PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

razor
18/05/2014, 12:33 PM
Cors 0-1 Dale
5 sent off

El Patron
18/05/2014, 12:58 PM
The premier division was a bit of a joke this season to be fair. Avondale won it without setting the league on fire or without having to go up the gears, UCC fizzled away showing no desire to challenge Dale, Rockmount were very average and require several top players to push, Corinthians stay up due to an administration error by Leeds and Bandon show up at Midleton with 8 players, appalling when you think of it really.
Anyway congrats to Dale, still the best around by a long shot and well done to Midleton, Hall & Corinthians for staying up.

Superkeeper
18/05/2014, 1:27 PM
Leeds will be kicking themselves, after a good spell in the middle of the season points dried up a bit, huge huge blow for them to be relegated

Glenbuck
18/05/2014, 1:39 PM
Cors 0-1 Dale
5 sent offWho walked

razor
18/05/2014, 1:54 PM
Who walked
Danny & Fitzy for Dale, didn't hear about Cors.
4 of the 5 went in a schmozzle at the end.

striker09
18/05/2014, 1:55 PM
Great for the club today to stay in premier division huge effort from the players today's game was a training session but we are not complaining one bit

Muller
18/05/2014, 3:42 PM
Took in Midelton v Bandon today. Well done to Midelton, was a training game, if they bought up the goals to the halfway line bandon still wouldn't of got a shot in to be honest. Bandon are an absolute disgrace, turning up with 8 players, fair play to the 8 that showed up but the Managment on the line should be ashamed of themselves turning up with that type of effort!! I would think when all the teams who where fighting relegation today hear that they won't be happy with bandon.

corkgaffer
18/05/2014, 4:38 PM
There have been some honest and forthright posts commentating on today's MSL premier fixtures this morning. Whilst I agree with the basis of most comments the sentiments that I reluctantly have to admonish are those that insinuate a lack of integrity in the leagues final standings and in particular the outcome of the relegation battle following Bandon's poor showing this morning. I would like to point out that a league table doesn’t lie and no team is relegated on the basis of the last game of the season I will not add further insult to injury by making excuses for today's fielding of 8 players however I would like to provide a brief explanation and insight. Firstly Id like to thank the 8 players who made the trip up to Midleton this morning from Bandon. Those players who did come and try to play were on a hiding to nothing but still they travelled to play knowing they would only number 8. It has been a difficult season for Bandon and as everyone knows maintaining a club at this level needs buy in from all parties at a club. It became quickly apparent in my short time at Bandon when I arrived in January that this was just not there. Too many parties were pulling against each other as the season progressed the senior set up slowly unravelled and finally came apart at the seams to what you seen today. It was down to the commitment of a small few who got us through to were we are today.

It has been a huge achievement to field in the last 5 games. The only game in which we had more than 11 stripped was against Leeds at home. I'm struggling to hide my frustration and disappointment but I will tell you I am not alone in feeling that way as there are countless other people at the club both players and staff that feel that way each with their own set of grievances that were ultimately irreconcilable . Unfortunately for the club some players just threw the towel in when the club looked destined to be relegated others went when we were actually relegated and whilst in some of games we were supplemented by the youths and junior team it almost wasn't fair to push them to play at a level they weren't ready for and against quality opposition desperate for points and this was reflected in the poor results. This loss compounded the loss of several players in January to leave a threadbare squad of 17. This morning following the 2 sending of against Corinthians on Thursday night and the bookings received we were missing 5 senior players before the game started.

At this juncture I would also like to state that in a lot of instances it was easy to punish a team with nothing to lose and would even charge some of the officials in the league with wanton abuse of their position. The officials on many occasions were either very very good or very very poor. When it was very very poor the yellow cards really stacked up and this impacted up massively for big games. There were games were the outcome was in no doubt and yet sometimes 7 or 8 cards brandished for nothing tackles and in a lot of instances the referee had boxed himself into a corner with an earlier silly yellow which meant he had no other option but a to show a red card after an innocuous event. I cant remember a game were we weren’t missing several players through a culmination of cards. For today you need to add the suspended players to the unavailability of several players through work and other things and the unfortunate reluctance of one or two to make the trip form West Cork to Midleton on a Sunday morning and we were down to what we were able to field.

As you all know Taigue O Neill is the manager of Bandon and I truly felt for Tiague today and on each occasion I believe he did all he could to put the best side he could on the field but you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink. I’ve never encountered a scenario like today at this level and I hope I never do again. I would like to thank the management team at Midleton and the officials who done their best to uphold the integrity of the league today. It can be hard to motivate yourself for such an occasion but to be fair to them they were as professional as you could have asked for. Midleton have a semi final on Tuesday and they had no room for sympathy in their preparation for that and of course in their desire to stay up.

At this stage I would like to congratulate John Ryan for his success at Avondale and Greg O Halloran for a great season at Carrigaline to date. Well done to Midleton, Hall & Corinthians for winning their fight against relegation and my commiserations to Leeds for their relegation. I would also like to congratulate Ballincollig for their success this season and Casement who shouldered the burden of favourites in division 2 well all season. Next Tuesday night in Blarney should be a cracker.

bullet
18/05/2014, 4:51 PM
At this juncture I would also like to state that in a lot of instances it was easy to punish a team with nothing to lose and would even charge some of the officials in the league with wanton abuse of their position. The officials on many occasions were either very very good or very very poor. When it was very very poor the yellow cards really stacked up and this impacted up massively for big games. There were games were the outcome was in no doubt and yet sometimes 7 or 8 cards brandished for nothing tackles and in a lot of instances the referee had boxed himself into a corner with an earlier silly yellow which meant he had no other option but a to show a red card after an innocuous event. I cant remember a game were we weren’t missing several players through a culmination of cards. For today you need to add the suspended players to the unavailability of several players through work and other things and the unfortunate reluctance of one or two to make the trip form West Cork to Midleton on a Sunday morning and we were down to what we were able to field.

Always someone else's fault with you!!!!

Just my opinion
18/05/2014, 5:41 PM
Here he goes again!! On the ball there bullet

old-head
18/05/2014, 5:49 PM
The premier division was a bit of a joke this season to be fair. Avondale won it without setting the league on fire or without having to go up the gears, UCC fizzled away showing no desire to challenge Dale, Rockmount were very average and require several top players to push, Corinthians stay up due to an administration error by Leeds and Bandon show up at Midleton with 8 players, appalling when you think of it really.
Anyway congrats to Dale, still the best around by a long shot and well done to Midleton, Hall & Corinthians for staying up.
Leeds can blame the MSL but even with the 3 pts deduction they should have stayed up. I was at their home games vs mount & Midleton and they should have won both but didn't. Their big chance was the Midleton game and they didn't take it. Well done to the Hall who had a great end of season, Midleton & cors as well who picked up vital pts when needed ( both beat Dale away in the league). The less said about Bandon the better:)

Glenbuck
18/05/2014, 10:37 PM
People need to look more at the Leeds situation. In all fairness lads can the MSL be blamed here. It was a crazy outcome to a crazy scenario.

razor
18/05/2014, 10:46 PM
Credit to cork gaffer for his post.
I'm sure Clifford empathises with the difficulties of running an MSL team while being a distance from the City.

Everyone on here affiliated with a club has had some gripe or other with officials over the course of the season.

zico365
19/05/2014, 7:54 AM
Took in the corinthians v avondale yesterday. Well done to avondale on grinding out another result to win the league.. few sent off at the end which there was no need for but i think the ref culd of used his common sense as it was so late in the game.

Some one has to go down and unlucky to leeds.. hall in fairness to them got the results when they had to and heard it was a very comfortable 4-0 win for them. Is the astro the way forward for them?
Also well done to midleton for staying up also, that one nil win v avondale was crucial it seems.
well done to all!!

Southsider
19/05/2014, 6:50 PM
Just seen the final tables. Great finish by Everton 4th place is a great achievement with the squad they had on paper anyway most people had them to go down. Me included. Delighted for Austin and the lads always sound guys.

Chiefscout
19/05/2014, 7:13 PM
Just seen the final tables. Great finish by Everton 4th place is a great achievement with the squad they had on paper anyway most people had them to go down. Me included. Delighted for Austin and the lads always sound guys.douglas hall should be fourth.everton sixth.the league gave Everton 3 points they didnt deserve

FootballMad
19/05/2014, 7:31 PM
douglas hall should be fourth.everton sixth.the league gave Everton 3 points they didnt deserve
Leeds got caught out by msl playing an ileagal player ... So that's why they lost the 3 points .. Everton deserved to be where they are and Leeds deserve to be where they are great season all in all I thought for the majority involved ..hopefully next season the title race be a lot closer....

Chiefscout
19/05/2014, 8:04 PM
Leeds got caught out by msl playing an ileagal player ... So that's why they lost the 3 points .. Everton deserved to be where they are and Leeds deserve to be where they are great season all in all I thought for the majority involved ..hopefully next season the title race be a lot closer....
Are you trying to tell me that no team in the league has played a player that shouldn't have played ie on four yellows.come off it.knacks being pulled left right and centre especially over the last 2 months by teams

el nino coro
19/05/2014, 8:20 PM
Leeds will be back stronger now that the league has introduced parachute payments!

Clifford
19/05/2014, 9:15 PM
Credit to cork gaffer for his post.
I'm sure Clifford empathises with the difficulties of running an MSL team while being a distance from the City.

Everyone on here affiliated with a club has had some gripe or other with officials over the course of the season.

I certainly do, could prob get the same answer off a Mallow rep as well. Thankfully we've some very good kids who may well make the step up, but this season was hard with the experienced core of the team having a bad run of luck or other priorities. Spent many Sat nights scratching around for bodies to get 14 for the Sun morning this year. Way too often to be enjoyable. How we pulled it off every week I'll never know.

You can't just go and pillage another club when the transfer window opens like the City clubs do. You could take from the juniors or youths if some lads were showing promise but that avenue is being closed even more so by the powers that be from now on. The suggestion for next season is that no registered senior player can be dropped down from senior level to find a bit of form or even a 90 mins coming back from injury. Used to be able to play 2 seniors.

Defies all logic to me, it's like breaking out of the Rock trying to get a fella taken off your registered 23 to free up a slot for a new player (well it is for us anyway, seems to be easier for some clubs). If one of our lads emigrates we nearly have to get them to post over their pps number and proof of address from the new residence and a pint of blood from a stone ffs. :hammer:

Anyway, the fight will go on, the refs will keep reffing, the managers will keep managing and the players will keep playing. I wish them all "All the best" for the summer and the coming seasons. I've stepped aside for a while, maybe it was me all along was the reason.....:ball:

Hat's off to Avondale, they are nearly as good as the great Mount team of the naughties.....but not quite....:kissing:

el nino coro
19/05/2014, 9:23 PM
I certainly do, could prob get the same answer off a Mallow rep as well. Thankfully we've some very good kids who may well make the step up, but this season was hard with the experienced core of the team having a bad run of luck or other priorities. Spent many Sat nights scratching around for bodies to get 14 for the Sun morning this year. Way too often to be enjoyable. How we pulled it off every week I'll never know.

You can't just go and pillage another club when the transfer window opens like the City clubs do. You could take from the juniors or youths if some lads were showing promise but that avenue is being closed even more so by the powers that be from now on. The suggestion for next season is that no registered senior player can be dropped down from senior level to find a bit of form or even a 90 mins coming back from injury. Used to be able to play 2 seniors.

Defies all logic to me, it's like breaking out of the Rock trying to get a fella taken off your registered 23 to free up a slot for a new player (well it is for us anyway, seems to be easier for some clubs). If one of our lads emigrates we nearly have to get them to post over their pps number and proof of address from the new residence and a pint of blood from a stone ffs. :hammer:

Anyway, the fight will go on, the refs will keep reffing, the managers will keep managing and the players will keep playing. I wish them all "All the best" for the summer and the coming seasons. I've stepped aside for a while, maybe it was me all along was the reason.....:ball:

Hat's off to Avondale, they are nearly as good as the great Mount team of the naughties.....but not quite....:kissing:

Avondale are a far superior team than the Rockmount side you mentioned,strong favourites for 5 intermediate cups in a row!

striker09
19/05/2014, 9:46 PM
[QUOTE=Clifford;1753889]I certainly do, could prob get the same answer off a Mallow rep as well. Thankfully we've some very good kids who may well make the step up, but this season was hard with the experienced core of the team having a bad run of luck or other priorities. Spent many Sat nights scratching around for bodies to get 14 for the Sun morning this year. Way too often to be enjoyable. How we pulled it off every week I'll never know.

Hat's off to Avondale, they are nearly as good as the great Mount team of the naughties.....but not quite....:kissing:[/

Avondale are a far superior team than the Rockmount side you mentioned,strong favourites for 5 intermediate cups in a row!

I agree with Clifford on this one much better squad ... Also our first intermediate cup win in 99 had only 1 player who didn't play school boys with the club and that was pat oldham . Either way would be a great game of played today ⚽️⚽️

razor
19/05/2014, 10:34 PM
Well done Cliffy, great effort over the last few seasons, it can't have been easy.

el nino coro
19/05/2014, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE=el nino coro;1753890]

I agree with Clifford on this one much better squad ... Also our first intermediate cup win in 99 had only 1 player who didn't play school boys with the club and that was pat oldham . Either way would be a great game of played today ⚽️⚽️

Well I didn't expect a former player to agree with me :o

Clifford
19/05/2014, 11:37 PM

In your opinion. I saw both sides at first hand for many season and tip my hat to Dale but deffo it was a much harder time for that Mount team. More hurdles to get over, heck of a lot more competitive. I'd argue the Dale team of that time was better than this side. They went toe to toe for years and never flinched. These days Dale have nothing like that threat to take them on. In my opinion.

Clifford
19/05/2014, 11:40 PM
Well done Cliffy, great effort over the last few seasons, it can't have been easy.

Thank you kind sir. great to see you again last week.

It was an honour and a pleasure at all times. Never forget this is our grass roots lads, anyone who can get involved do so if you are not already. It's incredibly rewarding and a roller coaster of emotions

striker09
20/05/2014, 7:02 AM
[QUOTE=striker09;1753897]

Well I didn't expect a former player to agree with me :o

👍👍👍⚽️⚽️⚽️

FootballMad
20/05/2014, 7:54 AM
Are you trying to tell me that no team in the league has played a player that shouldn't have played ie on four yellows.come off it.knacks being pulled left right and centre especially over the last 2 months by teamsi never said teams don't do it but if u get caught doing it then you have to pay the price .. They got caught so that's there own fault no one else's .. It'll be a right battle in the north side in the coming season with castle view in the mix ...

Goggs
20/05/2014, 8:31 AM
Sorry to see Clifford step aside, one of the unsong heros of Fermoy F.C. Thought Leeds been punished the way they were was really harsh, All that hard work from last year getting them promoted and to be docked 3 pts for a clerical error is poor form from the MSL. They did not do it intensionlly and a fine would have fitted the crime but to dock them 3 pts is a disgrace I wonder if Leeds had a member sitting on the MSL board like some clubs do. Would it have happened then.

Chiefscout
20/05/2014, 10:16 AM
i never said teams don't do it but if u get caught doing it then you have to pay the price .. They got caught so that's there own fault no one else's .. It'll be a right battle in the north side in the coming season with castle view in the mix ...
It be a better league to have Leeds in it and not Corinthians who should be relegated

duckdu
20/05/2014, 11:00 AM
this is a ridiculos comment. to say things like "heck of a lot more competitive" back then, YES, in the MSL but your point would be backed up if the dale were only winning the MSL they have won 4 intermediate cups in a row. are you saying the standard of football in all of ireland has dropped because i dont remember rockmount winning 4 in a row??and going to dublin and beating them in there own backyards comprehensively.the standard may seem like it has dropped but thats just because avondale have set the bar so high. i know its opinions but come on like? 3 MSLs and 4 intermediates in a row, come off the stage will ya..trophies speak more than words.

Clifford
20/05/2014, 12:05 PM
All opinions Duck. Your entitled to yours and I certainly wouldn't call you ridiculous for having one. Respect and humility at all times eh?

Leaving all that aside it is not something quantifiable as they are different eras. Just my opinion having seen both up close consistently during their peaks. It doesn't diminish the superb Avondale achievements in any way shape or form - i don't think i ever suggested it did. Just throwing it out there for a chat, not to have it rammed down my throat.....

What I think matters not a jot to JR or JC before them. They know the high regard i hold their achievements.

duckdu
20/05/2014, 1:35 PM
All opinions Duck. Your entitled to yours and I certainly wouldn't call you ridiculous for having one. Respect and humility at all times eh?

Leaving all that aside it is not something quantifiable as they are different eras. Just my opinion having seen both up close consistently during their peaks. It doesn't diminish the superb Avondale achievements in any way shape or form - i don't think i ever suggested it did. Just throwing it out there for a chat, not to have it rammed down my throat.....

What I think matters not a jot to JR or JC before them. They know the high regard i hold their achievements.

i never called you ridiculous i said your comment...it doesnt matter about different eras if they were as good as you say they were then surely, should they not have more too show for this?also the comment about dale 10 years ago been better? come on? quite clearly the begrudgers in cork will never give this avondale team who most had wrote off this year the recognition they deserve..Will this ever even be achieved again?

Clifford
20/05/2014, 2:48 PM
Fair enough, good opinion. I disagree of course each era is different.

If I were you I'd say 'feck the begrudgers' cos we all don't have to buy into your opinion. Hats off to an incredible run for sure.

duckdu
20/05/2014, 3:10 PM
Fair enough, good opinion. I disagree of course each era is different.

If I were you I'd say 'feck the begrudgers' cos we all don't have to buy into your opinion. Hats off to an incredible run for sure.

fair enough ;) we"ll agree to disagree :p

chilloutref
20/05/2014, 5:18 PM
Best of luck now 2nite Tricksey hope ye do it

moonman
20/05/2014, 8:05 PM
Casement 2 - 0 ballincollig
better side over 90 mins , great strike for the first goal !!

Sparks
20/05/2014, 8:22 PM
Casement 2 - 0 ballincollig
better side over 90 mins , great strike for the first goal !!

Well deserved. Much better side over both games this week. Congrades all involved

tricksey
20/05/2014, 9:09 PM
Casement league champions all welcome up to the friars walk tavern 😄😄😄😄

killer"B"
20/05/2014, 11:36 PM
Casement league champions all welcome up to the friars walk tavern 😄😄😄😄congrats tricksey and co.

Tekkers
21/05/2014, 9:37 AM
Congratulation to all involved with Casement by far the better team over the 2 games well deserved lads enjoy the celebrations :)

3rdeye
21/05/2014, 11:06 AM
Well done to casement last night to go up as champions is what they wanted so fair play to them!! Delighted for Gary young manager and to win a league in his second year is a great achievement so well done to him and all involved!! Few ex Pearse players involved so delighted for them to win medals!!

striker09
21/05/2014, 11:13 AM
Midleton v carragline tonght 7 o clock beamish cup semi final

ringmahon4ever
21/05/2014, 3:40 PM
Ringmahon v douglas hall tonight in the other semi final

el nino coro
21/05/2014, 8:57 PM
Rockmount 0-1 leeds in the O Connell cup

zico365
21/05/2014, 9:16 PM
Carrigaline progress to beamish cup final after two extra time goals. Finished 4-2. Great season for carrigaline!

el nino coro
21/05/2014, 9:25 PM
CIT win their playoff 5-1 to remain in the first division!

Blackandwhite
21/05/2014, 10:09 PM
Carrigaline progress to beamish cup final after two extra time goals. Finished 4-2. Great season for carrigaline!

Douglas hall beat ringmahon 2-0 tonight. So it's hall v carrigaline in the final

El Patron
21/05/2014, 10:36 PM
A few cup finals to look forward to now that the league campaigns are over. Beamish Cup Final is wide open, you'd fancy Dale in the Donnie and hopefully Hall can give a good account of themselves in the Munster Senior Cup Final

duckdu
23/05/2014, 9:41 AM
Donie Ford final This week between dale juniors and cors juniors ��..heard both are missing loads. Dale 6 out cors 5 out by all accounts..shame really at the end of a season so many miss out through suspensions mostly and injuries.. Best of luck to both teams involved..