PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

the hawk
20/08/2013, 8:58 PM
Every club has internal problems but these players left as none of them have loyalty and were only worried about winning trophys .Sure some had even agreed to join Douglas hall even before they passage were relegated from senior
Same as the cobh lads ,no one cares about the clubs all they want is to win trophys

Now look at passage
Senior team pulled ,now highest team is munster junior 1a
Barely a youths team as the hall have POACHED MOST OF THEM

Coakley would be the 5th

Thebeanosarebac
20/08/2013, 9:00 PM
Anybody fancy a friendly Saturday send me a message

the hawk
20/08/2013, 9:04 PM
Sorry coakley would make it 6
James o leary palyed youths with Douglas hall but was passage schoolboys and was passage senior till he got injured
As coro said Podge jumped ship faster than the captain of the concordia
Mc Garry and prout were hibs but no schoolboy teams only reason they left

Every player named above has no loyalty

Blackandwhite
20/08/2013, 9:10 PM
Every club has internal problems but these players left as none of them have loyalty and were only worried about winning trophys .Sure some had even agreed to join Douglas hall even before they passage were relegated from senior
Same as the cobh lads ,no one cares about the clubs all they want is to win trophys

Now look at passage
Senior team pulled ,now highest team is munster junior 1a
Barely a youths team as the hall have POACHED MOST OF THEM

Coakley would be the 5th

Where do you get your dopey allegations. Ill give you an example. A passage player born and bred didnt want to play senior because he didn't like the way the senior team was run. He had no problem playing passage junior, was told he wasn't allowed play junior and had to play senior. If they used their head, let him play junior and ask him to help out the senior team whenever. Same forms but they wanted him to play junior. So why would he stay for crap like that. That is FACT. As off youth players being poached that's bull. The hall have enough school boys to fill their own teams.

the hawk
20/08/2013, 9:21 PM
Well if he was passage born and bred then he would of known that the club rule and has been since the club was found
If your asked to play senior and you refuse ,then you are not allowed play junior

So instead of being a baby why didnt he just suck it up and play senior and the following season if its still the same
Tell the manager he is not happy and give him adequate time to replace the player

Players walk around with egos on them thinking they know how clubs should be run

since we all know your a hall man why don;t you check how many passage players have played youths in the last 3 years

double digits at least

Blackandwhite
20/08/2013, 9:30 PM
[QUOTE=the hawk;1704572]Well if he was passage born and bred then he would of known that the club rule and has been since the club was found
If your asked to play senior and you refuse ,then you are not allowed play junior

So instead of being a baby why didnt he just suck it up and play senior and the following season if its still the same
Tell the manager he is not happy and give him adequate time to replace the player

Players walk around with egos on them thinking they know how clubs should be run
Maybe you'll come back to passage one day[/

So the senior team was bring run to the ground by certain trouble makers and the managers didnt have the courage to drop them. He didnt want to play senior and spoke up about it They didn't listen so he left to ENJOY his football elsewhere. What's wrong with that. Do you play for passage or something. Is that why you have the hump with Douglas hall. Are you ****ed off no-one had asked you to join their team. Aw poor baby.

tricksey
20/08/2013, 10:18 PM
In fairness coro the two longs are both ballvolane celtic players ,chubbs is a cobh wanders man,Mc carthy is tramore ,podge is passage ,kev mul was thrown out of the hall so all those players who left were taken from there original clubs by clubs they left so you could say there loyalty was gone even before they left

To be honest lads nobody remembers the played who played for only 1 club .everybody remembers the winners

Out of the all the clubs there is not many who can say all our players are home grown

Look how may schoolboys Douglas hall take from nearby clubs every year
Look how many marys players rockmount have taken ,same for castleview taking temple players
Unless the rules are made like the gaa ,then you cant have loyalty in football

Hawk Danny long played with Ballypheane celtic in between everton stints and Roy never played for them just Kilreen and Everton from 15s up.

Blackandwhite
20/08/2013, 10:22 PM
Hawk Danny long played with Ballypheane celtic in between everton stints and Roy never played for them just Kilreen and Everton from 15s up.

Sure he thinks he knows everything. Only because his precious passage are in the horrors internally for the last few years he stars blaming other teams. There lucky they have adult teams this year. The ferry arms were putting in a team and they were suppose to take alot of players from passage afc

Southsider
21/08/2013, 8:34 AM

I'd say if Kilreen had a Senior team both would head straight back. Kilreen would be there first club and would choose them over any other if they played at the top level.
I don't understand people giving out and moaning against players who are going to play at a better team/level.
Football isn't GAA and never will be so your entitled to move clubs. Although I'd love to see it happen that most players play with there local team. It won't ever happen.

Clifford
22/08/2013, 8:36 PM
Fermoy 1-0 Ringmahon.

Pen in the 90 min settled this battle. Good high tempo to the game. All ringmahon for the first 20, all Fermoy for the rest of the 1st half. Both sides missed gilt edged chances. Fermoy were more dominant in the sec half but only created a few chances whereas Mahon had two great chances which were missed.

Good pressure on their CB in the last min saw Alan mc go clean through, last man got to him as he was about to shoot but cleaned him out. Pen and a red card, Kurt scored the pen.

Football is back. I love it and missed it.

wesleyBHFC
23/08/2013, 1:02 PM
football is back. best to luck to everyone over the coming months!

el nino coro
24/08/2013, 12:04 AM
Midleton 1-1 Hall

Thebeanosarebac
24/08/2013, 12:32 AM
Bad game

el nino coro
24/08/2013, 10:33 AM
Think the hall might get relegated this year

mardyke
24/08/2013, 10:39 AM
Both could go down watching last nights performance. Very poor indeed. Were either team missing many players?

pirlo
24/08/2013, 1:46 PM
Heading for Avondale park to check out the Avondale and their new management team.
Wonder how strong Mary's will be this year?

Mighty almighty
24/08/2013, 2:00 PM
Both could go down watching last nights performance. Very poor indeed. Were either team missing many players?

Agreed wasnt greatest game in the world,believe Midleton wer missing 6 from there panel,don't ask me who but i no Knowlsy wasn't there anyway because he had the flue.but defenitely were missing alot from pre-season games,some registrations waiting to go through I was told last night.

Sparky
24/08/2013, 2:40 PM
Any updates around today lads? Great that season is back up and running!

tricksey
24/08/2013, 5:01 PM
Any updates around today lads? Great that season is back up and running!

Ah Lads don't be shy with the match reports .

razor
24/08/2013, 5:33 PM
Ah Lads don't be shy with the match reports .
Dale beat Mary's 2-0, Ray Lally got the first and a 2nd half penalty wrapped it up.

peterpan
24/08/2013, 5:53 PM
What team did the dale have out razor?

razor
24/08/2013, 10:10 PM
What team did the dale have out razor?
There's a few new faces but usuals included Podge, Hoggie, Deccie, Loughie, Fox and Karl.
Liam Kearney played up front with Ray Lally.
Only ever saw Lally play at left back before so they must have been short, neither Longs played.
American ref did alright but could have done with linesmen for the offsides.

Mighty almighty
24/08/2013, 11:22 PM
There's a few new faces but usuals included Podge, Hoggie, Deccie, Loughie, Fox and Karl.
Liam Kearney played up front with Ray Lally.
Only ever saw Lally play at left back before so they must have been short, neither Longs played.
American ref did alright but could have done with linesmen for the offsides.

First time Avondale had to rely on cork city players on loan to field a team....interesting,what will happen when Kearney is needed ????

razor
24/08/2013, 11:23 PM
First time Avondale had to rely on cork city players on loan to field a team....interesting,what will happen when Kearney is needed ????
What are you talking about?
These lads are not Cork City players, they have signed for Avondale

Mighty almighty
25/08/2013, 6:22 AM
What are you talking about?
These lads are not Cork City players, they have signed for Avondale

Lally,Kearney on loan- cork city players - yes?

Eric
25/08/2013, 9:55 AM
Kearney and Lally are not on loan from City. They're EX city players, not current.

el nino coro
25/08/2013, 10:14 AM
Castleview 2-2 Leeside,view left it after them,all in all a good run out before the real deal starts in 2 weeks time

Two Touch
25/08/2013, 11:16 AM
Mallow V Blarney called off at a very late stage. Apparently the MSL had not received proof of registration for Mallow's players before the game,( despite it being posted to them before the game) & called it off as a result. I'm also told that they called off the Mallow Jnr game for the same reason. Quite a hard stance by the league I think giving how some other teams throughout the 3 divisions are prehaps struggling to put together teams & the league provides help to these other teams by re-arranging fixtures etc. By all accounts, Mallow are NOT struggling to put together a senior team & yet the league deems it necessary to call the game off & award the game to Blarney. Very, very disappointing for the Mallow players & management i'm told.

old-head
25/08/2013, 12:13 PM
Mallow V Blarney called off at a very late stage. Apparently the MSL had not received proof of registration for Mallow's players before the game,( despite it being posted to them before the game) & called it off as a result. I'm also told that they called off the Mallow Jnr game for the same reason. Quite a hard stance by the league I think giving how some other teams throughout the 3 divisions are prehaps struggling to put together teams & the league provides help to these other teams by re-arranging fixtures etc. By all accounts, Mallow are NOT struggling to put together a senior team & yet the league deems it necessary to call the game off & award the game to Blarney. Very, very disappointing for the Mallow players & management i'm told.
Did Mallow attend the registration night & the delegate meeting. Registration rules were fairly clear. Pity though, It's a very frustrating/ messy way to start the season...

Two Touch
25/08/2013, 12:30 PM
Did Mallow attend the registration night & the delegate meeting. Registration rules were fairly clear. Pity though, It's a very frustrating/ messy way to start the season...

I couldn't answer that Old Head. I do agree with you though that it is a messy way to start the league. Those 2 fixtures being called off affect between 50-60 players over the 4 teams affected & I would imagine that each team would have been looking forward to starting the season yesterday. All I will say is that, from what I know, registration forms were signed by each player during the week & would have been sent to the league before the yesterdays games. I would imagine that the club would have proof of postage etc. A very disappointing way for any club to have to start any season & my own opinion is that the league should have shown some level of understanding for the situation.

tricksey
25/08/2013, 1:28 PM
I couldn't answer that Old Head. I do agree with you though that it is a messy way to start the league. Those 2 fixtures being called off affect between 50-60 players over the 4 teams affected & I would imagine that each team would have been looking forward to starting the season yesterday. All I will say is that, from what I know, registration forms were signed by each player during the week & would have been sent to the league before the yesterdays games. I would imagine that the club would have proof of postage etc. A very disappointing way for any club to have to start any season & my own opinion is that the league should have shown some level of understanding for the situation.

Are they going to be left play Tuesday night ?

Two Touch
25/08/2013, 2:56 PM
Are they going to be left play Tuesday night ?

From what I was told, yes. I think it just affected the Blarney game. I hope the league will continue to enforce the rules & regulations just as forcefully for all teams now for the season ahead but if my experience of the MSL is anything to go by, depends who you know & who you are.

Thebeanosarebac
25/08/2013, 2:56 PM
This is a joke,Rockmounth dont play their First keane Cup game until the 3rd of septemper!!! Starting date for the rest of us was 22nd of August,how can they justify this? Very unfair that they take the points off mallow,one rule for the big clubs it seems and another for the rest of us.

Superkeeper
25/08/2013, 4:01 PM
Not that they can do anything bout it but this suits rockmount down to the ground with the change in management etc...

Two Touch
25/08/2013, 5:03 PM
This is a joke,Rockmounth dont play their First keane Cup game until the 3rd of septemper!!! Starting date for the rest of us was 22nd of August,how can they justify this? Very unfair that they take the points off mallow,one rule for the big clubs it seems and another for the rest of us.

Nail.on.head. Always has been & always will be. The league of course can try & deny it all they want but this situation sums it up.

Two Touch
25/08/2013, 5:07 PM
Not that they can do anything bout it but this suits rockmount down to the ground with the change in management etc...

How do you think it might look if it turned out Rockmount had requested that their opening fixtures be changed due to their 'circumstances'???

Mighty almighty
25/08/2013, 5:37 PM
How do you think it might look if it turned out Rockmount had requested that their opening fixtures be changed due to their 'circumstances'???

The billy Cronin factor is back :-)

mayfield utd
25/08/2013, 7:38 PM
i think your looking at this the wrong way,i'm sure rockmount requested time to sign players cos i'm sure the seniors haven't got enough players to field a team yet,and as someone said a few post back they don't have a junior or youth team to dip into, would you prefer they show up for a game this weekend with 7 or 8 players.i have no problem with ANY team requesting this,as for mallow they didn't requested time to field a team cos they have a full team,they must have sent the forms off to late and the msl didn't get them by the deadline which is surely mallow own fault.giving the game to blarney was a bit hard on mallow but still mallow own fault.our seniors drew 0-0 away to everton which was a good result since we had a lot of the under 19's playing

Two Touch
25/08/2013, 7:53 PM
i think your looking at this the wrong way,i'm sure rockmount requested time to sign players cos i'm sure the seniors haven't got enough players to field a team yet,and as someone said a few post back they don't have a junior or youth team to dip into, would you prefer they show up for a game this weekend with 7 or 8 players.i have no problem with ANY team requesting this,as for mallow they didn't requested time to field a team cos they have a full team,they must have sent the forms off to late and the msl didn't get them by the deadline which is surely mallow own fault.giving the game to blarney was a bit hard on mallow but still mallow own fault.our seniors drew 0-0 away to everton which was a good result since we had a lot of the under 19's playing
Your prob right when you say that an element of blame lies with mallow themselves. I would still feel that awarding the game to blarney was not the correct decision and that the game should have been re-fixed giving home advantage to blarney.however,some some of the MSL decisions over the years have difficult to understand.

bullet
25/08/2013, 9:38 PM
Watched the Leeside game versus Castleview on sat and Castleview were the better team in the first half but Leeside in the 2nd half, it looked to me like Leeside missing alot with at least 4 of there junior team from last year playing and also im sure its a team made up of all local players which is always good to see.

littleman
25/08/2013, 10:09 PM
In releation to giving a side a bit of leigh way then the MSL should be commended for doing all it can to help clubs going through tough times. I personally have been in the position where a club secretary rang me to say they couldnt field a team an i then rang the league secretary to say we would have no issue not playing the game till the club in questuon could sort themselves out. Its only a game lads an a win in those situations means nothing, rather the clubs get a chance to sort things out,it could happen to any of us.

Dixie's Cousin
26/08/2013, 9:17 AM
Spot on Littleman, it's nice to be nice and all of us can be that position

Thebeanosarebac
26/08/2013, 9:47 AM
In releation to giving a side a bit of leigh way then the MSL should be commended for doing all it can to help clubs going through tough times. I personally have been in the position where a club secretary rang me to say they couldnt field a team an i then rang the league secretary to say we would have no issue not playing the game till the club in questuon could sort themselves out. Its only a game lads an a win in those situations means nothing, rather the clubs get a chance to sort things out,it could happen to any of us.Im all for helping out clubs little man especially in theses times when clubs are struggling but it should be right acrooss the board not just one or two clubs here and there. Rockmounth should of been kept out of the Keane cup and left to sort themselves out for the league.The first league games start on the same week they play their first keane cup game when malmost all teams will have finished their group games.

mayfield utd
26/08/2013, 6:03 PM
i could be wrong here but didn't the league give garryduff some extra time to get a team together a few years back,i don't know if they played in the keane cup or not that year.

mayfield utd
26/08/2013, 6:07 PM
exactly, teams base their pre season on keane cup games so now some teams are behing because the league are doing rockmount a favour..asking them to step aside from the keane cup but allowing them time to get ready for the league would have been more than fair. you would have to feel sorry for whatever guy in mallow forgot to post off the forms as im sure internally hes probably getting a lot of flak. the league obviously knew this before the games kicked off so surely some compromise could have been reached what would you have the league do,if they kicked rockmount out of the keane cup all the teams in rockmount group would still be a game behind on there pre season as you say

Thebeanosarebac
26/08/2013, 8:45 PM
I just heard there that the transfer window is being kept open for an extra week so billy can Raid a few more clubs!

six-yard-box
27/08/2013, 11:38 AM
i could be wrong here but didn't the league give garryduff some extra time to get a team together a few years back,i don't know if they played in the keane cup or not that year.
spot on i played with garryduff then. we pulled out of the keane cup all together to try get a team together for the league.

el nino coro
27/08/2013, 1:49 PM

Billy obviously asked for time which once granted is an absolute disgrace,what a shambles that is

Take-a-bow
27/08/2013, 8:10 PM
Casement 3-1 winners agaisnt mallow tonight,great football being played.good strong squad put together out there.

happyfeet
27/08/2013, 9:05 PM
Casement 3-1 winners agaisnt mallow tonight,great football being played.good strong squad put together out there. who scored for casement take-a-bow