PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

Southsider
04/11/2012, 7:49 PM
On the ball Chief. No point having strong midfielders and full backs if your centre halfs are AWFUL. After Sherlock most important position on the pitch is centre back. I think they will struggle to stay up this season. Dark horses ???? For what ???? Not the league anyway and not for a very long time to come !!

Chiefscout
04/11/2012, 8:06 PM
On the ball Chief. No point having strong midfielders and full backs if your centre halfs are AWFUL. After Sherlock most important position on the pitch is centre back. I think they will struggle to stay up this season. Dark horses ???? For what ???? Not the league anyway and not for a very long time to come !!
I'd disagree bout centre halfs being next important.id be more inclined to say its an out and out goalscorer or goalscorers.something mayfield definitely haven't got,midleton haven't got,the hall haven't got,Everton the same

freddie04
04/11/2012, 9:48 PM
I'd disagree bout centre halfs being next important.id be more inclined to say its an out and out goalscorer or goalscorers.something mayfield definitely haven't got,midleton haven't got,the hall haven't got,Everton the same
Pretty spot on with regards to prolific centre forwards for those teams. The games this weekend will have a huge bearing on what teams are going to be in real trouble and are going to be in a dogfight to survive. The bottom of the league might be more interesting than the top.
Friday night midleton v Douglas hall is huge for both teams not much between them going on last Friday night game. It's strange to be talking about Douglas in these term's but loose on Friday they will be involved in a relegation fight for sure.
Everton need to pick up points quick but I really can't see them surviving . St mary v fermoy is huge for Mary's I did not expect them to be bottom of the table in November but the table doesn't lie, fermoy from what I heard are set up well and are solid at the back and if you don't concede a lot they will survive. Mayfield v ucc mayfield basically need to get their season going quickly or it could be a long winter for them.

the league is really spilt into two now Avondale/rock mount/college Corinthian competing for silverware and the rest are going to take points off each other all season which is going to make it a really interesting fight for survival.

Southsider
04/11/2012, 10:31 PM
Chief if you don't concede goals then you always have a chance to win games but I hear where your coming from I know your going to say if you don't score goals you can't win games so we'll agree to disagree.
I think the Hall will have a long season as will Mayfield both will be scrapping it out for relegation with Everton. I think Mary's will stay up, at the moment not sure why but Mary's are Mary's !!!
Anyone know when intermediate draw on ?

Chiefscout
04/11/2012, 10:36 PM
Chief if you don't concede goals then you always have a chance to win games but I hear where your coming from I know your going to say if you don't score goals you can't win games so we'll agree to disagree.
I think the Hall will have a long season as will Mayfield both will be scrapping it out for relegation with Everton. I think Mary's will stay up, at the moment not sure why but Mary's are Mary's !!!
Anyone know when intermediate draw on ?think it Wednesday.whos left in it?.

Goggs
05/11/2012, 6:56 AM
Pretty spot on with regards to prolific centre forwards for those teams. The games this weekend will have a huge bearing on what teams are going to be in real trouble and are going to be in a dogfight to survive. The bottom of the league might be more interesting than the top.
Friday night midleton v Douglas hall is huge for both teams not much between them going on last Friday night game. It's strange to be talking about Douglas in these term's but loose on Friday they will be involved in a relegation fight for sure.
Everton need to pick up points quick but I really can't see them surviving . St mary v fermoy is huge for Mary's I did not expect them to be bottom of the table in November but the table doesn't lie, fermoy from what I heard are set up well and are solid at the back and if you don't concede a lot they will survive. Mayfield v ucc mayfield basically need to get their season going quickly or it could be a long winter for them.

the league is really spilt into two now Avondale/rock mount/college Corinthian competing for silverware and the rest are going to take points off each other all season which is going to make it a really interesting fight for survival.
Have to agree with you Freddy I think ucc could join the 3 you mentioned but the rest of the league is hotting up can any of these teams get into a rhythm of consistency and pick up 2 wins in a row very evenly matched.

AvondaleNutter
05/11/2012, 11:16 AM
This forum is gone to pot so i'm disabling my account.:(
Nice knowing ye all.
I never want to see another post about leeside, midleton or Crosshaven.
Hopefully it'll go back to the days of decent match reports etc..:ball:

razor
05/11/2012, 11:56 AM
Nice knowing ye all.
Hopefully it'll go back to the days of decent match reports etc..:ball:Sorry to hear that Nutter.
I think we had some decent reports this very weekend.(except from Avondale Park where there wasn't much to report)
There has been some jostling for position on here with the newcomers lately but I think it's settling down.
Those who think they can carry on their Junior League nonsense over here are sadly mistaken.

Some on here are obsessed with identity, I don't particularly care who any of ye are, everyone is entitled to an opinion on the MSL.
Talk football til the cows come home but in fairness who wants to be reading. (I know who you are, you haven't a clue etc etc)
I've maybe been a tad lenient, giving fellas the benefit of the doubt but infractions will follow.

Busy week this week with the Intermediate Cup draw (we think) and the clash of the top 2 in Whitechurch next Friday.

Chiefscout
05/11/2012, 12:01 PM
Sorry to hear that Nutter.
I think we had some decent reports this very weekend.(except from Avondale Park where there wasn't much to report)
There has been some jostling for position on here with the newcomers lately but I think it's settling down.
Those who think they can carry on their Junior League nonsense over here are sadly mistaken.

Some on here are obsessed with identity, I don't particularly care who any of ye are, everyone is entitled to an opinion on the MSL.
Talk football til the cows come home but in fairness who wants to be reading. (I know who you are, you haven't a clue etc etc)
I've maybe been a tad lenient, giving fellas the benefit of the doubt but infractions will follow.

Busy week this week with the Intermediate Cup draw (we think) and the clash of the top 2 in Whitechurch next Friday.
Totally agree razor and I for one will talk nothing but football from here on in ��

Goggs
05/11/2012, 12:12 PM
Nice knowing ye all.
Hopefully it'll go back to the days of decent match reports etc..:ball:

Dont go Avondale we need some representation from the top club.

Chiefscout
05/11/2012, 12:26 PM
Dont go Avondale we need some representation from the top club.
We have razor for that goggs.but I'd be same as you and ask Avondale to stay

striker09
05/11/2012, 12:57 PM
I am midleton and havent being on in week or so wow who the hell did we upset . We are going thru a rough patch but to be fair a win fri will have us on 10 points in 3rd place after playing rockmount avondale and mayfield .I must say its being a learning curve but all we can do is keep training hard and results will turn around im sure of it .I wont make excuses end of season we will be where we deserve to be FACT. We train hard so when match day comes we are ready some days it will click and look fantastic other days its like u never played together thats football and why i love it. Hope to get out what we put in but if we dont we will try again next season .

corkgaffer
05/11/2012, 3:06 PM
Is it not a bit too early to be thinking about relegation or who is going to be winning things? I mean its only the first week in November and we are condemning Mayfield, Midleton and now UCC to the first division and by the sounds of things Marys and Fermoy are doomed too. There's a lot of football between now and the end of the season. I wouldn't be judging teams at present as some have heavy injury lists (Mayfield)and some have had to the good fortune of going out of cups early so are able to prepare and focus a lot more (sorry Clifford meant as a compliment). Theres plenty of talent at each of these clubs in terms of players and coaches. Corintihians are surprising some people this season but in truth some of us expected them to push on this season and they are playing some fine stuff and Joe has them well drilled and organised too. UCC with John Caulfield will be no pushover and it seems the new comers to the premier seem a lot more organised in general. You don't win the MSL by beating just Avondale or Rockmount that accounts for only 4 games in total. You win the MSL by beating the likes of Everton up at the airport on a windy rainy day when the wind is coming horizontal at you or by going to Marys and battling hard for the scraps they are prepared to give you. A lot of big games coming up 6 pointers everywere you look. Its going to be a long season for sure but there's plenty of football left in it yet.

corkgaffer
05/11/2012, 3:18 PM
Avondale 6-0 Castleview

Took in this game on Sunday. Good game in fairness and it always helps if when you come out on a freezing cold Sunday that your treated to goals. No matter how many times you see it you still cant help being impressed how Avondale can step up through the gears when they need to. Still the team to beat throughout the land and Id say plenty of people will be saying a few hail marys that they don't pull them out of the hat in the Intermediate cup.

bullet
05/11/2012, 6:18 PM
If i was u gaffer i would spend less time worrying about john and joes teams and the whole premier league in general and try and get leeside out of the bottom three in the second division which at the moment is a huge job.

corkgaffer
05/11/2012, 6:49 PM
Just responding to an earlier football thread on the state of play in the MSL premier and like I said a lot of football to be played and by the way who's worrying?

roberto1
05/11/2012, 7:02 PM
If i was u gaffer i would spend less time worrying about john and joes teams and the whole premier league in general and try and get leeside out of the bottom three in the second division which at the moment is a huge job.
from what i have seen of Leeside they wont be far off the top two

Southsider
05/11/2012, 7:54 PM

When people are saying Joes team is Paddy o Keefe gone from Corinthians and Gamble now as gaffer ?

corkgaffer
05/11/2012, 8:05 PM
Getting a bit tired that no matter the post or the topic it still ends up down the same old avenue.....

mayfield utd
05/11/2012, 11:08 PM
When people are saying Joes team is Paddy o Keefe gone from Corinthians and Gamble now as gaffer ? paddy still the manager,joe doing the coaching as far as i know

Southsider
06/11/2012, 9:05 AM
paddy still the manager,joe doing the coaching as far as i know

Very harsh for a lot of people to be saying "joes" team don't ye think. Paddy is still the manager and picks the team and formation. Just because Gamble is involved it doesn't mean he running the whole show up there.

corkgaffer
06/11/2012, 9:11 AM
I agree southsider. I think we can all agree thats its a partnership that seems to be doing very well. No disrespect meant to Paddy o Keefe. My comments were alluding to the fact that Joe and his coaching has brought an extra dimension to them.

mary
06/11/2012, 11:47 AM
Out of interest bullet what would you do to get them out of the bottom three. Please enlighten us with your football superiority.

1fortheTeam
06/11/2012, 12:09 PM
Out of interest bullet what would you do to get them out of the bottom three. Please enlighten us with your football superiority.thank god no one goes down 1st ..or contact the aul .;)

striker09
06/11/2012, 12:48 PM
@corkgaffer keep training hard results will come we see ye training away in carrig keep at it

1fortheTeam
06/11/2012, 12:59 PM
@corkgaffer keep training hard results will come we see ye training away in carrig keep at ityes hard work and all the staff pulling together..i hear the boss is a top guy so once he gets the respect of them with the say down in little island it should get better.

tricksey
07/11/2012, 2:15 PM
Ringmahon have gone internal for there manager I hear joint managers John kenny and paul o brien

wesleyBHFC
09/11/2012, 10:07 AM
CIT 4-2 Tramore

tricksey
09/11/2012, 5:33 PM
Goin down to watch the hall v midleton hope it's a better game then the last time

razor
09/11/2012, 8:25 PM
Rockmount 0-1 Corinthians

A goal ten minutes to go won it, both sides ended with ten men.
Corinthians laying down a marker.

Chiefscout
09/11/2012, 8:49 PM
Rockmount 0-1 Corinthians

A goal ten minutes to go won it, both sides ended with ten men.
Corinthians laying down a marker.Did they deserve it razor?.thats a savage result for them man.2 horse race for title?

freddie04
09/11/2012, 8:54 PM
Midleton 2 Douglas hall 2
midleton opened the scoring after 5 minutes but were down to 10 men after 15 minutes of the opening half. Douglas scored with a good move with Derek varian finishing off the move. In fairness midleton didn't put down their heads and went ahead through a headed goal from a free kick outside the box. Douglas again equalised shortly after and put a a lot off pressure on the midleton defence in the remaining minutes of the first half.
in fairness even though Douglas controlled the second half they couldn't break Down the midleton defence. They did have a few half chances and one great save from the midleton goalkeeper kept them at bay. Midleton had one good chance before the end to sneak it but they fully deserved the point. I'm sure the management team will be delighted to get a point from this game under the circumstances.
Douglas hall must be disappointed that they couldn't gain a victory against ten men though.

razor
09/11/2012, 10:08 PM
Did they deserve it razor?.thats a savage result for them man.2 horse race for title?Wasn't there Chief, just got a post match phone call.
I'm sure the usual suspects will fill us in shortly.

tricksey
09/11/2012, 10:28 PM
Was at the hall game shocking game to be honest some terrible defending for 3 of the 4 goals both those teams are set to struggle for the year.in fairness tho midleton did well with 10 men

AvondaleNutter
09/11/2012, 11:01 PM
Did they deserve it razor?.thats a savage result for them man.2 horse race for title?

Excellent game. Corinthians played the better ball but rockmount were dogged as usual with hoey outstanding. Corinthians used their midfield while rockmount by passed theirs. Great header by Connolly to put Corinthians 1 up with about 10 to go. Then waters got sent off for jumping fairly with the keeper and O'Connell went down as if he was shot. Rockmount went bizerk and waters was shown a second yellow in my opinion very unfairly. On the whistle, hoey lunged in for a tackle and was fairly high and got a straight red. College deserved it in the end and will certainly give Avondale a run for their money.

Pundit
10/11/2012, 10:39 AM
Great result for cors. Glenbuck what did you make of the game. I still think rockmount will finish above cors this year. Can't see cors lasting the distance.

Chiefscout
10/11/2012, 10:47 AM
Great result for cors. Glenbuck what did you make of the game. I still think rockmount will finish above cors this year. Can't see cors lasting the distance.
After seeing both teams play on 2-3 occasions this season I'd say it'll be other way around pundit.didnt see last nights game though.but only time will tell and there's a long season there yet

razor
10/11/2012, 3:34 PM
Avondale 6-0 Everton

sharpshooter
10/11/2012, 3:52 PM
Bandon 2 castleview 0

Mighty almighty
10/11/2012, 4:05 PM
UCC 7-0 mayfield,heard crazy referreein in this game...think it was the same in the Douglas midleton game Friday night aswell,ridiculous decisions from some poor referree 's this year.

villaman10
10/11/2012, 4:11 PM
I can't remember the last time i saw scorelines like that in the premier league, were there players sent off?? not like mayfield or everton to just throw in the towel like that!

Nedge
10/11/2012, 4:42 PM
Crazy refereeing alright for one decision. When Ucc were two up, ball hit the back stantion and came back into play and was tapped into an empty net. Mayfield stopped playing then and decided to badger the ref for the rest of the game. Mayfield were missing quite a few players so probably not a fair reflection on their team

Brad
10/11/2012, 4:48 PM
St Mary's 0-1 Fermoy

tricksey
10/11/2012, 5:08 PM
UCC 7-0 mayfield,heard crazy referreein in this game...think it was the same in the Douglas midleton game Friday night aswell,ridiculous decisions from some poor referree 's this year.
I was at the hall game Friday night and thought the ref was very good don't know we're that came from

El Patron
10/11/2012, 5:28 PM
Corinthians fully deserved the 3 points last night. I was really impressed with them and thought they played some superb football. They played out from the back and were a joy to watch. The guy Luke was superb and deserved to get the winner.

As for Rockmount they spent more time bitching at eachother and the ref then anything else. There very solid at the back and are hard to break down plus they have 2 solid keepers to choose from. Hoey was excellent but let himself down again with a horrible tackle at the end which he got a red card for. Rockmount were over run in the middle of the park and rely on cambridge and alan o connor's pace big time when going forward. Giddy up top tries hard and is an excellent player who conducts himself well on the pitch. No complaints here for Rockmount, Corinthians were simply the better team.

sbsbsbsb
10/11/2012, 5:33 PM
Crazy refereeing alright for one decision. When Ucc were two up, ball hit the back stantion and came back into play and was tapped into an empty net. Mayfield stopped playing then and decided to badger the ref for the rest of the game. Mayfield were missing quite a few players so probably not a fair reflection on their team
Was at this game as well... UCC were able to just run through the Mayfield defence and the UCC keeper barely had to make a save. That said the third goal shouldn't have stood and thereafter Mayfield got about 7 or 8 bookings. Warren, Murphy and O'Shea missing for Mayfield. Josh O'Shea, Steve Mahon, Simon Holland, Eoin Kilcommons (3) and Cathla Lordan with UCC goals. I wonder when was the last time UCC had such a big victory in the Premier division, if ever?!

Clifford
10/11/2012, 5:37 PM
St Mary's 0-1 Fermoy

Another tough battle today away at Mary's and delighted to report that a Kurt Wheeler screamer about 15 into the second half was the difference between the sides. Good hard game where we stood up to an early onslaught of pressure and eventually started playing our own ball which should have seen us sneak one before halftime after a scramble in the box.

Second half saw us score and then defend it well til the end. Another vital three point in a day of mental scorelines.

Roll on next Sunday morning and welcoming the Magpies to Carrig park.

AvondaleNutter
10/11/2012, 5:45 PM
Brian Murphy was nominated for intermediate player of the year. Fair play to him

razor
10/11/2012, 5:48 PM
Brian Murphy was awarded intermediate player of the year. Fair play to himI think he was nominated for it.
Isn't there usually three nominated first?

AvondaleNutter
10/11/2012, 5:50 PM
I think he was nominated for it.
Isn't there usually three nominated first?
Yes you're quite right. Corrected