements marquee signing "if he still has it" . Could name a dozen players better under age and achieve zilch as soon as there out of schoolboys.

R75215
02/08/2014, 11:14 AM
Ahh stop the lights will ya. Wake up and smell the roses. What's what anyone achieves in schoolboys relivant to playing senior football? One of the best strikers to grace schoolboys? 😱 I bet the whole of msl are quaking in there boots now with casements marquee signing "if he still has it" . Could name a dozen players better under age and achieve zilch as soon as there out of schoolboys.

Haha relax kid. I could name quite a few aswell which is why it's great to see a fella who won 5 out 6 premier titles under age come back and play. I know he could do nothin at this level, but good to see him back.

cobhlad
02/08/2014, 3:30 PM
Cobh Wanderers beat Springfield 6-0 last night. Dub with a hatrick and Chubbs got two as well. Looked very impressive. Springers weren't bad themselves in the first half, lot of late goals changed the game. Good times for Cobh football ahead I feel

Chiefscout
02/08/2014, 3:47 PM
Cobh Wanderers beat Springfield 6-0 last night. Dub with a hatrick and Chubbs got two as well. Looked very impressive. Springers weren't bad themselves in the first half, lot of late goals changed the game. Good times for Cobh football ahead I feel
Nobody cares

overthehill
02/08/2014, 3:50 PM
Popped in to Casement park today, Casement won handy 3-0. Totally dominated the first half with possession football.2-0 half time. Very good to watch, numerous changes at half time upset their rythmn but still saw out the game comfortably. Big squad with good players . The lad Rice came on at half time and looked lively enough. Casement will be well up there this season. imo.

duckdu
02/08/2014, 4:27 PM

😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴 springfield? Was homer and duffman playing? Heard marge had à stinker in goal and the two fulbacks twins i think?not Raphaël and fabio, oh ya patty and selma were not bad though. Cobh revolution i give it half way through 1st division before it goes belly up.

killer"B"
02/08/2014, 6:39 PM
Popped in to Casement park today, Casement won handy 3-0. Totally dominated the first half with possession football.2-0 half time. Very good to watch, numerous changes at half time upset their rythmn but still saw out the game comfortably. Big squad with good players . The lad Rice came on at half time and looked lively enough. Casement will be well up there this season. imo.
who were they palying ??

Thebeanosarebac
02/08/2014, 6:52 PM
Glenthorn Celtic

Paul mc
02/08/2014, 7:03 PM
Glenthorn Celtic

What division are they in? No offence to you beano but I Find it funny when people are making league opinions based on pre season friendlies on the 1st few days in August. You'd think the manager if Cobh thinks they'll stroll the intermediate cup the way his posts are goin here! 😄

Paul mc
02/08/2014, 7:04 PM
Jason forde cork city to ringmahon

Where's that lad play?

Paul mc
02/08/2014, 7:08 PM
Nobody cares

True that. Saw the sign in Cobh today, local club, local players...and a ramblers sign next to it promoting their game v Waterford (I think). Kinda looks like a dig at ramblers to be honest, but could be wrong.
Any hassle between ramblers & wanderers?