PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

BillysBoots
05/02/2007, 5:34 PM
Fair play to Ken Hoey, well deserved by all accounts.

Fair play indeed, exceptional Player!!

BobbyBoy
07/02/2007, 10:58 AM
So lads What ye think whoses gonna win. And Whose going down.

Shilts
07/02/2007, 12:30 PM
So lads What ye think whoses gonna win. And Whose going down.

For what my opinion is worth...

Rockmount to retain their title. Avondale 2nd

Bankers to be relegated College Corinthians and Tramore Athletic and a dogfight between Blarney United and Carrigaline United for the 3rd last spot, with Blarney to stay up I'd say.

Cherry Orchard for the FAI Intermediate Cup

Clifford
07/02/2007, 3:28 PM
Welcome Bobby Boy,

How goes it? What club you rootin for? Don't be shy....like Shilts...

Good question. It's been such a broken season it's difficult to find any kind of consistancy in performances. Hopefully there will be a run of games now for all clubs, seeing there are only 2 clubs left in the Intermediate cup.

Lot's of games will have to be made up as usual when evening matches come back and that normally hurts clubs who find it hard to get lads off work etc. for 2/3 games a week.

For what it's worth I have to back my boys Rockmount to retain the title, I'd luv it if we can repeat the feat this season. With a lot of luck, application and wind it may happen again, but lot's of twists and turns yet I fear. Without doubt though, it's very open again this season. Mayfield have thrown up a few surprises already, expect more from them now that they are concentrating on the league. Castleview have games in hand and on the basis that Billy's Boots says they were missing 3 last weekend they will be stronger when they all come back...worth a punt also. Avondale will have to concentrate again on the Intermediate latter stages I reckon so it may distract from their league campaign.

I'll guess at the top three beign Mayfield, Rockmount, Castleview in no particular order.

I'll plum for Rockmount to win the Munster Senior Cup, ha ha.

I'll go for Avondale to retain the FAI Intermediate cup, but won't shed any tears if a Donegal team wins it cos of a loon I once met from up that side of the planet.

Going down this season will surely be the College Cors and Tramore, to be joined by....hmmmm....Everton in a shock collapse between now and May. :eek:

BobbyBoy
07/02/2007, 3:47 PM
I'll keep my team to myself for the moment we'll see how the rest of the season goes. Surely Everton arent gonna go. They have a good team and can put results together. Big one for Cors and Tramore at the weekend even tho ye have written them off a string of results for either could change things. Cors inter cup run is impressive and tramore have carved results against big teams but flopped against so call lower clubs.

I'd say League is between Mayfield and Mount. Although u never no!! Did john K leave View For cobh??

Clifford
07/02/2007, 4:02 PM
You can't keep it to yerself and then blast our opinions. That's cheating.

I only threw in Everton as a bit of a laugh really, who knows what will happen. Of course Tramore and College C are good enough to come good, but there is a big gap and no games in hand at the moment, so it looks odds on to be fair.

I heard he did go to Cobh, but I was once wrong (in a past life of course)(There was a blue moon that day)

Shilts
08/02/2007, 10:01 AM
Corinthians v Kildrum Tigers
Cherry Orchard v Avondale

Corinthians luck in the cup continues with another good draw. However I predict a draw with Cors to go out in the replay. The tie of the round has to be Avondale's trip to Dublin. I believe the cup winner will come from this tie and home advantage could be the factor to shade it for the hotly fancied Cherry Orchard side. No Cork side in the semis (3 last year) - watcha think?

As for what side in the MSL I support... I'm pretty neutral... I don't get to enough games to be a fan of any one team. :ball:

harpskid
08/02/2007, 1:41 PM
Jesus lads another Cork side for us and we're away this time :(

Looking forward to it. Corinthians seem to be doing pretty badly in the league, but they can't be too bad when they're sitting in the last eight of the Int Cup.

Can we expect a tough game from them?

Clifford
08/02/2007, 9:17 PM
You can certainly expect a tough game from them, not sure why there league form has dropped, always a top 6 side and comfortable in the league. As mentioned before it's been a very broken season down here with long gaps bewtween games and lot's of clubs finding it difficult to get momentum going.

I'd be looking forward to that game as a very close match, you lot might be favourites after beating Douglas hall, but they are at home so who know's??

Clifford
08/02/2007, 9:22 PM
As for what side in the MSL I support... I'm pretty neutral... I don't get to enough games to be a fan of any one team. :ball:

Fair enough Shilt's - I don't believe ya, but fair enough...:D

BobbyBoy
11/02/2007, 9:28 PM
Whats Happened this weekend??? View 0-7 Everton What happened?? Mount wit another good one but was to be expected. Blarney Hammered Mayfield. heard mayfield didnt wanna know bout it.

Hall still goin good Ucc not ment to be great. Tramore came from 1 down to put a bit of breathin space at the bottom but not much.

Still cant believe View

Shilts
12/02/2007, 10:36 AM
Going down this season will surely be the College Cors and Tramore, to be joined by....hmmmm....Everton in a shock collapse between now and May.

Did Everton pin your prediction on the dressing room wall before they 'collapsed' to a seven nil away victory against Castleview???
Make sure to post some tips for Cheltenham!!! HAHA!!!

I must say that nobody could've predicted that result. Does it put Everton in the running as possible title contenders???

Clifford
12/02/2007, 1:02 PM
Did Everton pin your prediction on the dressing room wall before they 'collapsed' to a seven nil away victory against Castleview???
Make sure to post some tips for Cheltenham!!! HAHA!!!

I must say that nobody could've predicted that result. Does it put Everton in the running as possible title contenders???

I knew that would wake them up a bit. Ha ha, heard the result yesterday and immediatly thought of that post, superb. That one result won't change too much, a one off freak scoreline against Castleview's junior team is I'm sure what Billy's Boots will tell us.

Mount comfortable at home in a 2-0 win. Pat Keane and the Beech with a spotter after some Yelvy magic led to a foul. No matter what happens it's great to have games every week again, tough one away to Blarney next weekend for Mount.

I predict a horse will win at Cheltenham..

razor
12/02/2007, 8:59 PM
Avondales game away to Ringmahon was cancelled on Saturday wich meant full flight for the pigeons to get everyone to Bishopstown for a friendly against Cork City yesterday which ended 0-0.
Think its Corinthians at home next week.
Wheres Billy? What in Gods name happened?

Clifford
14/02/2007, 2:03 PM
Avondales game away to Ringmahon was cancelled on Saturday wich meant full flight for the pigeons to get everyone to Bishopstown for a friendly against Cork City yesterday which ended 0-0.
Think its Corinthians at home next week.
Wheres Billy? What in Gods name happened?

Billy won't be around after a spanking like that will he...

Amazing how the pigeons are able to get the job done when it's against the weaker teams. I understand...

razor
14/02/2007, 9:24 PM
Amazing how the pigeons are able to get the job done when it's against te weaker teams. I understand...Unfortunately not all the pigeons made it and Dale had to field a weakened team against City. Should have won it too.

Corinthians at home next Saturday, hope theres a few goals. ;)

razor
18/02/2007, 12:29 PM
Avondale Utd 2-0 College Corinthians
Poor game, both sides were awful. win is a win i guess.
Heard Castleview drew 2-2 with Carrigaline.

razor
18/02/2007, 7:43 PM
....hmmmm....Everton in a shock collapse between now and May. :eek:Everton 2-0 Douglas Hall today, Everton are top of the MSL tonight.
They must read this site. :D

Nice to see the MSL website being updated regularly.
http://www.munsterseniorleague.ie

Clifford
18/02/2007, 10:34 PM
So Billy, how much is it worth for me now to predict that Castleview will go down? It might inspire them like it has done Everton. You can pin it up in the dressing room.

50 euro for the thought and 50 more when View win the league.

No game for Mount this weekend as Blarney was deemed unplayable yesterday.

You'd be amazed who reads this Razor by the way, maybe it's no co-incidence that Everton are flying (insert music to x-files here). Lurkers paradise it is with all those newcomers hiding their clubs from us.

BobbyBoy
19/02/2007, 10:34 AM
We're just intimidated by razor and yourself bullying us if we say!!!;-)

View would want to improve alright but can see them going down. UCC 1 all wit mayfield in mayfield not a bad on for the Students.

Any news on this weekends fixtures?

Clifford
19/02/2007, 11:47 AM
Ha ha, I'd struggle to bully a 4 year old. Can't speak for Razor, but he stands with all the Avondale Ultras so I'd be keeping my distance from him when it all kicks off.

View would want to improve alright but can see them going down

Naw can't see em going down myself, they should be ok.

Avondale No1
19/02/2007, 7:14 PM
Well done to Avondale MSL junior team who hammered a very good Rockmount side 5-0 at Rockmount Park yesterday.:D Willie O'Keeffe and Sticky are doing a fine job since winning promotion last season. Gary O'Donovan with two goals. Also watched Avondale seniors defeat Corinthians on Saturday. John Cotter scored a peach of a free kick in the first minute and Michael Kearnan scored a clever second. Very scrappy match however. Corinthains are just awful. How they managed to get to the quarter finals of the FAI cup is beyond me. Former Dale player Shane Hennessy (Wanchop) played centre back:confused: He could never be classed as a defensive player. A shame to see it but they are in dire straights. It might not be too easy to come straight back up either.

Worldcup
19/02/2007, 8:13 PM
Well done to Avondale MSL junior team who hammered a very good Rockmount side 5-0 at Rockmount Park yesterday.:D Willie O'Keeffe and Sticky are doing a fine job since winning promotion last season. Gary O'Donovan with two goals. Also watched Avondale seniors defeat Corinthians on Saturday. John Cotter scored a peach of a free kick in the first minute and Michael Kearnan scored a clever second. Very scrappy match however. Corinthains are just awful. How they managed to get to the quarter finals of the FAI cup is beyond me. Former Dale player Shane Hennessy (Wanchop) played centre back:confused: He could never be classed as a defensive player. A shame to see it but they are in dire straights. It might not be too easy to come straight back up either.Bet Jamesie was shouting and roaring at his players after they got hammered and at that rockmount were at home......:rolleyes:

Avondale No1
19/02/2007, 8:35 PM
Bet Jamesie was shouting and roaring at his players after they got hammered and at that rockmount were at home......:rolleyes:

Wasn't too bad. Seemed to be in a state of shock in the end. I don't think Rockmount had too many complaints about thr result. It could have been more:o

Clifford
20/02/2007, 9:37 AM
No need to flush Avondale 1 out of the woodwork like the rest of the gang eh, colours nailed firmly to the mast thank God - can you tell the rest of the lurkers it ain't all that hard! The more the merrier on this thread, we surely have more looking in for Billy's Boots wit and wisdom (if he ever comes back to us)

Welcome A1, good start. Can't imagine Wanchope at the back either, things must be tough, but a good intermediate cup run is always a boost to a club.

That's some result for the Juniors, can't see Jamsie enjoying that, but like all good teams I know Mount will bounce back and win their games in hand to go back to the top.

Worldcup
20/02/2007, 6:34 PM
Wasn't too bad. Seemed to be in a state of shock in the end. I don't think Rockmount had too many complaints about thr result. It could have been more:oBet he will run the ball's off them at training.Poor lad's having to listen to him week in week out Shouting...

:p

razor
20/02/2007, 7:18 PM
Can't speak for Razor, but he stands with all the Avondale UltrasAnd i'm the youngest by a good 30 years :D

Think its Beamish Cup next weekend.
Dale away to Ringmahon on Sunday.

Clifford
21/02/2007, 9:53 AM
Rockmount at home to Waterford united in the Munster Senior Cup at 2 o clock on Sunday.

Should be a good game.

razor
25/02/2007, 8:15 PM
Ringmahon 2-3 Avondale Utd
Dale rested 6 or 7, more comfortable than the score suggests.

Clifford
26/02/2007, 9:29 AM
Morning all,

Good weekend?

Rockmount lost 2-1 aet to Waterford united in the Munster Senior cup. Led 1-0 from the 1st min to the 89th. They levelled it up on the full time whistle and then in the last mins of extra time the ref rescued them from pens by awarding a shocking pen. Duly slotted and Waterford scrape through.

Less said the better as I might face FA action if I went into a rant about the stupid, moronic, ignorant, thick, cheating, dishonest, scumbag ref and assistant ref's. So I won't have a go at the c***s, honest.

Clifford
26/02/2007, 9:35 AM
Munster Senior Cup quarter final
Rockmount 1 Waterford Utd 2 (aet)

Beamish Stout Senior Cup 1st round
College Corinthians 5 Cobh Wanderers 2 (aet);
Ringmahon Rgs 2 Avondale Utd 3;
Castleview 3 Mallow Utd 3 (Mallow won 4-2 on pens);
Glasheen 1 Temple Utd 1 (Glasheen won 5-4 on pens).

Oh dear Castleview, don't suppose Billy's B will be back this week either then, come on Billy, come back to us.

Avondale No1
26/02/2007, 12:19 PM
Ringmahon 2-3 Avondale Utd
Dale rested 6 or 7, more comfortable than the score suggests.

Avondale should have won by a lot more in the end. Derek McCarthy would have scored only for a phantom whistler on the Ring Mahon touch line who blew when he beat the offside trap only to stop and pick the ball up thinking the ref had blown for offside. The wind also picked up in the second half and the use of the long throw by SOD allowed Ring Mahon to put presure late on. Still a good performance given that it was a changed side with many players rested with a view to the FAI cup match on Sunday.

I think we can expect a difficult game next Sunday against Cherry Orchard. But like last season we don't have anything to fear on the road. The team are going up the night before and staying in a hotel in Dublin. I'm backing the Dale to come through maybe after a replay.

No junior match last weekend. At home to Midleton this Saturday. Should take the three points on offer here.

obwon
26/02/2007, 1:28 PM
Avondale number 1 - some info for ya on the mighty orchard..They have beaten us 3-2 at the start of the season when we were only gelling..we took them in January in their own place 2-0 and they had one shot on goal..
Their pitch is not too bad flat but dressing room is a container which you cudnt swing a cat in and they have 2 to themselves..very sore losers when things are not going right..here's the lowdown..
keeper - young lad like a vampire afraid of crosses.
RF - Sullivan loves a tackle comfortable on a ball doesnt like tricky wingers
CH - Mcnevin Good in the air not great on the deck
CH - Sliney heavy lad reads game well not very quick though
LF - Stephen Barry youll know him kicks off the ball will try and have one of your lads lash out very experienced loves an elbow..
RM - Alan Mcnevin decent strong on the ball very direct
CM - Alan Kelly wallpasser but shys away from tackles dodgy knee
CM - O'Halloran/Ian Maher/Robbe Shields - First fella not very agile but good vision,second lad very strong in the air excellent all round,little maradona very quick feet hates a tackle though.
LF - O'Meara - Big eared lad very direct like alan mcnevin great strike of a ball
CF - Philip Sheppard - Small fast player scored about 25 goals already keep him quiet and you will have a great chance of winning the game.
CF - Emmet - Tall target man good on ground and air..tough opponent.

Key to beating them you must get first goal..and get in amongst them their manager somerville will then lose the plot puch centre half up front and the shape will be lost..

Gud Luck..

Clifford
26/02/2007, 3:20 PM
And that, as they say, is how to prepare a team about their opponents. Excellent work obwon, good luck Dale.

obwon
26/02/2007, 3:46 PM
any more info required let me know..everybody in dublin will be willing to help cos we all hate the Orchard..

Clifford
26/02/2007, 4:13 PM
everybody in dublin will be willing to help cos we all hate the Orchard..

Sticks tongue firmly into cheek, set's up joke, must resist, must resist, don't do it, gives in and does it anyway

...just like Dale down here in Cork then...ha ha.

Awaits backlash and runs for cover

razor
26/02/2007, 6:07 PM
Less said the better as I might face FA action if I went into a rant about the stupid, moronic, ignorant, thick, cheating, dishonest, scumbag ref and assistant ref's. So I won't have a go at the c***s, honest.You're better off, it would go completely against the Rockmount ethos of being sore losers. :eek:

...just like Dale down here in Cork then...ha ha.I'm leaving you off cos I know you don't really mean it. :D

Avondale No1
26/02/2007, 6:52 PM
any more info required let me know..everybody in dublin will be willing to help cos we all hate the Orchard..

Thanks for info obwon. That could prove to be a very useful piece of info. I can rest a little easier with that knowledge.:cool:

Looking forward to a good game of football on Sunday and hopefully the journey back to Cork will be in the celebratory style that we have become accustomed to over the past few years. Come on the Dale:D

Avondale No1
26/02/2007, 6:55 PM
...just like Dale down here in Cork then...ha ha.

Awaits backlash and runs for cover[/QUOTE]

Water off a ducks back. Well used to it at this stage. :D

Clifford
27/02/2007, 8:52 AM
Taken in the spirit it was meant gents, I like it. :p

Rockmount away to Blarney this weekend at 2/2.30 on Saturday.

How do people feel the linesmen are getting on in the games since it's introduction? I'm happy enough in general, aside from last Sunday. But it seems to be helping in the league games. Obviously there will be howlers along the way, but got to be an improvement in the long run.

BillysBoots
01/03/2007, 12:48 PM
Munster Senior Cup quarter final
Rockmount 1 Waterford Utd 2 (aet)

Beamish Stout Senior Cup 1st round
Castleview 3 Mallow Utd 3 (Mallow won 4-2 on pens);

Oh dear Castleview, don't suppose Billy's B will be back this week either then, come on Billy, come back to us.

I know it looks bad...no not the results, but my disappearance since the Castleview collapse. I was out of the country for the last few weeks. Anyway there is no great mystery to Castleviews apparent fall from grace. There are loads of excuses and a number of reasons but hey, That's Football.

Clifford
01/03/2007, 1:28 PM
I know it looks bad...no not the results, but my disappearance since the Castleview collapse. I was out of the country for the last few weeks. Anyway there is no great mystery to Castleviews apparent fall from grace. There are loads of excuses and a number of reasons but hey, That's Football.

Welcome back BB, hope all went well for ya. Now that your back they will start winning again I'm sure.

BillysBoots
01/03/2007, 2:19 PM
Welcome back BB, hope all went well for ya. Now that your back they will start winning again I'm sure.

I'm sure....Not!! It looks like Rockmount have nothing but collect their Medals in May!

Clifford
01/03/2007, 3:32 PM
I'm sure....Not!! It looks like Rockmount have nothing but collect their Medals in May!

Well I wouldn't say no if you could get the MSL to end it now and give out the prizes, but that's not the way it's done and I can see loads of twists and turns from here on in. Fingers crossed. I'm honoured though that if View can't win it your support goes to Rockmount, sound. :p

Clifford
03/03/2007, 11:42 AM
Blarney Swamp must be bad game off again vs Rockmount, how many times can a club call a game off?

Avondale No1
05/03/2007, 12:45 PM
Blarney Swamp must be bad game off again vs Rockmount, how many times can a club call a game off?

It won't matter how many times they call a game off because it is a league game. Different if it was a cup match. However the MSL can transfer the fixture to the other teams ground if they haven't played here yet.

Speaking of called off games Avondale turned up at Cherry Orchards home ground at 12.40 yesterday to be told that the game was called off. The ref deemed it unplayable after an inspection. I think this should have been called a lot earlier than this. Everyone knew the weather forcast was bad for Sunday and it is obvious from looking at the condition of the pitch that it can't hold the rain. I don't think it would have happened if it was a Dublin team travelling. Game has been refixed for next Sunday at 2pm. Expensive couple of weekends for the club I would think.

The juniors beat Midleton 6-1 on Saturday with Willie O'Keeffe netting a hatrick.

Clifford
08/03/2007, 12:01 PM
Rockmount v Mayfield, Rockmount park, Sunday morning 10.45

Tough game, hope conditions are good.

Wuzza Wuzza
08/03/2007, 8:43 PM
Any team news on Avondale for the weekend? What is their starting 11 these days?

Clifford
09/03/2007, 8:55 AM
Oh I don't know, but I think they line up a little like this:

------------Caulfield-----------
Caulfield-Caulfield-Caulfield-Caulfield
Caulfield-Cotter-Caulfield-Caulfield
-------Caulfield-Caulfield--------

Subs: Caulfield, Caulfield, Spratty, Caulfield.

He's superhuman don't you know.....

razor
09/03/2007, 11:34 AM
Oh I don't know, but I think they line up a little like this:

------------Caulfield-----------
Caulfield-Caulfield-Caulfield-Caulfield
Caulfield-Cotter-Caulfield-Caulfield
-------Caulfield-Caulfield--------

Subs: Caulfield, Caulfield, Spratty, Caulfield.

He's superhuman don't you know.....
He has probably played in all those positions including goal, not sure he'll be togging out this weekend though. ;)