PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

wesleyBHFC
15/02/2014, 3:22 PM
Ballincollig 2-1 glasheen

Southsider
16/02/2014, 12:37 PM
Prediction scrapped pal. Avondale 1-0 Rockmount. Lockey with a first half header to win it on a heavy pitch. 2 sent off. Alan o Connor for Mount and Kiely for Dale.

Glenbuck
16/02/2014, 12:46 PM
Prediction scrapped pal. Avondale 1-0 Rockmount. Lockey with a first half header to win it on a heavy pitch. 2 sent off. Alan o Connor for Mount and Kiely for Dale. Did you miss the first 5 minutes Southsider.

Glenbuck
16/02/2014, 12:53 PM
I know I stand to be reprimanded by Razor for this but in 37 years of playing and following Cork football I witnessed an unbelievably bad refereeing performance in Avondale Park this morning. A fine Eoghan Lougheed header in the first half settled it but the ref in question needs to go away and have a long think about his performance this morning. A blatant penalty and a resulting red card not given after 5 minutes. Not allowing tackles between 2 adult teams. His one liner about Rockmount not doing too bad by being 1 down all added up to a terrible performance. He did get 2 decisions right. The 2 reds. Before I forget it. Avondale 1 Rockmount 0.

Pundit
16/02/2014, 12:56 PM
Ah glenbuck that's a bit harsh.
Regarding the peno, Danny long got a touch on the ball. Yere player got his shot away. If that player scored ye wouldn't of shouting for the pen.
Tough game on a heavy pitch. Thought Avondale had the upper hand though. Looked comfortable throughout.
Rockmount much better and harder to best since billy came back.

el nino coro
16/02/2014, 1:10 PM
Regarding the peno, Danny long got a touch on the ball. Yere player got his shot away. If that player scored ye wouldn't of shouting for the pen.
Tough game on a heavy pitch. Thought Avondale had the upper hand though. Looked comfortable throughout.
Rockmount much better and harder to best since billy came back.

Are you serious here with the first part of that report??? I genuinely cant stop laughing reading it,your all for honest comments on here and then you come on with that rubbish!

Clifford
16/02/2014, 1:10 PM
Fermoy 1-4 Castleview.

Three exceptionally well taken sec half goals settled this one. Scoreline doesn't reflect what was a very even game but you must take the chances that come yer way. We missed a pen as well at the death.

The Three high profile players they brought in during summer will see them win this league by ten or more. Different gravy altogether. Fair play to them and wish them well in the prem. Battle for second could be entertaining.

Glenbuck
16/02/2014, 1:24 PM
Rockmount much better and harder to best since billy came back. Harsh....I censored my own post so as not to fall foul of the forum admin. You obviosly know nothing about football or the rules of football if you thought that was not a penalty. If Alan scored of course we wouldnt be shouting. Are you mad or what. I think you are yanking my chain here.

Southsider
16/02/2014, 1:43 PM
Did you miss the first 5 minutes Southsider.

No I did not Glenbuck. Your right it looked a penalty from where I was standing aswell. Also looked a handball in your box in the first half aswell so the wheel always turns. I thought Kiely slipped as he was about to tackle for his red card I don't think he meant it at all. And about the referee I didn't think he was as bad as your making out but I can see why he mightn't give you certain decisions with the abuse they take from your line. The abuse he took from Jamsie Corcaran at half time was an absolute disgrace no place in football for the carry on out of Jamsie he was like a rabid dog the way he was barking in his face. Rockmount always try influence the referee but Keith Callanan today wasn't having any of it. Well deserved Avondale win.

Glenbuck
16/02/2014, 2:50 PM
Take this point by point. It certainly was a pen from where anyone was standing. The abuse that a ref takes should not dictate the way he gives decisions. The pen shout for the so called hand ball was half hearted. It came off the top of his shoulder. Davie Kiely was very unlucky but at the end of the day it was a 2 footed tackle and he was off the ground. Maybe the Rockmount assistant was a bit in refs face but after the disgraceful decision he made did he expect any less. I said it earlier and I will stand over it, the referee was terrible this morning. Taking nothing away from Avondale.

el nino coro
16/02/2014, 3:23 PM
No I did not Glenbuck. Your right it looked a penalty from where I was standing aswell. Also looked a handball in your box in the first half aswell so the wheel always turns. I thought Kiely slipped as he was about to tackle for his red card I don't think he meant it at all. And about the referee I didn't think he was as bad as your making out but I can see why he mightn't give you certain decisions with the abuse they take from your line. The abuse he took from Jamsie Corcaran at half time was an absolute disgrace no place in football for the carry on out of Jamsie he was like a rabid dog the way he was barking in his face. Rockmount always try influence the referee but Keith Callanan today wasn't having any of it. Well deserved Avondale win.

A deserved Avondale win YES...does the game take the same course if that incident had been dealt with correctly OBVIOUSLY NOT....Avondale were on the end of an unbelievably fortunate decision (Favour) today,just acknowledge that and move on! Just one more thing I don't normally agree with Mr Glenbuck but on this one I would call it the height of disrespect to Rockmount for the ref to turn around and say "Ye are lucky to be only one down" an absolute disgraceful comment!

El Patron
16/02/2014, 3:36 PM
Unfortunately I couldn't make the match today and from what I have heard I have some sympathy for Rockmount.
However any time I have seen Rockmount play and a decision doesn't go their way they immediately surround the ref in numbers hurling abuse. It's a disgrace and I don't see other teams doing it the same way that Mount do. They must practice it in training. Their mentality is to intimidate ref's, it's the same all the time, always the refs fault, their manager was even sent off v Corinthians for abusing a ref at half time. The rest on the line are at it every week

peterpan
16/02/2014, 3:38 PM
Have to come in on this lads, I was at the game this morning and anybody on here connected with rock mount should hang their heads in Shame with the carry on from both their line and the players. Rock mount try to bully refs and teams and they could do neither this morning. Better team won simple as.

Glenbuck
16/02/2014, 5:14 PM
Have to come in on this lads, I was at the game this morning and anybody on here connected with rock mount should hang their heads in Shame with the carry on from both their line and the players. Rock mount try to bully refs and teams and they could do neither this morning. Better team won simple as. And thats one thing I will never do. Hang my head in shame with anything connected my club. The bottom line is that the referee bottled a huge decision this morning. As Mr El Nino Coro said it defined the match. Are you or were you ever connected with a club or have you ever even togged off. I think if you answer yes to any of those you will understand where these young fellas are coming from. Nobody argued that Avondale did not deserve to win. The debate is about an inadequate performance by the referee. I could show you a half dozen text messages from connections with Avondale saying how surprised they were that a pen was not given. Hang my head ???? You must be joking me.

peterpan
16/02/2014, 5:31 PM
Intimidation is a terrible thing and if rockmount concentrated on their football and less on intimidation they would be far better off. Bully boy tactics as I said. As for me I have played at this level but its been quite a few years but I know I would never be proud to be part of a club that acted the way ye did today.

Glenbuck
16/02/2014, 5:50 PM
And would you be proud if you were the referee. After all this is the burning issue. An inadequate performance by what is percieved to be a top local ref. Seeing that you played at this level are you telling me you never challenged a ref on a very bad decision. Or did you just stay in the background and let others walk the plank. Go away ow dat.

El Patron
16/02/2014, 5:50 PM
The reality here is Rockmount have been doing this for years, intimidating ref's opposition etc, lets face facts they're a very average team, long ball team, with the exception of Brendan and Alan O'Connor nobody worth talking about and their alleged behaviour today shows they have no class, it's all out of frustration that Dale are the top dogs at the moment and they can't handle that. Mount just ain't what they used to be on the pitch but off the pitch very consistent.
Don't blame it on Billy, Don't blame on Alan, Blame it on the Ref

peterpan
16/02/2014, 6:03 PM
That's it exactly el patron always find a scape goat, and for what's its worth I thought the ref had a decent game today. He stood up to the clear rockmount intimidation tactics.

el nino coro
16/02/2014, 6:49 PM
That's it exactly el patron always find a scape goat, and for what's its worth I thought the ref had a decent game today. He stood up to the clear rockmount intimidation tactics.

Had a decent game?? having gotten the games major decision wrong,he had far from a good game,on the other hand he is human and the standard of players in the league will dictate the standard of the referee ...AMATEUR...,everyone makes mistakes he just made a terrible one this morning!

Glenbuck
16/02/2014, 7:17 PM
Well gents it has come to this. This forum is being policed from outside as well. As a result of a phonecall I received earlier I unreservedly apoligise to anyone that I may have offended by any of my posts today. The price of being passionate for your lifetime club. I will be choosing my time on this forum more carefully. Best of luck for the remainder of the season.

pirlo
16/02/2014, 8:20 PM
Well gents it has come to this. This forum is being policed from outside as well. As a result of a phonecall I received earlier I unreservedly apoligise to anyone that I may have offended by any of my posts today. The price of being passionate for your lifetime club. I will be choosing my time on this forum more carefully. Best of luck for the remainder of the season.

That is some disgrace..you are quite entitled to share to opinions on this forum, and to be honest I totally agree with you on this one.

The standard of referee is well below par. Both managers and players commit alot of time and effort into preparations for their weekend fixtures, and its quiet obvious that the refs dont do the same. By this I mean over weight and unfit. I think the league should have another look at this forum, because yet again this debate has come back to haunt us,

corkey121
16/02/2014, 8:30 PM
That is some disgrace..you are quite entitled to share to opinions on this forum, and to be honest I totally agree with you on this one.

The standard of referee is well below par. Both managers and players commit alot of time and effort into preparations for their weekend fixtures, and its quiet obvious that the refs dont do the same. By this I mean over weight and unfit. I think the league should have another look at this forum, because yet again this debate has come back to haunt us,

Caught this game today .keith made a balls of peno decision.but rockmount have the worst line i have ever witnessed.that jamsie c should be f###### out the gate of whitechurch .abuse he gave ref and lino not on.msl officials should ban him for long time.rockmount poor avondale didnt leave first gear .and add chubs hoggy to that team they wnt be bate

Superkeeper
16/02/2014, 8:53 PM
Lads was Jamseysent off if he was that bad in the line?

moonman
16/02/2014, 9:03 PM
Caught this game today .keith made a balls of peno decision.but rockmount have the worst line i have ever witnessed.that jamsie c should be f###### out the gate of whitechurch .abuse he gave ref and lino not on.msl officials should ban him for long time.rockmount poor avondale didnt leave first gear .and add chubs hoggy to that team they wnt be bate

jamesie has been like this for years even back in his junior days over the club and over the oscar traynor side a few years back !!! he never got ****ed out then and i doubt he will now , hes a disgrace to rockmount with the abuse he roars and its on a weekly basis not just today, its about time the league stood up and made and example of him caus no doubt he,ll keep doing it !!!!

Sparky
16/02/2014, 9:27 PM
1. Keith had a poor game and not his first this season. Got the big decisions wrong and you could not talk to him. I still think he is decent usually.
2. Rockmount management should control the line and tell fellas zip it if it's becoming abusive.
3. The Rockmount keeper is embarrassing the way the hole game is about him. Every week he is slowing down the match purposely altho he didn't take off his gloves today
4. I taught Rockmount battled very well but Avondale had too much class in the middle. Both keepers barely made a save
5 best team won on a decent pitch

razor
16/02/2014, 9:34 PM
Got there just before HT so missed the drama but everyone I spoke to agreed the ref got it wrong.
These things happen to refs everywhere, look at Webb today.

I witnessed the abuse the ref took at half time, my 6 year old learned a few new words.
The ref said he did not want to see him in the second half but he did not leave.
Poor poor game.

Dale to play Mary's in Mayfield on Wednesday.

bazzer10
16/02/2014, 9:43 PM
Lads its not just 1 person in the rockmount team its there hole club week in week out every ref and every team know playing against rockmount you get the same bull****. The league should realy sort this its not good for the game.

jimhacker
16/02/2014, 10:44 PM
its there hole club

Exactly!

Goggs
17/02/2014, 7:10 AM
Any match report on the Ucc game.

razor
17/02/2014, 7:38 AM
Any match report on the Ucc game.
Still motoring along in fairness to them.
UCC 7-0 Bandon

old-head
17/02/2014, 9:55 AM
Still motoring along in fairness to them.
UCC 7-0 Bandon
UCC are flying, nearly 40 goals scored in 11 games. Really putting a challenge up this year. First of Avondales games in hand on Wednesday night in Mayfield v's Marys.
Bandon really struggling, looks like it could be them and one other for the drop. Very hard to pick who the other one might be?!!
On the Dale/ Mount game yesterday the ref missed a blatant pen for the Mount but I think his influence on the final outcome is being overplayed from what I saw. There was always only going to be one winner. Sending off made a scrappy game even worse but to be fair Rockmount did well with the 10. Monty best for Rockmount, Caulfield at the heart of everything for Dale...

Pass pass pass
17/02/2014, 4:32 PM
UCC are flying, nearly 40 goals scored in 11 games. Really putting a challenge up this year. First of Avondales games in hand on Wednesday night in Mayfield v's Marys.
Bandon really struggling, looks like it could be them and one other for the drop. Very hard to pick who the other one might be?!!
On the Dale/ Mount game yesterday the ref missed a blatant pen for the Mount but I think his influence on the final outcome is being overplayed from what I saw. There was always only going to be one winner. Sending off made a scrappy game even worse but to be fair Rockmount did well with the 10. Monty best for Rockmount, Caulfield at the heart of everything for Dale...
Spot on here. If mount did get that stonewaller they would have still been beating. Avondale were far superior I thought and just did enough.

fifa
18/02/2014, 8:36 PM
What do people think of the nominees for intermediate player of the year: Martin Cramer,Andrew Neville and Malachy McDermott

moonman
18/02/2014, 8:46 PM
avondale won all round them and josh o shea got msl player of the year and now Neville has got nominated for player of the year , who picks this like bit of a farce if you ask me surely caulfield or marky sull deserved a nomination for this !!!

fifa
18/02/2014, 8:49 PM
I think it's one from each region which in its self is wrong

razor
18/02/2014, 10:49 PM
What do people think of the nominees for intermediate player of the year: Martin Cramer,Andrew Neville and Malachy McDermottit's an absolute farce, nothing changes.

el nino coro
18/02/2014, 11:38 PM
it's an absolute farce, nothing changes.

As the man said!

zico365
19/02/2014, 7:26 AM
avondale won all round them and josh o shea got msl player of the year and now Neville has got nominated for player of the year , who picks this like bit of a farce if you ask me surely caulfield or marky sull deserved a nomination for this !!!

Andrew neville got msl player of the year ...not josh o shea

moonman
19/02/2014, 9:31 AM
Andrew neville got msl player of the year ...not josh o shea

My bad either way he wouldn't lace marky's boots

el nino coro
19/02/2014, 9:40 AM
My bad either way he wouldn't lace marky's boots

Its the premier divison managers that decide this,am i right in saying that?

old-head
19/02/2014, 9:40 AM
it's an absolute farce, nothing changes.

I think the real problem (farce) here is how an Avondale player didn't get MSL player of the year last season (voted by the clubs). They won I think 6 trophies in total!!
We are quick to have a pop here but I'm sure the FAI just looked at who got MSL player of the Year and picked him for their nomination. Not a great system but if the clubs locally had taken their own award seriously then we'd be in a position to throw stones. Good luck to Andrew Neville who is a super player...

razor
19/02/2014, 8:41 PM
Dale 3-1 Mary's FT

Two Touch
21/02/2014, 9:55 AM
Is it that surprising to anyone really that this happened? I'm wondering have they dealt with the blarney mallow issue yet. One rule for some and another for the so called big teams.

Then again better be careful someone might complain us for talking about certain teams.

Finally, a decision from the MSL this week.The points have been awarded to Mallow for this game. They really did need the points to have any remote chance staying up even though it may look unlikely.

The right decision from the MSL even though it took just under 3 months for it to be confirmed.

Mighty almighty
21/02/2014, 1:39 PM
More dictatorship from rockmount today I hear,there game with Midleton called off,best stretch of weather we had,how in god's name is d pitch unplayable,a disgrace by the league bowing to king Cronin again!old ways have resumed it seems!a little birdie tells me missing a lot of players tonight!

old-head
21/02/2014, 2:09 PM
More dictatorship from rockmount today I hear,there game with Midleton called off,best stretch of weather we had,how in god's name is d pitch unplayable,a disgrace by the league bowing to king Cronin again!old ways have resumed it seems!a little birdie tells me missing a lot of players tonight!

Alan O Connor suspended but their next game on the website is Corinthians next weekend. They'll probably get a Cup fixture during the week:)

razor
21/02/2014, 4:30 PM

Surely it should be the referee that deems it unplayable?
Isn't that what happens in every other strand of football?

Superkeeper
21/02/2014, 8:24 PM
There was a junior game on the pitch Tuesday night and the pitch got cut up bad, in fact rockmount were trying to get the junior game off but the referee insisted on playing, so this is complete crap

Mighty almighty
22/02/2014, 8:23 AM
There was a junior game on the pitch Tuesday night and the pitch got cut up bad, in fact rockmount were trying to get the junior game off but the referee insisted on playing, so this is complete crap

3 days to roll a pitch with little or no rain...come on super keeper,rockmount always has good ground-staff,fact is they were missing a lot and Rory bechinor was going to be starting,straight out of retirement.tells its own story.any game that is dodgy and the weather has been notably fine should be inspected by referee,would stamp out what I would class as cheating,surely the league are under pressure to get games played,but the big pressure came from rockmount again,one rule for others and a different for rockmount.

Superkeeper
22/02/2014, 11:44 AM
And what do you think drags the roller around a pitch ? A tractor !! Wake up your not in the real world!

man of mystery
23/02/2014, 7:52 AM
Blarney 3-2 ringmahon, a woeful performance for ringmahon in a game they really needed to win, weather was bad but no excuse really was the same for both teams, they left in 3 bad goals that could of easily been avoided, doesn't get any easier for them away to carrigaline next week, castleview and carrigaline for promotion now for me