PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

The Boar
06/01/2013, 12:10 PM
I remember a situation like this a few years back in the AUL, Bohs had sais there was a glass on there pitch and couldnt take responsibility so the league said if ye cant guarantee (https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=TlB&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&spell=1&q=guarantee&sa=X&ei=DHTpUPiGI4XRhAf354DQBA&ved=0CDAQvwUoAA&biw=1280&bih=642) a teams safety then all games for the remainder of the season shall be away!! now that would make a few teams think twice about pulling a stunt !!

It sure would and it's fair enough to, to protect players from serious cuts and injuries due to glass, anyone any ideas on how to stop the drinking parties on clubs pitches by those that have no respect for the pitches or the players

The Boar
06/01/2013, 12:19 PM
Yes Glenbuck your right a very experienced ref today and in fairness i must say he had no problem with the game going ahead but was put in a no win situation when told by Ballincollig that it would be on his shoulder if there was any injuries come out of it. Your right Nedge that ballincollig have a young squad just like ourselves but if you seen it today you would of said Men and Kids, look i myself have seen ballincollig 2/3 times throughout nov/dec and there was lucky to be 2 of those players there today. A blind man would of seen that there was strokes being pulled today, fair play to them they got game off but all i say is that wont be the end of it, the rest i will keep for behind closed doors and when the end outcome comes of it i will be sure to let ye all know either way. Before i go, booboys is on the ball there, a precedent could now but set if there is no consequences out of this.

Gosh there was a very big crowd at a game that never went ahead today with all the opinions on who said what and who did what, and who should have said what and who should have did what and now whats going to happen about it why dont ye all go down there like I was there and see like the Leeside mentors did the amount of glass bottles that were taken from the pitch in the last two days and then see if ye would be willing to allow ye're players take the chance on playing on it. I'm sure it will be fine combed this week by the Ballincollig mentors to make sure its perfect for next week.

mary
06/01/2013, 12:38 PM
I think mayfield are the Aston villa of the league this season so inconsistent but on there day very capable how do you tackle inconsistency lads.

thebooboys
06/01/2013, 12:45 PM
Boar - There wasn't a big crowd at the game at all. The majority of the Ballincollig players got dropped off and collected by their parents, and another crowd of them walked home in the rain.

To be fair you are kind of contradicting yourself. If they had spent the morning, or the previous few days for that matter clearing glass, like you said, then why wait and drag everyone out there that morning? They could have rang Fixture Secretary or us for that matter and I'm sure something could have been sorted. Truth is they didn't want the game on. The Ref saw no glass, his words. We saw no glass. Ballincollig shirked responsibility, the Ref was put in a position to make a decision, and went with what he was told by a Fixture Secretary who was on the phone, and not at the pitch.

We can argue the toss here all week but I believe Ballincollig pulled a fast one. Yes it's annoying, and most likely nothing will come of it. So we'll have to move on. Undoubtedly the debate on here will add a bit of spice to the home and away fixtures to come

Clifford
06/01/2013, 1:28 PM
Fermoy 2-1 Youghal.

Took extra time to see off a very game and honest Youghal challenge as expected. We scored pen after 25, they equalised with 20 left. Scored winner with 4 left in sec half of extra time. Heavy pitch but it was in great condition took a battering.

Drive on to next week and hope all the injuries clear up.

corkgaffer
06/01/2013, 2:04 PM
Gosh there was a very big crowd at a game that never went ahead today with all the opinions on who said what and who did what, and who should have said what and who should have did what and now whats going to happen about it why dont ye all go down there like I was there and see like the Leeside mentors did the amount of glass bottles that were taken from the pitch in the last two days and then see if ye would be willing to allow ye're players take the chance on playing on it. I'm sure it will be fine combed this week by the Ballincollig mentors to make sure its perfect for next week.

There was no doubting the glass in the wheelbarrow Boar no doubting it at all. The fact that it was in the wheel barrow demonstrated the effort of the Ballincollig staff to collect it all. This effort assisted in the conclusion of the referee and all concerned who inspected the pitch who found NO glass on the pitch what so ever. The area which the home side claimed it was collected from was the dug out area and the area in which Ballincollig positioned their goals when used their pitch for their in house games over christmas so its pretty worn. Id expect a couple of idiots were drinking bottles in the dug out for shelter then smashed the bottles

Having not yet played Ballincollig yet in the league Ive made a point of checking them out on several occasions. Both times was at home when the lost to Mallow and beat Kinsale. Young fit and energetic side for sure. Young yes.... adolescent no. The Ballincollig team were repeatedly told by their manager to remain in the dressing room during the debate amongst the staff and players of each club and the referee which really did arouse my suspicions. When all the players and staff of Leeside proceeded to leave then the Ballincollig players emerged. I remained behind to see the Ballincollig players leave and to be honest saw very few players from the previous games I had watched. It simply reinforced our interpretation of the situation.

During my own review of pitch I saw no glass not a single shard. It would be irresponsible and negligent for me to want a game on a pitch if there was any risk to my players of injury. We might be new to the league but like any club we have our eyes and our ears. We are nobody's fools. It can be disappointing when your players let you down and don't show on a match day. ballincollig were clever yesterday almost too clever for their own good. In the end Ballincollig withdrew consent for the game to be played by withdrawing public liability for the game. Their reasoning was legitimate but their actions were not. We will simply have to wait and see how the league committee deals with it.

As for getting the pitch ready Boar... Like I said too clever for their own good.......

corkgaffer
06/01/2013, 2:06 PM
Great result for you Clifford. First game back after the break can always be hit or miss so well done.

corkgaffer
06/01/2013, 2:13 PM
Wow................. 7-0 is that not Mayfield's second 7-0 thumping this year?
What is going wrong up there? I thought they would be in top 3/4 this year.

Shame what happened in Ballincollig over the weekend, especially with players taking time off work.
The M.S.L. need to look closely going forward at this so it doesnt repeat itself.

Happy New Year to all and let the MSL continue with the good work of having fixtures out as early as possible.
Well done.

Its strange alright Sparky but they have a rake of injuries... You know yourself when your on the ropes the punches just keep coming. I thought theyd do well this year for sure but the wheels seem to have come of a bit. If its not corrected soon they could get sucked into a relegation battle.... a lot of football to be plyed yet but with the likes of Fermoy picking up the points when they can it will only get harder for the current bottom 4 teams

Glenbuck
06/01/2013, 4:04 PM
I must say they are very harsh comments from Booboy and Corkgaffer re ballincollig senior management and their players as i said I have seen this team play and they are a young team and I dont know where you have been all season but they have been young all season they only have one or two senior players since last season and even at that they were young there is a place call rebuilding or did ye forget that happens in clubs. Plus clubs do have trouble with gangs drinking on their pitches unfortunately Ballincollig is no exception and it would be a different story if one of the players got cut on some missed broken glass. I'm sure it wasn't that simple to get the Ref to call off the match was there not a wheelbarrow of bottles broken and otherwise after being collected and shown to you, didn't bother mentioning that on here I see. The match was not called off for nothing, theteam that were togged out were more than capable of playing a senior match I'm sure you will think they are still a young team the next time you play them. We'll wait and see what comments you make on here then. I partly guessed there was more to it. A wheelbarrow of glass puts a different light on it. Thanks Boar for the follow up.

pirlo
06/01/2013, 6:45 PM
Glenbuck,
How r tings in the rockmount camp? Big week for them coming up, I hope for the sake of the league that they get something from 'dale, but it'll be very tough. As for the mid-week game, I fancy them to beat Mary's well even though its a local derby. Wudnt it be a great way to prepare for the weekend. What's your opinion?

Clifford
06/01/2013, 7:23 PM
Great to talk to Clifford at Marys Everton game today ... Fair result ... Both teams need wins thou

:worship:

Missed this in all the post's about "bottlegate". As always the pleasure was all yours. I can't watch dancing on ice bud. My pink clothes are in the wash, it just wouldn't feel right without them on.....:silly:

The Boar
06/01/2013, 10:11 PM
I partly guessed there was more to it. A wheelbarrow of glass puts a different light on it. Thanks Boar for the follow up.

Your welcome there are always two sides to a story Glenbuck.

The Boar
06/01/2013, 10:21 PM
Boar - There wasn't a big crowd at the game at all. The majority of the Ballincollig players got dropped off and collected by their parents, and another crowd of them walked home in the rain.

To be fair you are kind of contradicting yourself. If they had spent the morning, or the previous few days for that matter clearing glass, like you said, then why wait and drag everyone out there that morning? They could have rang Fixture Secretary or us for that matter and I'm sure something could have been sorted. Truth is they didn't want the game on. The Ref saw no glass, his words. We saw no glass. Ballincollig shirked responsibility, the Ref was put in a position to make a decision, and went with what he was told by a Fixture Secretary who was on the phone, and not at the pitch.

We can argue the toss here all week but I believe Ballincollig pulled a fast one. Yes it's annoying, and most likely nothing will come of it. So we'll have to move on. Undoubtedly the debate on here will add a bit of spice to the home and away fixtures to come

Well Booboys I'm sorry you think I'm contradicting myself but they are having to clear up most mornings and unfortunately they are going to have to try and find a way to keep the drinkers out I dont think for a minute that the lads brought you all the way up for nothing after all it is a rule with the MSL that the Ref must call off a match. You are also right that we could be back and forth with this discussion and it wont do anyone any good we will have to agree to disagree and get on with the season and the game of football, I think its a pity that you feel these debates add spice to games between clubs this forum should not in my opinion be used for that, after all we are all amateurs and mentors, spectators and the players should all be enjoying a good enjoyable game every week without people on here taking the good out of it. Good luck for the remainder of your season.

bluey
06/01/2013, 10:25 PM
Ah lads come on, common sense, we could put a big blue bin of broken glass down leeside park next week and say we took it off the pitch, honestly like!!!!

The Boar
06/01/2013, 10:40 PM
There was no doubting the glass in the wheelbarrow Boar no doubting it at all. The fact that it was in the wheel barrow demonstrated the effort of the Ballincollig staff to collect it all. This effort assisted in the conclusion of the referee and all concerned who inspected the pitch who found NO glass on the pitch what so ever. The area which the home side claimed it was collected from was the dug out area and the area in which Ballincollig positioned their goals when used their pitch for their in house games over christmas so its pretty worn. Id expect a couple of idiots were drinking bottles in the dug out for shelter then smashed the bottles

Having not yet played Ballincollig yet in the league Ive made a point of checking them out on several occasions. Both times was at home when the lost to Mallow and beat Kinsale. Young fit and energetic side for sure. Young yes.... adolescent no. The Ballincollig team were repeatedly told by their manager to remain in the dressing room during the debate amongst the staff and players of each club and the referee which really did arouse my suspicions. When all the players and staff of Leeside proceeded to leave then the Ballincollig players emerged. I remained behind to see the Ballincollig players leave and to be honest saw very few players from the previous games I had watched. It simply reinforced our interpretation of the situation.

During my own review of pitch I saw no glass not a single shard. It would be irresponsible and negligent for me to want a game on a pitch if there was any risk to my players of injury. We might be new to the league but like any club we have our eyes and our ears. We are nobody's fools. It can be disappointing when your players let you down and don't show on a match day. ballincollig were clever yesterday almost too clever for their own good. In the end Ballincollig withdrew consent for the game to be played by withdrawing public liability for the game. Their reasoning was legitimate but their actions were not. We will simply have to wait and see how the league committee deals with it.

As for getting the pitch ready Boar... Like I said too clever for their own good.......

I'm glad you saw the wheelbarrow but as I agreed with Booboys there is no point in going back and forth with this debate because it is done and dusted now and a mountain is being made out of a mole hill, We will have to agree to disagree as to the players yes they are young but adolescent I can assure you there is no one under 18 or even 19 yes you are right they are young I say the average age is 20/22 and yes that is young but they have to start somewhere and they are good enough to play at senior level, their MJL is a young team as well did you see them yet. As for your remark about being newcomers that is just to MSL but you are around a long time and certainly could not be refered to as anybody's fools. I dont understand your comments on being to clever for their own good, they had spent days clearing up after drinkers probably worse because of the xmas period ok maybe they were being over careful but which would be worse to be careless and not care, you just cant please even some of the people some of the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Boar
06/01/2013, 10:46 PM
Ah lads come on, common sense, we could put a big blue bin of broken glass down leeside park next week and say we took it off the pitch, honestly like!!!!

It really is a serious problem for clubs that are dealing with vandals on their pitches on a regular basis it would be great if there were clubs out there that solved the problem and could give advice to the clubs that are trying to solve it because after waiting for years for homes of their own and for this now to happen it causes all sorts of problems as we see now.

striker09
06/01/2013, 11:18 PM
Haha @Clifford Pamela Anderson was unreal

bullet
06/01/2013, 11:23 PM
Ah lads come on, common sense, we could put a big blue bin of broken glass down leeside park next week and say we took it off the pitch, honestly like!!!! Bluey you should know its a big red bin for all glass collections!!! blue bin for recycling only... no glass ? wheelbarrow of glass ? ballincollig to be commended for trying to get game to go ahead, most other clubs wouldnt have bothered just made the call pitch unplayable early sat morn. which reminds me well done to all in knockgriffin friday night the magpies pulled out all the stops in getting their game played in appalling weather conditions...

FootballCrazy
07/01/2013, 12:36 AM
I must admit that I'm surprised by the over reaction to the incident that took place in Ballicollig over the weekend. If there was any risk to the players then the club/officials were right to call off the game. I think the reaction would have been a lot worse If a player had cut himself on broken glass and needed stitches ( may have missed more than a days work in this instance). I'm also assuming that there would be insurance issues which no club wants to be dealing with. The club should be commended for trying to clean the pitch and get the game to go ahead. If anyone requires any more proof I'd check out the clubs Facebook page which shows pictured of the broken cans and bottles collected.

Back to Football which I'm assuming the main purpose of this forum is ( I'm new). Ballincollig are a team at the early stages of rebuilding. The squad is extremely young with the average age of the starting eleven around 20/21. There are only 4/5 players in the squad over 23 . So far this season they have be a credit to the club and the MSL - the club has experienced a torrid few years but finally seem to be back on track ( with excellent new facilities and pitches).

Glenbuck
07/01/2013, 9:27 AM
Glenbuck,
How r tings in the rockmount camp? Big week for them coming up, I hope for the sake of the league that they get something from 'dale, but it'll be very tough. As for the mid-week game, I fancy them to beat Mary's well even though its a local derby. Wudnt it be a great way to prepare for the weekend. What's your opinion? Plugging away at moment. Looking fwd to Sundays game with Dale. Cant say the same for Wednesday night. Marys will turn up like world beaters I suppose. Bit of nastiness has crept into this fixture in last few years.

peterpan
07/01/2013, 12:55 PM
Plugging away at moment. Looking fwd to Sundays game with Dale. Cant say the same for Wednesday night. Marys will turn up like world beaters I suppose. Bit of nastiness has crept into this fixture in last few years.
Always seems to be an extra bit of bite in these games, Mary's always seem to treat it like there cup final, rock mount never have it easy.

corkgaffer
07/01/2013, 12:58 PM
:worship:

Missed this in all the post's about "bottlegate". As always the pleasure was all yours. I can't watch dancing on ice bud. My pink clothes are in the wash, it just wouldn't feel right without them on.....:silly:

"Bottlegate".... Very good Clifford ...very good indeed....

el nino coro
08/01/2013, 12:52 PM
i fancy rockmount to win by couple goals against marys weds night wonder who superstar cambridge will be shouting for:)apparently he asked could he go to southside:rolleyes:

He didnt ask to go out there,they were up around his door the minute they found out he was available

peterpan
08/01/2013, 5:12 PM
He didnt ask to go out there,they were up around his door the minute they found out he was available

Haha you must be joking he had joe gamble on speed dial!

el nino coro
08/01/2013, 5:43 PM
Haha you must be joking he had joe gamble on speed dial!

For a player to be so desperate to go to corinthians, i find it hard to believe that he would walk straight into the team against midleton. don't you think they would make him earn his place if he was the one making contact with corinthians for a move. i don't know maybe im wrong but we are all only looking in from the outside.

peterpan
08/01/2013, 6:13 PM
For a player to be so desperate to go to corinthians, i find it hard to believe that he would walk straight into the team against midleton. don't you think they would make him earn his place if he was the one making contact with corinthians for a move. i don't know maybe im wrong but we are all only looking in from the outside.

dont get me wrong, ability wise he would walk into most teams, but he did make first contact with Joe, cors are happy to have him on board because they may lose the cork city players in the coming weeks.

justasupporter
08/01/2013, 8:01 PM
Quote dont get me wrong, ability wise he would walk into most teams, but he did make first contact with Joe, cors are happy to have him on board because they may lose the cork city players in the coming weeks.

Did Anybody tell him that ?

justasupporter
08/01/2013, 8:11 PM
Smart money must be on Avondale this weekend lads . Anyone think rockmount can get a result out there , this Avondale team will take some stopping .

peterpan
08/01/2013, 8:14 PM
Did Anybody tell him that ?[/QUOTE]

Well it's common knowledge that the city boys are signed on loan deals and will be due back to the parent club for pre season.

The Boar
08/01/2013, 8:17 PM
Plugging away at moment. Looking fwd to Sundays game with Dale. Cant say the same for Wednesday night. Marys will turn up like world beaters I suppose. Bit of nastiness has crept into this fixture in last few years.

Sunday's match should be a good one , I agree with pirlo that it would be great for the league if ye won I'm hoping to make, and there are nothing like local derby's but hopefully without nastiness that spoils what can otherwise be a good game.

The Boar
08/01/2013, 8:24 PM
Smart money must be on Avondale this weekend lads . Anyone think rockmount can get a result out there , this Avondale team will take some stopping .

Yes Avondale are good alright at the moment but its nice to think that they are beatable and I think Rockmount might just be able to do it on Sunday provided they dont pick up any injuries Wed night

Sparky
08/01/2013, 8:43 PM
Sunday's match should be a good one , I agree with pirlo that it would be great for the league if ye won I'm hoping to make, and there are nothing like local derby's but hopefully without nastiness that spoils what can otherwise be a good game.

Hi lads, was thinking of getting in the Dale vs Rockmount in on Saturday but alot of ye keep saying its Sunday. The MSL website says Sat. Can somebody confirm? Ta.

razor
08/01/2013, 8:45 PM
Plugging away at moment. Looking fwd to Sundays game with Dale..The game is Saturday at 2pm.

EDIT: beat me to it Sparky

Sparky
08/01/2013, 8:48 PM
Good man, cheers Razor.

Clifford
09/01/2013, 6:43 PM
Anyone know who won between Cit and Ucc in Donie Forde last night?

bluey
09/01/2013, 6:49 PM
Ucc won 2-0 Clifford, seen it on there twitter feed earlier today.

Clifford
09/01/2013, 8:26 PM
Cheers Bluey, mount v Mary's heading into extra time tonight. 1-1 ft

2-1 now Mount. All over.

our_ball_ref
09/01/2013, 9:12 PM
Worst game of ball I've seen in ages, Rockmounts necks must be sore from all the hoofing, record number of throws tonight must have been over 40 I'd say, hardly 3-4 passes put together at any stage by either side, shocking is being to kind!!

el nino coro
09/01/2013, 10:50 PM
Worst game of ball I've seen in ages, Rockmounts necks must be sore from all the hoofing, record number of throws tonight must have been over 40 I'd say, hardly 3-4 passes put together at any stage by either side, shocking is being to kind!!

It really was a terrible game,if there was any avondale lads in attendance they must have been laughing there pants off

six-yard-box
10/01/2013, 1:29 AM
It really was a terrible game,if there was any avondale lads in attendance they must have been laughing there pants off
pretty poor stuff all round tonight buttsey took the winner well tho.

Glenbuck
10/01/2013, 12:00 PM
It really was a terrible game,if there was any avondale lads in attendance they must have been laughing there pants offPoor game alright. Take the result though. If you were there you would have seen who was and was not there. Buttsy with 2 well taken goals. Both teams tried there best. As for the amount of passes and throws, I have better things to be doing on match night than to be counting the already mentioned. Bit of sky sports setting in lads.

six-yard-box
10/01/2013, 12:40 PM
Poor game alright. Take the result though. If you were there you would have seen who was and was not there. Buttsy with 2 well taken goals. Both teams tried there best. As for the amount of passes and throws, I have better things to be doing on match night than to be counting the already mentioned. Bit of sky sports setting in lads.
sky sports setting in? how could you not notice how little football was played and how much time the ball was out of play?

splinter
10/01/2013, 12:46 PM
Well u cant forget its a local derby so no team was gonna be able to play ball because of the simple fact no team would of had time on the ball.... Still though 2 teams were fully committed and without it being dirty, it was a good hard fought battle!!!

Glenbuck
10/01/2013, 1:05 PM
sky sports setting in? how could you not notice how little football was played and how much time the ball was out of play? You are obviosley looking at it from the losing camps side. How many times does the ball go out of play in any MSL game.Pulling at straws now. Maybe you should stay at home and watch Copa Del Rey. As I said Mount will take last nights result anytime. Without taking away that it was a poor game both teams tried to play a bit of football. There is always going to be long balls but as I have said on this forum many times before give credit where its due.

old-head
10/01/2013, 2:48 PM
You are obviosley looking at it from the losing camps side. How many times does the ball go out of play in any MSL game.Pulling at straws now. Maybe you should stay at home and watch Copa Del Rey. As I said Mount will take last nights result anytime. Without taking away that it was a poor game both teams tried to play a bit of football. There is always going to be long balls but as I have said on this forum many times before give credit where its due.
Was at the game and agree with Glenbuck. Not a great game but both sides fought hard and were honest on what was a bitterly cold night, I enjoyed it anyway!!. Pens would probably have been fair but I don't think either side will get too excited about the final result. The game should help both teams for the weekend ahead. Pitch looked in great nick for all the rain Sunday/ Monday.

El Patron
10/01/2013, 5:01 PM
Rockmount were awful against a poor st marys side. Football in the northside is in a poor place at the moment which is sad to see. who on earth is gona challenge Avondale? ROCKMOUNT: Not in a million years. A handful of good players and the rest just tagging along for the ride. Hope Corinthians and UCC can go far this season.

our_ball_ref
10/01/2013, 5:31 PM
Who tried to play football glenbuck??? Willy?? Hoofed the ball all night, Chrissy?? He had time to turn but put it out for a throw and that's where the equaliser came from, take off the blinkers now please. Standing there in the cold it's not hard to notice that the amount of times the ball was out of play was ridiculous.

bullet
11/01/2013, 11:54 AM
welchys equaliser for st marys & buttseys winner for mount worth the trip to whitechurch wed night, havnt been in awhile & didnt expect see goal fest between these two on a cold night for football - hard fought game i thought as both teams very well matched agree standard not the greatest but standards all levels is dipping wont do rockmount any harm headn into tomorrows crucial game at avondale tho season defining should dale win cant see anyoune stopping them...

Chiefscout
11/01/2013, 2:35 PM
All Douglas hall matches off this weekend

peterpan
11/01/2013, 4:10 PM
All Douglas hall matches off this weekend
Ya heard that there president has passed away, rip