PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

roberto1
17/12/2012, 9:08 PM
not only the double they could win every competition they enter this season

Tramorelegend
19/12/2012, 11:21 AM
Hi Lads, Just want to say to Clifford that his posts are always interesting to read and that in fairness anytime you watch Fermoy they always try and play ball, hopefully they will do enough to stay up this year. Its a hard league as we found out 2 years ago.

Clifford
19/12/2012, 11:48 AM
not only the double they could win every competition they enter this season

They sure could. Strong physical outfit. Hope to get up to see them against Leeside tonight. Is it still going ahead anyone know?

corkgaffer
19/12/2012, 1:06 PM
Game still on Clifford

razor
19/12/2012, 8:18 PM
just finished Leeside 1-2 Avondale

Clifford
19/12/2012, 8:45 PM
1-1 til late on I believe Razor? Good display by Leeside it looks like. Well done.

razor
19/12/2012, 11:00 PM
1-1 til late on I believe Razor? Good display by Leeside it looks like. Well done.Wasn't there Clifford, heard Leeside equalised direct from a free and Dale got the winner with about 10 left.

corkgaffer
20/12/2012, 8:49 AM
In a all a good game last night up in Moneygourney. When Leeside and their committee decided to make that step up to play Senior league these were the fixtures that they hoped to be part of and the occasion didn't disappoint for us. As expected Avondale fielded a strong eleven (its difficult to see how they could field a weak one with the players they have) and they dominated possession for the majority of the game but I think tactically we done very well for the entire game.

Our plan was to remain compact and narrow and try to force them to play through us and hopefully hit them on the break which I thought worked very well. We sat deep in the first half and the plan was going well but unfortunately we conceded from a corner midway through the second half. In fairness to my lads the heads didn't fall and whilst Avondale came close to adding a second on a few occasions we held out to the half time whistle.

At half time we made two changes with the idea of adding a bit more pace and tried to play a bit higher up the pitch and our adventure was rewarded with an equalizer following a well taken free kick although Id have been disappointed if my own keeper had of conceded it. They made a few changes late on in the second half and stepped up a gear and scored the winner with 7 to go and I had the impression that had they needed to there were 3 or 4 more gears available to them. Only one booking in the game to an Avondale player however I thought ref could have done more to to stamp out the third man blocking and the odd bit of cynicism which led to our conceding the first goal and cost us a player through injury late on in the second half but hopefully my lads will learn form this and so will the referee.

All in all it was encouraging to hear the Avondale lads having a pop at each other after our equalizer and their line having a go at them even if it is was only for a while as it showed we were doing a good job making it hard for them but in fairness they were making hard work of it themselves. Result was never really in doubt as most expected and my only regret on the night was that we didn't get to play our own football when we did have the ball but I thought we put in a good performance against undoubtedly the strongest amateur team in the country and can take a lot of positives into the business end of the season and best to luck to Avondale in the next round against Limerick.

pacman
20/12/2012, 8:56 PM
In a all a good game last night up in Moneygourney. When Leeside and their committee decided to make that step up to play Senior league these were the fixtures that they hoped to be part of and the occasion didn't disappoint for us. As expected Avondale fielded a strong eleven (its difficult to see how they could field a weak one with the players they have) and they dominated possession for the majority of the game but I think tactically we done very well for the entire game.

Our plan was to remain compact and narrow and try to force them to play through us and hopefully hit them on the break which I thought worked very well. We sat deep in the first half and the plan was going well but unfortunately we conceded from a corner midway through the second half. In fairness to my lads the heads didn't fall and whilst Avondale came close to adding a second on a few occasions we held out to the half time whistle.

At half time we made two changes with the idea of adding a bit more pace and tried to play a bit higher up the pitch and our adventure was rewarded with an equalizer following a well taken free kick although Id have been disappointed if my own keeper had of conceded it. They made a few changes late on in the second half and stepped up a gear and scored the winner with 7 to go and I had the impression that had they needed to there were 3 or 4 more gears available to them. Only one booking in the game to an Avondale player however I thought ref could have done more to to stamp out the third man blocking and the odd bit of cynicism which led to our conceding the first goal and cost us a player through injury late on in the second half but hopefully my lads will learn form this and so will the referee.

All in all it was encouraging to hear the Avondale lads having a pop at each other after our equalizer and their line having a go at them even if it is was only for a while as it showed we were doing a good job making it hard for them but in fairness they were making hard work of it themselves. Result was never really in doubt as most expected and my only regret on the night was that we didn't get to play our own football when we did have the ball but I thought we put in a good performance against undoubtedly the strongest amateur team in the country and can take a lot of positives into the business end of the season and best to luck to Avondale in the next round against Limerick.

Give yourself and your team some credit corkgaffer, if they only got the winner with 7 minutes to go you musnt have allowed them get out of 2nd gear

thebooboys
21/12/2012, 3:19 PM
Enjoyed Avondale game and while we gave them a little scare for 15 minutes with the equaliser it was always inevitable that the winner would come. Still we had 2 or 3 chances of our own and the few guys who came in played very well.

Clifford
24/12/2012, 10:11 AM
Happy Christmas one and all from all in Fermoy FC.

See ye all in the new year for more craic!!

AvondaleNutter
24/12/2012, 10:17 AM
Happy Christmas one and all from all in Fermoy FC.

See ye all in the new year for more craic!!
Same to you Clifford and everyone on here.

peterpan
03/01/2013, 7:42 PM
Well lads a new year is upon us, looking forward to going to knock griffin park tomorrow night, should be a good game, who do ye fancy?

Clifford
03/01/2013, 10:52 PM
I think Midleton can get something out of it. Very strong at home and very well organised. If they can stick tight in the middle of the park and not allow Cors any time on the ball then it may go their way. Depending of course who Cors actually have signed from all the various rumours. If they have added Butts and Cambridge then that's a different story maybe.

Footnote Cors centre half is suspended so if Midleton get chances who knows.

We are away to Youghal in the Donie Forde tomorrow night. Tough place to get a result as we found out in last seasons Inter cup. We're missing our CB through suspension for the red in the Cors game so no idea how that will go. Looking forward to being back. We found it difficult to get anything done over the Xmas period with weather and weddings getting in the way of various friendly attempts.

Everton travel to us next Sat afternoon in a vital fixture for both clubs survival prospects.

el nino coro
03/01/2013, 11:30 PM
Depending on tomorrow's result below in midleton, next weeks fixtures are mouth watering. Midleton v u.c.c on the friday, Avondale v Rockmount and Corinthians v Mayfield. Fermoy v Everton and Douglas hall at home to marys plus marys are at home to everton this satrday. Big two weeks coming up for all clubs with donie forde quarter finals inbetween also.

peterpan
04/01/2013, 4:45 AM
If they have added Butts and Cambridge then that's a different story maybe.

Footnote Cors centre half is suspended so if Midleton get chances who knows.

We are away to Youghal in the Donie Forde tomorrow night. Tough place to get a result as we found out in last seasons Inter cup. We're missing our CB through suspension for the red in the Cors game so no idea how that will go. Looking forward to being back.

Cambridge has defo signed but I don't think butt has, reckon he will fit in well up there with there football style, ya youghal is always a sticky place to go but haven't been great this year so fancy ye to win with ease

corkgaffer
04/01/2013, 5:07 PM
These types of games are the games Corinthians need to be winning in order to underline their title challange as such. No easy games though in the premier division and Midleton always difficult on their home patch as Mayfield found out. First game back after christmas can be a hard one too so it should be a tight affair alright. Im putting my neck on the line and going for a draw myself

Clifford
04/01/2013, 5:17 PM
Youghal pitch unplayable so that game will now go ahead in Fermoy at 10.45 Sunday morning weather permitting.

Game tonight at Midleton and at St Mary's tomorrow still on anyone know?

peterpan
04/01/2013, 9:01 PM
2-1to cors down in knock griffen

El Patron
04/01/2013, 10:51 PM
Any match report from Midleton. Couldn't make it?

AvondaleNutter
05/01/2013, 6:08 AM
Any match report from Midleton. Couldn't make it?

Mate was at it.apparently Midleton were 1 up at half time and comfortable. Cors dominated the second half with 2 goals from Moreland. Heard Cors deserved their win.

thebooboys
05/01/2013, 1:48 PM
Ballincollig vs Leeside off due to "glass on pitch" not because of weather. Pitch was fine. Youngest ballincollig team I ever saw

peterpan
05/01/2013, 1:58 PM
Ballincollig vs Leeside off due to "glass on pitch" not because of weather. Pitch was fine. Youngest ballincollig team I ever saw
Who called it off booboys? Did ye have to travel all the way out there?

Clifford
05/01/2013, 2:39 PM
St Mary's 2-1 up on Everton. 10 left. Harsh on Everton but defending for both goals was sloppy to say the least.

2-2 now. Late goal for Everton. Deserved it.

Dale beat mayfield 7-0 in Donie Forde.

fifa
05/01/2013, 3:08 PM
Ringmahon 3-0 tramore

corkgaffer
05/01/2013, 3:51 PM
Shameful behavior by the senior management team of Ballincollig AFC today.... When it comes to football we play the cards that are dealt. Its not all the time you get the hand you want but you just have to go with it that's football. Referee put in terrible position and had no option. Hopefully MSL will deal appropriately with this to prevent it happening again. On another note It was nice to see the parents of all those senior players come collect them after the Leeside team had left. Wouldn't want them catching a cold and missing school.....

thebooboys
05/01/2013, 4:30 PM
Who called it off booboys? Did ye have to travel all the way out there?

Yeah, went out there and despite the wind the pitch was prefect. After Ref said pitch was playable Ballincollig said they were not going to be held responsible for any one cutting themselves on this "alleged glass", that neither we or the Ref saw. The Ref made a call to Fixtures Secretary and obviously went on his advice. My opinion, Ballincollig had very few seniors, brought a load of young fellas for show and then got the game pulled. It was so blatant it was comical. My question for Ballincollig would be, why not switch the goals, and lines to their second pitch or even regional park if they were so convinced that the glass was a danger. They alerted us to the glass at around 1.10 pm and there was plenty of time to get another field ready

tricksey
05/01/2013, 4:30 PM
Shameful behavior by the senior management team of Ballincollig AFC today.... When it comes to football we play the cards that are dealt. Its not all the time you get the hand you want but you just have to go with it that's football. Referee put in terrible position and had no option. Hopefully MSL will deal appropriately with this to prevent it happening again. On another note It was nice to see the parents of all those senior players come collect them after the Leeside team had left. Wouldn't want them catching a cold and missing school.....

Are you trying to insinuate foul play here by the ballincollig management ?

corkgaffer
05/01/2013, 5:19 PM
Are you trying to insinuate foul play here by the ballincollig management ?

Its a wise man that acts a fool................... Ballincollig knew exactly what they were doing today.

Nedge
05/01/2013, 5:37 PM
Ballincollig have very few old players in their squad, majority are 22 or younger so they were not missing any senior players if you are suggesting that. If one of your players had fallen on the glass, I'm sure you d be the first on here complaining about that and how the pitch was not suitable to be played on.

the hawk
05/01/2013, 6:40 PM
St Mary's 2-1 up on Everton. 10 left. Harsh on Everton but defending for both goals was sloppy to say the least.

2-2 now. Late goal for Everton. Deserved it.

Dale beat mayfield 7-0 in Donie Forde.

things are starting to look very bleak for those two clubs .a win for either side would of been a great result .
great result for ye clifford.

where mayfield missing many.that us some hammering to give mayfield who are normally hard to break down.

looks like avondale are hitting the ground running after xmas .

any other premier results

bullet
05/01/2013, 6:54 PM
was it glass or maybe ice? on the playing surface lads, i do note however no oth game were played in the 2nd div today daresay has something to do with maybe clubs minding their pitches this time of year... tho no one moaning bar the leesiders some the comments lads v unfair toward ballincollig

thebooboys
05/01/2013, 7:58 PM
was it glass or maybe ice? on the playing surface lads, i do note however no oth game were played in the 2nd div today daresay has something to do with maybe clubs minding their pitches this time of year... tho no one moaning bar the leesiders some the comments lads v unfair toward ballincollig

As I told you on the phone earlier Bullet the Ref was happy that the game go ahead. You're stirring

peterpan
05/01/2013, 8:04 PM
As I told you on the phone earlier Bullet the Ref was happy that the game go ahead. You're stirring

If the ref was happy to play it then why didn't he just play it?

thebooboys
05/01/2013, 8:08 PM
If the ref was happy to play it then why didn't he just play it?
According to Ref there was "no glass visible" on the pitch but Ballincollig "wouldn't be held responsible for player's safety". Ref rang Fixtures Sec, who advised him that if glass was there to not play it supposedly. Ref was unsure, and called it. The thing that annoys me most is we had fellas get off work to be at a game that was never going to be played, harsh on them

peterpan
05/01/2013, 8:11 PM
According to Ref there was "no glass visible" on the pitch but Ballincollig "wouldn't be held responsible for player's safety". Ref rang Fixtures Sec, who advised him that if glass was there to not play it supposedly. Ref was unsure, and called it. The thing that annoys me most is we had fellas get off work to be at a game that was never going to be played, harsh on them

Well I suppose if the home team refused to take responsibility for the safety of the players then the ref couldn't play the game.

thebooboys
05/01/2013, 8:20 PM
Can't blame ref at all. What I would say though is if things happened as we believe then what sort of a precedent does this set?? ie if a club "can't guarantee another teams safety" on their ground then someone else may pull a similar stroke. Game should have went to other pitch, as I said we were notified of "glass" at 1.10 pm. We also had people ready to line pitch if necessary. Some result in Avondale/Mayfield tie !

pacman
05/01/2013, 8:41 PM

Ice? It was 10 degrees today. That comment alone made it hard for me to take the rest of your post seriously but clubs minding their pitch is also not an excuse. If the pitch is playable on a given day that is all that matters not if it will be ready for the next three weeks.

Looks like clubs now have a great excuse to use anytime they want a game caled off

striker09
05/01/2013, 9:20 PM
Great to talk to Clifford at Marys Everton game today ... Fair result ... Both teams need wins thou

Glenbuck
05/01/2013, 9:35 PM
Very well experienced referee for the game in Ballincollig. Surprised to say the least. Must be more to the story.

peterpan
05/01/2013, 9:44 PM
According to Ref there was "no glass visible" on the pitch but Ballincollig "wouldn't be held responsible for player's safety". Ref rang Fixtures Sec, who advised him that if glass was there to not play it supposedly.

Reading this post it looks like the ref was left with little choice no matter how much experience he has, who was the ref?

bluey
05/01/2013, 9:54 PM
Yes Glenbuck your right a very experienced ref today and in fairness i must say he had no problem with the game going ahead but was put in a no win situation when told by Ballincollig that it would be on his shoulder if there was any injuries come out of it. Your right Nedge that ballincollig have a young squad just like ourselves but if you seen it today you would of said Men and Kids, look i myself have seen ballincollig 2/3 times throughout nov/dec and there was lucky to be 2 of those players there today. A blind man would of seen that there was strokes being pulled today, fair play to them they got game off but all i say is that wont be the end of it, the rest i will keep for behind closed doors and when the end outcome comes of it i will be sure to let ye all know either way. Before i go, booboys is on the ball there, a precedent could now but set if there is no consequences out of this.

villaman10
05/01/2013, 11:55 PM
crosshaven and ballingollig on the black list!! thank god the christmass cards have already been sent:-)! ( only ball hopping now bluey in case you get upset!

bluey
06/01/2013, 12:27 AM
Ah villa they will be both on next years x-mas list just might not be the same as the rest of the x-mas cards ;-) Na i gave up getting upset, New Year and all that haha. Honestly though the more you think about today and let it sink in the worse it gets, its disgraceful.

Sparky
06/01/2013, 9:49 AM
Wow................. 7-0 is that not Mayfield's second 7-0 thumping this year?
What is going wrong up there? I thought they would be in top 3/4 this year.

Shame what happened in Ballincollig over the weekend, especially with players taking time off work.
The M.S.L. need to look closely going forward at this so it doesnt repeat itself.

Happy New Year to all and let the MSL continue with the good work of having fixtures out as early as possible.
Well done.

Radiostar
06/01/2013, 10:01 AM
Surely if there was glass on the pitch, they would of have to had evidence of it, and if so would they just not pick it up. Ref should have made them play it.

The Boar
06/01/2013, 11:47 AM

Yes they are a young side I've seen them play a few times this season not a bad side either.

casilles
06/01/2013, 11:55 AM
I remember a situation like this a few years back in the AUL, Bohs had sais there was a glass on there pitch and couldnt take responsibility so the league said if ye cant guarantee (https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=TlB&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&spell=1&q=guarantee&sa=X&ei=DHTpUPiGI4XRhAf354DQBA&ved=0CDAQvwUoAA&biw=1280&bih=642) a teams safety then all games for the remainder of the season shall be away!! now that would make a few teams think twice about pulling a stunt !!

The Boar
06/01/2013, 12:00 PM
I must say they are very harsh comments from Booboy and Corkgaffer re ballincollig senior management and their players as i said I have seen this team play and they are a young team and I dont know where you have been all season but they have been young all season they only have one or two senior players since last season and even at that they were young there is a place call rebuilding or did ye forget that happens in clubs. Plus clubs do have trouble with gangs drinking on their pitches unfortunately Ballincollig is no exception and it would be a different story if one of the players got cut on some missed broken glass. I'm sure it wasn't that simple to get the Ref to call off the match was there not a wheelbarrow of bottles broken and otherwise after being collected and shown to you, didn't bother mentioning that on here I see. The match was not called off for nothing, theteam that were togged out were more than capable of playing a senior match I'm sure you will think they are still a young team the next time you play them. We'll wait and see what comments you make on here then.

The Boar
06/01/2013, 12:07 PM
Surely if there was glass on the pitch, they would of have to had evidence of it, and if so would they just not pick it up. Ref should have made them play it.

I agree the Refs call and he must have had his reason for calling it off the pitch was ready the lads had spent the morning clearing the pitch after the night befores party bothe teams were aparently ready and the Ref rang the fixture sec and the match was called off I'm sure if they wanted to pull a stunt they could have done it earlier and avoided getting their pitch ready, cause when I arrived to watch this match it was off but the pitch was ready for a match and that doesn't happen on this pitch by itself. Would have made more sense to me to pull it early in the morning