PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

mayfield utd
10/11/2012, 7:24 PM
Was at this game as well... UCC were able to just run through the Mayfield defence and the UCC keeper barely had to make a save. That said the third goal shouldn't have stood and thereafter Mayfield got about 7 or 8 bookings. Warren, Murphy and O'Shea missing for Mayfield. Josh O'Shea, Steve Mahon, Simon Holland, Eoin Kilcommons (3) and Cathla Lordan with UCC goals. I wonder when was the last time UCC had such a big victory in the Premier division, if ever?!yes we were missing those 3 player but we were also missing sherlock,ian fleming,dean grainger,the red hair guy shane (don't know his surname).the junior keeper started and a youth team player started right midfield 5 of the starting 11 against rockmount last week started against ucc and 2 of them played in different positions,brosy went up front and stef was out left midfield.the ref was very poor there 3rd goal was a joke.

Mighty almighty
10/11/2012, 9:07 PM
I was at the hall game Friday night and thought the ref was very good don't know we're that came from
Ah come on tricksey,was at the game aswell,the sending off was crazy,since when was a push on a fella's shoulder a sending off,a few yellows were ridiculous,and a few tackles from Midleton were definitely yellows and not even a caution,then a Douglas player I think on a yellow kicks a ball away in temper on a yellow, in every league in the world it's a yellow card for petulance and time wasting....I believe this was refferree first senior game and totally buckled when had to be strong.pity good strong player in his day!

pirlo
10/11/2012, 9:36 PM
Ah come on tricksey,was at the game aswell,the sending off was crazy,since when was a push on a fella's shoulder a sending off,a few yellows were ridiculous,and a few tackles from Midleton were definitely yellows and not even a caution,then a Douglas player I think on a yellow kicks a ball away in temper on a yellow, in every league in the world it's a yellow card for petulance and time wasting....I believe this was refferree first senior game and totally buckled when had to be strong.pity good strong player in his day!
Douglas hall are probably the dirtest team in league, i watched them against rockmount and all they wanted to kickout at other players and slow up play, Which cost them in the end because they could have won the game.

splinter
10/11/2012, 10:15 PM
Was at da Marys-Fermoy game today and to be honestM arys dont ave a bit of luck dis year, had a lot of possesion throughout but didnt make anythin from it...Fair play to Fermoy great goal dey got and afterwards defended well.
Maybe da Rockmount game came at da right time for us next Fri nite just go out and play with nothin to lose

ballsac7
11/11/2012, 8:21 AM
Casement 1 Crosshaven 2 in Div 2. Nobody seems to want to win that league. All teams taking points off each other with Wilton the only exception.

razor
11/11/2012, 5:30 PM
Don't worry, he's been infracted

tricksey
11/11/2012, 5:39 PM
Just after hearing Danny and Roy long gone from Avondale the first week of the transfer window Corinthians for both players.surely Corinthians are serious title contenders if them transfers go through.

Mighty almighty
11/11/2012, 6:03 PM
Just after hearing Danny and Roy long gone from Avondale the first week of the transfer window Corinthians for both players.surely Corinthians are serious title contenders if them transfers go through.

Wow that would be serious movement tricksey,is much truth behind it!!

tricksey
11/11/2012, 6:32 PM
Wow that would be serious movement tricksey,is much truth behind it!!
Don't want to say too much but that's what I was told awhile ago! Danny hasn't started in 6 weeks and that's not doing his international chances any good ! so just wait for December I suppose

Chiefscout
11/11/2012, 6:46 PM
Don't want to say too much but that's what I was told awhile ago! Danny hasn't started in 6 weeks and that's not doing his international chances any good ! so just wait for December I suppose
Will they lose that tall young fella getting their goals to the gaa?.smashing player

razor
11/11/2012, 6:49 PM
Danny hasn't started in 6 weeks and that's not doing his international chances any good !I think he's been injured.

tricksey
11/11/2012, 6:53 PM
I think he's been injured.
No just out of favour I no alot of the Avondale lads and Danny's not putting the work in lately and cotts isn't happy.happens to alot of fellas after a cap though maybe he's been thought a lesson.

Pundit
11/11/2012, 7:28 PM
No just out of favour I no alot of the Avondale lads and Danny's not putting the work in lately and cotts isn't happy.happens to alot of fellas after a cap though maybe he's been thought a lesson.

Tricksey, you clearly have got the wrong information. Danny has had an ankle injury and will be back next week. Has been injured. Why would he wanna leave Avondale. League and intermediate cup winner in his first season plus an international cap. Lads Corinthians will not be up there come end of season. Avondale the far superior team.

tricksey
11/11/2012, 8:23 PM
I'm only saying what I was told and I have no interest really In either team but why won't cors be there at the end ?

Chiefscout
11/11/2012, 9:09 PM
Corinthians only going improve.picking up big wins and points in games where they normally struggle.theyll be top 2,no doubt

Clifford
11/11/2012, 10:26 PM
Some of the Dale lads not getting games would, you assume, be getting restless, but the rotation there is good and seems to keep them all hungry. Incredible management to be fair thus far. Hats off to all concerned, but only natural that rumours will crop up as there are lads there that would walk into any other team.

Corinthionie
12/11/2012, 6:41 AM
Tricksey, you clearly have got the wrong information. Danny has had an ankle injury and will be back next week. Has been injured. Why would he wanna leave Avondale. League and intermediate cup winner in his first season plus an international cap. Lads Corinthians will not be up there come end of season. Avondale the far superior team.

Thats a bold statement "Corinthians wont be up there at the end of the season". Whats it based on? Im curious. Is it based on away form? Win away at The Hall scoring 4, At Marys scoring 5 and a great 1 nil up in Whitechurch. Maybe its based on cup form, is it? They won 2 cups last season and are in the Semi Final of the Keane cup and the next round of the Intermediate cup. Oh no, its the home form. Thats right, they have dropped 2 points at home !

Im not saying that they are gonna be world beaters, or even win the MSL for that fact but come on give credit where its due. 13 points out of a possible 15 and going well in cup competitions, on the back of the improvement last season, where might I add, a far superior Avondale team scraped a couple of results !

I think Avondale a superb outfit with quality all over the park and have no qualms in saying it. I know one thing for sure, the games between Dale and Corinthians could have a lot to say about where the title ends up this season. Lets just wait and see in May if Corinthians "will be up there" as you put it !

And on the matter of why anyone would leave any club. Football is cyclical there was a time when Corinthians and Dale for that matter were not even in the Premier. I remember when Cotts, Hargy, Damo and the like signed for Avondale. Why would ex league of Ireland players sign for a 1st division side? Progress, thats why. Maybe, and im not saying they are gonna go to Castletreasure, players like the way Corinthians are moving forward, back to where they should be. Maybe its the facilities, maybe its a difference in opionion with management. Lots of reasons guys move from club to club and at this point players with Corinthians are still in the hat for the Intermediate and top of the MSL and in a Keane cup semi final.

Silly Billy G
12/11/2012, 10:26 AM
I went to Blarney v Leeds on saturday. Leeds full deserved their win from what I saw, missed a peno too they did.
Blarney could have snatched a draw at the death when great free kick from Ray O'Leary was headed onto the post.

Leeds well on top though and missed a lot of chances, Blarney's keeper was excellent too. As well as saving the penalty he made another few great saves and looked v assured. I dont know will either of these teams be winning this league, neither looked like world beaters.

Silly Billy G
12/11/2012, 10:28 AM
Thats a bold statement "Corinthians wont be up there at the end of the season". Whats it based on? Im curious. Is it based on away form? Win away at The Hall scoring 4, At Marys scoring 5 and a great 1 nil up in Whitechurch. Maybe its based on cup form, is it? They won 2 cups last season and are in the Semi Final of the Keane cup and the next round of the Intermediate cup. Oh no, its the home form. Thats right, they have dropped 2 points at home !

Im not saying that they are gonna be world beaters, or even win the MSL for that fact but come on give credit where its due. 13 points out of a possible 15 and going well in cup competitions, on the back of the improvement last season, where might I add, a far superior Avondale team scraped a couple of results !

I think Avondale a superb outfit with quality all over the park and have no qualms in saying it. I know one thing for sure, the games between Dale and Corinthians could have a lot to say about where the title ends up this season. Lets just wait and see in May if Corinthians "will be up there" as you put it !

And on the matter of why anyone would leave any club. Football is cyclical there was a time when Corinthians and Dale for that matter were not even in the Premier. I remember when Cotts, Hargy, Damo and the like signed for Avondale. Why would ex league of Ireland players sign for a 1st division side? Progress, thats why. Maybe, and im not saying they are gonna go to Castletreasure, players like the way Corinthians are moving forward, back to where they should be. Maybe its the facilities, maybe its a difference in opionion with management. Lots of reasons guys move from club to club and at this point players with Corinthians are still in the hat for the Intermediate and top of the MSL and in a Keane cup semi final.

I have seen College Cors once this season and looked excellent, is there some Cork City lads up there as well ? Are these lads there until the end of the season of can they be recalled ? Be only concern I'd have, hard to see beyond Avondale to winning the league but College Cors looks the best of the rest right now

corkgaffer
12/11/2012, 10:43 AM
I had the pleasure of watching both teams this season and to be honest both teams impressed me. Personally I think the head to head games will be a good measure of how far Corinthians have come over the last few seasons as a team but I don't think they will decide were the title goes. Corinthians have definitely added an element of steel and ruthlessness to their team this season which for me is a big difference on last season. Avondale retain that ability to step up the gears when needed and the depth of the squad is fantastic with quality just about everywhere. Operating on all fronts in all competitions is a big ask for an amateur team and I think this might be the area were Corinthians might find tough. Like I've said in previous posts I don't think titles are won or lost in the head to heads its winning the sticky games. Avondale had a sticky one against Marys at the start of the season as did Corinthains with Everton at home. I think who ever can limit these lapses whilst still operating on all fronts (Keane Cup, Intermediate Cup, Munster senior) will come out on top. I think Avondales experience might prove to be the deciding factor in the end but no one can doubt the progress this season with Corinthians the question is it a year too soon???

tricksey
12/11/2012, 11:36 AM
I had the pleasure of watching both teams this season and to be honest both teams impressed me. Personally I think the head to head games will be a good measure of how far Corinthians have come over the last few seasons as a team but I don't think they will decide were the title goes. Corinthians have definitely added an element of steel and ruthlessness to their team this season which for me is a big difference on last season. Avondale retain that ability to step up the gears when needed and the depth of the squad is fantastic with quality just about everywhere. Operating on all fronts in all competitions is a big ask for an amateur team and I think this might be the area were Corinthians might find tough. Like I've said in previous posts I don't think titles are won or lost in the head to heads its winning the sticky games. Avondale had a sticky one against Marys at the start of the season as did Corinthains with Everton at home. I think who ever can limit these lapses whilst still operating on all fronts (Keane Cup, Intermediate Cup, Munster senior) will come out on top. I think Avondales experience might prove to be the deciding factor in the end but no one can doubt the progress this season with Corinthians the question is it a year too soon???
I don't no is it a year to soon for Corinthians or not but if the can hold onto Luke Connelly as long as possible before the gaa season starts that's a big positive + if the two dale lads come on board in December it will obviously give cors a boost

Chiefscout
12/11/2012, 12:09 PM
Is it true that senior teams can only sign 2 players in the transfer "window"

tricksey
12/11/2012, 12:16 PM
Is it true that senior teams can only sign 2 players in the transfer "window"
Surely not chief ? That would be a joke of a rule.

El Patron
12/11/2012, 4:04 PM
That's not true, as far as i know there's a limit to the squad size at any one stage of the season so it doesn't matter when you sign players. i could be wrong

El Patron
12/11/2012, 4:07 PM
i bet Everton can't wait for the league game v Avondale this weekend. Good luck with that one

pirlo
12/11/2012, 8:03 PM
Don't worry, he's been infracted
you deleted a post that i put up over the weekend that i thought was fair and to the point,i did not use the wrong typing or verbally abuse anyone, why was this? i thought this was a forum where we could express our opinion..obviously i was wrong.

pirlo
12/11/2012, 8:15 PM
Surely not chief ? That would be a joke of a rule.
Clubs can only sign two players from within the MSL, they can sign as many as they like who are not already registered with the MSL.

ringmahon4ever
12/11/2012, 8:46 PM
think the rule is you can only sign two players from same club in the msl.

Corinthionie
13/11/2012, 2:47 AM

Good Points, well made.

tricksey
13/11/2012, 5:35 PM
Heard Everton had two players walk out at the weekend when the team was called out. Doesn't surprise me though as its a young team and players are probably frustrated.

razor
14/11/2012, 11:04 AM
Saw this on the MSL website.

There will no games on w/ends 21/22/23rd & 28/29/30th of December.

Games will re-commence on w/end 4/5/6 January. Donie Forde Trophy Q-Finals will be played on this w/end.

Bit of forward planning and give the pitches a chance.
Credit where it's due.

corkgaffer
14/11/2012, 3:03 PM
Nothing but common sense being shown here.... I wonder if there is a way of bottling it and passing it on to some of the referee's.....

tricksey
14/11/2012, 4:01 PM
Nothing but common sense being shown here.... I wonder if there is a way of bottling it and passing it on to some of the referee's.....
All referees make mistakes gaffer just like managers and players ......

corkgaffer
14/11/2012, 4:28 PM
All referees make mistakes gaffer just like managers and players ......

Dont get me wrong tricksey I agree with you totally but there are days when common sense is in short supply all round no more so than the man in the middle. Its a thankless task but it is a privileged one also lets not forget that. That privilege should not be mistaken for egotism nor misinterpreted to fuel an individual in self empowerment that in many cases arises from this temporary position of authority he gains on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

tricksey
14/11/2012, 4:46 PM
Dont get me wrong tricksey I agree with you totally but there are days when common sense is in short supply all round no more so than the man in the middle. Its a thankless task but it is a privileged one also lets not forget that. That privilege should not be mistaken for egotism nor misinterpreted to fuel an individual in self empowerment that in many cases arises from this temporary position of authority he gains on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.
A minority of refs I think.if we all named five of the I reckon 80% of us would come with the same few!there are those that have attitude probloms but look at the end of the day just smile at them and agree because a ref on your wrong side can really cost you!

Glenbuck
14/11/2012, 9:03 PM
Great result for cors. Glenbuck what did you make of the game. I still think rockmount will finish above cors this year. Can't see cors lasting the distance.Only off a plane. Only got result by text. Cant comment. Sorry mate.

Chiefscout
16/11/2012, 7:28 PM
Mount 0 marys 0.halftime

razor
16/11/2012, 8:38 PM
Mount won 1-0

El Patron
16/11/2012, 10:27 PM
3 points for Rockmount puts them joint top. I thought Mary's to be fair gave a good account of themselves and can take alot from this evenings game.

Glenbuck
17/11/2012, 10:50 AM
3 points for Rockmount puts them joint top. I thought Mary's to be fair gave a good account of themselves and can take alot from this evenings game.Totally agree but it must be very frustrating for Ken Daly that his team really up their performance against Rockmount and will probably go back to them selves next time out. Enjoyed the second half but the first half was terrible. Young Drummond made a great save before Rockmount took the lead through Jason Higgins who had a fine game last night. Visitors then had a man sent off for a reckless challenge. It was by the grace of God that no one was hurt. Marys were well up for it alright. Still 3 points for the Mount. We will take that in a Northside derby anyday of the week.

splinter
17/11/2012, 5:04 PM
I dont think Ken can be disappointed at all. Every week Marys give it their best but sometimes its just not good enough...I think luck has a big part to play in this too because in the last 2 games they played well and just got beaten by 2 good strikes. 1 could never fault their effort

razor
18/11/2012, 12:20 PM
Everton 0-3 Avondale

Clifford
18/11/2012, 12:40 PM
Fermoy 1-3 Midleton

Game of taking chances. Midleton took theirs we didn't until stoppage time. Evenly matched sides all the way through.

freddie04
18/11/2012, 1:21 PM
Spot on Clifford with that report of the game, fermoy did have a lot of chances but didn't take them and midleton scored 3 goal from 4/5 chances they had in the game. Midleton were struggling a little for numbers today but fair play to them for getting three points away to a very well organised fermoy team.
Any points taken away from home this season is great

Clifford
18/11/2012, 1:45 PM
Cheers Freddie, still a learning curve for us and we're deffo competitive which is all we can ask first time up v this level of opponent.

Any news on Hall v UCC lads?

razor
18/11/2012, 2:30 PM
Any news on Hall v UCC lads?2-2 I'm hearing

striker09
18/11/2012, 5:31 PM
Very very tough game in fermoy today 3 1 win but game was closer than scoreline suggests but we will take 3 points had 5 missing with suspensions and Work so huge effort from the lads to win game

old-head
18/11/2012, 8:33 PM
Good away win for Midleton. Good chance for them to push on again on Friday night at home to Mary's who seem to be really struggling.

Silly Billy G
19/11/2012, 10:03 AM
Everton 0-3 Avondale

Its looking bad for Everton, they are really struggling this season

old-head
19/11/2012, 11:00 AM
Ya Everton are strugglin alright. Their fate this year won't be decided by how they do against Avondale though. Fermoy away next week is a much bigger game and should give a better idea on how they stand.